Report sales errors here. Missed it? No worries. "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,727

Oh, and I already own 430 of those 1000 items blushblushblush

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Nath said:
    Nath said:
    Novica said:

Well there certainly is a lot of offerings if you buy The Girl Pro Bundle and 3 add-ons. My goodness! $30 off Genesis 8 items, $65 off Genesis 3 items, and $100 off Genesis 2 items. 

And not a single thing of what's on offer is in my wishlist laugh

There are nearly 1,000 items - I'm sure you'll find something...

Only if I go looking ;-) And I'm not interested in The Girl, so today my money stays where it is.

+1 (I actually like the Girl 7 figure better.)

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

Wow, that Genesis 2 sale was really timely! I picked up a few nice new things, including an Iray Converter that I just happened to decide I needed earlier in the day. Too bad I was limited by budget. I wanted a lot more than I could afford...

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

Okay, I'm not a fan of the Girl at all, ever... This iteration of her, though, I absolutely adore. Now to pore over the offerings... Wish they'd had this kind of a deal on Floyd. I ended up dumping my Floyd cart and buying Zevo's aging morphs instead.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Normally I wouldn't buy the pro bundle at this price. And nothing from my wishlist is in the offerings. But I could still find stuff for that almost $200 that they threw in, so it looks like a first-day buy. :)

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Girl 8: generous deal, but don't need the character and am annoyed by the toony textures for outfits that would probably work fine in a real world setting. Thanks for the M4V4 sale last night-I bought Windsong Hair and an Antfarm mecha for $6 and change.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited June 2018

I see where DAZ is going with a flat monetary discount for a range of items instead of free base characters. They've got loyal buyers who are saturated on main characters and who are being very picky about V8 generation characters. But... at $69 with 3 items (I could have gone cheaper if I had gone with items I didn't want,) with the loyalty discount, $100 of Genesis 2 stuff, $65 of Genesis 3 stuff, or $35 of Victoria 8 stuff isn't enough to make me buy in to another The Girl figure. 

The base prices need to come down, or the incentive bonus amounts need to go way up - or the figures and pro-bundles need to really appeal to me. They haven't found the magic marketing place for me, anyhow. 

On additional research, today's deal On The Girl 8 is incredible, and she is now in my content library. I did not understand the terms of the sale completely. 

Post edited by donovancolbert on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

The flash sale last night was pretty decent, though. 

• Hey, a new pirate outfit came out today!  And a figure..

Not at all interested in The Girl, but I'll add my data points in.  First, there's only 958 items offered, not a thousand.  And I've got 177 of them.  There's 4 items in the set on my wishlist, but nothing that's a priority.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Love Girl 8, already bought her. The bundle and add ons look great. The deals were fantastic! I have almost all of the Pro bundles, so I appreciated the variety offered instead.

Now I have to download them all over my slower than hell internet connection...fun fun! 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I really like The Girl 8 and I love the new incentive program (and I'm kind of worried that by not buying I'm running out the times I'll get that discount banner) but.... I really, really need boy stuff.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Same here, anxiously waiting for The Guy. Not that this new Girl's not cute -- she certainly is! But I'd hardly ever use her and there are only so many dollars to spare these days, when the income is barely enough to meet the outgo. So I'll save my pennies for Guy 8 (I hope!).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    Llynara said:

Now I have to download them all over my slower than hell internet connection...fun fun! 

LOL, I can so relate  frown

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2018

I got a lot of super sexy stuff to kitbash as my choices were limited, have too much stuff already. Appreciate the sale covering three generations!

Post edited by Novica on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Never liked The Girl in any of her iterations, but, out of curiosity, I put the Pro bundle in my cart, and added three add-ons, but then struggled to find anything I liked in the "free" offerings. G8, sure, I found $10 worth, but G3/G2? Nope, could not get to the totals, even for stuff I thought I might use "one day" or kitbash.

