Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    dragotx said:

I got a banner offering an extra 70% off as I own 1 or more items*. That brings the bundle to 85% discount total or $23,51.

Well, "unfortunately" I own 10 of the 13 products included in the bundle. So that's $23,51 for - im my case - two pose sets plus the clothing product from Nikisatez. I like the bundle idea in general but the way it is, it's no great deal for heavy customers. Will definitely pass. If DAZ would have offered something like $4-5 per missing product, I would have thought about it but even the 70% doesn't cut it in my case.

*Don't know if the extra percentage is bound to the # of products. If so, it might stop at 7 products = 70% which whould be $23,51 for the remaining 6 and a far better deal.

===

OK, now I'm sort of p*****. Owning 10 of 13 makes the staff deal uninteresting. So I also miss 20% of new releases and two free items. Thanks for being a good customer, DAZ!

I also want to know if the extra % off code includes the 20% off the whole ticket for PC+ members, or do we have to lose that if we want the bundle for anything approaching a reasonable price?

Well, for me it's a moot point.  Even with the bonus 60% off coupon, the price of the bundle is still more than I'm willing to pay for the few items in it that I don't already have, so I won't be purchasing it today.  There are a couple of items in the bundle that I would purchase for what the coupon brings them down to, but there are more items left in it that I have no personal use for, so it's not a good deal for me.

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

Just for the record, I have a majority of swirlies with the new items. An interesting consideration is that it seems to only affect new releases - everything in the back catalog seems to load.

TD

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,526

i see swirlies everywhere..the entire new release today sectiuon is swirling around..I have at least 8 of them on the main SHOP page ... 
    Hopefully once staff gets in today they can get this fixed. Its serioulsy getting old already. 

I would do a tiocket but they must have hundreds of them already. This store is getting really bad. BAD. I'm tired of wasting my time submitting tickets when the stuff should work as advertised. Now its to the point of oh well, I'm outa here. Not wasting my energy any longer trying to figure this mess out. 

swirls and more swirls ... 
    The new releases ... what new releases? 

trying to shop .. cant see the stuff - swirls. 
    1st page ...swirls ... 

I did file a ticket complaining about the seriously terrible store they are running here at DAZ. My last ticket concerning the problems. If they can't get it straight, there are other places to spend my money. 

stoire messed again.jpg
    1391 x 817 - 76K
    store messed 2.jpg
    1920 x 976 - 431K
    store messed 3.jpg
    1920 x 978 - 403K

and I've been a customer here since day 1 when DAZ was created ... actually when it was Zygote. Sick of these problems. 

• I have the banner saying 80% off for the Staff Bundle but I already own all of them

Screenshot from 2019-11-25 11-07-27.png
    1920 x 1080 - 363K
    Screenshot from 2019-11-25 11-05-24.png
    1920 x 1080 - 845K
  • wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited November 2019

Mu banner said 60%. Ther were 5 items I don't have, and only one of those that I want. There was so little on the "2 free items" list it was like "Yeah, I'd take these for free, but even if they came up on an insane sale like 90% off, I'd prolly ignore them. Bu I can still put 2 of those items together with the 1 bundle item I want, use the 20% off code, and end up cheaper.

The thing that DAZ doesn't seem to get is that those of us with most of the stuff in the bundle have prolly rejected the things we don't have, time after time. I call it the "bundle factor". Seems to average around 30% of a bundle is stuff I don't want'. So if they want to give us a "consession prize" it shouldn't have anything to do with the remainder of the bundle, at all. Maybe it's just me: I am "scary logical" in the words of a collegue.

The big question is, is the 20% off code multiuse?

If not, the optimal strategy is def to stack with the gift card discount and buy some "32% off money", so I'm going to clear my cart, do that, then loop back, reload cart, and try the 20% off code again.

Post edited by wiz on

My swirly workaround:

1. Get Tor Browser if you don't already have it. https://www.torproject.org/
    2. Check your exit node (click the onion on the browser bar) and make sure it's not in the US. If it is, click "new route".
    3. View DAZ swirly free. Log in if you want to see "your" prices.

You're welcome.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited November 2019

I have the banner saying 80% off for the Staff Bundle but I already own all of them

I think what happened is that some of us have picked up offered content in items in the past that was offered in other pro or product bundles and not purchased individually, so they don't get triggered as purchased until you click the product page... But that is just my guess though 

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited November 2019

Confirmed that the 20% off code is at least 2 3 5 uses.

At least 1 of those can be a "stack with the gift card sale, get 32% of money" deal.

Post edited by wiz on
  • daveso said:

1st page ...swirls ... 

I did file a ticket complaining about the seriously terrible store they are running here at DAZ. My last ticket concerning the problems. If they can't get it straight, there are other places to spend my money. 

I've been having the same problem too.  I count 10 items on the shop's front page 6 of them are in the first two rows.   On this page https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-staff-picks-mega-bundle the six items listed after it says Staff Picks extra 30% off are the swirling image also.

• S_Monger said:
    daveso said:

1st page ...swirls ... 

I've been having the same problem too.  I count 10 items on the shop's front page 6 of them are in the first two rows.   On this page https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-staff-picks-mega-bundle the six items listed after it says Staff Picks extra 30% off are the swirling image also.

