Ultimate Pose Master [Commercial]

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

I have just picked this up, and so far it does what it claims to, so I am happy. The script takes a bit longer to launch than I had expected (5 seconds or so), which is not too bad, but most script popups arrive almost immediately.

The one feature I would really like, which has been touched on by others, is Undo, ie via Ctrl-Z. I don't care about having hundreds of levels of undo, if it just undid the last click that would be better than nothing. I found whilst moving the helpers I would occassionally click on the bar just next to the +/- rather than the +/- as intended. This caused the hand to fly way out of position, and it was tedious to get it back to where it was.

Anyway, good work, and a useful tool to have.

• Thanks! Yes for the center of gravity, I remarked that a lot of poses are much more well balanced than I initially thought (the contact point being in the right area).

Honestly, that doesn't surprise me, since I imagine the developers spend quite a bit of time getting things to look realistic. Also, if you have a standing pose, it's not terribly difficult to have COM properly within the axis of the feet. It's when you start doing things like squatting down or bending over that things can get wonky and make it hard to look natural. Another PA has a tool to help some of the common scenarios like squatting and bending over but this seems like it will be generally more useful. :)

My phone ate some of my first comment but I picked it up. I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend!

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

For the "partial" undo this is a good idea knowing that I already have the initial pose saved in a temp folder (which allows the reset). It would make me do the same but at a different time. A kind of "store" and "restore" to add in one of the existing menu (because there is no more room in this interface). Thanks a lot for the idea.

Since undo has technical complexities, having a store/restore button in the corner of the pages would help a lot.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    lx said:

For the "partial" undo this is a good idea knowing that I already have the initial pose saved in a temp folder (which allows the reset). It would make me do the same but at a different time. A kind of "store" and "restore" to add in one of the existing menu (because there is no more room in this interface). Thanks a lot for the idea.

Since undo has technical complexities, having a store/restore button in the corner of the pages would help a lot.

Hmm.  Yeah, I know that you can reset poses in Look At This, but that script doesn't do all the weight balancing calculations that this one does, and it may stay within the limits of the undo history and simply undoes its actions rather than restore a save.

• I am so impressed by Ultimate Poser Master and your support - here and with those movie clips - that I also got your skin shading bundle and your Iray light manager.
    Just wow.
    If I have questions - I come back to Daz after years of inactivity - I'll post them here.
    Thanks!

• This is exactly what I need to put a few of the posing vendor out of business Lol, just kidding ! but it will help with all the pose sets I do for my sci fi outfits Thanks !

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2019

My phone ate some of my first comment but I picked it up. I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend!

I'll be online for any question!

lx said:

Yes I though about it. I think (in order to keep it compact, there is almost no more room in the interface) that I can replace the "Close" button by a dropdown menu having the "store" and "restore" options.

Sevrin said:
    lx said:

Hmm.  Yeah, I know that you can reset poses in Look At This, but that script doesn't do all the weight balancing calculations that this one does, and it may stay within the limits of the undo history and simply undoes its actions rather than restore a save.

For now you can only restore the intial pose indeed. What I plan is a menu allowing to launch a store or restore latest store at any time.

I am so impressed by Ultimate Poser Master and your support - here and with those movie clips - that I also got your skin shading bundle and your Iray light manager.
    Just wow.
    If I have questions - I come back to Daz after years of inactivity - I'll post them here.
    Thanks!

Thanks a lot !! Yes, this is what the thread is made for! edit: and welcome back!

This is exactly what I need to put a few of the posing vendor out of business Lol, just kidding ! but it will help with all the pose sets I do for my sci fi outfits Thanks !

Lol! I hope you will appreciate working with it!

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

As much as I love the idea, and the script looks really neat, it's terribly laggy on my computer, even with just a naked and hairless G8 in the scene, so it may not be for me.... Will give it another try but I'm afraid I'll have to return it. Sorry...

• Just wanted to say thanks for developing yet another very useful script. I already use your Pose Mixer a lot and this new one will make my posing sessions a WHOLE lot easier.  Just having the adjustment dials in one spot is a huge help/ Not more hunting through the scene hierarchy to find the bones to adjust. ( I am not a fan of Power Pose)  It's all in one easy to navigate spot. 

Yes, I do have a slight lag ( newer higher end system), when using a base G8 without clothes or hair but that's to be expected as I'm sure there's a lot of stuff going on under the hood so to speak.  In either event the script is still very useful for creating new poses or adjusting prepackaged ones. The time and frustration I'll save will more than make up for a little lag here or there.

