Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I am working on Mr Miracle and Big Barda...

I still need her helmet, weapon, her mantle, belt, and her arm and leg straps.

I need his cape and collar, boots, and gloves. The flight discs I can fake easily enough.

I guess I better learn modelling. :) Anyone out there who can help out? :)

edited September 2017

Huh?

This is with Genesis in 3Delight. :) Working on updating him but will likely buy Crakalac just for the lovely textures.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • Just turn him orange and matte.

Just turn him orange and matte.

He is orange.... and matte. :) He can always be made more orange if that is your preference. I liked him looking more stone-like so I added a little brown to not make him a bright, garish color but that is a matter of taste. :)

• RKane_1 said:

He is orange.... and matte. :) He can always be made more orange if that is your preference. I liked him looking more stone-like so I added a little brown to not make him a bright, garish color but that is a matter of taste. :)

I think they were talking about Crackelac, not your render ;)

RKane_1 said:

Aah... D'OH! :)

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yeah yours is great.
    edited September 2017
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yeah yours is great.

Thank you so much! :) I LOVE the texture on this new one, though. Phenomenal. HD wins again. I just wish they would let US know how HD is done. :)

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,534

Amazon Justice

Amazon Justice by tkdrobert

• RKane_1 said:

Huh?

This is with Genesis in 3Delight. :) Working on updating him but will likely buy Crakalac just for the lovely textures.

Is that one of JoeQuick's F4 morphs brought over to Genesis?

RKane_1 said:

Huh?

Is that one of JoeQuick's F4 morphs brought over to Genesis?

Nope, one of my own. :) And I thank you for comparing my work to someone whom I consider so highly. Having your work compared to JoeQuick's is a compliment. :)

• Here are my original characters, Crimson Angel and her primary enemies (and siblings) Beta and Omega.

poster ele 1.jpg
    901 x 1856 - 1M
    beta.jpg
    901 x 1856 - 2M
    omega.jpg
    901 x 1856 - 1018K

Here are my original characters, Crimson Angel and her primary enemies (and siblings) Beta and Omega.

Nice. :)

• RKane_1 said:

Here are my original characters, Crimson Angel and her primary enemies (and siblings) Beta and Omega.

Thanks! Hopefully someday I'll make the comic... 

RKane_1 said:

Thanks! Hopefully someday I'll make the comic... 

Baby steps, man. Baby steps. :) Just keep moving foreward. :)

edited September 2017

Well, since there are no modellers out there wanting to invest time (I understand as I barely have any myself) I have decided to give it a shot. Here is Barda So far in ZBrush.... this could take a WHILE.

Barda-ZBrush.jpg
    859 x 944 - 23K
    Barda-ZBrush002.jpg
    736 x 835 - 40K
  • I know alot of people don't consider him a superhero, but... Here comes our hero Ultraman!

Untitled-1.jpg
    792 x 1224 - 429K
    the cast of Ultraman Zenith redo.jpg
    1854 x 901 - 2M
    specium ray.jpg
    1854 x 901 - 1M
    ultra battle redo.jpg
    1852 x 901 - 454K

The Ultraman I remember from the 70 was a hero, no doubt.  Awesome renders.

• tkdrobert said:

The Ultraman I remember from the 70 was a hero, no doubt.  Awesome renders.

Thanks! Alot of my fellow Gfans consider him to be simply a hero, but also just a variation on regular Kaiju tropes. Or, conversely, they see the Ultra shows as NOT kaiju stuff. Which is funny cos Ultraman always fights kaiju, giant robots or giant aliens. What REALLY gets me, though, is that alot of Gfans don't like Ultraman shows at all. I just cannot understand why, except when it's a series really meant for kids, like Ultraman Taro or Ultraman Ginga (which is just a toy ad disguised as a series).

• Here are my original characters, Crimson Angel and her primary enemies (and siblings) Beta and Omega.

I do like the premise of these characters. However, speaking strictly from an editorial point of view, you should consider changing Omega's contrast color from red to blue (or green). I suggest this because, in a crowded panel or a long shot, it might be possible to confuse Crimson Angel and Omega because they both have costumes that are black and red. 

