Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited December 2017
    Novica said:

Okay, for the stomach, I bought this one (haven't tried it yet)   Edit- and 07 Arms has a dial just for sagging. 

GHD SomeBody- Morphs for Genesis 8 Female(s) 

I got that one last night, plan to pick up EJ Body Shape And Detail Morphs for Genesis 8 Female too. Instead of buying characters for G8, I've been focussed on getting morphs so I can spin my own (now I just need to do it - maybe I need a challenge to spur myself into action).

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2017

I'm trying this on Avarice. Will post shortly. Anyone else want to play on the last day of 2017?  Show us some dial morphed changes on some characters. Rich, are you getting the EJ one now, or waiting? 

It's MISERABLE here in Pensacola, raining and in the low 40's. Going in the 20's tonight. I hope they kept Stetson (horse) inside all day.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2017

7 Deadly Sins: Lust, Avarice and Gluttony   (Avarice)

Starting with the default, then I will keep adding as I play. So check back because you won't get notices when this has more images.

LOAD BOTH IMAGES AND CLICK BACK AND FORTH TO SEE THE FLAB.

Hmm, interesting. I have a fushia/purple slider (Parameters>Actor>Arms) but it's not GHD as shown in the promos.  Another lighter purple slider says Aging Arms HD Detail, but honestly, all that does is fine tune the armpit and close to armpit area for a small bit of sag, not very noticeable. (You can always use the cog and not use limits. My point though, is it doesn't get that entire arm segment.)  Aging Hands Detail makes them slightly plumper.

The path says Shape Shift for the "Arm Flab."  Edit: Looked up my character-   Genesis 3 Shape Shift   is working because Avarice is a Genesis 3 gal. So for Genesis 3, the Shape Shift gets the arms just like I wanted, and I assume the Genesis 8 version will do that same thing for that generation. It's perfect!  Let me play with the tummy, then I'll do a different post for Genesis 8 and the GHD product.

Note the arm flab in Shape Shift also increases the flab on top of the arm too.

Rendering the stomach now. One thing I would suggest to vendors- do NOT use different colored sliders for the SAME product. I almost didn't test them, assuming they were from someone else. To see the vendor, in the Parameters sliders, you click the cog and go to Parameters Settings. Then look at the file path, the product name will be there.

Click to enlarge. Rendering the stomach now.

The above settings do more than just "pot belly" an older person. The center of gravity has to drop, the sides also thicken and poof out. One thing we BADLY need are love handle morphs, not just thickening of the sides. Profound statement of the day: "Love handles are fine for the "love" grabbing them, and probably less desired by the person WEARING them." 

avariceDefault.png
    500 x 500 - 346K
    avariceArmFlab156pt2.png
    500 x 500 - 369K
    avariceSettingsStomach.png
    567 x 775 - 140K
    avariceSTOMACH.png
    500 x 500 - 369K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

You said "Another lighter purple slider says Aging Arms HD Detail, but honestly, all that does is fine tune the armpit and close to armpit area for a small bit of sag, not very noticeable. "

Remember that HD morphs won't show up much at all unluss you have subdivision level turned up to 3 or 4.

barbult said:

You said "Another lighter purple slider says Aging Arms HD Detail, but honestly, all that does is fine tune the armpit and close to armpit area for a small bit of sag, not very noticeable. "

Remember that HD morphs won't show up much at all unluss you have subdivision level turned up to 3 or 4.

Yep, I had it to 3. I just wasn't very clear- by noticeable, I meant so far as extending down to the part of the arm I'm trying to "flab." It only does by the armpit area.  :) 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:

I'm trying this on Avarice. Will post shortly. Anyone else want to play on the last day of 2017?  Show us some dial morphed changes on some characters. Rich, are you getting the EJ one now, or waiting? 

It's MISERABLE here in Pensacola, raining and in the low 40's. Going in the 20's tonight. I hope they kept Stetson (horse) inside all day.

Stay warm!  Light snow here, not enough to be fun. 16 degrees and windchill of 2 degrees. Going to get colder over the next few days. 

edited December 2017

Hero FX Xtreme   Question- does this work with Iray?  It says it's a flat plane and transparencies, so does it need to be Iray Uber based?

SereneNight gave a good tip here and I'm still digging through the forum references to get info. 

