March Madness 2019

1474849505153»

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Today's sale is in line with March Madness, too. :D

This has been an exciting month and a half with some decent sales. Thank you, Daz! :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,354

Ok, I know it was the end of March Madness, but I'm really surprised that the sale promotion offers for Mr. Woo 8 Pro disappeared after only 4 days

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,466

thats so they can say, see, female characters sell better than males

• Well, I had no purple banners, so I skipped most of the sale.  I did break down and buy one building that I desperately needed right now, but other than that, nothing significant. I did buy a giftcard in expectation of sales that never came.  Which means I'm ready for the next sale...

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited April 2019
    Ati said:

This has been an exciting month and a half with some decent sales. Thank you, Daz! :)

"Some decent"  Even though that's damning with faint praise, it still feels pretty generous. Honestly, I thought this was one of the worst managed sale in the history of DAZ.  While there were a few highlights, most of those were due to purple banners and flashsales rather than the general MM program itself, and between the literally daily store malfunctions and discounts that fluctuated seemingly at random,  to ad verbiage that was frequently misleading at best and actually outright incorrect on multiple occasions, the whole thing was like watching a starving zombie with no arms or legs drag itself up an inclined waxed floor towards a bowl of brains wrapped in plastic wrap. Ironically, the one saving grace of that was that it left plenty of money for me to spend at Renderosity, which has never been able to really counterprogram against DAZ's MM in the past but knocked it out of the park this year with a daily program of super discounts that were more like classic DAZ marketing than anything DAZ had this year.

But yes, thanks to the mods for bearing through this, even if quite often DAZ's store staff failed to actually follow through and fix the problems that we were experiencing in a timely manner.             

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,083
    Cybersox said:
    Ati said:

"Some decent"  Even though that's damning with faint praise, it still feels pretty generous. Honestly, I thought this was one of the worst managed sale in the history of DAZ. 

I bought more stuff than I initially planned. Not the best-ever discounts, but sometimes they were good enough for me to pull the trigger. Not every single day, that's why the use of "some." :) Sure, there were frustrating days, too, when the advertised prices were only set half an hour before I called it a day. But overall I'm happy with the sale. Now if I didn't have 17 more items in my cart, I would call the sale over, but I still need to decide the fate of these items from today's sale. :D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,911

the whole thing was like watching a starving zombie with no arms or legs drag itself up an inclined waxed floor towards a bowl of brains wrapped in plastic wrap.

Damn I want to see a render of that yes 

•  the whole thing was like watching a starving zombie with no arms or legs drag itself up an inclined waxed floor towards a bowl of brains wrapped in plastic wrap.

+1!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

the whole thing was like watching a starving zombie with no arms or legs drag itself up an inclined waxed floor towards a bowl of brains wrapped in plastic wrap.

I'd prefer an animation set to the tune of "Teeny Weensy Spider." :)