These are cool designs, as I said, but side-by-side they seem a bit similar. At least to my tired old eyes! Cool concepts -- looking forward to seeing more. 

I do like the premise of these characters. However, speaking strictly from an editorial point of view, you should consider changing Omega's contrast color from red to blue (or green). I suggest this because, in a crowded panel or a long shot, it might be possible to confuse Crimson Angel and Omega because they both have costumes that are black and red. 

These are cool designs, as I said, but side-by-side they seem a bit similar. At least to my tired old eyes! Cool concepts -- looking forward to seeing more. 

That is deliberate. They are identical twins, and Omega's outfit(which she would really only wear occasionally) is meant to mock Crimson Angel's. I can't say much more, because I have most of the story worked out, and don't wanna give anything away... Just in case I ever do make the comic.

That is deliberate. They are identical twins, and Omega's outfit(which she would really only wear occasionally) is meant to mock Crimson Angel's. I can't say much more, because I have most of the story worked out, and don't wanna give anything away... Just in case I ever do make the comic.

Perhaps then change where the red and black are placed if you want to denote they are similar but different. So if Omega has a black top and red bottom and Crimson has the opposite, they stand apart but still seems similar. That way they will stand out more in contrast on the page. Just my two cents.

• RKane_1 said:

Perhaps then change where the red and black are placed if you want to denote they are similar but different. So if Omega has a black top and red bottom and Crimson has the opposite, they stand apart but still seems similar. That way they will stand out more in contrast on the page. Just my two cents.

Like I said, I can't give away anything, but it must stay the way it is. :) It's deliberately the way it is.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,700

It's looking good. I'm enjoying the new series quite a bit,  one of the best things I've read in a long time. I'd thought about doing Scott and Barda for a while (and because I love the bwahaha era league). 

One of my first freebies was a barda helmet (I just mashed a bunch of primitives together and shaped them in zbrush).   But yeah, time.  There just isn't time anymore.

If you want help texturing, and you don't have substance painter, I can bang something out once you've got the modeling and uv mapping done.

RKane_1 said:

Well, since there are no modellers out there wanting to invest time (I understand as I barely have any myself) I have decided to give it a shot. Here is Barda So far in ZBrush.... this could take a WHILE.

JoeQuick said:

It's looking good. I'm enjoying the new series quite a bit,  one of the best things I've read in a long time. I'd thought about doing Scott and Barda for a while (and because I love the bwahaha era league). 

One of my first freebies was a barda helmet (I just mashed a bunch of primitives together and shaped them in zbrush).   But yeah, time.  There just isn't time anymore.

If you want help texturing, and you don't have substance painter, I can bang something out once you've got the modeling and uv mapping done.

RKane_1 said:

Wow. I am truly honored, Joe. :)  I will be honest and let know I have never UV mapped anything before. I was just going to have it done with shaders but like HELL am I going to turn down and opportunity to collaborate with you! :) I will LEARN how to UV map it. I still am figuring out crease placement on the helmet  and then will tackle her chestplate and the body suit.

My favorite scene of all time? "One punch! ONE PUNCH!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" :)

Thanks again and I am MORE than overjoyed to see this through with ya! :)

edited September 2017
    RKane_1 said:

Like I said, I can't give away anything, but it must stay the way it is. :) It's deliberately the way it is.

Joe I have a lot of your free stuff.  You do good work.  Thank you so much for what you've done.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    edited September 2017
    tkdrobert said:

Joe I have a lot of your free stuff.  You do good work.  Thank you so much for what you've done.

Joe is an amazing talent. His "Golden Age" set for M4 is free and amazing. It's at ShareCG and I make a lot of my hero renders with it. :)

He also has a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold for Genesis that is great!

RKane_1 said:
    tkdrobert said:

Joe is an amazing talent. His "Golden Age" set for M4 is free and amazing. It's at ShareCG and I make a lot of my hero renders with it. :)

I discovered Golden Age recently after I got M4 and it's awesome.

tkdrobert said:
    RKane_1 said:
    tkdrobert said:

I discovered Golden Age recently after I got M4 and it's awesome.

Absolutely. And the outifts work really well with autofit and "Wear them All" on G3M. :)

This discussion has been closed.