Ultimate Pose Master [Commercial]

Comments

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    edited October 2020

...DS remains active in the task manager...

I had forgotten about this.  The solution is:

connect( MainWindow, "aboutToClose()", processClose );

where function processClose() sets g_SessionBusy = false, which must also be tested in the "Sleep" loop.  I've attached HideRestore_ModalDialog_v2.dsa  that demonstrates this.

(the Shape-Splitter product seems to not do this, and DS remains active with it.)

...I add a modaless dzdialog...

The Shape-Splitter product uses a Modal MessageBox which must be dismissed each time.

Maybe you could instead use App.showURL() to non-modally show a .txt file message?

2020-Oct-08 Updated: I think this may be better - use startBackgroundProgress() to display the message, loop forever until User closes it or uses the same Esc (or whatever) Cancel key as your "wake up"?: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/general_ui/background_progress/start

I said: ... the script can hopefully maintain all necessary data to be restored into the Dialog controls when the Dialog is re-Executed.

Actually, this "restoring" should not be necessary if the relevant data have not changed: The Dialog is Closed (and Hidden), but still exists - so its controls maintain their values.  Maybe that will speed things up a bit.

Happy coding!

P.

dsa
    dsa
    HideRestore_ModalDialog_v2.dsa
    Post edited by Praxis on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,051

I don't know how much I can thank you Praxis, after a few trials and mistakes, I now manage to close Daz Studio without having it hanging in the task manager, which was a real issue, because forcing it to stop made me lost all the keyboard shorcuts... twice :(....

And of course I now manage to swap easily between normal interface and pose master interface. The only thing is that when I come back to the interface, I have to check what figure is now selected (people can change of figure), if it is a new figure, I must check if it is a compatible figure, and if it is the case I have to change the "reference nulls" for helpers location (for this I have to save then zero its pose and then reapply it), then remember which helper is connected or not (so that I restore the connected not connected state after the new disconnection), disconnect all the helpers (otherwise when I load the new bones rotations values in the interface, they automatically plug hands and feet to helpers). Then I will load all the values of all the bones, recalulate the helpers location % hands and feet, and probably other stuff that I have not seen yet concerning eye axis.... Of course there are also things that I'm not forced to restore, such as all the choices and options the user had at the time the script was "hidden", but for the rest, since I cannot anticipate what the user will do with its bones figures and helpers, I think I'm gonna reload everything concerning the selected figure to update properly the interface, it will be safer.

For the user information, I finally decided to use a messageBox too. The non modal dialog option is too risky (one never knows when there can be issue), and the appShowURL was a pain when using it (I hate big windows poping up in front of my eyes when I click a button), I prefer a small message box....

But thank you, thank you HUGE thank you for that.

I'm gonna work on this project of update regurarly now, a bit everyday (because I must go on with other updates and new projects too), and when ready, I'll come here to say when the update is submitted... But I'll be super happy if this option is made available, and the whole community of users will also owe you a big thank you because it is really a great feature, with a super elegant solution (I recognize I would not have though solving the problem using this approach)....

I'm glad it helped.  Looking forward to more super-useful utilities from you!

P.

... The non modal dialog option is too risky ...

Just to make sure you are aware of it:  This product works in a similar way, and appears to use a non-modal dialog (with an optional shortcut key): https://www.daz3d.com/pose-fusion-plus-for-genesis-to-genesis-8

Good news, it means QA is really ok with this!

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 373

Just purchased this product and have been trying it out. I have to say I find it very cumbersome.

Firstly, it won't use a user-created camera, always uses perspective view (unless I'm missing something). And you can't move the camera as you're posing. So it's not useful at all for fine positioning in relation to other objects.

It also grossly distorts the upper arms when moving the hands around. 

It's also very laggy (I'm on a octo core machine with 32gb ram), even after going through the steps in the "Laggy" drop down.

I was really hoping this would help me pose hands mainly, without causing the torso to move along with them. But I guess it's not to be. Unless someone can provide some insight, I'll be asking for a refund.

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 521
    edited October 2020
    Steel Rat said:

Just purchased this product and have been trying it out. I have to say I find it very cumbersome.

Firstly, it won't use a user-created camera, always uses perspective view (unless I'm missing something). And you can't move the camera as you're posing. So it's not useful at all for fine positioning in relation to other objects.

It's also very laggy (I'm on a octo core machine with 32gb ram), even after going through the steps in the "Laggy" drop down.

I was really hoping this would help me pose hands mainly, without causing the torso to move along with them. But I guess it's not to be. Unless someone can provide some insight, I'll be asking for a refund.

You can select the camera you want to work with in the dialog! And even can orbit around specific bones of your selected figure!