Even though the script is intuitive, I also appreciate the detailed videos and documentation.  It's so nice to have a solid reference to fall back on.

Thanks again!

edited September 2019
    Nath said:

As much as I love the idea, and the script looks really neat, it's terribly laggy on my computer, even with just a naked and hairless G8 in the scene, so it may not be for me.... Will give it another try but I'm afraid I'll have to return it. Sorry...

Hello Nath. I'm really sorry about that. Indeed there is a LOT of calculations each time you move a dial in the advanced mode, when everything is connected. Ot course, things are much more fluid when you disconnect helpers, but this is a bit sad to use it in the basic way only. The idea to use it in this case the dials handles only for large movements, and use the "+" and "-" around the dials (you can hold on the left mouse click on them) for fine tuning, AND TO AVOID LAGS (very probably). What you can also try to do is to go in the general options tab and reduce the default number of iterations by a factor 4.  When I will update the product to add new features I'll have a look if I have a way to lower the number of calculations involved but for now I have no clear idea how I could do that. I'm really sad this happened to you and I understand you return it in this case.

Just wanted to say thanks for developing yet another very useful script. I already use your Pose Mixer a lot and this new one will make my posing sessions a WHOLE lot easier.  Just having the adjustment dials in one spot is a huge help/ Not more hunting through the scene hierarchy to find the bones to adjust. ( I am not a fan of Power Pose)  It's all in one easy to navigate spot. 

Yes, I do have a slight lag ( newer higher end system), when using a base G8 without clothes or hair but that's to be expected as I'm sure there's a lot of stuff going on under the hood so to speak.  In either event the script is still very useful for creating new poses or adjusting prepackaged ones. The time and frustration I'll save will more than make up for a little lag here or there.

Even though the script is intuitive, I also appreciate the detailed videos and documentation.  It's so nice to have a solid reference to fall back on.

Thanks again!

You're really welcome! I'm really happy that it speeds up your pose process! Yes there is a lot of calculations behind each step, which explains why it is a bit laggy sometimes, and this is why the advice concerning the use of handles and the use of the "+" and "-" is always visible in the interface since it allows fine tuning without lags. I'm glad you appreciate the documentation and the product! Thanks a lot for your comment!

edited September 2019

Working on an update. For now the following elements have been implemented and added:

- Store a pose at any time to restore it later on

- Restore the stored pose while keeping helpers where they are

- Restore the stored pose and move helpers to hands and feet

I'm now working in parralel on the two ways to close the script: Close, and Delete All Smart Tools and Close

I found a nice solution for the lags on old computers, which will imply not to use the handles of the dials but to hold on the left click on the "+" and "-" around the dials for the movements of helpers. A button will allow set up the step of all "+" and "-" (for helpers translations) so that they have a perfectly fluid and controlable movement, with a very nice "speed" for this movement  (and this is reversible, i.e. for fine tuning you can come back the step presently used in the script). I set up other solutions allowing to involve less actions in the convergence steps, but it implies for now that the update of the dials of the arms and legs bones is visible only when you stop editing the helpers dials. I'll have a look on the influence of each step for this.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

For the hand and foot helpers, if I were doing a fighting scene, would I be able to place one character's hands on another character? And would I be able to place a second chracter's hands on the first character? I'm guessing I could only work on one character at a time. In that case, what about the first instance: would I be able to place one character's hands and feet on another character?

If not, I'd really like a product that would let me work with two characters at the same time, for scenes in which there is boxing or wrestling.

I'm going to watch the videos. Haven't looked at them yet. But this product is really interesting.

edited September 2019

The weird thing is that my computer is fairly new and sort of high-end - 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080, i7-7700. It should be fine with something like this script.

What I did notice is that G8F was a lot more laggy than G8M, even when I went down in quality as far as lit wireframe for the display. Which is weird in itself, unless the number of characters etc. somehow slows stuff down - I'm not into script writing at all, but it's all I can think of that's significantly different between the two (and is probably nonsense anyway)and it's 190 against 150 characters, so not that much of a difference anyway.

Post edited by Nath on
    edited September 2019
    inquire said:

For the hand and foot helpers, if I were doing a fighting scene, would I be able to place one character's hands on another character? And would I be able to place a second chracter's hands on the first character? I'm guessing I could only work on one character at a time. In that case, what about the first instance: would I be able to place one character's hands and feet on another character?

