Sakura 8

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,050

Yeah, I tried creating a male using @agent unawares's anime head for G3male version, but I just don't have enough G8 content (morphs and/or characters) to make it work. I'm still using primarily G3, so I didn't bother buying any G8 content until Sakura and Owen.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556

Okay, so I joined the "create a partner for Sakura 8" train and here are my results!

Saito

First off is Saito. I am using Gen3 male (Makani dialed in to 100%) + Anime head for G3F (transferred via GenX) + a bunch of slider magic (morphs and characters mixed in). Then I brought in Sakura8's eyes and eyebrows and parented to him (took forever). I gave up on trying to parent the eyelashes and went with fibermesh eyebrows instead (using oh my brows for G3Ms).  In the last render, I'm showing him next to Sakura to see if they look like they come from the same world. I'd say, the lashes set them apart (need to figure out how to parent those to G3).

Aoshi

For him I decided to dialed out Makani and dialed in Kenji at 100%. Then I mixed other characters + some morph slider fun and got myself a little demon-like character. Even though I'm still using fibremesh eyelashes (also from Oh my brows for G3), I feel like Aoshi does feel like he comes from the same universe as Sakura. I also created two emission masks and added the second version (via layer editor) to give the eye color some emission without affecting the cornea.

Emission Masks Freebie

I'll share them here in case anyone wishes to use them :) (just use the same diffuse map on the emission color channel, then open the layer editor, add a layer and put one of the emission mask in. You can play with the opacity to finetune the effect). 

Awesome. Aoshi especially. Is it me, or if you give him blond hair  he would  like Spike from buffy lol.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,752
    vrba79 said:
    vrba79 said:

Meanwhile this remains the only cartoony thing for G8 Male.

https://www.daz3d.com/billy-for-genesis-8-male

indecision

Can't say this Genesis 8 thing is for me. At least Genesis 2 got an Animedoll update that can be used with either gender of G2.

Get merchant resource or other morph kits. It's very easy to make your own characters (and to me the whole fun of it!) 

There are no morph kits for stylized characters for G8M, save for that thing. That's my entire gripe. As little attention as G8M gets in comparison to G8F, they might a well just call it Genesis 8 Bryce instead.

You can use the G8 FEMALE morphs on Sakura to make her look male... There's an androgynous morph.

• Yeah, I tried creating a male using @agent unawares's anime head for G3male version, but I just don't have enough G8 content (morphs and/or characters) to make it work. I'm still using primarily G3, so I didn't bother buying any G8 content until Sakura and Owen.

Convert your morphs with the Singular Blues script and you can do poses with my converter, materials are on the same UVs so you can already use them.

DireBunny said:

Awesome. Aoshi especially. Is it me, or if you give him blond hair  he would  like Spike from buffy lol.

OMG, you are right! Now I can't stop seeing the similarities! It's the hollow cheeks, I think, that sells it! I'll make a spike render with him to compare them side by side. Just for kicks :D

Yeah, I tried creating a male using @agent unawares's anime head for G8male version, but I just don't have enough G8 content (morphs and/or characters) to make it work. I'm still using primarily G3, so I didn't bother buying any G8 content until Sakura and Owen.

Convert your morphs with the Singular Blues script and you can do poses with my converter, materials are on the same UVs so you can already use them.

Meant to say your G8M anime head version, not G3 (need to go correct that in my original post). Yeah, I have Singular Blues script, just haven't gotten around to filddle with it. Haven't had as much free time as I'd like to go over the steps. Since he's planning on releasing a paid version, I was thinking of just waiting for that one. Who knows? If I have some time this Sunday, I might try the script (after I finish packaging Aoshi and Saito).

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Wanted to use the cool freebie outfit from @amyaimei  laugh on DeviantArt for G8F!

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Okay, so I joined the "create a partner for Sakura 8" train and here are my results!

Saito

First off is Saito. I am using Gen3 male (Makani dialed in to 100%) + Anime head for G3F (transferred via GenX) + a bunch of slider magic (morphs and characters mixed in). Then I brought in Sakura8's eyes and eyebrows and parented to him (took forever). I gave up on trying to parent the eyelashes and went with fibermesh eyebrows instead (using oh my brows for G3Ms).  In the last render, I'm showing him next to Sakura to see if they look like they come from the same world. I'd say, the lashes set them apart (need to figure out how to parent those to G3).