Maybe you can practice working with all the controls and options in an empty scene, so only a single unclothed figure? When you found your way around work on a complete scene.

UltimatePoseMasterCamera.png
    596 x 228 - 15K
    Post edited by markusmatern on
    edited October 2020
    Steel Rat said:

You can select the camera you want to work with in the dialog! And even can orbit around specific bones of your selected figure!

Maybe you can practice working with all the controls and options in an empty scene, so only a single unclothed figure? When you found your way around work on a complete scene.

Indeed you can change the camera in the menu shown here above. For the laggy side, avoid being in Nvidia Iray preview, use the menu options "Laggy?" to hide everything not necessary in your scene. If you have a high subd level for the figure, things can be more laggy. My computer is 7 years old now, and when used properly (in general I hide props and other figures and remain in default resolution), I have no lag issues. What can also be interpreted as lags are some "jumps" from one solution to another solution (because there are several solutions which can drive you to a given hand or feet location, and the script tries to converge to the closest one), otherwise I have no special issues. The feedbacks I had were super happy about posing efficiency.

I'm still working on the update where you can move the helpers directly in Daz Studio interface (the script interface being invisible) and the arms/legs will follow. It seem more "fluid" than in the script interface for now. It works basically (moving the helpers allows to place the hands and feet while posing only arms and legs), but I struggle to have the pelvis, hip, figure and trunk options working in the main Daz Studio interface.

edit: for the upper arm, once the hand is where you want, simply change collar and shoulder parameters in the script interface. The hand will remain where it is, and the upper arm will adjust to your new settings, jumping from the previous solution to the new solutions you try to reach when you dial the upper arm sliders.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Thanks for the replies folks.

I did find the camera controls after posting. But they're not perfect. I'll position the perspective camera where I want it, framing the hand or whatever body part. But when I start the Ultimate Pose interface, and touch any of the camera controls in there, the camera immediately jumps off center, so the subject is no longer framed properly. Doesn't matter if I close the interface, re-position, then re-open, the same thing happens, very frustrating.

Hopefully you're working on better controls for the camera, more like a gimbal interface, and the ability to move the camera on x/y/z axes.

I don't have problems with the upper arms/shoulders in an empty scene with one figure. But, that's not when I need it, lol. I'll try adjusting the collar/shoulder when that happens to see if it helps.

Another thing I'm seeing, the helpers don't go away when you close the interface, and they appear in renders. I have to manually delete them all.

I'm still not sure what the purpose of the helpers is anyway, since you can't drag them. They don't seem to serve any useful purpose.

Anyway, I'm getting more out of it, so thanks!

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited October 2020
    Steel Rat said:

I did find the camera controls after posting. But they're not perfect. I'll position the perspective camera where I want it, framing the hand or whatever body part. But when I start the Ultimate Pose interface, and touch any of the camera controls in there, the camera immediately jumps off center, so the subject is no longer framed properly. Doesn't matter if I close the interface, re-position, then re-open, the same thing happens, very frustrating.

Hopefully you're working on better controls for the camera, more like a gimbal interface, and the ability to move the camera on x/y/z axes.

I don't have problems with the upper arms/shoulders in an empty scene with one figure. But, that's not when I need it, lol. I'll try adjusting the collar/shoulder when that happens to see if it helps.

Another thing I'm seeing, the helpers don't go away when you close the interface, and they appear in renders. I have to manually delete them all.

I'm still not sure what the purpose of the helpers is anyway, since you can't drag them. They don't seem to serve any useful purpose.

The helpers are the main tool I use and they're very powerful. 

Once the helpers are on the limbs, you can close the script and then move the helpers where you want the limbs to go. So if you need the character's arm at their side, but it's currently on their shoulder, you can drag the hand helper where you want the hand to be. Then start the script again, tell it that no you don't want to move the hands back onto the helper, and then once the script starts, in the actual control panel for the limb you're working with, choose "move hand to helper." The hand will move to where the helper is and the limb will follow it as though the character had actually put their hand down to their side.

I've never had problems moving them around the scene like any object, unless you meant you can't drag them to move the limbs. But what they do is basically a solution for the fact that we can't just do that in DS (at least not yet).  

Post edited by plasma_ring on

I've never had problems moving them around the scene like any object, unless you meant you can't drag them to move the limbs.

Yes, that's what I meant. I didn't realize that's how they worked. It would be nice if they didn't render though. 

I wonder if there are plans to include more pose controls for the hands, so all fingers can be bent at once, instead of one digit at a time (unless it's in there somewhere and I'm just not seeing it. There's a lot of stuff crammed into the interface).