If not, I'd really like a product that would let me work with two characters at the same time, for scenes in which there is boxing or wrestling.

I'm going to watch the videos. Haven't looked at them yet. But this product is really interesting.

No you are right, you can only work figure by figure one after the other, not two figures together at the same time, but you can have two figures at the same time in the scene, and have only their arms and legs posed (but one figure after the other).

Nath said:

The weird thing is that my computer is fairly new and sort of high-end - 16 GB RAM, GTX 1080, i7-7700. It should be fine with something like this script.

What I did notice is that G8F was a lot more laggy than G8M, even when I went down in quality as far as lit wireframe for the display. Which is weird in itself, unless the number of characters etc. somehow slows stuff down - I'm not into script writing at all, but it's all I can think of that's significantly different between the two (and is probably nonsense anyway)

I don't understand why this happens to you. I'm working on my 6 years old computer and have no big lags. Having a lot of things in your scene can slow down the script indeed. For the number of characters you own it should not change the script behavior. Working on a HD figure can slow things down too. I've spent the day testing and updating the script in order to have something more fluid (and to add the various features request). One thing that can really slow down the script is also the smoothing modifiers on the outfits. Because at each pose update by the script, the smoothing modifier will recalculate the outfit, and this can explode the global calculation time. I'll include in the update something to hide/show various elements in the scene which can slow down the script.

I wonder, and this would be a very important information for me, are you also laggy when you use the "+" and "-" (you click on them and you hold down the click) in order to move the helpers (the + and - around the helper dials)?

Because if not, I found a solution to have something fluid and comfortable to use using only these + and - (I overloaded my scene in order to get laggy and test the new options for these, and it went fluid).

One more question, since you have lag issues, would you be interested to test my update before I release it (while I develop the solutions)?

• I getting an error when I try to run this. I'm using DAZ 4.12 beta if that make any difference.

2019-09-07 15:09:52.779 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Ultimate Pose Master/Ultimate Pose Master.dse
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 WARNING: Script Error: Line 10242
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: aRootNode
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Ultimate Pose Master/Ultimate Pose Master.dse:10242
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Ultimate Pose Master/Ultimate Pose Master.dse

edited September 2019

I getting an error when I try to run this. I'm using DAZ 4.12 beta if that make any difference.

2019-09-07 15:09:52.779 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Ultimate Pose Master/Ultimate Pose Master.dse
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 WARNING: Script Error: Line 10242
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: aRootNode
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Ultimate Pose Master/Ultimate Pose Master.dse:10242
    2019-09-07 15:09:52.810 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Ultimate Pose Master/Ultimate Pose Master.dse

Tested on 4.12 it works perfectly so it does not make a difference. Make sure that you selected a Genesis 8 or 3 figure before you launch the script.

edit : I just checked this error happens if nothing is selected in the scene, you must select a genesis 3 or 8 figure before you launch the script.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll see how to update the script so that it warns people when they select nothing..

• Yes - I went back and watched the first video.  Runs just fine now.

• Yes - I went back and watched the first video.  Runs just fine now.

Glad to hear it! Have fun and happy posing!

• Well Ive been playing with this and I have to say it's really useful! However unfortunately it takes up to a minute for the script to work (opening basic G8F, shaded, etcetc). It then takes about 20 seconds the next time I start it up on the same figure. I cant work out what is causing this as all other scripts and Daz Studio works well. PC isnt a slouch (1080tu i7 etc) - I am running from a non SSD though. I would expect some delay but not that much. So it seems to be something my end probably. Shame as waiting that amount of time negates the workflow. Aaargh! It IS really good though!

• Well Ive been playing with this and I have to say it's really useful! However unfortunately it takes up to a minute for the script to work (opening basic G8F, shaded, etcetc). It then takes about 20 seconds the next time I start it up on the same figure. I cant work out what is causing this as all other scripts and Daz Studio works well. PC isnt a slouch (1080tu i7 etc) - I am running from a non SSD though. I would expect some delay but not that much. So it seems to be something my end probably. Shame as waiting that amount of time negates the workflow. Aaargh! It IS really good though!

Hi, thanks for the nice final comment and also for the technical issue remark.

