[Updated to V1.3 - now MacOS support] FLUIDOS: a fluids simulator plugin for Daz Studio (commercial)

1161718192022»

Comments

• I have Fluidos and the Spring presets. I'm using the lastest version of Daz3d Studio 4.12 64 bit. I don't understand how you would use it for animation. Basically the source is the starting point and the sink is the end. If I understand correctly no matter how many frames you select you must set the last frame of the mesh to 100%  I chose 75 as an example. It takes approximately 65 frames for the water to reach the end leaving only around 10 frames left in which to loop from. That comes off looking very choppy and certainly not very smooth like in the Spring video. What am I missing and what do I need to change? Thanks! 

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Set ON the Start from preset option when starting the simulation. The preset saves you the frames needed for the water to reach the sink. Since the first frame, the water stream is complete.

• eequihuaeequihua Posts: 5

Hi Alvin

I need your help to create a simulation of Daz3d fluids preset waves, I have no problem with creating the 0 preset, but even I following your PDF indications to create a simulation with 30 frames I see nothing happen.

thx

eequihua said:

Hi Alvin

I need your help to create a simulation of Daz3d fluids preset waves, I have no problem with creating the 0 preset, but even I following your PDF indications to create a simulation with 30 frames I see nothing happen.

thx

Hi, Eequihua:

Of course!

Could you upload screeshots of the properties Domain and Mesher, and  of the timeline, please?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited June 2021

I am starting super easy. I bought both FluidOS for DAZ Studio & the FluidOS Wave Presets today & installed them along with the license key. I opened one of the 7 example scenes you included. I rendered. However, I only got very lackadaisical render that really don't look so much like the ocean. I am using DAZ Studio Pro 4.15.0.14 Public Beta.

Here is an image showing what I mean.

DAZ Studio Pro 4.15.0.14 Public Beta.png
    1903 x 1023 - 792K
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on

nonesuch00 said:

I am starting super easy. I bought both FluidOS for DAZ Studio & the FluidOS Wave Presets today & installed them along with the license key. I opened one of the 7 example scenes you included. I rendered. However, I only got very lackadaisical render that really don't look so much like the ocean. I am using DAZ Studio Pro 4.15.0.14 Public Beta.

You first have to run the simulation (be sure to enable Start from preset) and then enable the meshers to see the waves. More detailed instruction are in the "How to use the preset scenes" section of the Manual. 

If you have more doubts, let me know, please.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Alberto said:

nonesuch00 said:

You first have to run the simulation (be sure to enable Start from preset) and then enable the meshers to see the waves. More detailed instruction are in the "How to use the preset scenes" section of the Manual. 

Yes, I prefered page 26 of the manual but I did find the PDF you wrote for the waves presets product as well. DAZ 3D needs to integrate 3rd party manuals better into the installed DAZ Studio products. I'm disappointed I can't save the waves as an ocean mesh so I can just open the ocean scene & render though.

Thanks very much. Thery look good!

nonesuch00 said:

Alberto said:

nonesuch00 said:

Yes, I prefered page 26 of the manual but I did find the PDF you wrote for the waves presets product as well. DAZ 3D needs to integrate 3rd party manuals better into the installed DAZ Studio products. I'm disappointed I can't save the waves as an ocean mesh so I can just open the ocean scene & render though.

Thanks very much. Thery look good!

You're welcome!

The manual (59001_fluidos-presets-waves-manual.pdf) should be in your library folder at  "/ReadMe`s /" . Or you can also download it from this page: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/59001/start

Do you want to save the waves? No problem. The first time you run the simulation, the data files conserve the waves. Only have to enable the meshers. Moreover, if you save the scene with the waves vsible, when you reload the scene, the waves will be there.

Or you can save the waves itself as an .obj file (export separately the water mesher and the whitewater mesher, reimport the .objs, aply the corresponding materials and save the scene.

• Brugan said:

To add serial number:

On this website, go to My Account

Click Serial Numbers and copy the serial number for the Fluidos Product

Next go into studio

Go to Help/About installed plugins

Scroll down to the Fluidos Product, paste the serial number and click OK, then restart studio and you should be up and running :)

Nope. It's not in the installed plugins even after DIM install.

Ok that's wierd. Try uninstall/reinstall?

Did you get a popup for a C++ install when dim was installing it?

melinacabaret said:

Brugan said:

To add serial number:

On this website, go to My Account

Click Serial Numbers and copy the serial number for the Fluidos Product

Next go into studio

Go to Help/About installed plugins

Scroll down to the Fluidos Product, paste the serial number and click OK, then restart studio and you should be up and running :)

Nope. It's not in the installed plugins even after DIM install.

Ok that's wierd. Try uninstall/reinstall?

Did you get a popup for a C++ install when dim was installing it?

Be sure you installed "FLUIDOS for Daz Studio (Win 64-bit)" (or 32-bit) or  "FLUIDOS for Daz Studio (Mac 64-bit)", depending on your OS; this contains the plugin itself. When you get the popup for the C++ redistributable click in Install. If it says that the installation of the Redistributable has failed, don't worry, the redistributable was already installed, this "error" doesn't stop the installation of FLUIDOS.