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 521
    edited October 2020
    Steel Rat said:

Yes, that's what I meant. I didn't realize that's how they worked. It would be nice if they didn't render though. 

You can set the helper's visibility to "Visible in Render" -> Off
    You only have to do this the first time you use the script on a figure! Subsequent calls of the script don't change their render visibility.

Steel Rat said:

I wonder if there are plans to include more pose controls for the hands, so all fingers can be bent at once, instead of one digit at a time (unless it's in there somewhere and I'm just not seeing it. There's a lot of stuff crammed into the interface).

There are some predefined hand poses available from the interface pane for the arms: Load Fingers Poses

HelperVisibilityOff.jpg
    869 x 686 - 62K
    Post edited by markusmatern on

You only have to do this the first time you use the script on a figure! Subsequent calls of the script don't change their render visibility.

I know about that, but it seems like that should be automatic when launching the script.

There are some predefined hand poses available from the interface pane for the arms: Load Fingers Poses

I see those too, but that's not the same.

edited October 2020
    Steel Rat said:

I know about that, but it seems like that should be automatic when launching the script.

There are some predefined hand poses available from the interface pane for the arms: Load Fingers Poses

I can make the helpers invisible in render by default, anyway I'm working on the update where you can directly move the helpers in Daz Studio interface, (no need to have the script interface visible), so adding the invisible in render feature is not complicated. Otherwise if you want to get rid off the helpers, you have the option "Delete all additional tools and close this script" at the bottom right, in the "More" dropdown menu, in order to close the script and have the scene "clean".

For the pose controls of the hands (well of the fingers), you can use pose controls of Daz Studio before you launch the script. If I'm lucky with the update, you should be able to do it while the script is running in the background, but I am not so far in the dev, I did not check but there should be no issue.

Steel Rat said:

Once the helpers are on the limbs, you can close the script and then move the helpers where you want the limbs to go. So if you need the character's arm at their side, but it's currently on their shoulder, you can drag the hand helper where you want the hand to be. Then start the script again, tell it that no you don't want to move the hands back onto the helper, and then once the script starts, in the actual control panel for the limb you're working with, choose "move hand to helper." The hand will move to where the helper is and the limb will follow it as though the character had actually put their hand down to their side.

I've never had problems moving them around the scene like any object, unless you meant you can't drag them to move the limbs. But what they do is basically a solution for the fact that we can't just do that in DS (at least not yet).  

;) I often use them this way too.

edit: For the end, yes YOU cannot drag them in DS... Now I can, thanks to Praxis!... For now I'm still strugling because of hip, pelvis and figure transforms in DS interface automatically trigger the snap of hands and feet on their helpers, even if you set the options so that it is not the case (for instance no way to have the helpers following hands or the hands ignoring helpers if I translate the figure). Around one week I'm turning this issue in all the ways I can, still cannot find which function are triggered that should not be in this case, or how to avoid them to be triggered. This is much harder to handle than in the script interface where I know exactly what was moved, here everything can move at any time... headbang issue, I'll have to find a workaround if I have no direct solution!

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    Steel Rat said:

I can make the helpers invisible in render by default, anyway I'm working on the update where you can directly move the helpers in Daz Studio interface, (no need to have the script interface visible), so adding the invisible in render feature is not complicated. Otherwise if you want to get rid off the helpers, you have the option "Delete all additional tools and close this script" at the bottom right, in the "More" dropdown menu, in order to close the script and have the scene "clean".

For the pose controls of the hands (well of the fingers), you can use pose controls of Daz Studio before you launch the script. If I'm lucky with the update, you should be able to do it while the script is running in the background, but I am not so far in the dev, I did not check but there should be no issue.

Steel Rat said:

edit: For the end, yes YOU cannot drag them in DS... Now I can, thanks to Praxis!... For now I'm still strugling because of hip, pelvis and figure transforms in DS interface automatically trigger the snap of hands and feet on their helpers, even if you set the options so that it is not the case (for instance no way to have the helpers following hands or the hands ignoring helpers if I translate the figure). Around one week I'm turning this issue in all the ways I can, still cannot find which function are triggered that should not be in this case, or how to avoid them to be triggered. This is much harder to handle than in the script interface where I know exactly what was moved, here everything can move at any time... headbang issue, I'll have to find a workaround if I have no direct solution!

Ohhh this is super interesting, and I'm very happy to hear about the possibility of interacting with the scene directly while the script is running! I'm always amazed at how you and other addon creators can expand the program so much; the way I use DS has entirely changed since I started prioritizing tools and I'm at a point now where I can better judge what will improve my workflow and what's still over my head. laugh Thank you for all your hard work!