The normal delay for opening is 2 or 3 seconds when you are in the the TEXTURE SHADED MODE and this is what you should normally expect. Tested on 3 computers, one of them witout ssd hard drive (does nit make a big difference). Someone mentioned a 5 seconds in the forum (I realise I have to answer to him or her too). BUT if you launch the script when you use IRAY in preview mode it can take longer, much longer in cpu use cases, because a lot of things are done when you start it, and each of them may/will trigger a new Iray calculation (time consuming): save the current figure pose to create a restoration/reset point, zero the figure bones, bone by bone, load of all of the smart tools one by one and their placement still one by one on this zero pose figure, restoration of the figue pose. This scripts analyses if you use Iray as the current preview mode (instead of texture shaded) in order to warn you that it slows down its performances, but does nor force daz to go in a lighter preview mode (I could do that if other people have the issue), and finally the whole interface is created, and this is a big interface . 

I will of course try to find a solution with/for you since I am anyway working on the product for the various features requests. So the first step is, if you generally launched it in Nvidia  Iray preview mode, to try to go to texture shaded before you launch it, and let me know if it makes a difference. If you already were in texture shaded mode when you had your 20 seconds launch time, please let me know that too (it would give me clues for further investigation).

Havos said:

I have just picked this up, and so far it does what it claims to, so I am happy. The script takes a bit longer to launch than I had expected (5 seconds or so), which is not too bad, but most script popups arrive almost immediately.

The one feature I would really like, which has been touched on by others, is Undo, ie via Ctrl-Z. I don't care about having hundreds of levels of undo, if it just undid the last click that would be better than nothing. I found whilst moving the helpers I would occassionally click on the bar just next to the +/- rather than the +/- as intended. This caused the hand to fly way out of position, and it was tedious to get it back to where it was.

Anyway, good work, and a useful tool to have.

5 seconds is a bit too long compared with what I experimented and I asked a friend to do. We are closer to 2 or 3 seconds. The reasons why it is a bit long at start is explained in the answer above. I think the longest steps are the save and reload of the figure pose.

For the undo I will ask on the script forum what can be done, in the meantime I already developed an update allowing to create a restoration point and reload it whenever you want. But I will ask here anyway for the "undo latest".

inquire said:

No you are right, you can only work figure by figure one after the other, not two figures together at the same time, but you can have two figures at the same time in the scene, and have only their arms and legs posed (but one figure after the other).

Nath said:

What I did notice is that G8F was a lot more laggy than G8M, even when I went down in quality as far as lit wireframe for the display. Which is weird in itself, unless the number of characters etc. somehow slows stuff down - I'm not into script writing at all, but it's all I can think of that's significantly different between the two (and is probably nonsense anyway)

I don't understand why this happens to you. I'm working on my 6 years old computer and have no big lags. Having a lot of things in your scene can slow down the script indeed. For the number of characters you own it should not change the script behavior. Working on a HD figure can slow things down too. I've spent the day testing and updating the script in order to have something more fluid (and to add the various features request). One thing that can really slow down the script is also the smoothing modifiers on the outfits. Because at each pose update by the script, the smoothing modifier will recalculate the outfit, and this can explode the global calculation time. I'll include in the update something to hide/show various elements in the scene which can slow down the script.

I wonder, and this would be a very important information for me, are you also laggy when you use the "+" and "-" (you click on them and you hold down the click) in order to move the helpers (the + and - around the helper dials)?

Because if not, I found a solution to have something fluid and comfortable to use using only these + and - (I overloaded my scene in order to get laggy and test the new options for these, and it went fluid).

One more question, since you have lag issues, would you be interested to test my update before I release it (while I develop the solutions)?

After I initially used Bridget HD, I switched to undressed and hairless basic G8s in an empty scene - so no interference from other factors.

The + and - are more responsive than the sliders, more so in G8M than in G8F. I usually work in texture shaded.

• BeanoutbackBeanoutback Posts: 61
    edited September 2019

Well, I figure it has to be something to do with my Genesis 8 female having more morphs somehow than she did originally - must have saved something in the past. I did a test (all in texture mode) and the G8 Males take about 15 seconds - thats fine for me. I then mixed up a Genesis 8 female and added a whole load of morphs (a mix of HD and loads of muscle morphs, vascular morphs and anything else I could find really). The helpers loaded in the first part of the script l and then it just sat loading for over 3 minutes until I gave up! So, on this machine anyway, it seems that if a character has a lot or addittional morphs/ shape changes then the script takes longer to load.