Just shows how tastes differ. I'm not knocking the sale, as it is a great deal for those who want The Girl, or are starting out in rendering.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited June 2018

I'm not enamored with Girl 8. As I said earlier, I prefer Girl 7. But I did put together a cart with her and three addons and numerous products from the G8, G3, and G2 categories. Twenty items total, (counting the pro bundle as one,) for just a bit over $66. I haven't decided if I'll buy or not, yet. The additional materials I can use on any G8 or G3 female is a plus. (all three addons in my cart are characters,) and I like the hair that comes in the bundle…

But I'd like to say to Daz Marketing, had this been the offer with Floyd 8 Pro, I would have bought him day 1. As it is, he's in my wishlist with no idea when, or if, I'll be able to pick him up in the future.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited June 2018

That time when you are saying to yourself 'Hmmm, maybe I have enough Daz stuff now..."

So, I'm doing the sales Jenga thing with Girl 8 sale at the moment, and sorting through the list of 'qualifying products' for the bonus items ($30 worth of Genesis 8, $65 worth of Genesis 3, $100 worth of Genesis 2).

I'm liking the content of the Girl 8 bundle, so this should be a pretty exciting sale for me...

Well, my issue is that most of the qualifying bonus items are a lot like items I already have, or have high heels on fantasty clothing, etc.  So, rather than being excited about items I'm considering, I'm finding myself asking 'what else can I add that I might actually use to meet the bonus total?'

Note: The fastest way to turn me off of a product when looking at a high fantasy/outdoorsey outfit is give the lady high heels...  This is expected in modern day fashion settings, but not in the forest or the combat arena.  Some people may like that, I do not.

Even the Genesis 8 stuff.  I've been buying Gen8 stuff fairly regularly over the last year, so what's left in the 'pool' wasn't overly interesting to me. Theoretically, it should be a decent deal, but I'm just not feeling it.  I'm sure that others with less extensive product libraries will find some good deals here though.

So, in short, this Girl 8 sale has me undewhelmed. 

Anyone else feeling this way?  For those that actually want Girl 8 that is.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

hundreds of dollars worth of free product, of your choosing and you are underwhelmed, LOL surprise

if the pickings are that slim, probably a good sign you are buying to much, LOL You've been here a little over a year and a half, wait till you are here as long as I have been and there really isn't anything to choose from

We should have a national render day where DAZ closes the store and we all actually use the product we have been hording, LOL

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Nath said:

Only if I go looking ;-) And I'm not interested in The Girl, so today my money stays where it is.

I DID go looking and there were quite a few items I would like to have - newbie advantage working here - but yeah, I also am not interested in the Girl so all that looking through the possible combinations is moot...
    Would be nice if DAZ would come up with the same offer for any marginally useful G8M figure... but I don't expect that to happen wink

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,280

hundreds of dollars worth of free product, of your choosing and you are underwhelmed, LOL surprise

if the pickings are that slim, probably a good sign you are buying to much, LOL You've been here a little over a year and a half, wait till you are here as long as I have been and there really isn't anything to choose from

We should have a national render day where DAZ closes the store and we all actually use the product we have been hording, LOL

Or when you reach the point that it takes days to search your content because you can't remeber the name or vendor of the item your looking for

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,353

LOL If that ever happened we would all have withdrawal symptoms  and wouldn't be able to render anyway.

LOL If that ever happened we would all have withdrawal symptoms  and wouldn't be able to render anyway.

winkyes

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited June 2018

Daz shopping is something I do as I'm waiting on renders to complete.  I don't have one of those fancy render farm setups, I use the same computer for everything..  So I'd probably go crazy with boredom if I couldn't look at pretty Daz content while I wait.

Back to my previous point, I have accumulated a lot of content at this point, so while I very much appreciate the 'bonus offerings' with the sale, I was just sharing my 'but I already have something similar' feeling that I'm having as I'm trying to assemble my cart.  Plus the high heels thing.

I've been having this growing feeling over the last few sales.  Since I now own all of the Gen8 pro characters (finally grabbed Edward 8 pro in a subsequent sale, Girl 8 is pending), well all of the previous 'freebies' have rounded out my library nicely, and I've hit a saturation point of sorts.

I very much appreciate the offers, but like other more seasoned customers here, yeah I'm finding myself lamenting the slim pickings a bit more and more with each sale.  I feel real good about my Daz library at this point, although it was a siginificant investment getting here.  Now I'm just along for the ride I guess.

cool

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152

Well, I'm quite critical with recent sales myself and skipped some (like the recent one with the Horse and Starter Bundles as alternative cause I had everything) recently. Whereas I have to say that todays one is really for everybody. And as I even paid with store credit I purchased just some days ago for 20% off there really is nothing more to complain about IMO. Bought the Pro Bundle with Pix Keshi, P3D Hailey and FWSA Destini plus some of the additional textures all in all for $88,50 or rather $70 if I take the 20% off for the store credit into account. Also got $26,55 worth of G8, $64,41 worth of G3 and $99,16 worth of G2 stuff and therefore saved the Plat Coupon for later the month. Although that stuff is rather to just fill some gaps in the collection. Really doubt that I will use the old G2 things often or at all.