Steel Rat said:

Steel Rat said:

Ohhh this is super interesting, and I'm very happy to hear about the possibility of interacting with the scene directly while the script is running! I'm always amazed at how you and other addon creators can expand the program so much; the way I use DS has entirely changed since I started prioritizing tools and I'm at a point now where I can better judge what will improve my workflow and what's still over my head. laugh Thank you for all your hard work!

Thank you! It's so cool to have the helpers working directly in the DS interface indeed. Yet many problems remain to be solved. First this story of how helpers behave when the figure hip or pelvis transform, then how the "undo" are handled. Because for now I have a global "undo" between the moment you open and close the script, but when you are in the DS interface it can become cahotic and I managed to have crashes, but I did not find the reasons why so far... So this is super promising but this is not ready at all.

Thanks V3Digitimes,

I'm getting a lot more out of the product, thanks to your help and the others in this thread.

Is this the right place to pose questions about the product?

Steel Rat said:

Thanks V3Digitimes,

I'm getting a lot more out of the product, thanks to your help and the others in this thread.

Is this the right place to pose questions about the product?

yes, but before asking questions remember you have a full paper and video documentation. Of course you can ask questions here but during this week end I may be a bit less available. You may also have answers already written in this thread, but I think most of what was asked was features requests which were implemented in the first update.

edit: for the upper arm, once the hand is where you want, simply change collar and shoulder parameters in the script interface. The hand will remain where it is, and the upper arm will adjust to your new settings, jumping from the previous solution to the new solutions you try to reach when you dial the upper arm sliders.

This doesn't seem to work. the upper arm (shoulder) and the collar still stay distorted. The only way I could fix them was to exit the script, and apply a pose to the arm from the collar down. Changing the dials either in the script interface or the DS interface did not fix.

edited October 2020
    Steel Rat said:

This doesn't seem to work. the upper arm (shoulder) and the collar still stay distorted. The only way I could fix them was to exit the script, and apply a pose to the arm from the collar down. Changing the dials either in the script interface or the DS interface did not fix.

Yet it works most of the time. You must be in a very special configuration. What must also be understood is that the system adjust always all the paramters it can for the 3 arm bones at the same time. Sometime you are in a 'sticky solution', or a strong local minimum which is the same, and you have to drastically change all the dials of the arms to extract the arm from this local minimum, and then you can act more freely. Often if you want to change just the collar, you have to change the dials of the shoulder too because what may happen is that when you move only the collar, with the initial conditions you have in the dials for the shoulder, then the only solution so that the hand remains on the heper is a distorded collar. This is why changing the shoulder dials will allow you to have more freedom in collar adjustment (and inversely). You can go from various local minima to other local minima where for the first ones the collar is distorted and sometimes it is not. I worked a lot with the script and never saw any collar issue. Well sometimes, but I correct them immediately so even if this appears it never happened to be a problem for me. So here is the advice: change both collar AND shoulder dials. Eventually when the collar is ok for you, you can disconnect it from the helper using the dropdown menu (edit : the dropdown menu of the collar box, bellow the collar dials), and this way the hand location will be accessed using only shoulders and forearm transforms. This limits the range of available location for the hand, but you make sure the collar remains exactly how you want it.

I did adjust both the collar and shoulder dials when I was trying to fix it. I zeroed them all out, dialed them all over, still the distortion wouldn't go away until I applied a pose, which undid what I was trying to accomplish.

Steel Rat said:

I did adjust both the collar and shoulder dials when I was trying to fix it. I zeroed them all out, dialed them all over, still the distortion wouldn't go away until I applied a pose, which undid what I was trying to accomplish.

OK, I asked a few of my friends and testers and nobody reported this issue to me, so there must be something with your system/pose that creates this issue. Anyway, you are not forced to leave the script interface to solve your distortion issue (here I assume the problem is on the right arm but if it is on the left, use the left hand boxes instead):

- 1. Disconnect the right hand helper (in the "Move Right Hand Helper Box" top left box of the first tab, you have a bottom menu below the dials for the helper, click on "Choose Action", and in this dropdown menu, click on "Disconnect Hand From Helper".

-2.  use the collar, shoulders and forearm dials from the script interface so that the arm has approximately the pose you want it to be. Since the helper is disconnected, you act as if you where posing the figure in Daz Interface while ignoring the helper. When disconnected, the arms bones rotation dials are NOT in a retroaction loop with the helper position, they ignore it.

