Ultimate Pose Master [Commercial]

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,051
    edited November 2020

It is normal that for the right shoulder twist you have an XRotate. It is for the Right Shoulder Bend that you should see an XRotate2 (in the twist property of the shoulder bend, not in the shoulder twist bone).

I'm making a script allowing you to check the shoulder bones while you uninstall and reinstall your starter essential.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

I have uninstalled and reinstalled G8 Starter essentials .. and Pose Master now works!  Amazing!

The Twist parameter is still labelled  “XRotate” (not XRotate2) but the script loads and works. 

So it seems that there was some corruption in my G8 files. 

Thank you so much for diagnosing what the problem was - and your effective solution.

Tremedous customer support.

I'm very happy. It looks like a great product and I'm looking forward to using it.

edited November 2020

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy we could solve this in less than one day!yes

I don't know how it could happen to you that you lost a bone property name because they are not supposed to be easily accessible, but I'm happy for you.

The product should evolve in the future, but due to health reasons, to the update of other products, the creation of other new products, and especially the difficulty to have the update working completely and properly, all this makes this process a bit slow. I think I'll make at first a more simple but less efficient update than I initially wanted, because for now I'm clueless about the erratic behaviour of a few new features I wanted to include (the new features initiated by the possibility praxis gave me a few posts ago to work directly in DS interface)....

• "initiated by the possibility praxis gave me a few posts ago"

You really shouldn't trust Klingons.

Sorry, just a little joke!

Lol. This one can be trusted obviously!

• Hello there ! Thanks for it, it is definitely a must have. However, to let you know, since today I have a strange behavior : left hand for example is a mess, when I press it goes down, right = up, etc. Same for legs. It's very strange ! and a bit annoying.
    edited January 2021

Thanks. For the directions, it depends on how your figure is initially oriented (up/left/etc are fine for a front facing standing figure, but if your figure is laying on the ground it's different). This has been anticipated. The best thing in this case is to click on the button to have "Helper dials : Colors" for the dials (near the bottom of the inteface). Then the dials will now be called "red axis", "blue axis", "green axis", corresponding to the color of the "arrows" that you can see on the helpers. Then handling them is much more intuitive.

What do you mean by "since today"? Does what I propose solves your issue? 

edited January 2021

BY THE WAY, Pose Master will be updated to support 8.1 figures. For now, it does, but with warnings:  if you select the figure, you will have a warning message, and no interface BUT you can have it working if, instead a selecting your figure, you select a BONE of your figure. You may still have the warning (or not), but the pose master will work (not entirely tested yet, but everything tested so far is fine). One thing that might not work is that the limits of the bones of the faces are not automatically on, I won't enter in the details, but it seems that settings limits to off in Daz Studio should avoid 'over expressions' due to the usage of G8 expressions on 8.1 and using pose Master. DETAILS are at the end of the very first post of this thread.

In brief, while you wait for the update, to have pose master working on G8.1, select a bone of the figure instead of the entire figure, and make that either you don't use expressions 'above the limits', or that bones limits are off when you launch the script.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

V3Digitimes said:

BY THE WAY, Pose Master will be updated to support 8.1 figures. For now, it does, but with warnings:  if you select the figure, you will have a warning message, and no interface BUT you can have it working if, instead a selecting your figure, you select a BONE of your figure. You may still have the warning (or not), but the pose master will work (not entirely tested yet, but everything tested so far is fine). One thing that might not work is that the limits of the bones of the faces are not automatically on, I won't enter in the details, but it seems that settings limits to off in Daz Studio should avoid 'over expressions' due to the usage of G8 expressions on 8.1 and using pose Master. DETAILS are at the end of the very first post of this thread.

In brief, while you wait for the update, to have pose master working on G8.1, select a bone of the figure instead of the entire figure, and make that either you don't use expressions 'above the limits', or that bones limits are off when you launch the script.

Thank you very much! :D 

Going on with Pose Master update for Genesis 8.1.

If anybody noticed something not working properly when using it on Genesis 8.1, it would be great for me to know, because so far, except a face bones limits issue in specific cases (solved, to be confirmed), I did not notice any issue. So it would be good to know before I submit the update.

