[Updated to V1.3 - now MacOS support] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

Comments

• Alberto,ya estoy mejorando,le agarre el hilo a FLUIDOS y ahora funciona una joyita,se agradece el soporte tecnico,despues te muestro como quedo lo que hice.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Alberto,ya estoy mejorando,le agarre el hilo a FLUIDOS y ahora funciona una joyita,se agradece el soporte tecnico,despues te muestro como quedo lo que hice.

¡Me alegro! smiley

edited September 2018

This video is an example of torque and and a new line -type force (an update to be released soon)

This is a still render:

forces.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 515K
    Post edited by Alberto on
  • GazukullGazukull Posts: 96
    edited September 2018

Silly question - how do you export the Mesher to an obj or prop...? I guess I should just try object to prop right now...

EDIT:  Export -> Obj -> Reimport.  Ok awesome!

Post edited by Gazukull on
  • Very nice looking addon, and could be the answer to a problem of having to learn how to do all of this in PS/GIMP. If its a natural way to use fluids in still renders, it would be exactly what I need! After reading this thread, I'm assuming it can do these things, but I want to ask before buying, just to be sure. 1. Can you make multiple sources, each with different velocities and viscosity? 2. Can the source be from the sides of an object, and spill naturally on the ground, as if it were from the side of a gas/water tank struck by a vehicle, or bullets? Can the source be shaped, to mimic small holes or gashes? 3. Can the source be a model, as in sneezing, spitting, vomiting, bleeding, or comically projectile crying? (Sorry for grossing people out!) 4. Has anyone called you a hero for doing something like this? Sorry if all of these questions seem self evident. I'm both new, and dense, at times. Very excited to hear answers either way, and thanks for reading, if you have!
    Very nice looking addon, and could be the answer to a problem of having to learn how to do all of this in PS/GIMP. If its a natural way to use fluids in still renders, it would be exactly what I need! After reading this thread, I'm assuming it can do these things, but I want to ask before buying, just to be sure. 1. Can you make multiple sources, each with different velocities and viscosity? 2. Can the source be from the sides of an object, and spill naturally on the ground, as if it were from the side of a gas/water tank struck by a vehicle, or bullets? Can the source be shaped, to mimic small holes or gashes? 3. Can the source be a model, as in sneezing, spitting, vomiting, bleeding, or comically projectile crying? (Sorry for grossing people out!) 4. Has anyone called you a hero for doing something like this? Sorry if all of these questions seem self evident. I'm both new, and dense, at times. Very excited to hear answers either way, and thanks for reading, if you have!

Answers:

1. You can make multiple sources with different velocities, but the viscosity parameter is controled by the Domain. However, you could set more than one independent domain in scene.

2. To do that, you have to move the source to the desired object (this object must not overlap all the source). Although the source has two possible shapes (by now), you can use a solid object to mimic the holes (or gashes), so the fluid the source enter, will follow the free space of holes.

3. As in point 2, if you attach the source to the desired model, you can get those effects (you can see the dragon crying example in the store https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-for-daz-studio). Moreover, any closed model (that is, with a volume) can be used as obstacle for fluids or as an initial fluid itself: you can transform a model in fluid.

4. I don't remember laugh.

Thank you for asking!

• Alberto said:
    Very nice looking addon, and could be the answer to a problem of having to learn how to do all of this in PS/GIMP. If its a natural way to use fluids in still renders, it would be exactly what I need! After reading this thread, I'm assuming it can do these things, but I want to ask before buying, just to be sure. 1. Can you make multiple sources, each with different velocities and viscosity? 2. Can the source be from the sides of an object, and spill naturally on the ground, as if it were from the side of a gas/water tank struck by a vehicle, or bullets? Can the source be shaped, to mimic small holes or gashes? 3. Can the source be a model, as in sneezing, spitting, vomiting, bleeding, or comically projectile crying? (Sorry for grossing people out!) 4. Has anyone called you a hero for doing something like this? Sorry if all of these questions seem self evident. I'm both new, and dense, at times. Very excited to hear answers either way, and thanks for reading, if you have!