-3. in the first menu I mention here, where you see now "Disconnect Hand From Helper", now choose "Move helper to hand", then "Reconnect hand to helper". (you simply click on this menu and all the options appear)

- 4. Once done, if you want to keep the collar as it is, go in the "Adjust Collar" box, and in the bottom menu, below the dials, choose "Let Collar Properties Free". The script will now adjust only the forearm and shoulder to reach the helper location and YOU can dial the collar dial, and only you, the script will not act on it. If the helper location can be reached using only shoulder and forearm, then the job is done. If it cannot be reached with the current collar properties, you can dial the collar properties so that the collar rotations will help the rest of the arm to reach their goal, in the script; and then change a bit either a shoulder dial or the helper location dial to trigger a new calculation for the shoulder and forearm bones.

This way you have a way to use the helper so that shoulder and forearm bones are calculated, WHILE YOU AND ONLY YOU control the collar. Remark that you can do it as soon as you launch the script, meaning that you launch the script and immediately in the Adjust Collar boxes dropdown menus (below the collar dials) you choose "Let Collar Properties free". This way you always control the collar while the script calculates for your collar settings the best solutions for the rest of the arms bones so that the hand follows the helper.

Finally can you send me the pose (post the duf here) which causes you so much issues so that I can see if there is something specific on it that you justify that you are annoyed by collar disortions? Because maybe this is simply that the hand helper is at a location where only a strongly rotated collar will allow the hand to be placed here, which woud explain everything, or maybe this is not the case and I might be able to test and to find out what specificity can cause this issue for you.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353
    edited November 2020

Hi. I have just bought Pose Master but although it works on some characters, most fail as the initial script loads with "An error occurred while reading the file, see log file for more details."

This happens even when an official G8 character (eg Honni 8) is the only thing loaded onto a blank scene. 

The log file is filled with lines like this; 

2020-11-07 16:12:11.142 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyelidsUpperUp-Down.dsf#eCTRLEyelidsUpperUp-Down?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Valery3D/V%20100%20Expressions%20The%20Gold%20Collection/VGC%20Cute%2004%20Top.dsf

Is there perhaps an issue with the fact that my Daz app (including default G8 and other required basics) is on C drive but all other Daz content is on the D drive?

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks.

Post edited by JamieM on
    edited November 2020
    JamieM said:

Hi. I have just bought Pose Master but although it works on some characters, most fail as the initial script loads with "An error occurred while reading the file, see log file for more details."

This happens even when an official G8 character (eg Honni 8) is the only thing loaded onto a blank scene. 

The log file is filled with lines like this; 

2020-11-07 16:12:11.142 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyelidsUpperUp-Down.dsf#eCTRLEyelidsUpperUp-Down?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Valery3D/V%20100%20Expressions%20The%20Gold%20Collection/VGC%20Cute%2004%20Top.dsf

Is there perhaps an issue with the fact that my Daz app (including default G8 and other required basics) is on C drive but all other Daz content is on the D drive?

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks.

Wow this is weird because my script never reads the morphs, and here your log file mentions morph issues, and there is no reason that this is triggered by my script, it seems to come from your morphs, for which something must be corrupted.

One thing is that when it is launched, the script saves an initial pose when you launch it, zeroes the figure, and reload the pose, and maybe this is at this step that some morphs could eventually be called by Daz. This step is obligatory to place the helpers. The only moment where an expression value can be written/read is this moment. But as you see in the log file, this comes from the sdk source so the bug is not in some lines of my script, but the apparition of this issue is triggered by my script.

Here in your case, from your log file, it seems that the "100 expression Gold Collection" (I suppose reading what you wrote) of expression is corrupted, maybe can you try to uninstall that product, just to see if it makes a difference... Normally it has nothing to do with your content being on D whereas your app is on C, this should not matter. But something is corrupeted in your content, so we have to find out what it is. The best thing is to uninstall this morph package first (you can always re-install later on), and to find out if it is the only cause of your issues.

1. Can you post me the log file (if too big, send me only the corresponding part, with some lines before and after the fact that the script does not launch)?

2. In the "work" folder of Daz Studio (where the log file is), you have a "temp\V3D\Pose Tools" folder where you can find the initial pose. Can you try just to reload this pose (drag and drop it on a figure) to see if it comes from the step where the script loads the pose?

I think we'll find a solution but we need to make more tests and I need more information, essentially the log file first.

edit: It seems that some people already met your "formula" property, and that this is not a warning, which should not imply any issue. Such as in this thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/438862/problem-with-daz-pro-characters-and-expression-morph-errors

This is why I'd like to see your log file, so that I can have a look at what is the reasons for your fails on some of your figures. Because if there is an error coming from the script, there should be an indication in the log file saying in which line of my script there is an issue for your system configuration. I and many people have been using the script for more that one year now, so I guess there has been hundreds of thousands if not millions of launch of the script, and this is the first time someone reports a launch failure, so it is very interesting for me to know what can trigger this, even more interesting because some figures seem to work for you and others not (whereas my script ignores which figure it works on, it just looks at the names of the bones, which is the same for everybody)... Otherwise, make sure your content is up to date...

