Sakura 8

Comments

• Hard to say with the effects of the filter. Length of it made me think valea or as you said MMD. Haven't used them as much since it would require me to hook up another external hard drive lol.
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited June 2021

It's not an MMD model. It's an old Poser model by someone called Futepen. They created a freebie anime character for Poser called Sera, and she comes with a bunch of rigged hairstyles (and static bangs). Can't remember where I downloaded them from though.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • I wonder how hard it would be to do a refit on some of the other stuff. There is some pretty good stuff there for when  it was made. 

edited June 2021

Wow, there's a lot of stuff in that link that I don't have (including a "V3" version of Sera? Is that, like, "version 3" or "Victoria 3"?). Thanks for that!

But yeah, if you want the hair, download the "Like_Hair_Set" and the "Long_Hair_For_Sera". The main part and the bangs are seperate. You'll find the static bangs in Poser's "Hair" directory and the rigged main part under Poser's "Figures" directory, both under "Futepen". You'll have to parent it to Sakura 8's head and move/scale it into position yourself.

• Yeah I have to agree with you on that.  The uniforms aren't bad at all.  Also has magnets I am guessing to fit from original to v3.  I would love to fit some of the other stuff and learn how.  Actually I think I do know.. I wonder if eveilinnocence's crossdresser is sill available. 

edited January 2018

PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard seems to have a "Sera" addon available to purchase, as well as a "Genesis" addon. You could probably use them to convert those items to Genesis, and then use Autofit to convert those to Sakura 8.

http://www.philc.net/store_WW_Extra_Figs.php

EDIT: That said, I have no idea if Wardrobe Wizard is still available to purchase, or from where. Can't seem to find it on PhilC's website.

EDIT 2: I've looked through EvilInnocence's online store. Couldn't find any Sera addons for CrossDresser unfortunately.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Might as well crosspost this from the non-photorealistic renders thread. Been watching the Game Grumps play through Doki Doki Literature Club, and was inspired to create this render using Sakura 8.

Glitch effect was done in Filter Forge Pro 6 using "Glitch" by AwesomeSauce (with minor alterations to work with alpha).

Very cool!

• edited January 2018

But I don't use Poser even if I have it.  

PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard seems to have a "Sera" addon available to purchase, as well as a "Genesis" addon. You could probably use them to convert those items to Genesis, and then use Autofit to convert those to Sakura 8.

http://www.philc.net/store_WW_Extra_Figs.php

EDIT: That said, I have no idea if Wardrobe Wizard is still available to purchase, or from where. Can't seem to find it on PhilC's website.

EDIT 2: I've looked through EvilInnocence's online store. Couldn't find any Sera addons for CrossDresser unfortunately.

I am sorry I missed your post there.  For some reason didn't get the notify.  

Talking about it got playing with the MMD hair lol  Was surprised I got a kind of cell shading type render in Iray though.  

MD hair.png
    756 x 663 - 400K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • I hope we get an official Sakura male bundle, it's unfair having to create males from scratch without the same PA quality

• Oh I don't know I think it sparks the creativity.  They never did one for Star 2.0  either but I did a decent work around for it.  Besides sometimes it is more fun just to kitbash.  You have a little more challenge and sometimes you create the unexpected and get something you like more than something straight out of the box so to speak. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited January 2018

Here is a quick attempt at a male morph for Sakura...  In anime, the boys don't really look THAT different from the girls really...

sakura male.png
    600 x 800 - 514K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Here is a quick attempt at a male morph for Sakura...  In anime, the boys don't really look THAT different from the girls really...

No they don't why I was able to get a male look with Becket.  

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

Here is a quick attempt at a male morph for Sakura...  In anime, the boys don't really look THAT different from the girls really...

Adorable @wonderland
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

That's good. Very boyish.

• edited January 2018

Just messing around. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

In some anime the boys are QUITE different from the girls, at least in terms of body. That is why I'm really hoping for a male model-- something that will have a few morphs to help address the more extreme instances of dimorphism in anime-style art.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Nothing like finding a new old treasure trove!  Those are Gold Jerry, GOLD!  Thanks for the tip TheNathanParable and link noshobawolf_f994bf986d yes

• You are welcome. Sadly alot of the old links and such are now gone. Alot of the Anime Doll hair needed very little tweaking to prop fit to her.  

edited January 2018

Since we have about beat the Male Sakura sub-thread to death  wink  How about a new "Transfer Sakura Morph to G3F" challenge cheeky  I would love to be able to use Sakura on G3F!  I am off to try some @Sickleyield and @Redz transfer methods, and since G3F and G8F are so similar, I am hoping it works!