Edit: and here's where to find them in Content Library.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

Hero FX Xtreme   Question- does this work with Iray?  It says it's a flat plane and transparencies, so does it need to be Iray Uber based?

SereneNight gave a good tip here and I'm still digging through the forum references to get info. 

Edit: and here's where to find them in Content Library.

Yeah you can get it to work in Iray. Use the color as emissive color.

edited January 2018

Cool- thanks! Well then, if anyone wants a new release to drop the price of the Shape Shift products, (I'm grabbing the Genesis 8 one) and have the Hero FX Xtreme then the Hero FX Exp Sci Fi  for 1.99 is a cheap way to drop the price (and looks like a fun product.) I don't have the FX Xtreme, so actually using the Sci Fi to drop the price on that too.  With loyalty and Sci Fi as the new release, it drops to $5.23 at 65% off.

The Shape Shift (Gen8) drops to 10.48 at 65% off which according to the chart was the lowest it's been, on Oct 2nd. But the chart doesn't show if other discounts/combinations got lower prices. Anyone got it at a lower price? EDIT: I decided to wait, as it comes with a bundle for the males, and that is not on sale. I don't need it, just nice to have. 

Post edited by Novica on

Looking through the wishlist for the last time in 2017 (as I agree with Rich on not spending as much...but caving for great deals!) I found this set. Haven Park   was 12.83 on September 30th and right now is 8.74 with 30% loyalty and that one new release in the cart. (ANY new release, remember.)  So you might want to take a peek at that one.

edited January 2018

Okay so here's Corina (Gen8F) Default, (hey, she's already 58% off, before Loyalty. Here's a gallery render.) then with the GHD SomeBody Morphs (Gen8F)  05 Upper Body applied. A fast, easy way to get an untoned body.  

Obviously, with the gravity and additional weight. Being honest, it does not do a good job adding the saggy to the arms, it just seemed to increase the thickness. There's not enough droopy.

Verdict so far: You may need Shape Shift with this product because it has better arm flabbiness, and you need this one with Shape Shift because the love handles and droopy stomach is much better. (In my opinion, of course.)  The sliders for waist and belly in Shape Shift did a great job of moving gravity and increasing the pudgy at the sides, but the love handles (something to grasp, morphing in) are better with this product. The Shape Shift arms are much better with the flabby, sagging SO FAR. I'm going to explore the sliders for the GHD product..

Continuing on- the GHD sliders are wonderful, there's stomach rolls (think of the 6 pack abs of a man being affected- becoming poofy) and sitting rolls means they are pulled downward slightly more, the Waist Thin actually affects a bit lower too, which is great. Stomach Heavy is what gives you the main centered/pulled down effect.

For the arms I did find Underarm Fat and cranked it up to 138%, rendering now. I want to see if it extends as far down as the Shape Shift.

Okay, I think the earlier verdict is correct. You do get some underarm fat with the GHD product, however I don't think it elongates as far down the arm as the Shape Shift product. And where it does apply, it's more pronounced- this is at 138% to show you the area affected, you would want to tone this down a bit.

If I did 156% like Shape Shift it was just way too much bulge. I do think for stomach/lower waist and love handles, the GHD SomeBody is better and would be beneficial to use with Shape Shift. Both products are welcome additions for your runtime if you want to tweak and age people throughout the body with more gravity.

(These gals had similar bodies, got two figures as close as I could. Your results will vary depending on your character.) 

corinaDefault.png
    500 x 500 - 358K
    corinaFLAB.png
    500 x 500 - 369K
    corinaand avarice.png
    500 x 500 - 386K
    Post edited by Novica on

On the EJ Body Shapes, I'm seeing Upper Arms Volume (which is generally poofing up the entire upper arm) and I'm not seeing saggy from gravity for the arms (from the promo shot.)  Overall, that product addresses specific areas (like the elbow, the wrist) for details and looks like it would do a very nice job of making changes in targeted areas. They sure spent a lot of time on this, and it shows. Just not obvious about sagging upper arms.  

The stomach does get specific with the Lower Belly Bulge, and there's a few Lower Torso Shapes,  but I'm not seeing love handling. Sorry, not taking more time to skim through it, the thumbnails doesn't organize it by sections. I'm finding a belly amid other body parts, etc. One thing that would be great about this one (and I didn't check the others) is the rounded shoulders, which is definitely part of a senior's aging process.  