I'm really expecting your log file.

EDIT 2:

The pose master comes with a mini debug in the log file showing the initial essential step for interface creation. Here is what I have in my log when it works:

2020-11-07 21:15:07.577 Loading script: G:/DAZ 3D Libraries/DazCloudProducts/data/cloud/1_62917/scripts/ultimate pose master/ultimate pose master.dse
    2020-11-07 21:15:07.600 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Check figure type
    2020-11-07 21:15:07.657 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Initialize Dialog
    2020-11-07 21:15:07.663 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Set Up Limits
    2020-11-07 21:15:08.846 Saved image: C:\Users\Virginie\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\V3D\Pose Tools\\InitialPose.png
    2020-11-07 21:15:08.860 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Loading Helpers
    2020-11-07 21:15:08.861 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Zero Figure Pose
    2020-11-07 21:15:09.006 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Restore Original Pose

2020-11-07 21:15:11.991 File loaded in 0 min 2.8 sec.
    2020-11-07 21:15:11.992 Loaded file: InitialPose.duf

And here is what I have when I make it on purpose not to select a figure (to trigger an error):

2020-11-07 21:16:05.165 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Check figure type
    2020-11-07 21:16:06.163 WARNING: Script Error: Line 10411

2020-11-07 21:16:06.163 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oInitialNode' [null] is not an object.

Allowing me to read where the error is.

This is why I need this log file....

Thanks so much for your fast response. It's late in the U.K. now but I'll follow these steps tomorrow and get back to you. 

edited November 2020

JamieM said:

Thanks so much for your fast response. It's late in the U.K. now but I'll follow these steps tomorrow and get back to you. 

Fine because it's late in France too :)

What is important for me is to see if the steps in the log file:

2020-11-07 21:15:07.577 Loading script: G:/DAZ 3D Libraries/DazCloudProducts/data/cloud/1_62917/scripts/ultimate pose master/ultimate pose master.dse
    2020-11-07 21:15:07.600 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Check figure type
    2020-11-07 21:15:07.657 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Initialize Dialog
    2020-11-07 21:15:07.663 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Set Up Limits
    2020-11-07 21:15:08.846 Saved image: C:\Users\Virginie\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\V3D\Pose Tools\\InitialPose.png
    2020-11-07 21:15:08.860 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Loading Helpers
    2020-11-07 21:15:08.861 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Zero Figure Pose
    2020-11-07 21:15:09.006 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Restore Original Pose

2020-11-07 21:15:11.991 File loaded in 0 min 2.8 sec.
    2020-11-07 21:15:11.992 Loaded file: InitialPose.duf

are made or not. And to see a bit what's around these steps.

One issue could exist if the temp folder of Daz Studio does not exist but it would be very surprising.

Having a part of the log file will help me a lot, and for this you have to look for "V3DPose Tool" in your log file to see what the latest inputs say. Or to compare what it says between a case of figure where it works or not. Furthermore when I'll have the path to your temp (using this log file) I'll be able to ask you one more test, consisting in applying the "initialPose.duf" pose relying in this log file outside the scope of the script. But the coolest thing would be to be able to read the exact line in the script where there is an issue because it's the main element to be able where the issue is.

BTW it is super important to make sure that your figure and only your figure is selected when you launch the script. But I remember that if it is not the case normally you have a message box telling you that... Make also sure that your "Genesis 8 Starter Essential" is well installed and up to date.

Finally, I just bought the "100" expression set you showed in the log text, then tested the script on Honni 8 that I installed on my E:, whereas Daz Studio is on my C:, and the G8 base female is on my external G:, and some of the morphs I used are on my F: (I'm organized but I lack of room on my computer!)... And it works as expected, no error message. So... Let's wait for the log file!

Ok – Once again thanks so much for your help.

I have discovered that the problem actually starts when I load a G8 figure. The figure loads fine and no error messages show – but when I check the log file I see a massive pile of fails – literally thousands!  See LOG (A) below.

When I try to load PoseMaster it fails to load and the Log shows an error in script execution – See LOG (B)

So it seems that, as you suspected, the main issue is with the failure to load morphs – not mainly with Pose Master itself.

I’ve no idea what is actually wrong or how to correct it. I have tried uninstalling the 100 Gold expressions – but this doesn’t help. I wonder if all poses are somehow corrupted.

LOG (A)

Excerpts – (I have edited out thousands of entries)

2020-11-08 09:47:36.658 *** Scene Cleared ***

2020-11-08 09:47:42.081 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(9005): Could not find reference: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z%20Hurt%20and%20Injured%20Expressions/Z%20HI%20Yelping.dsf#Z%20HI%20Yelping?value

2020-11-08 09:47:42.081 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1552): Failed to create alias!

