March Madness 2019

Comments

• TigerAnne said:

When I try to click on the sushi, I get redirected to the front page. surprise

There seem to be several products which are giving soem users bad links - but not all, and not the same products for those who are affected. It appears to be related to caching between Daz and the user.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,752

When you add two of the related mad items to your cart, it doesn’t come out to an extra 50% off. Should be $28.34 not $33.07.

This is still not working...

• When you add two of the related mad items to your cart, it doesn’t come out to an extra 50% off. Should be $28.34 not $33.07.

I'm seeing the expected discount - remember that it's not just two Related Madness, one Related adn one newly/Still Mad will also make them 50% off isntead of 40% off and that is what I am seeing. If you don't see the chnage in price with a second item please post a screen shot of your cart.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2019

When you add two of the related mad items to your cart, it doesn’t come out to an extra 50% off. Should be $28.34 not $33.07.

Are we talking about this offer?

The 40% is already applied to the product, so the price in the listing should be your member discount stacked with 40%. One item in the cart should show that price/discount, (unless you have a "Key" product. Oy.) Anyway, a second MM item from any category should cause the discounts to be 30% member stacking with 50%.

So without any other discounts, the price shoulld be $56.70 for one, or $52,48 for two. What I am seeing when I put two of these in my cart, is the 10% for owning a Key item is missing.

Then I added three Newly Mad products to the cart, and an additional 30% was deducted from the Related Mad products, not because they are Related Mad, but because they are also listed in the offer at the top of the page, Under "Unique for Today"

Buy ANY THREE Newly Mad Releases below -Get an extra 30% OFF*
    Mad Artist Catalogs AND these Select Daz Originals

The extra 10% is still missing…

20190401-Related-Madness-Items-Offer.png
    993 x 513 - 1M
    Post edited by L'Adair on
  • L'Adair said:

Are we talking about this offer?

The 40% is already applied to the product, so the price in the listing should be your member discount stacked with 40%. One item in the cart should show that price/discount, (unless you have a "Key" product. Oy.) Anyway, a second MM item from any category should cause the discounts to be 30% member stacking with 50%.

So without any other discounts, the price shoulld be $56.70 for one, or $52,48 for two. What I am seeing when I put two of these in my cart, is the 10% for owning a Key item is missing.

Then I added three Newly Mad products to the cart, and an additional 30% was deducted from the Related Mad products, not because they are Related Mad, but because they are also listed in the offer at the top of the page, Under "Unique for Today"

Buy ANY THREE Newly Mad Releases below -Get an extra 30% OFF*
    Mad Artist Catalogs AND these Select Daz Originals

The extra 10% is still missing…

The Key discount says Newly Mad, Still Mad, and Featured PAs - it doesn't mention Related Madness

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,653
    edited April 2019

Today's Bonus items are older items related to the new releases:

MM19 Bonus Day 37.jpg
    1161 x 485 - 75K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,400

Looking at the free Brush and Effect selection, can anyone comment on whether https://www.daz3d.com/blowin-in-the-wind-tool can be made to work successfully as a particle system for Iray (or is it just a simple overlay that could be done in Photoshop?), or should I grab one of the ones that might have some useful textures I could reuse?

• Looking at the free Brush and Effect selection, can anyone comment on whether https://www.daz3d.com/blowin-in-the-wind-tool can be made to work successfully as a particle system for Iray (or is it just a simple overlay that could be done in Photoshop?), or should I grab one of the ones that might have some useful textures I could reuse?

Neither - it's a set of mini-planes which can have textures applied, with soem master controllers for group movement, not a simulated particale system. It doesn't have any Iray materials

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568

So is it still March madness? I thought it ended yesterday....

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,184
    edited April 2019

I guess you missed the text at the top of the sale page yesterday then...

DAZ-Offers-2019-04-01-MM-Info-Day-36.jpg
    1166 x 866 - 175K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,971

Looking at the free Brush and Effect selection, can anyone comment on whether https://www.daz3d.com/blowin-in-the-wind-tool can be made to work successfully as a particle system for Iray (or is it just a simple overlay that could be done in Photoshop?), or should I grab one of the ones that might have some useful textures I could reuse?

Neither - it's a set of mini-planes which can have textures applied, with soem master controllers for group movement, not a simulated particale system. It doesn't have any Iray materials

If I can get to it in the next day, I will try to apply some iray shaders to it and see how easily it converts. Unfortunately, by the time I get a chance the sale will probably be over for it :( . But it worked in Studio in the past at least, as Richard said it isn't a Poser plugin or anything like that.
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited April 2019

Here is an example with the roses (there is a choice of other different images :snow, roses, leaves, insects).

