Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2020 (CLOSED)

Comments

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Well done Zatetic, Many, many, years ago my space dinos mixed it up with the home bots. My human built bots never had a chance.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited January 2020
    Zatetic said:

The Pillow Fort Battles were a series of epic conflicts between dinosaurs, kauiju and robots that erupted on a regular basis within the creative mind of a young boy. Such battles were always observed by softer entities from whom comfort could always be counted on between battles.

Hard: SRB 800, Ankylosaurus and Dragon Turtle.    Soft: Puffball, stuffed toy dog, and Snorlax

That gave me an idea ...  

Which was:

Soft and Hard.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 2M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Very cool (pun intended)

Well done SimonJM. I see your feline budy is not in this snowy scene.

Who do you think is piloting the mech ..? cheeky

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    nattaruk said:

Hi All,

Llola Lane Great interpretation of an instructive old story.

Gordig Good render. I'm also not too keen on HDRIs myself, but, nevertheless, I think this idea is strong enough to make things work anyway.

(Adds tortoise to wishlist)

mori_mann Lovely! The gem eyes are great.

L'Adair  Love the colour palette here and the lighting is great. Very nostalgic feel.

deeleelaw57 Kitties are meant to be spoiled!!

xmasrose (aka tulipe) Superb! I don't think the worm will escape though...

Saphirewild Aww, touching render.

Linwelly I'm getting a strong book cover vibe from this; historical romance with added intrigue?

isidorn Interesting collection! Fascinating contrast between hard and soft.

Here's my attempt: Hard and Soft

Hard jewels; soft hold.

As usual rendered in 3Delight.

Thanks nattaruk  ... I'm in awe at the interpretations everyone is having with the themes... I take things waaaaaaay to literally it seems... lol.  Thanks for joining the challenge this year... I wouldn't change a thing in your art.  It's perfect!

Zatetic said:

The Pillow Fort Battles were a series of epic conflicts between dinosaurs, kaiju and robots that erupted on a regular basis within the creative mind of a young boy. Such battles were always observed by softer entities from whom comfort could always be counted on between battles.

Hard: SRB 800, Ankylosaurus and Dragon Turtle.    Soft: Puffball, stuffed toy dog, and Snorlax

Oh WOW... Zatetic  ... What an awesome piece of artwork and story.... Glad you could join us for the challenge this year.  Hope to see more of your artwork in the months again.  Thanks for sharing!

SimonJM said:
    Zatetic said:

The Pillow Fort Battles were a series of epic conflicts between dinosaurs, kauiju and robots that erupted on a regular basis within the creative mind of a young boy. Such battles were always observed by softer entities from whom comfort could always be counted on between battles.

That gave me an idea ...  

Which was:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Great one Simon... (looks for Kitteh???)  Can't see a thing in all that soft snow.  Oh wait... maybe Kitteh is under the hard robutt's foot?  eep!!!!  lol.  Thanks for sharing!

SimonJM said:

Who do you think is piloting the mech ..? cheeky

Haa.. of course!!!   I posted my reply before I read down the thread to see this... duhhhhh... lol

Today is the last day of the month everyone... post'em if ya got'em for HARD and SOFT cause for February we turn up the heat and then cool down with HOT and COLD!!!!

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited February 2020

It has been a while since I participated in your Render a Month Challenge.  January flew by so fast and I didn't have any inspiration.  I wanted to make sure I didn't miss February.

So here is my Hot and Cold submission.

Hot and Cold.png
    1500 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

That's a hot ducky! Errmm... I'll show myself out.blush

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Wow!  That looks like a photograph!

Dana

You even have the H and C labels to be helpful, but I don't think ducky can read. Well Done Kismet2012

isidorn said:

That's a hot ducky! Errmm... I'll show myself out.blush

I hoped you wouldn't mind if I "borrowed" ducky.  I couldn't resist.

DanaTA said:

Wow!  That looks like a photograph!

Dana

Thanks Dana.

You even have the H and C labels to be helpful, but I don't think ducky can read. Well Done Kismet2012

For something so simple it was actually the hardest part.

edited February 2020

It has been a while since I participated in your Render a Month Challenge.  January flew by so fast and I didn't have any inspiration.  I wanted to make sure I didn't miss February.

An imposter duck ...???? cheeky

I know there are new theories and all, but I grew up with the old theories that they were cold-blooded, so .. Hot (blooded) and Cold (blooded):

Hot and Cold 01.jpg
    2400 x 1920 - 3M

Don't know about cold blooded but I am sure it could send a cold chill down most warm bloods. Very well done SimonJM.

Thanks for starting us off Kis... soooo happy to see you back working on art :)  Wonderful artwork as always... Looking forward to more from you :)

SimonJM said:

I know there are new theories and all, but I grew up with the old theories that they wer cold-blooded, so .. Hot (blodded) and Cold (blodded):

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeat interpretation of the challenge Simon... Couldn't fit Kitteh in the picture?  lol.... (boggles with the mind)  Thanks for sharing... Just love your artwork ;)

edited February 2020
    SimonJM said:

I know there are new theories and all, but I grew up with the old theories that they wer cold-blooded, so .. Hot (blodded) and Cold (blodded):

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeat interpretation of the challenge Simon... Couldn't fit Kitteh in the picture?  lol.... (boggles with the mind)  Thanks for sharing... Just love your artwork ;)

Kitteh could be both in the picture (just out of frame) and also in dino ... ;)  But would I be that cruel?

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Kitteh could be both in the picture (just out of frame) and also in dino ... ;)  But would I be that cruel?

eep... VERRRRRRRRRRY cruel... BAD Simon!!! erm.. Dino???  lol

Don't know about cold blooded but I am sure it could send a cold chill down most warm bloods. Very well done SimonJM.

Or the hot (blooded) seems to be getting a cold shower.

And Kitteh is probably flying one of those things in the air (whose name I never remember)

Well done Simon!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

(Ice)man's Best Friend

He wasn't sure how much longer he could survive being stationed on this blasted hellscape, but meeting Dante made the torture more bearable.

Love conquers all, even if it's the kind of love between a (ice)man and his (fire)dog. smiley Great concept @Gordig !

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited February 2020

I just love that render @Gordig 

I just think that love will conquer all!!

Post edited by Saphirewild on

Now that is a cool way to warm a thingd up. Well Done Gordig

edited February 2020

Love not Returned

His gift and heat of his hot burning love is not enough to melt through her ice cold heart.

Love Not Returned.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 166K
    Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Nice hot and colds, peeps! Still thinking on something :)