...and here is another Sakura render smiley

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    3dOutlaw said:

Since we have about beat the Male Sakura sub-thread to death  wink  How about a new "Transfer Sakura Morph to G3F" challenge cheeky  I would love to be able to use Sakura on G3F!  I am off to try some @Sickleyield and @Redz transfer methods, and since G3F and G8F are so similar, I am hoping it works!

Oh, let us know how you fare!

Thanks for sharing these!

• 3dOutlaw said:

...and here is another Sakura render smiley

Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea since Kenji and certain Aiko 7 figures are the only ones I use.  Oops almost forgot Star 2.0. Can usually get a fairly decent anime figure adding her in at 25 %  Only thing is you can't do the opposite and add another figure dial to Star. They don't look right at all. 

edited January 2018

Okay, so I joined the "create a partner for Sakura 8" train and here are my results!

Saito

First off is Saito. I am using Gen3 male (Makani dialed in to 100%) + Anime head for G3F (transferred via GenX) + a bunch of slider magic (morphs and characters mixed in). Then I brought in Sakura8's eyes and eyebrows and parented to him (took forever). I gave up on trying to parent the eyelashes and went with fibermesh eyebrows instead (using oh my brows for G3Ms).  In the last render, I'm showing him next to Sakura to see if they look like they come from the same world. I'd say, the lashes set them apart (need to figure out how to parent those to G3).

Aoshi

For him I decided to dialed out Makani and dialed in Kenji at 100%. Then I mixed other characters + some morph slider fun and got myself a little demon-like character. Even though I'm still using fibremesh eyelashes (also from Oh my brows for G3), I feel like Aoshi does feel like he comes from the same universe as Sakura. I also created two emission masks and added the second version (via layer editor) to give the eye color some emission without affecting the cornea.

Emission Masks Freebie

I'll share them here in case anyone wishes to use them :) (just use the same diffuse map on the emission color channel, then open the layer editor, add a layer and put one of the emission mask in. You can play with the opacity to finetune the effect). 

Saito.jpg
    2339 x 5215 - 6M
    Aoshi_03.jpg
    1327 x 3985 - 4M
    EmissionMaskEyes-2.png
    4096 x 4096 - 3M
    EmissionMaskEyes.png
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Giselle, great great job.  I think the male body base really helps. The proportions in anime seem even more pronounced than in real life.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited January 2018

So, it seems like Karyssa taking the spot of this month's second iconic character launch leave an official anime male out in the cold once again... :/

But, giselle3000 has a couple of really stunning homebrews right there! Is it possible we could perhaps get a couple ShareCG distributions? :D

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Moonshine_2446656Moonshine_2446656 Posts: 13
    edited January 2018

Sakura 8 is so cute and awesome! I really love her! I will most definitely use her for creating my hot and sexy bishounen boys! Oh wow! I really like Aoshi! He's a sexy beast! Meow!

Post edited by Moonshine_2446656 on

Giselle, great great job.  I think the male body base really helps. The proportions in anime seem even more pronounced than in real life.

Thank you! Yeah, I'm thinking that just by giving a character longer torsos, arms and hands would help sell the "manga" style. I only gave Aoshi a longer torso, but will see how he looks with more extreme proportions.

So, it seems like Karyssa taking the spot of this month's second iconic character launch leave an official anime male out in the cold once again... :/

But, giselle3000 has a couple of really stunning homebrews right there! Is it possible we could perhaps get a couple ShareCG distributions? :D

Sure, I wouldn't mind sharing him. Let me work on packaging him and writing the readme with all the assets you'd need to have him work. I'll also try approaching Tofusan to see if he/she can distribute the anime head for G3M I transferred (or if he/she would allow me to distribute it, giving proper credit). Since I transfer the head via GenX, does anyone know if people would still need GenX in order for the morph to work?

Moonshine said:

Sakura 8 is so cute and awesome! I really love her! I will most definitely use her for creating my hot and sexy bishounen boys! Oh wow! I really like Aoshi! He's a sexy beast! Meow!

Thank you! Aoshi is quite mischevious. Unlike Saito, who is sweeter. :D

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Dayam, Giselle!  That upper left render of "Aoshi" is almost enough to turn this straight guy gay!

Sincerely,

Bill

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Giselle,

OMG.... wow... Love to have your brew for making these cutie pies. 

Bill,

You crack me up!  lol  (from gay boy (me) to str8 boy (you)) cheeky

On the new bundle today... *sigh* yup, the boys get forgotten once again!  crying

Nice morphs giselle3000!

OK, so that Sakura on G3F did not work out too well...  I got the basic shape, but the eyes were a little (if you can believe it) more wonky, and the smooth nose option #1 did not smooth like it does in G8F, which is an important factor for me.  Maybe its all possible, but it needs more of an experts touch.