Look at my Hair 1.5 available. PDF Manual Ready! [Commercial]

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

LAMH 1.5 is in my product library! :)

edited December 1969

Who is the girl in the second slot of the promo picture?
    http://www.daz3d.com/media/slideshow/0129-lookatmyhair1-5.jpg
    Please?

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Who is the girl in the second slot of the promo picture?
    http://www.daz3d.com/media/slideshow/0129-lookatmyhair1-5.jpg
    Please?

That's a render belovedalia did. I don't recall exactly what figure it is.

edited December 1969

Thanks for that answer - let's hope belovedalia shows up. :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Glad it's finally out. YAY. Thanks guys!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update - had a little try and it seems to be working really well.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited January 2014

I keep getting a request to update the installation with a serial number (which shows as registered in my plug ins folder.) And yes, I uninstalled the old version, as well as the Free player, re-loaded, etc.

Edit - figured it out. The personal codes for the Free and Paid for versions were reversed.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • MIBAMIBA Posts: 56
    edited February 2014

I cannot start LAMH anymore.

I purchased it on January 29 and installed it. I was not asked for an activation code and was able to use the plugin via "Create > New "Look at my Hair Object".

Today I installed an update through the "DAZ 3D Install Manager". Now when I am trying to create an new LAMH object a form appears. There is a select box "Personal code"with a list of different codes. After inserting on of these codes into http://www.gm-studio.net/LAMH_activation.aspx, that form returns an activation code. I copy/paste this one into the plugin form and after also entering my serial number a message pops up: "Entries have been saved. Restart Look At My Hair, and Enjoy". - But there is no joy at all - i cannot open the plugin. Only the form keeps apperaing again and again.

Any idea?

Thanx for your help. :-)

Post edited by MIBA on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

LAMH has intrigued me since I returned to the DAZ world late last year. My question, though, is that I rarely see any long hair styles in the images of what people have done with it. The short hair and fur looks great, but I don't see many examples where the hair is shoulder length (or longer). Have I just been looking in the wrong places? :)

edited December 1969

posoproso said:
    I cannot start LAMH anymore.

I purchased it on January 29 and installed it. I was not asked for an activation code and was able to use the plugin via "Create > New "Look at my Hair Object".

Today I installed an update through the "DAZ 3D Install Manager". Now when I am trying to create an new LAMH object a form appears. There is a select box "Personal code"with a list of different codes. After inserting on of these codes into http://www.gm-studio.net/LAMH_activation.aspx, that form returns an activation code. I copy/paste this one into the plugin form and after also entering my serial number a message pops up: "Entries have been saved. Restart Look At My Hair, and Enjoy". - But there is no joy at all - i cannot open the plugin. Only the form keeps apperaing again and again.

Any idea?

Hi, the Personal Code is automatically generated; the Serial Number can be found in your DAZ Account 'My Serial Numbers' page; with these two, you can retrieve the Activation Code.
    If you still can make it to work please send me the codes at info_at_alessandromastronardi.com (replace _at_ with @) and I will help you out.

edited December 1969

JonnyRay said:
    LAMH has intrigued me since I returned to the DAZ world late last year. My question, though, is that I rarely see any long hair styles in the images of what people have done with it. The short hair and fur looks great, but I don't see many examples where the hair is shoulder length (or longer). Have I just been looking in the wrong places? :)

Hi, take a look at furrythings.com; there are some images posted that indeed portrait long hair, especially those done by Alia are very good.

edited December 1969

And also the PDF manual is finally available, get it here: http://lamh.ovbi.org/1.5/LAMH.manual.1.5.zip
    Video tutorials to come very soon!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

And also the PDF manual is finally available, get it here: http://lamh.ovbi.org/1.5/LAMH.manual.1.5.zip
    Video tutorials to come very soon!
    Thanks!
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much Alex!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 1969

Ooh, thank you, this looks great! Quite a bit more info than the last manual too.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the manual, I shall comb it for info ... ;)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the new manual. Maybe this time I can get my head wrapped around all the fiddly little details. I already had impressive results testing the frizzy hair on a plain Genesis.

A query: has anyone done fur density maps for the Aiko3-based Melody and Hiro3-based Micah critter figures? I think the body texture layout is the same, but the head is quite a bit different from the Generation3 A3/H3 UV setup.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I'm gonna install the new version I downloaded and probably the beta if there is one, i need to get reuse to the layout even though I didn't use it all the that much to get good at making hair, but any advice on ways to prevent brushing the hair down inside the head, that was always my downfall, also, for the fiber mesh, if it helps rendering time, can you take previously made hair and make it fiber hair, for example the hair for your AM Wolf?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    I'm gonna install the new version I downloaded and probably the beta if there is one, i need to get reuse to the layout even though I didn't use it all the that much to get good at making hair, but any advice on ways to prevent brushing the hair down inside the head, that was always my downfall, also, for the fiber mesh, if it helps rendering time, can you take previously made hair and make it fiber hair, for example the hair for your AM Wolf?