Now one bad and good news:

- bad news: The update concerning the possibility to use the helpers without the interface (sleeping hidden interface) is for now delayed, it "works" but can (does!) lead to crashes, and there is an obvious "undo" issue I cannot solve so far. I do not give up, but so far, no way to know why crashes occur. This is why this specific update is delayed.

- good news: The next update (to include Genesis 8.1) is almost done, and will concern only Genesis 8.1 integration AND a faster launch of the script. I worked on the fact that the saving/loading of the pose while initializing the script costs us at least 90% of the launch time. I managed to change the initial steps to be able to constraint "more optimally" what needs to be saved, and now this is almost done. The launch is now faster.

So this was a message to let you know the update is "almost over", and to ask you if you "saw something specific" which required modifications when using it with 8.1.

• JeremionJeremion Posts: 46

Thanks, can't wait to have the update :)

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

V3Digitimes said:

Going on with Pose Master update for Genesis 8.1.

If anybody noticed something not working properly when using it on Genesis 8.1, it would be great for me to know, because so far, except a face bones limits issue in specific cases (solved, to be confirmed), I did not notice any issue. So it would be good to know before I submit the update.

Now one bad and good news:

- bad news: The update concerning the possibility to use the helpers without the interface (sleeping hidden interface) is for now delayed, it "works" but can (does!) lead to crashes, and there is an obvious "undo" issue I cannot solve so far. I do not give up, but so far, no way to know why crashes occur. This is why this specific update is delayed.

- good news: The next update (to include Genesis 8.1) is almost done, and will concern only Genesis 8.1 integration AND a faster launch of the script. I worked on the fact that the saving/loading of the pose while initializing the script costs us at least 90% of the launch time. I managed to change the initial steps to be able to constraint "more optimally" what needs to be saved, and now this is almost done. The launch is now faster.

So this was a message to let you know the update is "almost over", and to ask you if you "saw something specific" which required modifications when using it with 8.1.

Thank you for the continued support you give your products and the excellent communication. It's one of the reasons I always buy whatever you release!

Thanks a lot to both of you! Today I must finish the correction of the eyes automatic "look at what you want" rotation in the head/eyes tab, which do not work of course if an eye pose control is initially applied. I think this should be the last patch. Then I'll have to update the documentation and test, test and test again.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,929
    edited March 2021

V3Digitimes said:

Thanks a lot to both of you! Today I must finish the correction of the eyes automatic "look at what you want" rotation in the head/eyes tab, which do not work of course if an eye pose control is initially applied. I think this should be the last patch. Then I'll have to update the documentation and test, test and test again.

Just purchased this, I can't wait for the update!

Also, the best way I found to combat the wretched lag is to simply un-fit or delete everything and just use the scene as a posing session while saving your desired/finished poses as a puppeteer pre-set, that way you can apply each pose much quicker than just loading the pose from your library.

NOTE: If you have custom dialed/morphed characters, you must select Lock>Lock selected Node(s) to shape otherwise you'll overwrite your preset morphs with the ones stored within puppeteer.

Post edited by takezo_3001 on

Yes, lags depend on the maching you have, on the scene, and on how many morphs you have for your figure too. My final test machine is a super old laptop (like almost 10 years old), where only the main figures (Genesis 3, 8, 8.1 base) are installed. And there is not a single lag - NEVER (well except if I use Iray preview mode, but everything lags in this case). I think it's because of the absence of morphs packs and so on. On my "half age" computer, supposed much better, I have lags if I don't  change the convergence presets for hands and feet and/or if I don't use some of the "laggy?" steps options, but this specific computer is full of morphs packages. And on my "super new" computer, no lag, but only a part of my morphs are reinstalled.

For the update, just a few more days before I submit it, we saw that there was a problem for Genesis 8.1 for the "Automatic Eyes Rotation" to a target. I'm solving this. More precisely I think I solved this, but I prefer having more tests now than having "an update of the update" to make just a few days after the update is released.

In the meantime, simply select a bone of your Genesis 8.1 figures (and not the main figure) to use the script, the script may complain at start (or not), but it will work (well, except for the eyes poses).