Only thing I still don't understand ist that Figure 7 for Figure 8 products. Although it's an easy solution to have the old shape and texture on G8 for the lazy ones, something like that should be definitely free for owners of the Pro Bundles of both generations.

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

Or when you reach the point that it takes days to search your content because you can't remeber the name or vendor of the item your looking for

Some people here, Novica especially, seem to be incredibly organised about their whole libraries.  For me, if it is not in smart content, I will be searching through folders for days.  I haven't got my head around thecategorisation stuff yet.  With my vinyl collection of about 900 records, it used to be sorted by connected bands, solo artists, and in my head only 'genres' and I could find anything instantly.  Since I moved from UK to USA, it is now alphabetical, and I just lookrandomly and go'oh, I forgot I had that' (Oh, and the Abba belonged to my Grandmother - I have no excuse for the ZZ Top though)  

I think I need to develop the same approach to Daz categorization that I had to records.  It is just not so intuitive.

• SaldazSaldaz Posts: 168
    edited June 2018

Etamin said:

Some people here, Novica especially, seem to be incredibly organised about their whole libraries.  For me, if it is not in smart content, I will be searching through folders for days.  I haven't got my head around thecategorisation stuff yet.  With my vinyl collection of about 900 records, it used to be sorted by connected bands, solo artists, and in my head only 'genres' and I could find anything instantly.  Since I moved from UK to USA, it is now alphabetical, and I just lookrandomly and go'oh, I forgot I had that' (Oh, and the Abba belonged to my Grandmother - I have no excuse for the ZZ Top though)  

I think I need to develop the same approach to Daz categorization that I had to records.  It is just not so intuitive.

You can always select a folder and create product from it and name it what you like ( maybe: 000 Hard to find stuff - product name)

Now you have all your hard to find stuff in one place :)

(products lack folder structure but you can always right click to mapped folders if needed)

Post edited by Saldaz on
  • EtaminEtamin Posts: 126
    edited June 2018
    Saldaz said:

Etamin said:

You can always select a folder and create product from it and name it what you like ( maybe: 000 Hard to find stuff - product name)

(products lack folder structure but you can always right click to mapped folders if needed)

Hi @Saldaz 

Thank You for that tip, very helpful for me to understand the process.  However, I have been collecting V4, M4 stuff when it is on a crazy sale, so I have amassed quite a treasure trove, and I still have to get my head around the categories that make sense to me.  That, process right now, does not feel intuitive the way my internal music catoegories do.

Post edited by Etamin on
  • Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980
    Etamin said:
    Saldaz said:

Etamin said:

Hi @Saldaz 

Thank You for that tip, very helpful for me to understand the process.  However, I have been collecting V4, M4 stuff when it is on a crazy sale, so I have amassed quite a treasure trove, and I still have to get my head around the categories that make sense to me.  That, process right now, does not feel intuitive the way my internal music catoegories do.

As for me, I made a spreadsheet with categories for character, hair, clothes, poses, props, environment, and weapons for each generation. It's a lot of work but it keeps me organize, and I look at it everytime I need something to go with a composition in mind before rendering.

At one time I had a seperate folder for each figure that had two subfolders in it one for characters and one for clothes.

I had a single Pose folder divided into subfolders for each figure. I would change this now and put the poses with each figure that they applied to

A props folder catogorized by type : furniture, weapons,vehicles , Archtecture and so forth

Enviroments which was nothing but plants, and water, and landscapes No Buildings

A folder for animals broken down by type land, air, fantasy etc

I also did several specialty folders SciFi Steampunk and Military

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

I thought I had a lot of DAZ content, but not as much as some of you. laugh I definitely appreciate the free content that is being offered with the Genesis 8 Pro Bundles. smiley The clothing offerings with the Girl 8 are really nice.

This discussion has been closed.