GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Quick update on the Status of GenX2. It will be released on Tuesday March 11th, 2014.

Thank you kind sir :)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

DAZ_jared said:
    Quick update on the Status of GenX2. It will be released on Tuesday March 11th, 2014.
    _HUGS_! You are a wonderful person! I know the company is hesitant about giving release dates like that, and I think everybody appreciates it a HUGE amount!

Thank you!

-- Morgan

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

WOOHOO!! thanks for the info!

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited March 2014

I'm just the messenger. The real thanks needs to go to D3D for his hard work developing this update.

*Edit* But I do appreciate all the praise and thanks from you guys... so definitely don't stop cuz my self esteem needs some boostin!

Post edited by DZ_jared on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

Awesome! Now... dare I ask... will it have MM pricing?

• pearbearpearbear Posts: 227
    edited December 1969

Lovely news, thanks for the info!

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared: Thanks for announcing the release date!

Cybersox13: No, GenX2 will not be a March Madness item.

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

Thank you for letting us know. I think this gives people an idea of how to spend their money, especially with march madness.

• DiabolaDiabola Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    I'm just the messenger. The real thanks needs to go to D3D for his hard work developing this update.

*Edit* But I do appreciate all the praise and thanks from you guys... so definitely don't stop cuz my self esteem needs some boostin!

Many thanks for the info.

And btw, you are easily the most awesome person I have met on the 'net in the last ten minutes. Howz that? ;-)

edited December 1969

So, I never did get around to using Genesis1 very much, nor the GenX that addressed it (still doing most of my rendering in Studio 3.x). However, I fully plan to implement Studio 4.6 and Genesis2 as soon as this new plug-in is available.

Since I'm a bit of a noob with GenX, I'd like to get straight exactly what I'll need next week to convert my V4 characters to Genesis2 Female characters. Obviously, I need:

1) V4
    2) V4 character morphs
    3) Genesis 2
    4) GenX for Genesis 2

Then I think I need at least this:

5) V4 for Genesis 2 Female

Have I got all of that correct? Is there more that I need? Thanks.

edited December 1969

Diabola said:
    So, I never did get around to using Genesis1 very much, nor the GenX that addressed it (still doing most of my rendering in Studio 3.x). However, I fully plan to implement Studio 4.6 and Genesis2 as soon as this new plug-in is available.

Since I'm a bit of a noob with GenX, I'd like to get straight exactly what I'll need next week to convert my V4 characters to Genesis2 Female characters. Obviously, I need:

1) V4
    2) V4 character morphs
    3) Genesis 2
    4) GenX for Genesis 2

Then I think I need at least this:

5) V4 for Genesis 2 Female

Have I got all of that correct? Is there more that I need? Thanks.

As you said, the first 4 items are obviously needed. Because the transfer is based on the V4 clone morph for Genesis, you also need to have Genesis 1 installed.

V4 for Genesis 2 Female is not required, but it is an option to transfer morphs to be used with the Genesis shape morphs instead of the clone morphs. This may be V4 for Genesis 2 Female, the V4 legacy shape by Slosh, or the Genesis V4 shape transferred to Genesis 2.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

V4 for Genesis 2 Female is not required, but it is an option to transfer morphs to be used with the Genesis shape morphs instead of the clone morphs. This may be V4 for Genesis 2 Female, the V4 legacy shape by Slosh, or the Genesis V4 shape transferred to Genesis 2.

V4 for Genesis 2 Female will be needed to use a V4 skin on Genesis 2, even if it is not required to transfer the shape morph.

edited December 1969

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but can we transfer shapes between G2F and G2M?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

so, with this utility, I'll be able to have this head shape http://www.daz3d.com/ashley-international-m4 on G2m?

edited December 1969

Sorel: Yes. The GenX2 addon for Genesis 2 will also transfer morphs between the Male and the Female version of Genesis 2. Because these figures are morph compatible, this is done lossless and includes HD morphs.

Misty Whisky: In general, you can transfer M4 morphs to G2M (or G2F) with GenX2 / Genesis 2 AddOn. So, if this head shape works with standard M4, you should be able to transfer it.

edited December 1969

Awesome, thanks for the reply ^_^

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Sorel: Yes. The GenX2 addon for Genesis 2 will also transfer morphs between the Male and the Female version of Genesis 2. Because these figures are morph compatible, this is done lossless and includes HD morphs.

Misty Whisky: In general, you can transfer M4 morphs to G2M (or G2F) with GenX2 / Genesis 2 AddOn. So, if this head shape works with standard M4, you should be able to transfer it.

it uses the M4 Enhanced / Mina for M4 product. not sure where that stands with 'standard' M4.

Ashley is my favorite ebil looking character. would luv to have him for g2m.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

it uses the M4 Enhanced / Mina for M4 product. not sure where that stands with 'standard' M4.

M4 Enhanced is a morph for M4. Then this is another morph that makes use of that. You'll be transferring both morphs. Shouldn't be a problem.

Yay for release dates! :lol:

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I GenXed him for Genesis without any problems.

I would like to add my thanks for the info on the release date its very appreciated.

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

Good to hear from Daz Jared and D3D. I'm looking forward to buying more quality programing and hope to see more from D3D and Daz.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited March 2014

Great to hear were almost there with this one. Genesis GenX seems to be missing from the store http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x

Post edited by Jim_1831252 on
    edited December 1969

jimzombie said:
    Great to hear were almost there with this one. Genesis GenX seems to be missing from the store http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x

Genesis Generation X2 replaces the previous version, so it makes no sense to have them both in the store.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

jimzombie said:

Genesis Generation X2 replaces the previous version, so it makes no sense to have them both in the store.

LOL i was just coming in to find out where it was as I'm telling a friend about it now and tried to link it for her. :D

• CMKook-24601CMKook-24601 Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Alright great to have a release date ^_^ do we have a price point?

edited December 1969

Just hours away. Haven't purchased anything at DAZ in a while. This one will be very worthwhile.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    edited March 2014

Aaaaaaaaaaa! The link to the upgrade version is broken! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :bug:

Oh, wait, The price appears if you put it in the cart.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

So it looks like the upgrade isn't a separate store product, just a deeper (and very nice!) discount. Well, that should at least eliminate the confusion that came from the previous upgrade. :-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

So it looks like the upgrade isn't a separate store product, just a deeper (and very nice!) discount. Well, that should at least eliminate the confusion that came from the previous upgrade. :-)

Agreed, great deal, best $20 I have spent at DAZ, LOL.

Wonder if I need to delete all the old GenX files before installing, hmmm.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982
    edited December 1969

Whew!!! For a moment there I thought I was up for another $37 glad I did buy the original version.. :D Now to wait till payday so can get these as well as the Stephy 6 Pro Bundle.. :D