Also did a test with 4 characters all in one big scene. Three of them (two G8M and one G8F with standard morphs) the script took about 20 seconds to load (or change to) one each one - cool - but the fourth (which again had lots of additional morphs) the script got stuck (?) or hadnt loaded after two minutes. I am trying to find out if its one particular morph but I cant read an error log if the script 'freezes' since I have to force quit Daz studio. I did zero out all the additional morphs on that character but it still had the same problem. Maybe I should zero the morphs, save character preset, reload and test again sometime.

Additional: I don't have any lag when the script loads in texture and actually can use it with iray preview with only slight lag (although texture mode makes more sense obviously).

Post edited by Beanoutback on
  • Well, I figure it has to be something to do with my Genesis 8 female having more morphs somehow than she did originally - must have saved something in the past. I did a test (all in texture mode) and the G8 Males take about 15 seconds - thats fine for me. I then mixed up a Genesis 8 female and added a whole load of morphs (a mix of HD and loads of muscle morphs, vascular morphs and anything else I could find really). The helpers loaded in the first part of the script l and then it just sat loading for over 3 minutes until I gave up! So, on this machine anyway, it seems that if a character has a lot or addittional morphs/ shape changes then the script takes longer to load.

Also did a test with 4 characters all in one big scene. Three of them (two G8M and one G8F with standard morphs) the script took about 20 seconds to load (or change to) one each one - cool - but the fourth (which again had lots of additional morphs) the script got stuck (?) or hadnt loaded after two minutes. I am trying to find out if its one particular morph but I cant read an error log if the script 'freezes' since I have to force quit Daz studio. I did zero out all the additional morphs on that character but it still had the same problem. Maybe I should zero the morphs, save character preset, reload and test again sometime.

Additional: I don't have any lag when the script loads in texture and actually can use it with iray preview with only slight lag (although texture mode makes more sense obviously).

Hi, thanks for the information. I think it might come from the way I save the pose originally, I will have a look as soon as I can access my computer (in 1 or 2 hours I hope). But it might come from the fact that I don't filter enough what I save when I backup the original pose, and if the figure has a lot of morphs they might be saved too, taking more time than expected. IF this comes from this (but then it is not logical that your fourth caractère has an issue), it is possible to solve this. indeed I also saved the morphs in order to save and reload the expressions too, and this could be filtered more. Thanks to let me know if you still have an issue on the fourth caractère when you made your next test you propose. This would be a huge clue for me!

And a huge thanks to let me know that you have no lag in texture shading me and only minor in Iray preview mode!

Nath said:
    inquire said:

Nath said:

After I initially used Bridget HD, I switched to undressed and hairless basic G8s in an empty scene - so no interference from other factors.

The + and - are more responsive than the sliders, more so in G8M than in G8F. I usually work in texture shaded.

Ok today I will have a look if it can come from the content size by modifying a few (a lot of) elements in my script. Thanks for helping me sorting this out for you, I will let you know how I progress on the subject! I really hope I will find the exact origin of the issue for you because normally there should be no or only minor lag. I don't believe it took me months to optimise this and I have to back in a new optimization process now!

When you say that the + and - are more responsive, does it mean that if you hold on the mouse clicked on them (so that the helperq keeps on moving) you can have a totally non laggy response or does it still lag anyway? 

Well, I figure it has to be something to do with my Genesis 8 female having more morphs somehow than she did originally - must have saved something in the past. I did a test (all in texture mode) and the G8 Males take about 15 seconds - thats fine for me. I then mixed up a Genesis 8 female and added a whole load of morphs (a mix of HD and loads of muscle morphs, vascular morphs and anything else I could find really). The helpers loaded in the first part of the script l and then it just sat loading for over 3 minutes until I gave up! So, on this machine anyway, it seems that if a character has a lot or addittional morphs/ shape changes then the script takes longer to load.

Hi, thanks for the information. I think it might come from the way I save the pose originally, I will have a look as soon as I can access my computer (in 1 or 2 hours I hope). But it might come from the fact that I don't filter enough what I save when I backup the original pose, and if the figure has a lot of morphs they might be saved too, taking more time than expected. IF this comes from this (but then it is not logical that your fourth caractère has an issue), it is possible to solve this. indeed I also saved the morphs in order to save and reload the expressions too, and this could be filtered more. Thanks to let me know if you still have an issue on the fourth caractère when you made your next test you propose. This would be a huge clue for me!