There is no beta above what is in the store, yet. We are in development on 1.6 and above and a new set of betas will probably appear soon.

Increasing the number of hair points (for human hair) to 25-50 will help dramatically, as will using the locking functions. See the new manual for suggestions on creating hair and combing without causing undue problems.

Any LAMH preset can be made into a FiberHair with the Full 1.5 version.

Kendall

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

That is one tasty, tasty manual. Thank you!

edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro, I'm afraid I'm stumped.

I've been digging in to LAMH for days, now, trying to come up with something like this:

http://jemstone.deviantart.com/art/Alice-and-Sara-Scrap-24413435

Long, straight, middle part, with a hard angle up from the breastbone to a short back (the one on the left). Undercut buzz at the rear is optional. So the hair goes from center-chest height, up over the shoulders, and up to the nape of the neck/base of skull at the back.

I have played with comb size and intensity. I have messed around with tapering, spherizing, tilting, and the like.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the hair to do what I want it to.

Combing as instructed in the reference materials, I always end up with little jaggy ends and bends - I've even reduced the number of points severely to try and combat it, and I get the same effect: somewhere near the end of the hair, it jags up and goes weird.

Maybe I'm just missing something? (Or maybe I'm just dumb?) But I'm having the worst time getting this to go. I've checked out the presets on the site, and while a few are close, none of them are close enough to what I want for me to feel like I could easily (or safely) modify them.

So I'm reaching out here in hopes you can give me some pointers.

Thank you. :)

edited December 1969

Hi Alessandro, I'm afraid I'm stumped.

I've been digging in to LAMH for days, now, trying to come up with something like this:

http://jemstone.deviantart.com/art/Alice-and-Sara-Scrap-24413435

Long, straight, middle part, with a hard angle up from the breastbone to a short back (the one on the left). Undercut buzz at the rear is optional. So the hair goes from center-chest height, up over the shoulders, and up to the nape of the neck/base of skull at the back.

I have played with comb size and intensity. I have messed around with tapering, spherizing, tilting, and the like.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the hair to do what I want it to.

Combing as instructed in the reference materials, I always end up with little jaggy ends and bends - I've even reduced the number of points severely to try and combat it, and I get the same effect: somewhere near the end of the hair, it jags up and goes weird.

Maybe I'm just missing something? (Or maybe I'm just dumb?) But I'm having the worst time getting this to go. I've checked out the presets on the site, and while a few are close, none of them are close enough to what I want for me to feel like I could easily (or safely) modify them.

So I'm reaching out here in hopes you can give me some pointers.

Thank you. :)

Reducing the number of points will make the situation worse, not better.

After you've got the hair about how you like it, set the locking relatively high and then comb out the "bad ends". Another possibility is to make the hair slightly longer than you intend and then snip off the "bad ends" just as a hair dresser would remove split ends.

Kendall

edited December 1969

After you've got the hair about how you like it, set the locking relatively high and then comb out the "bad ends". Another possibility is to make the hair slightly longer than you intend and then snip off the "bad ends" just as a hair dresser would remove split ends.

Kendall

I'll give it a shot. I'm not confident. But I'll try it. :)

Thanks, Kendall.

edited December 1969

Kendall

Thanks, Kendall.

Well, the good thing is that if you mess up you don't need to wait for it to grow back to try again :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendall

Thanks, Kendall.

Let me try to make a hairstyle like that, and see if can help.

edited December 1969

Kendall

Thanks, Kendall.

Let me try to make a hairstyle like that, and see if can help.

Thank you Alessandro. I'm wondering if I should ask you to do a step-by-step. I'm following the manual precisely (at least I think I am), but I can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something very basic and obvious. That "it was right in front of me the whole time" feeling.

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Dear,

Q1:
    Before installation of "Look At My Hair", do I need to uninstall "Look At My Hair player"?

Q2:
    Before updatation of "Look At My Hair", do I need to uninstall the older version?

edited December 1969

Dear,

Q1:
    Before installation of "Look At My Hair", do I need to uninstall "Look At My Hair player"?

Q2:
    Before updatation of "Look At My Hair", do I need to uninstall the older version?

It would be a good idea to do both uninstalls. The player especially.

Kendall

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Dear,

Q1:

Q2:

It would be a good idea to do both uninstalls. The player especially.

Kendall

Thank you, Kendall.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Got a weirdness here, now that I've had time to install the new version and try it out.

Creating a new hair set on a figure (it's a Melody A3-based character wearing a tiger texture), I've set up the follicle groups apparently correctly, adjusted the style of the guide hairs so they look OK, checked that the hair is set to pick up the figure's texture maps, exported and rendered...

... and the hair comes out white, with the tiger pattern skin texture faintly visible through it.

I've tried some of the Genesis hair presets from the LaMH website, and I've tried the hairy RAW Sasquatch, all of them render looking great. But when it comes to building up a new set... I've read through the manual, I think it's set up properly, but I must be missing something somewhere. Any ideas?