I kept the 3delight shader for the snow tool only.

19_snow tool.jpg
    640 x 800 - 232K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

A static system is fine by me, but I still want something that can achieve the "sprites in the air" approach of particles; if it can be coaxed to do that for Iray, great. If not, then I wouldn't get any use out of it.

If it's just planes and the like, as far as the lack of Iray materials, it sounds more like it's the case that it doesn't have those materials more than that it can't?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,301

A static system is fine by me, but I still want something that can achieve the "sprites in the air" approach of particles; if it can be coaxed to do that for Iray, great. If not, then I wouldn't get any use out of it.

If it's just planes and the like, as far as the lack of Iray materials, it sounds more like it's the case that it doesn't have those materials more than that it can't?

The materials can easily be converted to Iray like any other 3Delight material. They're just bitmaps and transparency masks.

Good. I guessed it probably was, but I've come to be cautious about assuming that older things can automatically be made to work in Daz and/or Iray.

After all, when it comes to 3Delight or Poser stuff, it can usually be converted, but there are exceptions that rely on trickery specific to those formats.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,678

...still too much of a G8 bundle lovefest. Really would have liked say, at least one Stonemason item to have been the "Key" for one week.

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 981
    kyoto kid said:

...still too much of a G8 bundle lovefest. Really would have liked say, at least one Stonemason item to have been the "Key" for one week.

+1

• sueyasueya Posts: 827

Please can someone tell me if there are any restrictions on the use of the new Purple banner discount code for owners of Victoria 8? Will it work with PC+ items? I expect it would be wise not to include free items in my cart when using the new discount code.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,091
    sueya said:

Please can someone tell me if there are any restrictions on the use of the new Purple banner discount code for owners of Victoria 8? Will it work with PC+ items? I expect it would be wise not to include free items in my cart when using the new discount code.

It's a fixed percent off, so free items should not interfere with it.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    sueya said:

As @Ati says, it's a fixed percentage discount. Also, the offer states, "…your entire cart purchase." I see no exclusions, so PC+ Items should work. For example, if your cart total is $100 without the coupon, regardless of how many stacking discounts on the products in your cart, the cart total should be $80 after applying the coupon.

I hope this helps.

• NathNath Posts: 2,734
    L'Adair said:
    sueya said:

As @Ati says, it's a fixed percentage discount. Also, the offer states, "…your entire cart purchase." I see no exclusions, so PC+ Items should work. For example, if your cart total is $100 without the coupon, regardless of how many stacking discounts on the products in your cart, the cart total should be $80 after applying the coupon.

I hope this helps.

PC+ items worked for me this morning.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,653
    edited April 2019

New Bonus item:

MM19 Bonus Day 38.jpg
    1157 x 473 - 66K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856

*Facepalm* I just realised this morning that the 70% off stacks with the new release discount. I've largely ignored the sale since everything seemed to be centred around 2 pro bundles that I didn't really care for, but now I'm wondering if I missed out on some good items?  

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,752

So basically almost everything we purchased in the last 30 days is now 20% cheaper if you have the purple banner...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,521

So basically almost everything we purchased in the last 30 days is now 20% cheaper if you have the purple banner...

possibly..it depends on the discount when you bought the stuff...for instance, there were DO things at 58% off one day and 40 or 30 the next ... everything has been going up and down for the month. 
    Plus, if you already have V8, you don;t get here free and instead get 20% off everything ... for today only ... Its a deal really, or not? V8 is $31.47 right now ... discounted from $44.... so unless you buy more than $160 or something , you're not getting the same deal. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,631

Your point being? I guess if they didn't give a banner for owners of V8 some users would complain about that as well, they just can't win.

Even though I have bought a few things recently, I am thrilled with the banner since I own V8. It got me $60 worth of free product, thanks DAZ!! yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944

it just made me buy more stuff again

there were bigger deals on other stuff the other days that are not today so possibly only some items fall into a catagory you would have done better on in my case no real overlap as nothing in my wishlist was 40% off today yet everything was a couple days ago

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,521

Your point being? I guess if they didn't give a banner for owners of V8 some users would complain about that as well, they just can't win.

Even though I have bought a few things recently, I am thrilled with the banner since I own V8. It got me $60 worth of free product, thanks DAZ!! yes

how you get $60 free? 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,146
    edited April 2019
    daveso said:

how you get $60 free? 

He probably meant he got $60 dollars off in discounts. Same difference ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,631
    daveso said:

how you get $60 free? 

The banner gave 20% off, got a $300 GC, which gave me $60 free product.