Novica & Serene Night’s Renders, Tips, Tutorials & Product Reviews PART 2

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869
    edited November 2013

Logan
    Michael 6 Swole

http://www.daz3d.com/michael-6-swole
    Here's Logan with the Michael 6 Swole at only .43
    EDIT: I worked hard to get the light just right on those fingers of the clenched hand. Also, the spotlight I added highlights that other raised forearm from the underneath, but traveled across to get the other parts of the body which were in too much shadow.

LoganMichael6HD6.jpg
    945 x 817 - 231K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

why did you crop his hips out? lol, just kidding. He has nice muscles. Are you still using Andrea's AOIBL lights? The light setup looks nice.

edited November 2013

LOL- because I didn't want to turn this into the gallery. (Couldn't resist.)
    Yes, it's still Andrea AOIBL lights. The previous post is how to change them if you want to try Logan's lighting. I gave you a bit lower numbers on the cheek lights (two spotlights) as it was a bit bright I think. (EDIT- what you're seeing had a bit of postwork to dull the light a bit on the cheek.)

Post edited by Novica on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Looks good Novica. I am curious about your coordinates. Are those starting from where the character loads into the scene? I really don't get world center and how it relates to my scene, I just load a character and then move to where I want them. I tried your coordinates and obviously something was wrong as my girl disappeared into oblivion...lol

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

The Mood
    V6 HD and M6 HD share a tender moment.
    Using the Elite textures that came with the HD versions.
    The poses are from Soulmate Poses II For V6 and M6.

The_Mood_small.jpg
    792 x 900 - 237K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    The Mood

Wow Tjohn. Now that is impressive. I like the way this render turned out. Great work. =-)

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Logan
    Michael 6 Swole

http://www.daz3d.com/michael-6-swole
    Here's Logan with the Michael 6 Swole at only .43
    EDIT: I worked hard to get the light just right on those fingers of the clenched hand. Also, the spotlight I added highlights that other raised forearm from the underneath, but traveled across to get the other parts of the body which were in too much shadow.

So I have a question about 'swole' since you were kind enough to render him in all his magnificience. Can you dial in just the head? Or does the head dial in with the body? I prefer the broader looking head, to the thin one so just wondering if you can do the head on the normalish M6 bod.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Looks good Novica. I am curious about your coordinates. Are those starting from where the character loads into the scene? I really don't get world center and how it relates to my scene, I just load a character and then move to where I want them. I tried your coordinates and obviously something was wrong as my girl disappeared into oblivion...lol

World Center is 0/0/0 and where figures automatically load. The light presets are (I assume) usually designed to work for an entire scene, which also loads around the World Center area. Try this- use those coordinates below for your figure, then with the figure still selected, use the brackets with the + in the middle and click on it. It will zoom in to your figure. (In oblivion, lol) Those spotlights will work, trust me. Their location is based on the figure being at these coordinates.

These are correct for the figure- as mentioned before. I double checked.
    The XYZ translations: -130.57 / -1.63 / 189.52
    The XYZ rotations: 0 / 66.90 / 0

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    The Mood

Good to see the poses- they do go quite well together. I really like the variation in the lighting between him and her. The lighting on her abs is very good- nice contrast. The only thing I am not a fan of is the hair on the arm which looks prickly to me, and that has nothing to do with your render. :)

edited December 1969

So I have a question about 'swole' since you were kind enough to render him in all his magnificience. Can you dial in just the head? Or does the head dial in with the body? I prefer the broader looking head, to the thin one so just wondering if you can do the head on the normalish M6 bod.

I'll go check and post right back. So far, I did the head in scene tabs, and nothing can do there. Then M6 and Actor (Parameters) and no option there for that either. I'm going to check further.

edited December 1969

Nope, can't use Swole on just the head (at least not that I've found.) I went to Actor>Head, I tried Head in Scene tab then checked Parameters>Actor, I tried Actor>People> and there's no Swole option.

There is always Actor>Real>Head Propagating Scale (I tested it at 4-6%) then did Y scale to bring the head back down (but it kept it's width) and that made a squarer face, slightly larger.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Kharma said:

World Center is 0/0/0 and where figures automatically load. The light presets are (I assume) usually designed to work for an entire scene, which also loads around the World Center area. Try this- use those coordinates below for your figure, then with the figure still selected, use the brackets with the + in the middle and click on it. It will zoom in to your figure. (In oblivion, lol) Those spotlights will work, trust me. Their location is based on the figure being at these coordinates.