Answers:

1. You can make multiple sources with different velocities, but the viscosity parameter is controled by the Domain. However, you could set more than one independent domain in scene.

2. To do that, you have to move the source to the desired object (this object must not overlap all the source). Although the source has two possible shapes (by now), you can use a solid object to mimic the holes (or gashes), so the fluid the source enter, will follow the free space of holes.

3. As in point 2, if you attach the source to the desired model, you can get those effects (you can see the dragon crying example in the store https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-for-daz-studio). Moreover, any closed model (that is, with a volume) can be used as obstacle for fluids or as an initial fluid itself: you can transform a model in fluid.

Thank you for asking!

Awesome, so just to clarify (see prior warning on demsity); any object can emit the fluid, as long as there is a physical hole in the object, or another hole-shaped object attached to it, in order to shape any spraying or leaking? Can I just bring the source close to the object and use perspective or camera tricks to make it look like its projecting the water? I'm assuming the source itself will be transparent. By attach to the model, do you mean parenting it to a specific part of the model? I also assume models automatically block any fluids coming from either itself, or another model, automatically, in order to reach the results desired by crying, or drooling, or even bleeding. Thanks, and sorry for being a dope and/or annoying with my questions.
    Alberto said:

Answers:

Thank you for asking!

Awesome, so just to clarify (see prior warning on demsity); any object can emit the fluid, as long as there is a physical hole in the object, or another hole-shaped object attached to it, in order to shape any spraying or leaking? Can I just bring the source close to the object and use perspective or camera tricks to make it look like its projecting the water? I'm assuming the source itself will be transparent. By attach to the model, do you mean parenting it to a specific part of the model? I also assume models automatically block any fluids coming from either itself, or another model, automatically, in order to reach the results desired by crying, or drooling, or even bleeding. Thanks, and sorry for being a dope and/or annoying with my questions.

There is a specific node called Source the one that emits the fluid, you control its position, rotation and fluid velocity. It can be alone or you can put near an object or partially overlaping it to simulate that the object is the origin of the stream. The Source it not need to be parented to the object, only besides it in space.

About the models, yes, provided they have volume, automatically block any fluid. But, if you wish, the model can be taken as a fluid itself.

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to ask your doubts.

• Alberto said:
    Alberto said:

Answers:

Thank you for asking!

There is a specific node called Source the one that emits the fluid, you control its position, rotation and fluid velocity. It can be alone or you can put near an object or partially overlaping it to simulate that the object is the origin of the stream. The Source it not need to be parented to the object, only besides it in space.

About the models, yes, provided they have volume, automatically block any fluid. But, if you wish, the model can be taken as a fluid itself.

Fantastic! I look forward to getting to know it! Thanks so much!
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:

Answers:

Thank you for asking!

You're welcome!

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,905
    edited September 2018

4. I did! cheeky

Kirbawirba, the plugin can do all you want and even more, I can assure you!

Anyway, there's a little trick I found to make what you need even with closed meshes! wink

First set up your scene and domain. Parent the Source with the prop you want to leak so it can follow its movements (for example you want the tank to be more rotated, you can do it without moving again the Source). Position the source where the hole is, put it under the surface so the Source is fully covered by the mesh. Now, using a D-Former make the surface around the Sorce dent in, until the Source is fully out of the surface.
    Start the simulation with th D-Force at 100%. Once finished move the D-Force slider to 0% so the surface is back the normal. Now the fluid should "exit" from the holes.

If you are a bit more skilled you could create and use Morphs (I do that) that brings better results and more control on the scene!

Post edited by Imago on
  • Alberto said:

It's good to know your interest. In fact, I was considering using OpenVDB in that FLUIDOS version.

OpenVDB generation would be awesome.

Standalone 3Delight (Studio Pro and all the "big name" plugins) can render OpenVDB as well. DS built-in version crashes when attempting to link that DLL, but maybe DAZ devs could look into it (if their built-in 3Delight licence includes shadeop expansion via DLLs, that is).

Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Anyway, there's a little trick I found to make what you need even with closed meshes! wink

First set up your scene and domain. Parent the Source with the prop you want to leak so it can follow its movements (for example you want the tank to be more rotated, you can do it without moving again the Source). Position the source where the hole is, put it under the surface so the Source is fully covered by the mesh. Now, using a D-Former make the surface around the Sorce dent in, until the Source is fully out of the surface.
    Start the simulation with th D-Force at 100%. Once finished move the D-Force slider to 0% so the surface is back the normal. Now the fluid should "exit" from the holes.

If you are a bit more skilled you could create and use Morphs (I do that) that brings better results and more control on the scene!

Thank you, Imago. smiley

Alberto said:
    Alberto said:

Answers:

Thank you for asking!

Imago was betatester of Fluidos Plugin. He has a lot of experience in Fluidos, and knows many tricks.

Alberto said:

It's good to know your interest. In fact, I was considering using OpenVDB in that FLUIDOS version.

OpenVDB generation would be awesome.

Standalone 3Delight (Studio Pro and all the "big name" plugins) can render OpenVDB as well. DS built-in version crashes when attempting to link that DLL, but maybe DAZ devs could look into it (if their built-in 3Delight licence includes shadeop expansion via DLLs, that is).

Thank you for the information.

• Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Awesome advice, thanks! Just one little question... how do I launch the tutorials and stuff? Put in my serial number and everything and everything shows up in the file/edit/tools, but I'm a little lost as to how to get started. Lol sorry...
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Awesome advice, thanks! Just one little question... how do I launch the tutorials and stuff? Put in my serial number and everything and everything shows up in the file/edit/tools, but I'm a little lost as to how to get started. Lol sorry...

The video tutorials should be in this subfolder of your Daz Studio library " /General/Alvin Bémar/FLUIDOS for Daz Studio".

And the manual y recipes should be in the "ReadMe's" subfolder of your Studio library (they are two pdfs: "54155_fluidos-user-manual.pdf" and "54155_fluidos-recipes-guide.pdf".

• Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

The video tutorials should be in this subfolder of your Daz Studio library " /General/Alvin Bémar/FLUIDOS for Daz Studio".

And the manual y recipes should be in the "ReadMe's" subfolder of your Studio library (they are two pdfs: "54155_fluidos-user-manual.pdf" and "54155_fluidos-recipes-guide.pdf".

I'll take a look when I get to my computer! I really appreciate the help, advice and time you guys have given me! Thank you so much!
  • kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 121
    edited September 2018
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

I'll take a look when I get to my computer! I really appreciate the help, advice and time you guys have given me! Thank you so much!

Videos are very well done, and it seems straightforward! Going through the readme's now! Awesome! Edit: ok so I'm following the first example and the fountain example to the letter, and every time I go to run the simulation, the dialog box comes up with a grid size and continue saved. I hit "ok", and it gives me a bunch of errors about missing items. Any more suggestions?
    Post edited by kirbawirba on
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Videos are very well done, and it seems straightforward! Going through the readme's now! Awesome! Edit: ok so I'm following the first example and the fountain example to the letter, and every time I go to run the simulation, the dialog box comes up with a grid size and continue saved. I hit "ok", and it gives me a bunch of errors about missing items. Any more suggestions?

Could you show me your setup (nodes in Scene tab), and used properties of Fluid Domain and of the Source/sink, please?

Try again too the example scenes (there are in "/Scenes/AlvinBemar/Fluidos" of your libraray or you can download from the links in my signature).

• Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Could you show me your setup (nodes in Scene tab), and used properties of Fluid Domain and of the Source/sink, please?

Try again too the example scenes (there are in "/Scenes/AlvinBemar/Fluidos" of your libraray or you can download from the links in my signature).

Oh, sorry, I closed it out. let me see if I can whip it up again, and get the error and I'll show you.

• Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Oh, sorry, I closed it out.

I updated my drivers and the first example worked! Sweet!

