The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

rummage rummage gingersnaps  yayy  dunkin tea angel

he's a mean 1, mr grinch, misssterrr grrriiiiiin inchh

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,688
    Chohole said:

It's decision time as I try to finish working out the christmas food shopping list.

Shall I treat myself to

1:- Cherry Brandy
    2:- Apricot Brandy
    3:- Honey Brandy
    4:- Christmas Honey Brandy

I gather the Christmas Honey Brandy has like mulled wine spices in it as well.

...Slivovitz.is on mine.

...well got all the stuff out of one locker (which was shared with a friend).  Not too bad took just over an hour.

Looks lke a nice day today, may get out for a bit but going to avoid any of the major stores.

Yeah, all the CG houses are offering black Friday discounts, even CG Trader and Turbosquid.  Even so a lot of items at those last two places are still too expensive.

So I see the spell check utility is now flagging typos of short words like "the" "and" and "had", but not suggesting the proper corrections when you click on them so still have to make the corrections manually.  Who made up the dictionary?

kyoto kid said:

...well got all the stuff out of one locker (which was shared with a friend).  Not too bad took just over an hour.

Looks lke a nice day today, may get out for a bit but going to avoid any of the major stores.

Yeah, all the CG houses are offering black Friday discounts, even CG Trader and Turbosquid.  Even so a lot of items at those last two places are still too expensive.

So I see the spell check utility is now flagging typos of short words like "the" "and" and "had", but not suggesting the proper corrections when you click on them so still have to make the corrections manually.  Who made up the dictionary?

3 letter words

edited November 2017

...yeah, as someone with dyslexia, the lack of logical correction suggestions makes me want to say four letter words.

For example "hte" and teh" are very common typos for the word "the" but "the" doesn't show up in the list of corrections here on the forums.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,116
    Tjohn said:

I was mulling over some mulled cider but I decidered against it. 

laugh​  laugh​  

Dana

Mistara said:

rockettes in the macys parade

how they doing that in 30 degrees?

Their smiles are cosmetically frozed in place!   laugh​  

An agry bird!

Dana

NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:

..ugh frozen water from the sky.

Had enough of that here last year when the city was shut down for a week after one of the heaviest single snowstorms in decades hit us (14").  The only ploughs that were operating were at the airport and the state DOT which maintains the freeways and state/national highways.  Most city streets, even main ones, often are not ploughed because the city doesn't have enough equipment or personnel since such a heavy snowfall is quite rare. Most of the time we get an inch or three and it melts by late afternoon or turns to freezing rain.

I'll turn my fan up to high and point it in your direction, upper 70s tomorrow. :-O

But has your room...ummm..."cleared" yet?   cheeky

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. 70,  87% humidity and the ground is bone dry an hour or so past dawn after a night of sheet lightning and roof-shaking thunder ;

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    Mistara said:
    kyoto kid said:

3 letter words

Kitteh laze on teh car pet :)

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    Chohole said:

It's decision time as I try to finish working out the christmas food shopping list.

Shall I treat myself to

In my never-humble opinion, none on that list is a loser.  I'd go with the Christmas honey brandy since it's seasonal. :)

Chohole said:

Shall I treat myself to

In my never-humble opinion, none on that list is a loser.  I'd go with the Christmas honey brandy since it's seasonal. :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,527
    kyoto kid said:

..ugh frozen water from the sky.

Had enough of that here last year when the city was shut down for a week after one of the heaviest single snowstorms in decades hit us (14").  The only ploughs that were operating were at the airport and the state DOT which maintains the freeways and state/national highways.  Most city streets, even main ones, often are not ploughed because the city doesn't have enough equipment or personnel since such a heavy snowfall is quite rare. Most of the time we get an inch or three and it melts by late afternoon or turns to freezing rain.

We had a very minor winter last year. We had record low temps, but only had snow 4 total days which gave us about 2ft of snow.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2017
    NVIATWAS said:
    Chohole said:

Shall I treat myself to

I have to admit I was tending to go in that direction.   I have alread bought some Christmas tea    but haven't tried it yet.   I do like the traditional christmassy spices.

Oh, and I have Christmas spice essence to go in my Pure Aire air purifier.  That's left over from last year.

Post edited by Chohole on

floundeing on space station harbor master, cuz is just silly 

Happy Friday!  Sort of...

My Web is slower than molasses in Canada, but I don't know if it's that the router needs a reboot, I moved my laptop, or Bkacl Friday insanity.  Just ugh.

Slept until Noon, was up until Midnight playing games, then off and on all-night run to the bathroom.  Only today are my intestines quieting down!!  Getting too old for real spicy food.