These are correct for the figure- as mentioned before. I double checked.
    The XYZ translations: -130.57 / -1.63 / 189.52
    The XYZ rotations: 0 / 66.90 / 0

OK gonna try again but without repositioning my character to begin with, I will start from the default position...thanks :)

edited November 2013

This is a stonemason freebie available on his site, Floater Bot.

Using the same method with Hero FX you can light up the bot's engine and laser sight.

Interestingly, HeroFX are also layerable so you can add several effects to the figure at the same time.

This is nothing but default lighting here, to see how it works.

floater-bot-hero-fx.jpg
    914 x 914 - 196K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Nope, can't use Swole on just the head (at least not that I've found.) I went to Actor>Head, I tried Head in Scene tab then checked Parameters>Actor, I tried Actor>People> and there's no Swole option.

There is always Actor>Real>Head Propagating Scale (I tested it at 4-6%) then did Y scale to bring the head back down (but it kept it's width) and that made a squarer face, slightly larger.

Thank ye! My quest to make a broader-less Michael-6 face must continue. But at least Swole appears to get some default head expansion.

edited December 1969

Andrea's IBL lights are fast. They are faster than the Uber Area lights that come with Daz Studio 4. Wow. I like the shadows that Andrea's lights cast too. I can't wait to see more renders of Micheal 6/Genesis 2 male. Yay

edited December 1969

Okay, I've had this question before- and this seems really idiotic to have to ask- but when I apply a makeup option for Mia, the face doesn't match the rest of the body. It's like you have a light bronze face with a pale body. How do you keep the materials matching? If I do Mia All.duf, the entire body and face match, but the minute I click any of the makeup options, I've got dark face and light body.

Same thing with the SSS's- they go slicky something (not bronze, more greenish) and then if you do the makeup, it's too light! So nothing matches anything- the makeup with the regular Mat, the makeup with the SSS. AND the SSS applies to the face too, making it even darker.

edited December 1969

Something funky with my studio again. I did undo undo undo and took the all mat off, the makeup off, and so went back to HD Victoria 6, then did the All Mat again, then the makeup JUST USING THE REDO, and it matches. Explain that?! In other words, I didn't change a thing, I definitely did it in the same order just using the undo/redo, and it worked. So tuck that little bit of info into your noggin if you ever have mats not matching that should.

edited December 1969

Novica said:

Thank ye! My quest to make a broader-less Michael-6 face must continue. But at least Swole appears to get some default head expansion.
    You mean more like this?
    If you have the M6 Head and Body Morphs, you can turn M6 into this guy I dialed up. Settings included below.

BrawnyM61.JPG
    707 x 1240 - 245K
    Buffed-up_M6.jpg
    833 x 1000 - 337K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Tjohn! He looks hunky. =-) Definitely more of a body-builder type. I will study your settings.

The problem I have is the temple (the area above the brows). For some reason, even thought you can make the lower half of the face bigger, you can't make that narrow upper half any wider so it look quite strange to me. ISo if you want for example a character with a round face such as you might see, it is only the lower half that changes. It is quite odd looking to me. There is something about M6 that prevents me from dialing out the top portion of the head even with the morphs. I can do better by mixing in some m4 and dialing out m6- but, I actually m6's features without the thin narrow brow. It is quite strange to me that this feature is not changeable as many features seem to be.

edited December 1969

Thank you Tjohn! He looks hunky. =-) Definitely more of a body-builder type. I will study your settings.

The problem I have is the temple (the area above the brows). For some reason, even thought you can make the lower half of the face bigger, you can't make that narrow upper half any wider so it look quite strange to me. ISo if you want for example a character with a round face such as you might see, it is only the lower half that changes. It is quite odd looking to me. There is something about M6 that prevents me from dialing out the top portion of the head even with the morphs. I can do better by mixing in some m4 and dialing out m6- but, I actually m6's features without the thin narrow brow. It is quite strange to me that this feature is not changeable as many features seem to be.

OK, took another shot at it after mulling it over.
    I figured if I couldn't make the top of the head wider, then I'd adjust the lower half.
    I turned down the cheekbones a bit and turned down the face square until it was a little narrower than the top of the head.
    Then I increased the x-scaling of the head about 2%. This looked better to me but the eyes seemed off.
    I made the eyes bigger, and increased the width between the eyes.
    The result looks more handsome and intelligent, to me anyway. I think the proportions of the face look more "Real World" now.
    Buff_M6_take2.jpg
    833 x 1000 - 634K
    edited December 1969

WOW! You got it! That looks awesome TJohn and I agree. Very real world and handsome! You figured it out. I wouldn't have thought to fix the lower half of the face first. =-) I'm going to have to try achieve this. I was really quite baffled by this issue, and that head is quite handsome. Great show! GRAS.

edited December 1969

Tjohn, can you do a side view? That looks really good. You've made SereneNight very happy :)

edited November 2013

Today’s Review

BWC Michael 6 Gun Poses

http://www.daz3d.com/bwc-michael-6-gun-poses

By Sedor

This is a handy little set designed for M6, but useful with other figures with some adjustments.