2020-11-08 09:47:42.081 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(9005): Could not find reference: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z%20Hurt%20and%20Injured%20Expressions/Z%20HI%20Wounded.dsf#Z%20HI%20Wounded?value

(Edit) …

2020-11-08 09:47:42.133 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Correctives/pJCMCollarUp_55_R.dsf#pJCMCollarUp_55_R?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Aging%20Morphs%208/NeckDetail4RCollarUp.dsf

2020-11-08 09:47:42.134 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Correctives/pJCMCollarUp_55_L.dsf#pJCMCollarUp_55_L?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Aging%20Morphs%208/NeckDetail4LCollarUp.dsf

2020-11-08 09:47:42.134 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Correctives/pJCMCollarUp_55_R.dsf#pJCMCollarUp_55_R?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Aging%20Morphs%208/NeckDetail3RCollarUp.dsf

(Edit)

2020-11-08 09:47:44.642 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyesClosedR.dsf#ECTRLEyesClosedR?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Teen%20Jane%208/eJCMTeenJane8_EyesClosedR.dsf

2020-11-08 09:47:44.642 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyesClosedL.dsf#ECTRLEyesClosedL?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Teen%20Jane%208/eJCMTeenJane8_EyesClosedL.dsf

(Edit)

2020-11-08 09:53:57.724 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyelidsUpperUp-Down.dsf#eCTRLEyelidsUpperUp-Down?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Valery3D/V%20100%20Expressions%20The%20Gold%20Collection/VGC%20Distrust%2005%20Top.dsf

2020-11-08 09:53:57.724 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyelidsLowerUpDown.dsf#ECTRLEyelidsLowerUpDown?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Valery3D/V%20100%20Expressions%20The%20Gold%20Collection/VGC%20Distrust%2005%20Top.dsf

(Edit)

2020-11-08 09:53:58.658 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLLipsPart.dsf#eCTRLLipsPart?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Gustef/101%20EL/G%20101%20EL%20Mouth%20Smile%20D.dsf

2020-11-08 09:53:58.658 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLMouthSmileSimple.dsf#eCTRLMouthSmileSimple?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Gustef/101%20EL/G%20101%20EL%20Mouth%20Smile%20C.dsf

Edit

2020-11-08 09:54:00.400 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLMouthOpen.dsf#eCTRLMouthOpen?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Cris%20Palomino/Ebil%20Baby%20for%20Genesis%208%20Female/eCTRL_Disgusted.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:00.401 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6615): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyelidsLowerUpDownL.dsf#ECTRLEyelidsLowerUpDownL?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Cris%20Palomino/Ebil%20Baby%20for%20Genesis%208%20Female/eCTRL_AngryBrows.dsf

Edit

2020-11-08 09:54:00.930 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLEyesClosedL.dsf#ECTRLEyesClosedL?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Crocodile/Ruo%20Xi/eCTRLRuoXiEyesClosedL.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:00.930 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLMouthSmileSimpleR.dsf#eCTRLMouthSmileSimpleR?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Crocodile/Ruo%20Xi/eCTRLMouthRuoXiSmileSimpleR.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:00.930 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6681): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLMouthSmileSimpleL.dsf#eCTRLMouthSmileSimpleL?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Crocodile/Ruo%20Xi/eCTRLMouthRuoXiSmileSimpleL.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:00.943 Begin Loading Character Addons...

2020-11-08 09:54:01.031 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.032 Loaded file: Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes.duf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.035 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.036 Loaded file: PHMMouthRealism_HD_Div2.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.037 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.038 Loaded file: MCMHonni8_Navel_HDLv4.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.049 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.050 Loaded file: FHMHonni8.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.061 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.063 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.063 Loaded file: MCMHonni8_Navel_HDLv4_proj.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.064 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.064 Loaded file: PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.065 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.065 Loaded file: PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.066 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.066 Loaded file: PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.067 Loaded file: FBMHonni8.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.067 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.069 Loaded file: PBMNavel.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.079 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.079 Loaded file: FHMHonni8.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.080 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.081 Loaded file: PHMEyelashesExpand.dsf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.492 File loaded in 0 min 0.3 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.494 Loaded file: Honni8AllMaps.duf

2020-11-08 09:54:01.499 Finished Loading Character Addons

2020-11-08 09:54:01.518 File loaded in 0 min 9.9 sec.