Drinking my last flavored coffee - cinnamon spice - and it actually tastes like cinnamon spice!  The variety box I got was about 40% losers, blech.  Back to tea now.

I might need to get a repeater or a signal booster - there are 3 walls and a stairwell in line of sight of the router, and plenty of pipes and wiring in the way.  If I have to, I'll replace the rrouter with a pro-grade business router but I really don't want to spend the money.  Feh.

Complaint: OUT OF CHEESE!!!! OMFG NO CHEESE!!! HELPPPPPP!

Non-complaint: Cheese ordered, along with veggie chips and hummus, to be delivered tomorrow between Noon and 2pm.  Whew!

Back to getting slaughtered by leather-clad bow-weilding bondage archers. It's like 2 dozen skimpwear Vickys with magic arrows and deaadly aim. How depressing.. killed by Vicky.. :|

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Complaint: nothing on my buy list was discounted in the sales sad

Non-complaint: I saved a helluva lot of money!! laugh

Complaint: nothing on my buy list was discounted in the sales sad

Non-complaint: I saved a helluva lot of money!! laugh

Ha, that works!!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,839

I am frustrated with current free giveaway because it looks like they picked out freebies from my library.  I got most of the items already.

snap cicuit jr came

i dont have prezzie name tags, forgot i used em up last year

Just installed Adblock plus on Chrome.. turns out some big online retailers are using 'session replay scripts' to record every mouse action and keystoke!  No thanks!  Adblock Plus blacklists the script provider sites, apparently, so I feel safer now.  What next?!?!?!?!

Time to heat up and butter some dinner rolls before I go back to being killed.  Le sigh.  Maybe I don't really need the loot... :|

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,281
    edited November 2017

Speaking of Christmas Tea, I was browbeat into trying something of a seasonal drink yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner.  "Here try this, you'll like it".  Um, no thanks my body doesn't really tolerate liquors well anymore.  "Oh, go on. it's a holiday tradition called a Tom & Jerry***, made with cream, brandy & rum."  So, not wanting to be the wet blanket at the family gathering (although that's my usual role) I tried it.  Gad, awful. sickningly sweet, burning, creamy concoction. It's too cruel to use to kill fire ants with.   It was worse than that other traditional drink called "Glogg" that I've been shamed into drinking in previous years. Gag me with a spoon!  Besides after my surgery my doctor told me not to drink any alcohol for a couple days, and now I know why.  It opened up my internal cuts and I started peeing blood strongly again, and my muscles have ached terribly all day today.  It's taken me another full day to get over that drink.   I was quite happy with water at the dinner table.  Why couldn't they just leave me to my own devices.  I thought I did quite well socially by bringing the artichoke hearts and the pricey dark chocolate mint after-dinner treats and leave them in a dish without forcing them on anyone**.  When will I learn to actually say no to liquors?  (sigh)

Begin complaint:  And sure enough, despite all the warnings that we've received from social pundits about not discussing politics at Thanksgiving, there was one person at the table whose eyes started narrowing and getting bleary and his voice started raising and sluring and it wasn't long before a loud exclamation about how things should be was unexpectedly interjected to the embarassment of everybody else at the table.  Luckily the temptation to expound was ignored by all and the bait wasn't taken.  Although I think I did roll my eyes a bit and slide a few inches further away from him.  End Complaint:

I think I would have liked a nice Christmas Tea.

** Let's turn the scene around.  I bring the chocolates and walk around pestering people and saying; "Here, try these they're really good and it's a traditional thing for the season." Um, no thanks,  I'm diabetic now and I don't much care for chocolate anymore, too sweet. "Oh, go on, it's dark chocolate, really good dark chocolate and mint.  It couldn't hurt to have just one."  Well, I don't want to offend.  OK, but if I start acting wierd, confused and pass out, be sure to call my doctor.

*** Regarding my opinion of the "Tom & Jerry" drink:   I can compare it to a flamable Harry Potter Butterbeer complete with foam mustache.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2017

craving peanutbuttah

this chocolate wine is useless as medicine, doesnt warm my insides, doesnt dull aches.  meh bah humbug

Post edited by Mistara on

...yeah, I prefer a hot toddy or three for that.  Speaking of which need to get some honey and cinnamon sticks, going to be a cold rainy weekend.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,527

God I love hot toddies. Perfect for a sick day

Ingredients

• 1 oz whiskey
    • 1 oz honey liqueur
    • 6 oz hot water
    • 1 lemon wedge
    • 1 cinnamon stick for garnish

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients in a tall Irish coffee glass or mug. Mix together using the cinnamon stick and serve.

• Non-complaint: It took overtime but DUKE WINS!

• Yea!

GriffindorWins.jpg
    500 x 604 - 53K

This discussion has been closed.