Aoshi

For him I decided to dialed out Makani and dialed in Kenji at 100%. Then I mixed other characters + some morph slider fun and got myself a little demon-like character. Even though I'm still using fibremesh eyelashes (also from Oh my brows for G3), I feel like Aoshi does feel like he comes from the same universe as Sakura. I also created two emission masks and added the second version (via layer editor) to give the eye color some emission without affecting the cornea.

Emission Masks Freebie

I'll share them here in case anyone wishes to use them :) (just use the same diffuse map on the emission color channel, then open the layer editor, add a layer and put one of the emission mask in. You can play with the opacity to finetune the effect). 

WOW! These are just so...

• Outlaw. Love that freebie of hers. I had her kururu head one and somehow forgot to add her to my watch.  Sheesh.. 

edited January 2018

@vrba79, thank you (that gif made me laugh)! Will be sharing the presets sometime this weekend :).

@DireBunny, you were right about Aoshi looking like Spike from Buffy. Here he is, role-playing as that troublemaking vampire!

Aoshi_as_Spike.jpg
    1145 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

@vrba79, thank you (that gif made me laugh)! Will be sharing the presets sometime this weekend :).

@DireBunny, you were right about Aoshi looking like Spike from Buffy. Here he is, role-playing as that troublemaking vampire!

Oh gosh. I didn't think I could like Aoshi more ....until now. WOW!

James Marsters is a national treasure. Having a toon version of his Spike character would be awesome. :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

I never saw that show before but that is a good comic likeness. 

• All this talk about anime guys and no mention of Hiro 5? Forshame! :P

Click the image for the gallery page.

Whhhaaaa? You've never seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show? You're missing out! (Except maybe season one ...that could probably be missed. lol).

Whhhaaaa? You've never seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv show? You're missing out! (Except maybe season one ...that could probably be missed. lol).

No, haven't seen Beveley Hills 90210 either as by the 90s I was working all the time frownlaugh but I did see Desparate Housewives. Well only Season One but I love, love loved those housewives.

No, haven't seen Beveley Hills 90210 either as by the 90s I was working all the time frownlaugh but I did see Desparate Housewives. Well only Season One but I love, love loved those housewives.

I never seen Beverly Hills 90210 or Desperate Housewives. Not really my thing. lol :) I didn't watch much tv in the 90s between school and work after school, I was pretty busy, but when I could find the time I liked to watch sci-fi and fantasy type of shows like Buffy, X-Files, Star Trek, Xena - that sort of thing. :)

• Your new product looks good Diva.
  • All this talk about anime guys and no mention of Hiro 5? Forshame! :P

-chuckles- Sadly I didn't use him as much as I should have. Although if they were able to get autofit to work like the later generations on the original Genesis figure. I would probably only use it since it does have the male / female option.

James Marsters is a national treasure. Having a toon version of his Spike character would be awesome. :)

Thanks! Now we need to turn Sakura into Buffy hahaha. Or make an Angel character (my fav. vampire from Buffy; though Spike was a very close second).

I saw all three shows haha, but Buffy was way more entretaining than Beverly Hills. Desperate Housewives I saw on and off, then just decided to wait until it finished and binge watched everything haha. And like @Divamakeup mentioned, I also watched X-files (tried to watch the newest season, but I couldn't get into it :( Just don't like that the actors don't do facial expressions. Not sure if it's because of the botoxs or just because they don't want to look their age.) and Xena, but not Star Trek.

All this talk about anime guys and no mention of Hiro 5? Forshame! :P

I think I got this character for free or heavily discounted, but I've never used him (I discovered DAZ around the time Gianni 7 came out, so I've only rendered Gen3 and some G2 (now also Gen8) characters. But I might transfer him via GenX and try his shape!

Thanks! Now we need to turn Sakura into Buffy hahaha. Or make an Angel character (my fav. vampire from Buffy; though Spike was a very close second).