And a huge thanks to let me know that you have no lag in texture shading me and only minor in Iray preview mode!

Nath said:
    inquire said:

Nath said:

Ok today I will have a look if it can come from the content size by modifying a few (a lot of) elements in my script. Thanks for helping me sorting this out for you, I will let you know how I progress on the subject! I really hope I will find the exact origin of the issue for you because normally there should be no or only minor lag. I don't believe it took me months to optimise this and I have to back in a new optimization process now!

When you say that the + and - are more responsive, does it mean that if you hold on the mouse clicked on them (so that the helperq keeps on moving) you can have a totally non laggy response or does it still lag anyway? 

In lit wireframe the + and - are I'd say smooth, in texture shaded there's a slight pause

(and with the random poses I've been inflicted G8 now looks as if she stepped on a live wire while at a heavy metal concert (I'd do a screenshot, but I'd have to put some clothes on the poor girl first)

• Ok, so I zeroed (? spelling) out the morphs on the fourth character. Saved it as a preset. Reloaded into scene as fourth character. Applied script - it worked! But only after 50 seconds ish. Applying script to the next character (a G8M) took 20 seconds.

In my case it certainly seems to be an issue with the amount of morphs. Interesting that different G8 characters with no morphs still vary in load time - if that makes sense?

Anyway - while I would love to use this script with my characters that have (maybe too many) morphs - it's still so useful on other characters in my scene. I think I can comprimise even if no solution is found.

• Nath said:

Nath said:
    inquire said:

Nath said:

In lit wireframe the + and - are I'd say smooth, in texture shaded there's a slight pause

(and with the random poses I've been inflicted G8 now looks as if she stepped on a live wire while at a heavy metal concert (I'd do a screenshot, but I'd have to put some clothes on the poor girl first)

Lol! I'd like to see that! Well, for now, I finally managed to create a laggy scene (super high resolution dressed and hairy figures with smoothing modifiers on outfits), and in my script I moved some actions out of some loops, which allows me a smoother movement of the helpers with the handles for heavy configurations (right arm only is tested for now), but not totally smooth yet. I'm going to modify a few more things and then, I'll have to transfer this to left arm and feet which will at least take me one full day (maybe two) if I meet no issue. So I'm going on with this.

I'm working on a second alternative which is a dropdown menu allowing to swap the "+ and - steps" between 5cm and 1 or 0.5 cm, so that you can use the 5 cm to move the arms at the same speed as you would do with the handle of the dial (5 cm steps looks fair). In practice it is a dropdown menu with two options : "set up current dial and resolution to solve lag issues (set dials +/- to 5 cm and also sets the figure to normal resolution)", and "Come Back To Initial Dial Configuration For Fine Tuning Using + and -", accessible from any tab at the bottom of the interface.

Finally I am adding a second always accessible dropdown menu with key options and features asked or which can be interesting (store/restore, hide/show hair/outfits/otherfigures, delete or not before you close). Maybe it will be joined with the first menu for  compacity reasons.

Ok, so I zeroed (? spelling) out the morphs on the fourth character. Saved it as a preset. Reloaded into scene as fourth character. Applied script - it worked! But only after 50 seconds ish. Applying script to the next character (a G8M) took 20 seconds.

In my case it certainly seems to be an issue with the amount of morphs. Interesting that different G8 characters with no morphs still vary in load time - if that makes sense?

Anyway - while I would love to use this script with my characters that have (maybe too many) morphs - it's still so useful on other characters in my scene. I think I can comprimise even if no solution is found.

Arg! This is hard for me to solve this as I don't manage to replicate. What I could do is to extract some parts of the beginning of my scripts, so that you can test it "step by step" (script by script) in order to know what's taking so much time. Another thing I can do is to add some inputs in the log file corresponding to the various steps of the launch of the script, so that via your log file we can see what step is taking so long (or steps are taking so long), so that I can directly act on the reason why this happens to you. For me this is very difficult to do this another way since I can't replicate this on any of my computers. I tested with an HD figure with TONS TONS TONS of morphs, HD or not, on it, and there was no way for me to raise above the 3 seconds of launch.

