Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female a post from the PA

12345679»

Comments

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

marble said:
    OK - you were right about making everything else invisible. Now the morph is loaded but it looks identical to the version created when I use the SickleYield smoothers. It doesn't actually replicate the ZBrush smoothing.

So there is something happening that is way beyond my technical know-how. I tried with a different garment and got similar results. Maybe this is a Mac thing. I've run out of ideas. Looks like I will have to smooth it in ZBrush for every scene. Damn.

Silly question, did you turn the morph on? Loading the morph just adds it to the mesh. It should be under "morphs/morph loader" (I think.. not at my DS computer) in the parameter tree on the right hand side

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited October 2014

marble said:
    OK - you were right about making everything else invisible. Now the morph is loaded but it looks identical to the version created when I use the SickleYield smoothers. It doesn't actually replicate the ZBrush smoothing.

So there is something happening that is way beyond my technical know-how. I tried with a different garment and got similar results. Maybe this is a Mac thing. I've run out of ideas. Looks like I will have to smooth it in ZBrush for every scene. Damn.

Silly question, did you turn the morph on? Loading the morph just adds it to the mesh. It should be under "morphs/morph loader" (I think.. not at my DS computer) in the parameter tree on the right hand side

Well, it created another slider for the skirt under Morphs. I moved that to 100% but it didn't do much.

I think skirts are going to be something I can't convert. Pity, I have a lot of them for V4. The pants, stockings and tops seem to convert nicely though.

A bit more experimenting and the story goes from bad to worse. The moment I apply a pose to G2F wearing the converted dress (smoothing or not) the whole thing gets messed up. The fit to the thighs is gone, skirt bending one way while the thigh is bending another. Just a total mess. I'm really disillusioned now.

Post edited by marble on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Not sure how old this thread is, but wanted to ask about bringing over head morphs in v4 to gen2 female. I've got the textures and body morphs working great, but the custom head morphs don't seem to come over. I've followed the steps in this thread (couldn't find any documentation in the Read Me's in my Daz directory). Could be user error. I've only been using DAZ for about a month, so maybe I'm missing a step somewhere? From the product description it looks like head morphs should work? 

Everything else looks amazing- clothes fit well, skins look wonderful. 

Thanks,

Kim :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2016

Not sure how old this thread is, but wanted to ask about bringing over head morphs in v4 to gen2 female. I've got the textures and body morphs working great, but the custom head morphs don't seem to come over. I've followed the steps in this thread (couldn't find any documentation in the Read Me's in my Daz directory). Could be user error. I've only been using DAZ for about a month, so maybe I'm missing a step somewhere? From the product description it looks like head morphs should work? 

Everything else looks amazing- clothes fit well, skins look wonderful. 

Thanks,

Kim :)

GenX will do the trick for morphs.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

Or you can just use the Transfer Utility that's built into DS.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2016

I own that, plus the addons, legacy shapes, autofits, etc for m4 and v4 that I need to make this happen, but still no love. I'm going cross eyed looking at tutorials. I tried using the Michael 4 for Genesis along with Gen X. Again, I was able to get the skins to work and the body morphs, but never the head morphs. I've followed the instructions, can't seem to get them to work. Can't seem to apply the head morphs in any fashion I've tried so far, including as shaping presets, material presets, etc. Not sure what I'm missing, but will keep playing. It's an education, that's for sure.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Llynara said:

I own that, plus the addons, legacy shapes, autofits, etc for m4 and v4 that I need to make this happen, but still no love. I'm going cross eyed looking at tutorials. I tried using the Michael 4 for Genesis along with Gen X. Again, I was able to get the skins to work and the body morphs, but never the head morphs. I've followed the instructions, can't seem to get them to work. Can't seem to apply the head morphs in any fashion I've tried so far, including as shaping presets, material presets, etc. Not sure what I'm missing, but will keep playing. It's an education, that's for sure.

I do believe Llynara mentioned using GenX and it wasn't working still. Well, at least not for the head morphs.But I have a question though,are you suggesting that I go with GenX instead of using Victoria 4 for Genesis2 Females in order to transfer any custom body shapes from V4 to G2F?
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    Llynara said:

I do believe Llynara mentioned using GenX and it wasn't working still. Well, at least not for the head morphs.But I have a question though,are you suggesting that I go with GenX instead of using Victoria 4 for Genesis2 Females in order to transfer any custom body shapes from V4 to G2F?

To transfer a V4 shape to G2F, you only need GenX2. However if you want to use the V4 skin on G2F, you need Victoria 4 for Genesis2, so you probably need both.

• Havos said:
    Llynara said:

To transfer a V4 shape to G2F, you only need GenX2. However if you want to use the V4 skin on G2F, you need Victoria 4 for Genesis2, so you probably need both.

Just want the shape transferred.Thanks Havos!
  • DancingCatDancingCat Posts: 35

I hope you don't mind me asking this here (I searched and didn't find a topic on it). 

I want to use a V4 skin on G2F. I have Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female and V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female(s) but don't know how to use them. Is there a manual or tutorial somewhere on how they work?