I guess I don't have to remind you that I warned you I'm dense! :D

edited September 2018
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

The good point is that you found the solution. I'm glad, smiley

Oh, by the way, read this about a bug :https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3928161/#Comment_3928161

The update was submited days ago, Soon will be ready for users. It includes two new forces (one of them can simulate wind over water)

Post edited by Alberto on
  • Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Oh, by the way, read this about a bug :https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3928161/#Comment_3928161

The update was submited days ago, Soon will be ready for users. It includes two new forces (one of them can simulate wind over water)

Sounds great!

I still can't get the fountain example to work, though. I must be doing something dumb, but every time I set up the meshes, only one frame appears from what seems like the middle of the simulation, and it doesn't render the whole run from beginning to end. I tried a simpler exercise with one emitter, and no particles to see if that was what I was setting up wrong, and it still does it.

Falling sphere of water works perfectly and looks awesome!

Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Sounds great!

I still can't get the fountain example to work, though. I must be doing something dumb, but every time I set up the meshes, only one frame appears from what seems like the middle of the simulation, and it doesn't render the whole run from beginning to end. I tried a simpler exercise with one emitter, and no particles to see if that was what I was setting up wrong, and it still does it.

Try this duf: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/49/d8d22c8abbbab6b9108f94699f2229.duf

It has a Source/Sink that throws the fluid upward, as in the fountain example. 

Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Argh, noticed only now! DForm not DForce! blush

Sorry, sorry... My fault... Mea culpa! *beats his chest three times*

• kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 121
    edited September 2018
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Alberto said:
    Alberto said:
    Imago said:

4. I did! cheeky

Sounds great!

Try this duf: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/49/d8d22c8abbbab6b9108f94699f2229.duf

It has a Source/Sink that throws the fluid upward, as in the fountain example. 

Now that works perfectly, too! I must not be doing something right. I was only putting in a source, not a sink, first of all, and I may be confused on how the key frames work. You have to set completion to 100% when you have the last keyframe selected, right?

Edit: Also, how do I apply a shader to it?

Edit2: You guys are the most patient, helpful people on the internet. I want to make sure you know I appreciate your help and hand-holding. Thank you so much, and feel free to tell me to bugger off, at any time if I get too anoying! :D

Post edited by kirbawirba on

Now that works perfectly, too! I must not be doing something right. I was only putting in a source, not a sink, first of all, and I may be confused on how the key frames work. You have to set completion to 100% when you have the last keyframe selected, right?

Right!

Edit: Also, how do I apply a shader to it?

Apply the shader to the Mesher.

Edit2: You guys are the most patient, helpful people on the internet. I want to make sure you know I appreciate your help and hand-holding. Thank you so much, and feel free to tell me to bugger off, at any time if I get too anoying! :D

Don't worry, ask any question you may have. Daz forums are this way; later, you could help others! smiley

Another demo:

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,342
    edited September 2018

I watched the two tutorials so far and tried to recreate a test scene with

Domain

Source

Sink

Mesher

Mesher for Particles

- - -

1st simulation

I first had the sizes for Domain and the two meshers at (x / y / z / = 100 / 100 / 100)

Run the simulation. No issues.

- - -

2nd simulation

Resized the Domain and the two meshers to 200 / 200 / 200.

Changed position of source and sink.

For the first few frames the new simulation properties are used as expected.

Then towards 3/4 of simulation the results of the 1st simulation are displayed.

- - -

Update / Edit:

It now seems that this saved simulation is showing up in each new simulation even when I create a scene from scratch.

- - -

Is it necessary to create each new simulation from scratch in a new scene?

Or is there a way to clear the first simulation somehow before running a second simulation in the same scene?

Do I have to manually delete the contents of the baked folder before starting a new simulation?

In general how do I remove the simulation data from the .duf scene file?

result 2nd simulation.png
    1920 x 1080 - 263K
    1st sim results in second sim.png
    1920 x 1080 - 303K
    Post edited by linvanchene on

Do you use always the same output folder? Try using different folders for each simulation you make so the results are always separate.

You can "reset" your simulation by simply deleting the folders inside the destination path you chose (don't delete the destination path, just the folders inside that! For example C:\MyOutput\Bakefile, You should delete the Bakefile folder not MyOutput.) Doing that the simulation will be reset.