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142
    Novica said:

Looking through the wishlist for the last time in 2017 (as I agree with Rich on not spending as much...but caving for great deals!) I found this set. Haven Park   was 12.83 on September 30th and right now is 8.74 with 30% loyalty and that one new release in the cart. (ANY new release, remember.)  So you might want to take a peek at that one.

Seriously?  You're inclined to tempt us to spend until the last stroke of midnight on NYE?  It worked on me, is all I have to say, lol

Happy New Year!

Seriously?  You're inclined to tempt us to spend until the last stroke of midnight on NYE?  It worked on me, is all I have to say, lol

Happy New Year!

Well, just think of what you'd be spending if you were out at a nightclub...

I did go back and post that I was waiting on the Gen 8 Shape Shift, because I don't need it right now and it does come in a bundle with the males. The bundle is new and not on sale. 

I also picked up all the other products for the Hero FX Extreme, from reading the forum discussions (using the app, it links the forums on the product page) people are really enjoying it.  There's the (not writing all this out)     Magic 2     Alchemy and Magic FX       Expansion Comp2       Kaleidoscope   Some are 65% (loyalty 30% plus that one new release) and some are 76 or 78% because PC+ (if you're a member) 

Skimming the Places and Things to see what has the largest discounts. Including some of the 65% ones I am picking up, or I have, or are just plain notable.

Centaur 7 Weapons and Poses  STARTS at 58% off (8.80) as it's a DO. With a loyalty of 30%, it goes to 5.13   (76%)

Strongboxes, Locks, and Keys   What a variety! Love the materials. And those keys can be used in so many scenes!  Starts at 40% at 8.97 and goes to 5.23   (65%) 

Iray Ghost Light 2    You know the drill. Ghost Lights are super easy to use, and this set gives you great props to go with the lights. Pick up the original Ghost Lights too if you don't already have them. Starts at 40% off, 11.97, and goes 65% off to 6.99.  (Hey, the original Ghost Lights start at 50% off,  9.98 and go to 5.58, 72% off!)   You can't go wrong with KindredArts products, check 'em out. 

edited January 2018

If you want to maximize use of your Loyalty Rewards, here's a few that start at a greater discount. I'm covering the Places and Things category, going from highest price to lowest  (and yep, the prices will be high to start with as the most expensive are listed first.)  Check back as I add to this list.  Some are DOs, and this assumes a Loyalty Reward of 30% if I show you the discounted price (the first three)

Modern Apartment Bundle is 58% off and 37.78, drops to 22.04   75% off

Haunt Starter Bundle (back in M4's time)  58%   35.68  drops to 20.81   76% off.  So you get the idea- I don't have time to keep adding to my cart. But if they're 58% they go to 76%. 

Sim Tenero Particle Physics Bundle starts at 50% off  (goes to 72% off)

Asian River Bundle  Starts 58%

Gothic Dreams Bundle  Starts 51%  Goes 66%  (It's New)

Fern Lake Bundle   Starts 50%  (A Stonemason)

Urban Sprawl 3  Starts 50%   (Stonemason) 

These are all 58% to start

Daz Horse 2 Starter Bundle 
    Teacup Fairy Bundle    
    Urban Street Bundle   
    DM's Secret Chamber Bundle
    Fantasy Tavern Bundle
    Arena Ruins Bundle

Chateau Blanche  starts 50%

Outdoor Lounge Area Bundle   Starts 50%

Breakfast in Bed Bundle  Starts 66%

Apparently a lot of Stonemason is 50%. So instead of listing all of them, here's a few more- then just surf his store.
    Streets of Old London    The Streets of Tuscany

Salem City     Starts at 50%

IDG Portrait Studio 2 Bundle   Starts at 50%

Truancy Bundle (G2M)  Starts at 50%

DMR Totem Bundle (Generation 4)  Starts at 50%

then skipping a lot of the older content like Generation 4, there's just too much. Here's a few more recent items:

Mei Lin 6 Geisha Bundle   Starts 58%

Strict Enforcement Bundle   Starts 58%

Alsace     Starts 50%   (This is my screensaver, love this set!) 