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 126

Is it possible, if not too late for the new update, for the hand/feet helpers to load with 'Visible in Render' and 'Visible in Simulation' settings set to 'off' by default?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Mart1n71 said:

Is it possible, if not too late for the new update, for the hand/feet helpers to load with 'Visible in Render' and 'Visible in Simulation' settings set to 'off' by default?

Yes, please!!! 

edited March 2021

Lol. Yes this is possible. I was finishing with the rework of the leg algorithm anyway. At least I can set them visible in render OFF. For simulation, I have to find how it can be done, and how to set this up.

edit: this is DONE. Now, by defaut the helpers are automatically invisible in simulation. For "Invisible in render", this is also the case (invisible) EXCEPT if you start with NVIDIA Iray as the viewport (because otherwise you could not see your helpers if you decide to stay in this preview mode).

If you want them invisible even when you launched the script with NIVIDA Iray preview style, you have to solutions: close, choose something else than NVIDIA Iray, and relaunch, OR keep the script opened, and in the "General Options" tab, you have the "Show Hide All Helpers...." box, in which you have the menu "Choose Action (Visibility)", and in this dropdown menu, the 2 last choices allow you to hide all helpers in render or show all helpers in render.

• veenveen Posts: 132

do we get an update for our product?

Yes, my beta tester is finishing the tests of the update on her side (my own tests are "done"), so the submission is for tomorrow or monday! In the meantime, you know you can use it anyway on Genesis 8.1 (by selecting a bone of G8.1 instead of selecting the figure itself). You won't benefit the other improvement of the updates, but this will work anyway.

V3Digitimes said:

Yes, my beta tester is finishing the tests of the update on her side (my own tests are "done"), so the submission is for tomorrow or monday! In the meantime, you know you can use it anyway on Genesis 8.1 (by selecting a bone of G8.1 instead of selecting the figure itself). You won't benefit the other improvement of the updates, but this will work anyway.

Thank you for your helpfull and quick response.

edited March 2021

You're welcome :)

edit: here is a summary of the update which is about to be submitted:

The update from the original 1.1 to the 1.3 version includes or changes:

• the compatibility with Genesis 8.1 was added, considering the resolution of Genesis 8.1 begin higher, it is a good idea to lower the figure resolution (to 1 preview – 2 render for instance), either before launching the script, or using the “Laggy?” menu, “step 3”.
    • the improvement of the launch duration of the script was obtained by restricting to the minimum what is saved in the initial pose and reloaded after the pose tools are created
    • you keep your initial camera view when you launch the script (previously the view was automatically switched to perspective view).
    • Concerning automatic eyes placement, now when this is processed, (by changing the target for the eye once automatic mode is activate), the main eyes pose controls (up-down / side-side) are first zeroed before the calculations occur. This was necessary for a better control of Genesis 8.1 eyes.
    • The convergence settings are now by default set to medium (a bit faster but a bit less precise convergence), and “medium” configuration was adjusted consequently. You can change this in one click in the first tab, where you can access 3 convergence settings buttons (precise, medium, fast). You can also set up precisely what you want in term of distance and maximum iterations in the “General Options” tab. This change is due to the fact that Genesis 8.1 figures use a higher resolution, making the calculations slower, and to the fact that most people won’t read the documentation telling them it is better to set up figures to a “normal” resolution when using the script.
    • The leg convergence process was adjusted so that it is now faster. It still requires more iterations than the arms, but is now faster than it used to be in the previous versions.
    • The helpers are now set invisible in simulation as soon as you launch this script. The helpers are now automatically set invisible in render, except if you launch the script with NVIDIA Iray as the viewport Drawstyle (but all other Drawstyles, “Cartoon”, “Texture Shaded”, etc, etc will correspond to the use of “invisible in render” helpers). You can change at any time the render visibility of the helpers in the General Options Tab.
    • The Set Smoothing Modifier ON / OFF now acts only on elements of the type “Follower/Wardrobe”.
    edited April 2021

V3Digitimes said:

You're welcome :)

edit: here is a summary of the update which is about to be submitted:

The update from the original 1.1 to the 1.3 version includes or changes:

• the compatibility with Genesis 8.1 was added, considering the resolution of Genesis 8.1 begin higher, it is a good idea to lower the figure resolution (to 1 preview – 2 render for instance), either before launching the script, or using the “Laggy?” menu, “step 3”.
    • the improvement of the launch duration of the script was obtained by restricting to the minimum what is saved in the initial pose and reloaded after the pose tools are created
    • you keep your initial camera view when you launch the script (previously the view was automatically switched to perspective view).
    • Concerning automatic eyes placement, now when this is processed, (by changing the target for the eye once automatic mode is activate), the main eyes pose controls (up-down / side-side) are first zeroed before the calculations occur. This was necessary for a better control of Genesis 8.1 eyes.
    • The convergence settings are now by default set to medium (a bit faster but a bit less precise convergence), and “medium” configuration was adjusted consequently. You can change this in one click in the first tab, where you can access 3 convergence settings buttons (precise, medium, fast). You can also set up precisely what you want in term of distance and maximum iterations in the “General Options” tab. This change is due to the fact that Genesis 8.1 figures use a higher resolution, making the calculations slower, and to the fact that most people won’t read the documentation telling them it is better to set up figures to a “normal” resolution when using the script.
    • The leg convergence process was adjusted so that it is now faster. It still requires more iterations than the arms, but is now faster than it used to be in the previous versions.
    • The helpers are now set invisible in simulation as soon as you launch this script. The helpers are now automatically set invisible in render, except if you launch the script with NVIDIA Iray as the viewport Drawstyle (but all other Drawstyles, “Cartoon”, “Texture Shaded”, etc, etc will correspond to the use of “invisible in render” helpers). You can change at any time the render visibility of the helpers in the General Options Tab.
    • The Set Smoothing Modifier ON / OFF now acts only on elements of the type “Follower/Wardrobe”.

Great news, cant wait to see the update.

Thanks

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thanks. The update is waiting to be tested by Daz now :)

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,929

V3Digitimes said:

Thanks. The update is waiting to be tested by Daz now :)

Aaand it's here! Thanks a lot for including the detailed patch notes!

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited May 2021

[oh, ignore this comment, it seems I've fallen on the wrong topic. oops. ] wow, there's a lot of posts in this thread. I love this Ultimate Zero, I really does work when other things actually restore a pose rather than zeroing it out. Not sure why some things restore expressions and finger posing. 

One thing that shocked me the first time I used it was it zeroed EVERYTHING on the figgure including the shape. I really thought it was just going to zero only the pose. So that was annoying, however after reloading the scene I saw I could uncheck the shaping presets. If I could click on button and it not zero the shape that would be great. Maybe there is, but, after the first disaster and scared to experiment. I always use custom figgures and sometimes I haven't yet made a Single Dial Controller. 

Thanks.

Post edited by AbnerK on

No worry but I think you are in the wrong thread. Ultimate Zero is from Riversoft who opened a thread dedicated to his project, you should find it easily in the commercial forum :)

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

V3Digitimes said:

No worry but I think you are in the wrong thread. Ultimate Zero is from Riversoft who opened a thread dedicated to his project, you should find it easily in the commercial forum :)

Oh, I'm sorry, I used Google to find it. oops. That's a shame you seem really helpful. Oh well. 

• I bought the script today and its realy great BUT..

it realy needs an UNDO button

the main workspace is blocked when using the script. Dont know if its possible to integrate the script as a new pane. This would make the workflow much better specialy when it gets into animating figures. Right now its a real pain in the ... to open and close the script frame by frame and do adjustments. This would also solve the issue with zoom and pan of a figure.

All in all the script is realy good. It gives you full controll over the figure and I love it.

Yes I know about the undo, the thing is that there are so many operations (when you change a dial, many loops are triggered) that when I introduced it (in dev stages) I filled up the undo stack to fast. I tried to place is elsewhere but I met other issues. The script cannot be introduced as new pane, this would require a pluggin instead. I had begun a "hide/show interface", but it is not finished at all (I work in it when I have time, but this is complex because there are tons of parameters and all of them must be re-actualized which is almost as long as launching), and it regurarly induces crashes...

Thanks for the feedback, when I'll update it for Daz Studio 5, I'll try to have a new look at the "undo", see if there is not another way to place it another way around.