Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Thanks for checking, I'll pass the results on.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    vwrangler said:
    It occurred to me to try something, however. I installed the VPN that we use at work on my tablet, and tried that way. Since I know that some of the mods are in the UK, I had it route the connection through London. Doing that, I could actually see the images, using Firefox on my Android tablet that had failed before.

Probably not connected to what's going wrong — I'm in the UK, using FireFox, and whenever I get a CloudFlare error it says it's going through London (although Manchester and Edinburgh are nearer).

Actually, I think it underlines what IS going on. Daz uses CloudFlare to mirror the site in numerous locations globally. In order to mirror the Daz website, each CloudFlare location needs to download and store the information. If the problem were on the Daz site, everyone would be seeing the same swirlies regardless of where they lived.

The fact some people are seeing all the products and some people are getting swirlies tells me that some of those mirror sites are not receiving all of the data. That's on CloudFlare.

I'm sure Daz is paying a considerable sum to make sure the site is showing completely for anyone visiting regardless of where they are. That any of us are getting swirlies consistently suggests Daz is not getting their money's worth from the service.

In my opinion, of course.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    L'Adair said:
    vwrangler said:
    It occurred to me to try something, however. I installed the VPN that we use at work on my tablet, and tried that way. Since I know that some of the mods are in the UK, I had it route the connection through London. Doing that, I could actually see the images, using Firefox on my Android tablet that had failed before.

Probably not connected to what's going wrong — I'm in the UK, using FireFox, and whenever I get a CloudFlare error it says it's going through London (although Manchester and Edinburgh are nearer).

Actually, I think it underlines what IS going on. Daz uses CloudFlare to mirror the site in numerous locations globally. In order to mirror the Daz website, each CloudFlare location needs to download and store the information. If the problem were on the Daz site, everyone would be seeing the same swirlies regardless of where they lived.

The fact some people are seeing all the products and some people are getting swirlies tells me that some of those mirror sites are not receiving all of the data. That's on CloudFlare.

I'm sure Daz is paying a considerable sum to make sure the site is showing completely for anyone visiting regardless of where they are. That any of us are getting swirlies consistently suggests Daz is not getting their money's worth from the service.

In my opinion, of course.

i, for one, agree with you. 

i'd love to see daz drop cloudflare and switch to fastly.  daz midnights around the world would be infinitely better places.  so would a lot of the following days. 

j

• Daz has tried a purge of the cache - has thios resolved the swirlies issue for those affected (or added any new issues)?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,097

Daz has tried a purge of the cache - has thios resolved the swirlies issue for those affected (or added any new issues)?

The one I was looking at previously is now working.

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

The swirlies are now gone for me, and I can see the new items on both the sale page and main shop. :-)

• TomDowdTomDowd Posts: 197

The swirlies are now ex-swirlies!

TD

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,080

Daz has tried a purge of the cache - has thios resolved the swirlies issue for those affected (or added any new issues)?

Clean here.

• Great, I've reported back we seem to have success.

• MazhMazh Posts: 476

For a moment I've thought they're talking about G8 Base characters.... laugh

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited November 2019
    L'Adair said:

Ya beat me to it. ;) Thanks. Although I saw reports of no swirlies or missing pieces.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    L'Adair said:

Ya beat me to it. ;) Thanks. Although I saw reports of no swirlies or missing pieces.

You're welcome.

I'm going to assume as long as we post those each day, there won't be any problems. Swirlies will only show up again once we let down our guard and stop posting the new releases each day.
    angel

• Well if one had to resort to Virtual proxy networks or TOR browser to shop at DAZ  that would certainly curb my spending, easier to hire a hitman!

I do see all of it today though and my munnies are safe.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,763

Add To Cart buttons (on all types of pages except wish list) do not work in IE 11 for me, do anyone else see this?  

• Taoz said:

Add To Cart buttons (on all types of pages except wish list) do not work in IE 11 for me, do anyone else see this?  

Which version of Windows is this?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,187
    edited November 2019

I'm getting the same thing - Win7 Pro and Internet Explorer - works fine in Chrome browser though, so not a show-stopper for me. Incidentally the "add to cart" from the GC page works just fine (and so does adding from wishlist) but nothing else does.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,427
    edited November 2019

Same here. The add to cart buttons don't work in IE 11 and I am on Windows 10 Pro; but they do work in Chrome and MS Edge.

While i was checking this out, I found another strange thing when usng MS Edge -- the main forums landing page page is a blank grey with no list of the forums. But it appears correctly in Chrome and IE 11.

Edit to add screen shot:

forums landing page.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 137K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,763
    Taoz said:

Which version of Windows is this?

• L'Adair said:
    I'm going to assume as long as we post those each day, there won't be any problems. Swirlies will only show up again once we let down our guard and stop posting the new releases each day.

This is what's known technically as a heisenbug.   

• Daz has indetified, and fixed on the main page and today's promo pages, the add to cart issue with IE 11. Other pages will update overnight. Note that you may need to clear your history to get the updated code.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,525

no need to buy anything today so will not be able to report any issues

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,133

There's no mention of what render engine those shaders are for anywhere on the product description or promo pics. 
    Given that most products are for Iray nowadays I suppose those are too, but it should really be listed somewhere IMO.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,301

A small conflict. At the start there is this:

10% OFF Gift Cards

Buy a Gift Card or any New Release to get Temporary PC+ Items $2.99

Later it says:

Temporary PC+ Items

Buy a Gift Card and any New Release to get Temporary PC+ Items $2.99

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,133

There's an inconsistency on the sale page:

• message at the top says "Buy a Gift Card or any New Release to get Temporary PC+ Items $2.99"
    • in the Temporary PC+ section it says "Buy a Gift Card and any New Release to get Temporary PC+ Items $2.99"
  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    Shouldn't "Quick Iray Outdoor Presets" https://www.daz3d.com/quick-iray-outdoor-presets be 70% off? They show 41% for me.
    Leana said:

There's no mention of what render engine those shaders are for anywhere on the product description or promo pics. 
    Given that most products are for Iray nowadays I suppose those are too, but it should really be listed somewhere IMO.

I hadn't noticed!

Anyway, I believe they are for Iray as the "Textures Include:" 167 Base color … texture maps. For 3Delight, they'd be diffuse instead of base color. But I'm still just guessing.

As a customer, I want to see which render engine is supported under "What's Included and Features", whether it's Iray, 3Delight or both. That's pretty basic information needed to make a buying decision. And it's even more important when the name of the product doesn't make it clear.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    L'Adair said:
    Leana said:

I hadn't noticed!

Anyway, I believe they are for Iray as the "Textures Include:" 167 Base color … texture maps. For 3Delight, they'd be diffuse instead of base color. But I'm still just guessing.

As a customer, I want to see which render engine is supported under "What's Included and Features", whether it's Iray, 3Delight or both. That's pretty basic information needed to make a buying decision. And it's even more important when the name of the product doesn't make it clear.

The Readme file says these are Iray shaders.

Hemi426 said:
    Shouldn't "Quick Iray Outdoor Presets" https://www.daz3d.com/quick-iray-outdoor-presets be 70% off? They show 41% for me.

I'm sorry, but no. They are not listed on the Flash Sale page. The offer includes most, but not all, of the products from Dreamlight.

This discussion has been closed.