• Nath said:

Nath said:
    inquire said:

Nath said:

Lol! I'd like to see that! Well, for now, I finally managed to create a laggy scene (super high resolution dressed and hairy figures with smoothing modifiers on outfits), and in my script I moved some actions out of some loops, which allows me a smoother movement of the helpers with the handles for heavy configurations (right arm only is tested for now), but not totally smooth yet. I'm going to modify a few more things and then, I'll have to transfer this to left arm and feet which will at least take me one full day (maybe two) if I meet no issue. So I'm going on with this.

I'm working on a second alternative which is a dropdown menu allowing to swap the "+ and - steps" between 5cm and 1 or 0.5 cm, so that you can use the 5 cm to move the arms at the same speed as you would do with the handle of the dial (5 cm steps looks fair). In practice it is a dropdown menu with two options : "set up current dial and resolution to solve lag issues (set dials +/- to 5 cm and also sets the figure to normal resolution)", and "Come Back To Initial Dial Configuration For Fine Tuning Using + and -", accessible from any tab at the bottom of the interface.

Finally I am adding a second always accessible dropdown menu with key options and features asked or which can be interesting (store/restore, hide/show hair/outfits/otherfigures, delete or not before you close). Maybe it will be joined with the first menu for  compacity reasons.

Ok, so I zeroed (? spelling) out the morphs on the fourth character. Saved it as a preset. Reloaded into scene as fourth character. Applied script - it worked! But only after 50 seconds ish. Applying script to the next character (a G8M) took 20 seconds.

Arg! This is hard for me to solve this as I don't manage to replicate. What I could do is to extract some parts of the beginning of my scripts, so that you can test it "step by step" (script by script) in order to know what's taking so much time. Another thing I can do is to add some inputs in the log file corresponding to the various steps of the launch of the script, so that via your log file we can see what step is taking so long (or steps are taking so long), so that I can directly act on the reason why this happens to you. For me this is very difficult to do this another way since I can't replicate this on any of my computers. I tested with an HD figure with TONS TONS TONS of morphs, HD or not, on it, and there was no way for me to raise above the 3 seconds of launch.

Ok, Well it's good to know, in an odd way, that it's to do with my characters and that the script is actually ok. I'll carry on testing it as I am happy with it despite only being able to use it on certain characters at the moment. Thanks for looking into it and making the steps to improve an already very clever, useful and overall well designed script.  :)

•  

Ok, Well it's good to know, in an odd way, that it's to do with my characters and that the script is actually ok. I'll carry on testing it as I am happy with it despite only being able to use it on certain characters at the moment. Thanks for looking into it and making the steps to improve an already very clever, useful and overall well designed script.  :)

No problem, anyway I'll keep on investing it because it is interesting anyway to know what specificity your content or installation or morphs have to increase the launch time that much. Have you tried to install Pose Master another way? Via DIM if you already did it via smart content or inversely? Did you move any data folder or things like that after installation? Because you told me that you raise from 20 when the helpers are loaded to 50 seconds when the helpers are not loaded. So I wonder why it takes 30 seconds only to load the 4 helpers (which are less than 100 faces each, with 3 unmapped surfaces!).

What I will do ANYWAY is to record in the log file the keys steps of the launch process so that you can show me the result and that we can see what steps is so long (and I hope solve this).

Nath said:
    Nath said:

Sounds good (I think) - I do hope it leads to something, because even with the lag I'm really starting to like the ease of use of the script.

And here is electrified G8...

testscene UPM.png
    1275 x 861 - 391K
  • Nath said:

Sounds good (I think) - I do hope it leads to something, because even with the lag I'm really starting to like the ease of use of the script.

And here is electrified G8...

Hurray for the electrified G8, and hurray that you're starting to like the ease of use even in these conditions!!! For information, my work computer has a i7-4770k CPU, which is "average range" CPU now I would say. The script works even better on my laptop which has a less good CPU, and much less content.

I worked a lot today, and after creating a very laggy scene especially for that purpose, I managed to reach something more fluid, even if still a bit laggy (but the original was very laggy), especially when the helpers cannot be reached by the hands or feet (which is logical since then the number of iterations is in this case the maximum number of iterations). I compared the current commercial version to this first update in development on the right arm only since it is the only one which was programmed, and it is indeed much better. I'll try to pack it soon (still a lot of work!) so that it can be beta tested it before it becomes the official update. A lot of thing have been also added for the users, around 20 new utilities are available in two menus at the bottom of the interface, allowing to simplify/complexify the scene or convergence, or to answer to features requests, in two clicks each time (well click on the menu/click on your choice), which makes of this an even more powerful tool.