Look at my Hair 1.5 available. PDF Manual Ready! [Commercial]

123457»

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995

I understand the newst versions of LAMH can export an obj file for use in other programs. Is it ok to sell this hair object in a commercial product? not a LAMH preset, as an actual rigged thing

LM

Absolutely.

Kendall

• gederixgederix Posts: 390
     In an upcoming update, LAMH will be working directly with Luxus to create the fiberhair automatically during render.

So this is interesting, is this with just the player or will it require the full product?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

How does one go about rigging the .obj?  I have some fur that I've exported that I would love to rig so that it follows the wolf in different poses.  Is this possible?

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 241

One would presume that the exporting obj would be rigged like any other conforming item. Not much point in rigging it for DS, as you can simply use LAMAH or the player to use it there.

I intend to set up in poser, as that is my primary render program. Chapter 6 of this book covers rigging for poser in detail. I really don't want to write all that out here *lol*

http://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Clothing-Poser-Guide/dp/0692506225/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452514629&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+make+clothing+for+poser

LM

One would presume that the exporting obj would be rigged like any other conforming item. Not much point in rigging it for DS, as you can simply use LAMAH or the player to use it there.

I intend to set up in poser, as that is my primary render program. Chapter 6 of this book covers rigging for poser in detail. I really don't want to write all that out here *lol*

http://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Clothing-Poser-Guide/dp/0692506225/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452514629&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+make+clothing+for+poser

LM

Ah, but you can't use LAMH or the player if you wish to use Iray.  The fur has to be exported or the FiberHair transferred and it is static so any changes done to the pose and the whole export or transfer process has to be done over again as the exported fur doesn't follow the wolf like the FiberHair does in 3Delight..  And, after exporting time and again when changing little things about a pose as I've been doing recently while working on my pose set for the wolves, having a rigged version of my fur would be an ideal situation.  I'll have to look into it because I've never rigged anything in DS yet.

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

How does one go about rigging the .obj?  I have some fur that I've exported that I would love to rig so that it follows the wolf in different poses.  Is this possible?

Use the Transfer Utility like you would with clothing. There are plenty of tutorials here or through a Google search.

gederix said:
     In an upcoming update, LAMH will be working directly with Luxus to create the fiberhair automatically during render.

So this is interesting, is this with just the player or will it require the full product?

Special features such as this will likely be in the full version.

Kendall

Jimbow said:

Use the Transfer Utility like you would with clothing. There are plenty of tutorials here or through a Google search.

Thanks!

• HEllo,

after reading lamh groupe, i have error message and daz stop running!

Do you have any idea what is wrong ? thank you.

bonjour,après le chargement du "lamh group" j'ai un message d'erreur et Daz se ferme automatiquement,

avez vous une idée d'ou cela provient?

merci.

lamh.JPG
    1080 x 756 - 113K
  • HEllo,

bonjour,après le chargement du "lamh group" j'ai un message d'erreur et Daz se ferme automatiquement,

merci.

Hi, I'm not sure I understand the issue, what's happening exactly?

HEllo,

merci.

We would need to see the file that you tried to import.  At a minimum the path, filename, and file size.

Kendall