Novica & Serene Night’s Renders, Tips, Tutorials & Product Reviews PART 2

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869
    edited December 1969

Handy Dandy

http://www.daz3d.com/handy-dandy

IS WONDERFUL. You select the figure (not the hands) Click. Done. Did you see the time of my last post? To fix it, take it into a graphics program and do the screenshots, and post was minutes! :)

I need to hire you Scott-L- to remind me to USE the products I already have.

handydandy2.jpg
    1999 x 995 - 220K
    handydandy.jpg
    1204 x 941 - 160K
    edited December 1969

Adjusting the Josie Head and the Cassie Head and getting it closer to the skull didn't affect that skull cap line. So unless someone has other ideas, this hair is "thin." I'm sure I am just not doing something. Anyway, here's the face closer up (with the HD Victoria as the base.)

CassieJosieTailsHairVioletLites6.jpg
    384 x 424 - 123K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited November 2013

Interesting. Tough to see a difference for me, but if it renders faster that's a plus. I think the base skin looks better than the one that comes with v6. =-) Thanks for showing us.

I use handy dandy a lot. Just wish it would auto apply so I don't have to hunt it down to use it. =-)

I don't mind the gen 6 hands- done with gen 6 poses. The hands can look odd when mixing generations but handy dandy fixes that pretty well. =-)

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

Are you turning the High Resolution up to 3? I think you have to do that with HD, but I'm not sure.

edited November 2013

Nova For Victoria 6
    Restless
    Toulouse Hair- NO LONGER ON THE SITE!

http://www.daz3d.com/nova-for-victoria-6
    http://www.daz3d.com/restless
    NO LINK FOR TOULOUSE HAIR. It says ToulouseHR and that doesn't bring anything up either. It's a beautiful, shiny hair. IT IS NOT IN MY PRODUCT LIBRARY EITHER!!!! It is a Genesis 2 hair.

Render coming- but will you folks check to see if you have it installed? it is under Genesis 2, the hair section in Content Library. Did I miss a post about this somewhere?

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Are you turning the High Resolution up to 3? I think you have to do that with HD, but I'm not sure.

No, I didnt :) I'm rendering at the moment and my mind is a blank. Can't get into the studio to look. Where is High Resolution? (Having a DUH.)
    Love your new avatar.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    [strong]Nova For Victoria 6
    Restless
    Toulouse Hair- NO LONGER ON THE SITE!

NO LINK FOR TOULOUSE HAIR. It says ToulouseHR and that doesn't bring anything up either. It's a beautiful, shiny hair. IT IS NOT IN MY PRODUCT LIBRARY EITHER!!!! It is a Genesis 2 hair.

Render coming- but will you folks check to see if you have it installed? it is under Genesis 2, the hair section in Content Library. Did I miss a post about this somewhere?

Toulouse Hair is part of Genesis 2 Starter Essentials. At least it was the last time I looked. It's one of the new things that was added when they released the User Guide and Quick Start Guide.
    edited November 2013

Novica said:
    tjohn said:

No, I didnt :) I'm rendering at the moment and my mind is a blank. Can't get into the studio to look. Where is High Resolution? (Having a DUH.)
    Love your new avatar.
    It's Subdivision Level, on the Parameters pane. You need to turn it to 3 in order to see the HD morphs in the preview window, but you do not need to change it to render the HD morphs, as the software does the subdivision automatically. DAZ_Jared I think posted about that a while back...I'll see if I can find it...

Edited to add: here's the post.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Scott-L :)
    It's rendering now and quite a nice hairstyle- very shiny.
    Have you purchased the HD and tried it yet by chance?

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Thank you Scott-L :)
    It's rendering now and quite a nice hairstyle- very shiny.
    Have you purchased the HD and tried it yet by chance?

Not yet...my budget can't keep up with all the cool new releases! Especially since I'm trying to catch up on G2F products now too (until recently, the only G2F purchase I'd made was the V6 Pro Bundle). But I will...!
    edited December 1969

Headed out the door to blanket the horse- heavy rain moving in and temperatures are plummeting so have to do this before he gets wet. Will check back in a few hours.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    tjohn said:

Love your new avatar.

It's Subdivision Level, on the Parameters pane. You need to turn it to 3 in order to see the HD morphs in the preview window, but you do not need to change it to render the HD morphs, as the software does the subdivision automatically. DAZ_Jared I think posted about that a while back...I'll see if I can find it...

Edited to add: here's the post.
    Thanks for the correction, Scott. :)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Glad to see you reviewed handy dandy..I just used it today for the first time...fabulous product...sure saves trying to adjust all the finger joints so they look better. I haven't purchased the HD morphs yet, but did get the ones for creature creator and didn't see such a huge difference so I am not sure if I will bother with these ones.

edited November 2013

Okay, found it under Mesh Resolution. From that other thread, it sounds like it may slow down render time if I up it, and it doesn't affect the render (as you said) so I will just leave it alone.

Nova For Victoria 6
    Restless
    Toulouse Hair (In essentials, as mentioned)
    Andrea For Genesis Young Teen Julie

http://www.daz3d.com/andrea-for-genesis-young-teen-julie

This is Andrea AOIBL lights. I increased UE2 from 55% to 64%. you'll like the lights with just a bit of tweaking, depending on the skin materials of the character you're using. From the promo, the lights are for a fairly light skin.

NovaV6HDToulouseHairRestlessAndreaAOIBL2.jpg
    700 x 700 - 210K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Nice to see products I don't own. Thanks for showing that. I love it when characters include light sets. That to me, shows a nice extra thought!