With this set you get 15 Michael poses with mirrored versions. The poses provide more than a few basic combat gun poses in a variety of standing, sitting and crouching poses. I tested it with the 9 mm from an earlier pack M5 Firearms as well as the electrolaser from the science fiction firearm pack (aka the staple gun).

The base poses are great and look fluid and natural. Quite a useful pack.

I did find myself having to adjust the hands during the different positions initially especially using the smaller 9mm weapon. What looked good in one pose became torqued in the second position, and depending on which hand is shooting (such as the braced positions), you have to rethink which hand you parent the firearm to. An auto fit for m6 for some of the basic handguns would be helpful in this situation because the weapons in the store are auto fit to m5 and m4, and for M6 the hand positioning is of course off. You could also parent two guns one to each hand, hiding the one not in use, so if you wanted to switch poses quickly you could.

Nevertheless, Once I did get the 9mm in the correct position hand reposition and adjustment was minimal. It is just getting there that may be tough, especially for newbies.

Overall, this is a nice variety of weapons poses. I modeled them here on FW’s Dan with a little bodybuilder and with wolf-form applied.

Images 1, 2 Electrolaser
    Images 3, 4 9 MM.

EDIT: . I uses 3 herofx special effects to give light and drama to the electrolaser which is just part of my ongoing experiment to use the herofx to light up science fiction items.

EDITED: Postwork to fix the hair. sorry about the hair conforming to the ears. =-) Didn't realize until I uploaded.

whit-spotrv2.jpg
    994 x 994 - 317K
    whit-spot2.jpg
    852 x 994 - 446K
    rv2.jpg
    1136 x 710 - 185K
    final2rv1.jpg
    1136 x 994 - 220K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your review!

A good advice about the "autofit" for some guns, I'll keep that in mind!

edited November 2013

sedor said:
    Thank you for your review!

A good advice about the "autofit" for some guns, I'll keep that in mind!

Thank you! =-) And please keep making great products like this one. These will be extremely useful to me. =-)

edited December 1969

hmm, i should try rendering Genesis male with the muscular morphs and the light tips in this thread. Thanks for the idea.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Tjohn, can you do a side view? That looks really good. You've made SereneNight very happy :)

OK. I'm including the settings for the sliders that apply to the changes I made to the head, including the scaling settings for the head. :)
    BrawnyM6_Head_Settings.jpg
    704 x 1204 - 184K
    Side_view.jpg
    833 x 1000 - 257K
    edited December 1969

WOW! This has been extremely helpful TJOHN. Thanks for taking the time to show us those parameter dials. I was really struggling changing the shape of the face, since by default the head scaling extras are hidden. (New users will want to unlock these options). Here is the result- Sarge is beginning to get Reborn in gen 6- with a nice squarer head less tubular head!

Thanks again to TJohn. =-)

Here is Sidor's gun poses. mentioned earlier.

finalSarge2.jpg
    1136 x 994 - 331K
    edited December 1969

WOW! This has been extremely helpful TJOHN. Thanks for taking the time to show us those parameter dials. I was really struggling changing the shape of the face, since by default the head scaling extras are hidden. (New users will want to unlock these options). Here is the result- Sarge is beginning to get Reborn in gen 6- with a nice squarer head less tubular head!

Thanks again to TJohn. =-)

Here is Sidor's gun poses. mentioned earlier.

Wow! Is that my character? Cool in uniform.
    Hope everyone finds the character formula useful. Since you're the reason I made him, SereneNight, why don't you give him a name? :)
    edited November 2013

tjohn said:

Wow! Is that my character? Cool in uniform.
    Hope everyone finds the character formula useful. Since you're the reason I made him, SereneNight, why don't you give him a name? :)

I am quite honored. I suggest you call your morph Titan. Since he is buff, strong and cool-looking. This is your exact head morph, minus the head size dial which I made zero instead of 4. The bod is just default M6 with bodybuilder added =-)

This discussion has been closed.