2020-11-08 09:54:01.518 Loaded file: honni 8.duf

2020-11-08 09:54:02.269 Loaded image Honni8LegsD_1003.jpg

2020-11-08 09:54:02.334 Loaded image Honni8Eyes02D_1006.jpg

2020-11-08 09:54:02.592 Loaded image Honni8ArmsD_1004.jpg

2020-11-08 09:54:02.659 Loaded image Honni8MouthD_1005.jpg

2020-11-08 09:54:02.933 Loaded image Honni8FaceD01_1001.jpg

2020-11-08 09:54:03.176 Loaded image Honni8TorsoD_1002.jpg

2020-11-08 09:54:03.205 Loaded image Honni8Eyelashes.jpg

LOG (B)

2020-11-08 10:00:31.086 Loading script: D:/Daz 3D/Studio/DazContentDriveD/scripts/ultimate pose master/ultimate pose master.dse

2020-11-08 10:00:31.107 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Check figure type

2020-11-08 10:00:31.147 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Initialize Dialog

2020-11-08 10:00:31.152 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Set Up Limits

2020-11-08 10:00:32.112 Saved image: C:\Users\jimsc\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\V3D\Pose Tools\\InitialPose.png

2020-11-08 10:00:32.118 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Loading Helpers

2020-11-08 10:00:32.224 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 10:00:32.226 Loaded file: Right Foot V3DPose Helper.duf

2020-11-08 10:00:32.487 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 10:00:32.490 Loaded file: Left Foot V3DPose Helper.duf

2020-11-08 10:00:32.736 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 10:00:32.737 Loaded file: Right Hand V3DPose Helper.duf

2020-11-08 10:00:32.990 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 10:00:32.992 Loaded file: Left Hand V3DPose Helper.duf

2020-11-08 10:00:33.097 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Zero Figure Pose

2020-11-08 10:00:33.204 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Restore Original Pose

2020-11-08 10:00:33.415 File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.

2020-11-08 10:00:33.419 Loaded file: InitialPose.duf

2020-11-08 10:00:33.552 DEBUG: V3DPose Tool: Checking Helpers

2020-11-08 10:00:33.579 WARNING: Script Error: Line 976

2020-11-08 10:00:33.579 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oProperty' [null] is not an object.

2020-11-08 10:00:33.579 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@D:/Daz 3D/Studio/DazContentDriveD/scripts/ultimate pose master/ultimate pose master.dse:976

2020-11-08 10:00:33.650 Error in script execution: D:/Daz 3D/Studio/DazContentDriveD/scripts/ultimate pose master/ultimate pose master.dse

edited November 2020

Thanks the end is interesting, I'm gonna have a look at what is this famous oProperty line 976....

edited November 2020

Humm?? The property missing it the twist of the Rshoulder... That's absolutely impossible, if you work with a clean Genesis 8 figure that this bone does not exist. I mean it is the rigging of the figure, it never changes. Can you send me your MP with your e-mail adress, so that I can send to you a version of the script with more debbugging tools, which will write more additional information in the log file.

What you can do is: On your figure, select the right shoulder (named right shoulder bend, don't confuse with the collar ok?) of your figure, then in the "Parameters" tab, find the 'twist' property (the red one- see the image I join here). On the wheel at the right of this property (at the right of the heart), click on this wheel. Have a look to the name for this property. Here I see "XRotate2" and this is the same for absolutely all the G3 and G8 figures. This is what my script cannot find on your figure. Here is what you should see.

The script is very simple at this stage, it finds the bone named "Right Shoulder Bend", and for this bone, it finds the property called "XRotate2". Here the script cannot find this property. If it cannot find it, there is, normally, a problem somewhere in the figure you work with, meaning that a bone might have been renamed, or the property might have been renamed. That is what we must find out.... Before this, the script found the collar bone and properties correctly, so something happens at least on the right shoulder. Maybe you accidentally renamed this bone? Or a property? Anyway from what I see from your many warnings when you load a G8 figure, and the fact that the script cannot find a property existing on ALL G3 and G8 figures, what I would do if I was you is the following this:

uninstall completely "Genesis 8 starter essentials" (using DIM, manual or connect, depending on what you used to install it). Make sure the folder is empty if you can. Then close and restart Daz Studio and re-install Genesis 8 starter essentials.

If it does not work send me a PM with your e-mail adress so that I can send to you debugging scripts allowing to see what is wrong with your figure.

rshoulder.JPG
    1743 x 912 - 190K

Right …

I cleared scene and downloaded Honni 8.

Selected “right shoulder bend” then “right shoulder twist”

Parameters show that this is called “XRotate” (NOT XRotate2) – see screen grab attached.

I’ll try the uninstall and reinstall of G8 stuff next

RightShoulderTwist.PNG
    1496 x 677 - 255K