I saw all three shows haha, but Buffy was way more entretaining than Beverly Hills. Desperate Housewives I saw on and off, then just decided to wait until it finished and binge watched everything haha. And like @Divamakeup mentioned, I also watched X-files (tried to watch the newest season, but I couldn't get into it :( Just don't like that the actors don't do facial expressions. Not sure if it's because of the botoxs or just because they don't want to look their age.) and Xena, but not Star Trek.

All this talk about anime guys and no mention of Hiro 5? Forshame! :P

I think I got this character for free or heavily discounted, but I've never used him (I discovered DAZ around the time Gianni 7 came out, so I've only rendered Gen3 and some G2 (now also Gen8) characters. But I might transfer him via GenX and try his shape!

I didn't realize the X-Files actors was were all these stories about actors that couldn't do facial expressions because of botox first came from. I just saw a BBC America News Show article about camels on the Arabian peninsula being giving botox to make them prettier this week.

Love that render TheNathanParableyes

So if you are lazy like me, and don't want to convert all of your clothes across multiple generations, but really like Sakura 8, then you may be interested in this freebie (click image to go to the freebie site):

Its a quick geograft to hide the body of G8F and round-off the neck.  Makes it real easy to then use G8F head on any prior generation figure.  Textures are a problem, but I use a Skin Shader based on AOA old Genesis Subsurface Toon Shader, for years. 

Anyway, here is Sakura/G8F on G2F (using the freebie above) and the old Keiko Maid outfit  cheeky

edited January 2018
    3dOutlaw said:

So if you are lazy like me, and don't want to convert all of your clothes across multiple generations, but really like Sakura 8, then you may be interested in this freebie (click image to go to the freebie site):

Its a quick geograft to hide the body of G8F and round-off the neck.  Makes it real easy to then use G8F head on any prior generation figure.  Textures are a problem, but I use a Skin Shader based on AOA old Genesis Subsurface Toon Shader, for years. 

Anyway, here is Sakura/G8F on G2F (using the freebie above) and the old Keiko Maid outfit  cheeky

That's awesome, @3dOutlaw! Thanks for sharing! One question, though, how does she look from a profile shot? Is it noticeable that the head is not part of the body?

@nonesuch00, I'm sure it's not the only show or movie (Australia, 2008 with Nicole Kidman rings a bell? D:) where botox is jarring, but I couldn't get past it. Gillian Anderson (Skully) did point out that she has never had botox or any kind of surgery, though. Still, I couldn't get past the lack of facial expressions (almost like bad animation).

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Looks fine to me  cheeky  

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,752
    3dOutlaw said:

Question: why can't you just autofit the maid outfit to Sakura? 

Just kidding, of course there is a seam, it is just stuck on there!  wink

Here is the before/after using a quick 10-second smudge brush in postwork

edited January 2018

Question: why can't you just autofit the maid outfit to Sakura? 

You can!  smiley  I find (without add-ons and utilities and procedures) it mangles dresses, sticks armpits, loses handles and I have hundreds of outfits.  Sure, I love autofit for tight shorts and shirts and stuff, but this gives you another option.  

It's not for everyone, just a gift/option to use!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited January 2018
    Your new product looks good Diva.

Thank you! :) I'm glad you like the poses! laugh

Post edited by 3Diva on
    3dOutlaw said:

That's really cool! Thank you for the great freebie, 3dOutlaw! :)

• edited January 2018

Wonderland,  the reason sometimes a head is best is  because the outfit you want to autofit may do funny things in posing.  I have everything I really need to do a miko priestess's outfit if I want to use nothing but Victoria 4.  However anything else and the long flowing sleeves of the kimono has a tendency to weld to the hips and do some very unwanted things in posing :D

Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on

Diva the reason sometimes a head is best is  because the outfit you want to autofit may do funny things in posing.  I have everything I really need to do a miko priestess's outfit if I want to use nothing but Victoria 4.  However anything else and the long flowing sleeves of the kimono has a tendency to weld to the hips and do some very unwanted things in posing :D

I'm guessing you're addressing Wonderland, and not me. :) Though Wonderland might be a diva too. lol :P

There is only one Diva!  Nice pose set!