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Glad to see you reviewed handy dandy..I just used it today for the first time...fabulous product...sure saves trying to adjust all the finger joints so they look better. I haven't purchased the HD morphs yet, but did get the ones for creature creator and didn't see such a huge difference so I am not sure if I will bother with these ones.

Thanks, Kharma! I'm glad you like Handy Dandy, and it was so nice of you to post. I can't figure out why they say "Kharma is a..." well, you know :)

edited December 1969

Okay, this is going to be totally ridiculous to ask, but I am getting confused. I have V6 High Definition loaded (consider that my base model.) Then I loaded on Nova. How do I get Nova off? If I load another Genesis 2 figure, will it erase Nova and keep the high definition? I'm going nuts here.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Okay, this is going to be totally ridiculous to ask, but I am getting confused. I have V6 High Definition loaded (consider that my base model.) Then I loaded on Nova. How do I get Nova off? If I load another Genesis 2 figure, will it erase Nova and keep the high definition? I'm going nuts here.

Who is Nova? Is that a texture set, or a morph?

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Kharma said:

Thanks, Kharma! I'm glad you like Handy Dandy, and it was so nice of you to post. I can't figure out why they say "Kharma is a..." well, you know :)

Well, I like that. (Fake pout) Scott-L mentions it, he doesn't get a thank you.
    I review it. Is there a thank you? Not a peep.
    But pretty Kharma posts, and a certain vendor is doing a stately bow and murmuring "Many thanks my fair lady."

We need to change our avatars Scott-L!
    (Slosh and I really are friends, we even live in the same state. I hope everyone knows I'm poking fun here.)

edited December 1969

She is a shape (morph) and a texture (materials). She is a "character" under Genesis 2.
    (Surprised you're speaking to me, lol. Guess you hadn't read my poking fun at you post.)

edited December 1969

That was in the original post on the previous page. She's quite pretty, SereneNight and I had reviewed her a few weeks ago.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited November 2013

there is also Nova for Victoria 3 by 3DCelebrity but the store's page doesn't load.

The preview render is at:
    http://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/240x312/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/n/o/nova-large_1.jpg

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

We must have been typing our responses at the same time, cuz I didn't see your pouty post until later. Granted, a horse is not quite as attractive to me as a pretty girl, and well, Scott's a dude, but my excuse is much worse than favoritism, probably. My reason for replying to Kharma is two reasons: One, I wanted to make the kharma joke, and 2. I saw the words "handy dandy" in the thread list and opened it to read what was said. I don't often to get to read most threads, especially ones as long as this one, so I didn't get to see Scott's comment, and are you sure I didn't thank you when you reviewed it? I believe you if you say I didn't, but I feel like I did. Might have been SPEX or something, though. Anyway, we were talking about you in PA chat a few days ago. Good stuff, really. Cake One was saying how nice you and SereneNight are in this thread when reviewing products, and everyone agreed.

edited December 1969

Novica said:

If Nova shape was applied via a preset, there will either be a "REM" preset to take her out, or there might even be a dial for her in the shaping tab. If it's a preset and you apply a different character preset, it should replace Nova instead of mixing with her. If Nova has dials, it will most likely add on top of her morphs, instead of replacing them. Either way, the V6 HD morphs should remain in place until you dial them out.

edited December 1969

This is fun. I'm liking the discussion of High Definition characters. I am drooling with envy at those who have picked them up, but I'm saving my last dinero for Male-M3dia. I know he has a character coming out soon, but I don't have much money left, and want to make sure to pick up his creation with what I've scrimped. =-)

Did anyone get the high definition Michael? If so, can you throw us a render of the Bjorn skin? Just curious what he looks like.

edited December 1969

I'm doing Katrina now, I just started from scratch with V6 HD while waiting on an explanation. Thank you so much!

I hadn't done Handy Dandy before, it was your wonderful glasses we discussed. So happy to see more products from you. Anything coming down the pike that you can drop a hint on? It's nice to know the PA's think we're doing a fair job on the reviews. We try.

edited November 2013

Novica, do you have the HD version of Victoria 6 now? I think missed the post where you said you bought it.

edit: I found the answer on the previous page. :)

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Adjusting the Josie Head and the Cassie Head and getting it closer to the skull didn't affect that skull cap line. So unless someone has other ideas, this hair is "thin." I'm sure I am just not doing something. Anyway, here's the face closer up (with the HD Victoria as the base.)

That is a nice closeup. I keep forgetting that I can mix and match different heads and body shapes with Genesis. Ok, looks like you bought HD Victoria. I missed these past few posts.

edited December 1969

Catrina
    Don't Just Stand There
    Sporty Braid
    Sneaking Out

http://www.daz3d.com/catrina
    http://www.daz3d.com/don-t-just-stand-there
    http://www.daz3d.com/sporty-braid
    http://www.daz3d.com/sneaking-out-clothes-for-genesis-2-female-s

This is still testing the Andrea AOIBL lights, seeing how they do on other figures. All of the products here are out of the box- and they went on spendidly.

These are all really easy to apply to the figure, the Sporty Braid has extremely easy movement sliders so you can make the three sections go front, back, side, whatever you'd like to do with it. Lots of fun there! The Sneaking Out Clothes are unusual and very aptly named, and the Don't Just Stand There pose pack has natural and easy going poses.

I'm doing a closeup of Catrina. I'll also look to see if I have Bjorn.

CatrinaSneakOutSportyBraidAndreaAOIBL2.jpg
    336 x 677 - 72K
    edited December 1969

How long did it take to render that image? I tried Andrea IBL light once and Daz Studio spent about nine minutes. The IBL lights are nice. Thanks for reviewing them and posting images of the different light setups.

This discussion has been closed.