TerraDome 3 Iray  Starts 66% off

Then going through, noticed Faveral's store, like Stonemason, has several that start with 50%. So that's going through about eight pages. Hope your New Year's Eve is perfect, the fireworks have started going off so I need to put the dogs outside for a bit and take a break.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited January 2018

I'm going to have to remove the Dave Barry link as it's too political. Even though it's not on the forums, the more I read of it, the focus is on politics for 98% of the article. That's a shame as so many other things happened which could have been satired. If you want to find it, type in Miami Herald Dave Barry's  2017Year in Review: Did that really happen?    

Post edited by Novica on

Is there a way to tell from what set a morph comes from? Some you can tell from the hierarchy but others not.

edited January 2018
    RGcincy said:

Is there a way to tell from what set a morph comes from? Some you can tell from the hierarchy but others not.

Not sure what you mean by hierarchy?  For the sliders, I go in to Parameters, hit the cog on the slider, Parameter Settings, then look at the path. Morphs are done by the Vendor>Product Name usually. It was interesting, in a conversation with Richard, he had submitted the suggestion to get those sliders organized and they didn't implement it. I hate that they're willy-nilly all over the place. And it's dumb, you have to know what to put in the search box (for the sliders) to find the slider! 

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Not sure what you mean by hierarchy?  

I meant the parameters tab structure Actor/Full Body/Real People/etc.

Novica said:
    For the sliders, I go in to Parameters, hit the cog on the slider, Parameter Settings, then look at the path... And it's dumb, you have to know what to put in the search box (for the sliders) to find the slider! 

Ok, I had done that but the path is cryptic for some. They really should have a tool tip pop up or some means to show where a morph comes from. And I agree about the search function - not the best.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

The only way I've been able to tell the origins of the morph is to actually go into the data folder and root them out from the VEndor folders they've been put in. Unfortunately, not all pa's color coordinate or group their morphs together....Although some do.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

can you select "currently used" in the parameters tab/shaping tab? sometimes that may help.  

RGcincy said:

jakiblue said:

can you select "currently used" in the parameters tab/shaping tab? sometimes that may help.  

Yes, that helps isolate which ones are invoked. Clicking on the gear icon and seeing the path seems the best way to get the name. Some are easy, some less so.

The only way I've been able to tell the origins of the morph is to actually go into the data folder and root them out from the Vendor folders they've been put in. Unfortunately, not all pa's color coordinate or group their morphs together....Although some do.

I like the ones who color code, since once you identify one you can identify the others. That assumes the PA's use unique colors.

• RGcincy said:

Set just that morph, then run http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

how does that work? i set up a scene and then clicked the script.....nothing happened at all.  

RGcincy said:

Set just that morph, then run http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start

• I look them up on the DAZ readme site like this on google:

site:docs.daz3d.com/doku.php "iris concave"

• jakiblue said:

how does that work? i set up a scene and then clicked the script.....nothing happened at all.  

RGcincy said:

It prints to the log or the ScriptIDE - I ran it by pasting into the IDE (Window>Panes(Tabs)>ScriptIDE) and clicking Execute, then reading the output at the bottom of the pane.

In case you folks want to find that later, go to the References (first page of this thread)  I put it in the A-H Tips, "Finding Morphs/Products in a scene."  It's easy to remember, you're trying to FIND something so it will be in the F's and "Find" as the first word. 

edited January 2018

Here's my best attempt at flabby underarms on base Genesis 8 female. I was hoping I could add more weight to the undrearm by the elbow but I didn't find anything right off.

With morphs:

Without:

Morphs used:

HY Detailed Morphs for Genesis 8 Female:  Arm Back Depth at 172% ... Armpit Up-Down at 200%

Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs:  Upper Arms Size at 34%

GHD SomeBody - Morphs for Genesis 8 Female: GHD Arms Size at 27% ... GHD Underarm Fat at 115%

Genesis 8 Female Body Morph Resource Kit 2: Underarm Adjust at 100%

Underarm sag with morphs.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 146K
    Underarm sag default.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 145K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

Thanks, handy to know! Works good on G3F but I couldn't get anything on a G8F.

You can have multiple morphs set if all you want is a list of morph sets used, otherwise, just have one morph applied to get its set name.

This discussion has been closed.