Lots of swirlies here for me too.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,359

I get swirlies on new releases for a couple seconds, then they resolve fine and show the thumbnails with working links. I'm in Forida, USA. I'm using Chrome and have Spectrum cable internet.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,097

Here's some info to help debug the swirlies:

https://www.daz3d.com/dazApi/slab/[SKU] should return the details of the items. For some, it returns a totally blank response, and these become swirlies, just waiting for something to arrive, which never does. This is most likely broken at a caching site, since the same url returns data just fine at one location, and does not return anything at another.

Maybe these should not be cached? Or their cache should be deleted, and repopulated with valid data everywhere?

• vwrangler said:
    Anyway, here are today's swirlies, which cover every new release BUT the staff pick bundle. Any idea what any of them are?

Just to be contrary, I was seeing all the individual bits but the bundle was a swirly. That was a couple of hours ago, it's visible now. 

• Would those of you still seeing swirlies do a hard refresh please.

• Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

I do not want to seem like i am complaining.   But i got a coupon today that I can not use. when i click the bundle items it appears I actually own every one of item offered . so then the coupon goes on and says because i own one or more of the items offered in the bundle I can get a 20% discount for the other content in the bundle offer.. * Huh! confused look!  I just stated I already bought all those items in the past..lol    its a really great offer truly it is for those that have not already bought the content offered in the bundle . I am reckoning I spend way to much at daz.

So what else you got?

Are you sure you own all? That's for people who have only a few of the items.

Yes sir. I just doubled checked every item in the bundle. and when i click on item page the buy button says purchased . which is how i knew i had bought everything sometme in the past.  I even have the V8 HD pack which was one of the items i did  not think i had but turns out i do.

Please pic a item from this bundle offer and i will show you a screen capture of the product page the shows i own it :)

This is the banner coupon, not the 20% off the entire order coupon from today's promo page? If so it may be worth checking with suport in case there's a glitch in your account - as far as I am aware anyone with all the items should, however useless it may be, fall in the 80% discount group.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,159
    edited November 2019
    Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

I do not want to seem like i am complaining.   But i got a coupon today that I can not use. when i click the bundle items it appears I actually own every one of item offered . so then the coupon goes on and says because i own one or more of the items offered in the bundle I can get a 20% discount for the other content in the bundle offer.. * Huh! confused look!  I just stated I already bought all those items in the past..lol    its a really great offer truly it is for those that have not already bought the content offered in the bundle . I am reckoning I spend way to much at daz.

So what else you got?

Are you sure you own all? That's for people who have only a few of the items.

Yes sir. I just doubled checked every item in the bundle. and when i click on item page the buy button says purchased . which is how i knew i had bought everything sometme in the past.  I even have the V8 HD pack which was one of the items i did  not think i had but turns out i do.

Please pic a item from this bundle offer and i will show you a screen capture of the product page the shows i own it :)

This is the banner coupon, not the 20% off the entire order coupon from today's promo page? If so it may be worth checking with suport in case there's a glitch in your account - as far as I am aware anyone with all the items should, however useless it may be, fall in the 80% discount group.

I am getting the 80% off banner now  . But i wasn't this morning , so I guess my account has been updated.

Thanks guys

Capture.JPG
    606 x 418 - 64K
    2.JPG
    671 x 244 - 36K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,097

Would those of you still seeing swirlies do a hard refresh please.

Still empty. Adding a random parameter to force a new copy does return the correct data, but the url Daz has on the site is still returning an empty response. Chicago node.

• Don't know if this is of any help but I'm in Texas (11 miles North of Mexico) and I don't see the swirlies here

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,080

Would those of you still seeing swirlies do a hard refresh please.

Hard refresh result -

image3.jpg
    1275 x 935 - 154K
  • vwrangler said:
    It occurred to me to try something, however. I installed the VPN that we use at work on my tablet, and tried that way. Since I know that some of the mods are in the UK, I had it route the connection through London. Doing that, I could actually see the images, using Firefox on my Android tablet that had failed before.

Probably not connected to what's going wrong — I'm in the UK, using FireFox, and whenever I get a CloudFlare error it says it's going through London (although Manchester and Edinburgh are nearer).

I did this earlier too, but I tried again (ctrl + f5/reload, right?) and I still have the same problem. I'm from Sweden, I use Chrome. 

No difference, I still have to wait until the swirlies resolve (anything from a couple of hours to a couple of days).

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    I first noticed the swirlies issue on Saturday. I'm using Chrome. Before Saturday I had no issues.
    edited November 2019

4 hours after I posted above ... still have swirls. unbelievable DAZ ... and they have been opened probably 4 hours unless they start work at noon or something

Post edited by daveso on
  • SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

I'm still getting the swirlies, even with the hard refresh. (Google Chrome)

hard refresh, cleared cache, logged out, logged in, closed chrome, opened, still swirlies. same with Explorer. Only browsers on this system.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,008

Swirlies here, too. Hard refresh doesn't help. US, Chicago, Chrome

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,080
    edited November 2019

Now this is interesting - I've purchased several of the invisible items the past three days and this is the first time I've had this result. (FWIW, they display correctly in the shopping cart)

ETA - Firefox 70.0.1 64-bit, windows 8.1, Northern Indiana

image4.jpg
    1293 x 923 - 164K
    Post edited by namffuak on
This discussion has been closed.