Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Oh, I didn't realize it was due to mesh limitations.  I certainly did not mean to denegrate your efforts.  I thought it was strictly a conscious choice reflecting what has been done in the comics.  Yeah, that is closer to the Doc from my childhood (the 70s).

Sometime ago I made my own attempt (which can be seen upon the first page of this thread).  I opted to fit him within a lumpy, baggy haz-mat suit with the bulky harness, more or less reflecting his debut, but applied the gold and green color scheme of his "classic era".  I have since refined that concept, going really "old school" by adding the "rotary telephone dial" type controls present upon that first harness (not yet present in my older render).

Sincerely,

Bill

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

I think I like the portly Doc Ock better. Nice image either way. I recognize many of the pieces except Ock’s arms. Where did you get those?

Those would be:  https://www.daz3d.com/strands-of-horror-for-genesis-2

Really awesome product.  I would love to use the chains version for a Spawn character, but need to find a lot of differnt pieces to make that guy.

• I own a bunch of Sickelyields stuff. Somehow I missed this one. Thanks!

Redfern said:

Oh, I didn't realize it was due to mesh limitations.  I certainly did not mean to denegrate your efforts.  I thought it was strictly a conscious choice reflecting what has been done in the comics.  Yeah, that is closer to the Doc from my childhood (the 70s).

Sometime ago I made my own attempt (which can be seen upon the first page of this thread).  I opted to fit him within a lumpy, baggy haz-mat suit with the bulky harness, more or less reflecting his debut, but applied the gold and green color scheme of his "classic era".  I have since refined that concept, going really "old school" by adding the "rotary telephone dial" type controls present upon that first harness (not yet present in my older render).

Sincerely,

Bill

No offense taken.  This was pretty much the closest I can get considering my kit bashing skills.

Love your classic Doc Ock.  Very well done.

My attempt at Colossus.

Colossus.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 2M

Smay's Superhero Suit for G2F was made for this one.

Rogue.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 2M

Ok, so this one has been giving me problems. I have normally been able to hide the seams issue with Smay's Superhero Suit for G2M but this time it isn't working out very well.  I make all my textures for diffuse, bump and displacement in Photoshop, but the problem is that I have no program to use that can unwrap the UVs and no way to fix the seams.  So I am doing lots of trial and error which is really frustrating.

Mysterio Test.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 506K
    Mysterio Test Closeup.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 1M
  • RafmerRafmer Posts: 564
    edited February 2018

A very old Scarlet Witch outfit in action.

scarlet2.jpg
    834 x 1080 - 113K
    Post edited by Rafmer on
    edited February 2018

My take on Mysterio.  Not sure why the glass sphere shape has jaggies.

Mysterio G2M.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 982K
    Post edited by Geminii23 on
  • Geminii23 said:

Cool.

I'd sub-d the sphere one or two times (as any 3D sphere is actually a multi-sided something-gon) - that should cure the jaggies.

Geminii23 said:

Cool.

I'd sub-d the sphere one or two times (as any 3D sphere is actually a multi-sided something-gon) - that should cure the jaggies.

Awesome!  Thanks for that suggestion.  It look smuch better now.

Mysterio G2M fixed.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 975K
  • Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:

Cool.

Way better yes

• Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:

Cool.

This is a very nice update to his costume. I like the patterns added to the side of his costume: it makes him look more modern. For a comic book character, though, I would expect the silver reflections to look brighter. Nevertheless, I really like this. Nice work on the mist/smoke, too!

Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:

Cool.

This is a very nice update to his costume. I like the patterns added to the side of his costume: it makes him look more modern. For a comic book character, though, I would expect the silver reflections to look brighter. Nevertheless, I really like this. Nice work on the mist/smoke, too!

Thanks.  I actually pull the opacity down on the helmet cause I wanted to try and show the silhouette of his skull inside.

Here is a quick take on the Punisher.

Punisher G2M.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 2M

So here is my attempt at Aquaman.

Aquaman G2M.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 2M

And here is Captain America attempt #2.  I think this one turned out much better than my previous efforts.

Captain America G3M.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 2M
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Attempt?  Author looks great.  OF course if your doing the movie version then his hair would need to be long and dark and wavy and he's now sporting a beard but other than that... your Aquaman rocks the waves! 

RAMWolff said:

Attempt?  Author looks great.  OF course if your doing the movie version then his hair would need to be long and dark and wavy and he's now sporting a beard but other than that... your Aquaman rocks the waves! 

Thanks!  I was going for a bit more classic suit inspiration.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Great stuff, Geminii23! Kudos! :)

RKane_1 said:

Great stuff, Geminii23! Kudos! :)

Thanks!  Here is a new WIP of Mr. Freeze.

Mr_Freeze 1.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 574K
    Mr_Freeze 2.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 460K
    Mr_Freeze 3.jpg
    2160 x 1728 - 540K
  • Geminii23 said:

And here is Captain America attempt #2.  I think this one turned out much better than my previous efforts.

Very impressive work. This is more like the movie costume from the first movie, but it still has a very nice look to it.

Geminii23 said:

Very impressive work. This is more like the movie costume from the first movie, but it still has a very nice look to it.

Thanks.  Yeah, I sorta took inspiration from a few different images online and then tried to come up with my own texture for the suit that made sense to me.

Here is a mockup of Magneto.

Magneto G2M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

So I decided to try out a different environment, lighting and presentation style to showcase my character presets.  Basic but easier than trying to find the right poses all the time.  Thoughts?

Magneto G2M-2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1021K
    Venom G3M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 840K
    Joker G8-2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 996K
    Poison Ivy G2F.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Deadshot G2M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 953K
    Mr Freeze G3M-2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

OC work

Learning to Fly

OC work

Learning to Fly

Nice scene.  The lighting is really great on that!

Decided to update my attempt at Deadpool.  I wasn't happy with my previous version so I spent a bit more time customizing the texture for the suit.

Deadpool G2M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 999K

And here is the latest of my Wolverine textures.  Classic Blue and Yellow.

Wolverine Blue G2M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • @Geminii23 Your superheros are amazing. They all look spot on. yes

@Geminii23 Your superheros are amazing. They all look spot on. yes

Thanks!  I have been on a serious kit bashing streak and trying to make as many custom comic characters as I can.  I have been saving them as presets for future use.

Robin for G2M

Robin G2M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 995K
This discussion has been closed.