The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ps1borg said:
    Mistara said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

seems like i'm on my own thanksgiving. colds and runny noses making the rounds.  sigh.

got the slowcooker and breadmachine out.  and a 5 day weekend, plenty of time to slow cook  lol

...going to be four days of major tech work for me.  Family is all on the other side of hte country and not into dealing with the torture that is known as air travel today for only a four day visit.

Supposed to be pretty wet all holiday weekend (save Friday but not setting a foot outside with all the retail madness that will be going on), so good time to stay in.  Besides holidays are meant fo families and kids, not old single people like myself.

Thread party *\o/*

yeah!!  

chips n dip, n eggnogg, n pineapple pizza

Can bring balloons ;)

balloons in the Macy's parade  my favorite is underdog

edited November 2017

rockettes in the macys parade

how they doing that in 30 degrees?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:

tobasco and dark chocolate?

...that sounds like two tastes that should never have met each other.  Never liked Tabasco, not so much too hot as too vinegary.

Also never understood the fascination with sour candy, I always thought candy was supposed to be sweet.

I've had chipotle with chocolate, oddly if done carefully it tastes pretty good, sweet with a bit of a kick.  But not Tabasco, as you saiid, too vinegary. Barf.

Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

not sure where it came from, sippsing prince of wales tea.

a woman Earl would be Earless?  thinkin Duke, Duchess

Countess   as Earl is the English equivalent of a Count.  Count is not used in the British hierarchy.   The wife of an Earl is more often referred to as Lady

Lady earl gray smiley

they should give Lady Chatterly her own tea enlightenedsmiley

Lady Chatterly, erm, not sure what flavor would work... some things come to mind, but alas TOS violations all... :-o

Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate and if you're not a turkey.  If your a turkey, RUN FOR IT!!!

@LG: Glad you're out of the hospital, but geeeeeze, that's more adventure than I think is required! I hope you and Mr. Willy heal quickly and completely!!

Today's complaint: ate 2 burritos yesterday, in a row, and now my intestines are hating on me.  Definitely don't feel like eating anything right now.. ugh.. the grind of angry intestines fills the room!   Hopefully it'll settle down soon.  When the package says 'Red hot beef and bean', they're not kidding!

NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

Countess   as Earl is the English equivalent of a Count.  Count is not used in the British hierarchy.   The wife of an Earl is more often referred to as Lady

Lady earl gray smiley

Lady Chatterly, erm, not sure what flavor would work... some things come to mind, but alas TOS violations all... :-o

tastes like, not chicken 

• NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

Lady earl gray smiley

I don't know about Lady Chatterly, but they did give Lady Godiva her own chocolates. yes

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    Petercat said:
    kyoto kid said:

..ugh holidays, fine for families and people who have kids. For those like myself it means businesses/services are closed, banks are closed, buses run on crappy schedules, no mail deliveries, and stupid holiday programmes on the telly.

That's what comfy chairs, good books, and hot chocolate are for.
    And a classy robe, gotta wear a classy robe to make it perfect.

...I used to have one for many years I called the "robe of many colours" because it really was. Sadly age took its toll on it.  Would love to find another because it was incredibly warm and comfy   Do have milk and cocoa for hot cocoa as well as a half bottle of good Irish whiskey left. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448
    Mistara said:

TIME DESCRIPTION TEMP FEELS PRECIP HUMIDITY WIND

12:00 PM

THU

Sunny 38° 32°

0%

49%

NW 10 mph

eeek it's even colder in C

THU

Sunny

0%

48% NW 16 km/h

thanksgiving would be more thankful if i could sit out in the sun with a beer.

I whole heartedly agree. I'm stuck drinking a beer in the house. Our temp are a bit better than that so far thank god. It's going to be fairly nice this next week. 40'sF and 50'sF. A welcome change.

Back from surgery.  AOK, generally.  However, the experience was interesting.  Aside from the reaming out of my willy, the catheter removal, the peeing blood, clots & scabs, being made to stay in bed all day, tasteless hospital food tailored strictly to my diet (blech), I had an extra adventure.  It seems I was having a reaction to something other than my normal medications or hospital food. indecision

Right after the surgery I was wide awake.  No drowsiness.  And I stayed that way for 39 hours.  I couldn't sleep to save my soul.  I started getting loopy and talked like I was on meth.  I told some of my more risque stories of my misspent youth to the nurses and I know they won't forget me.  In addition, everytime I closed my eyes I was treated to the most interesting hallucinations. surprise  Same form everytime I closed my eyes.  It would be like a flat 2D black screen just out of arms reach with salt sprinkled on it like stars or sometimes in regular grid or sometimes in lumps, but always white on black, except a few times when it was red on black.  Then as I looked at them (remember I'm fully awake and am watching this like a movie) the salt grains would slide into lines or curves or filled in areas I and see things like people's heads, landscapes, galaxies.  They would either morph into other forms or I could keep them as the same scene and zoom into it to see it in more detail.  The images were stable as long as I wanted them to be.  I could play with them.  It was like lucid dreaming but more of a lucid hallucination, but always black & white or black & red and always 2D except a couple of times when a small spot of white would appear and I'd zoom in on that it it would be come a flat bottomed tunnel in 3D that I could zoom into, which would then morph into some new scene.  Sometimes part of the image would start sliding left or right all by itself at a steady rate.  Like it was scrolling, I didn't have to pay attention to it, that part of the image would continue to scroll sideways until I decided to pick out something in it to concentrate on and I'd zoom over to it and then start zooming into it.  I found it difficult to zoom out though.  But if I was careful I could back away from an image and see again what had been out of my view for a moment but usually when I tried to back out of a zoomed in image the image would break apart and form something new. yes

This was all fascinating but I got no sleep.  My brain was working overtime to find patterns.  I could function just fine with my eyes open but as soon as I closed them, the black & white sketch images would appear and I had a great time playing with them.  When I finally got out of the hospital and away from whatever they had been pumping into me, or away perhaps long enough from the anesthetic they had put me under, that had given me this skill of creating these fantastic hallucinations on demand, the skill was lost. sad But I did sleep 12 hours last night, and I feel normal again today, except that I'm still peeing clots and scabs, and now and then a little dribble of blood, but am getting better, and I can pee like a race horse again. Yea!  smiley TMI?

...yikes, not sure I'd like to experience the same not knowing what caused it.  My last "out there" incident was back in the 80s after drinking tea made from a certain type of mycota that grew in the area though that experience was vividly colourful. 

The interesting part about it is I have night blindness but had no trouble guiding folks to and from the meadow we were in without any light source.

...oh and those little winged folk, they're out there in the woods....really.

...and yes, I slept for something like 14 hours after that.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Happy holidays, except for me is TGIF workday here ;)

Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

Lady earl gray smiley

...in my story there's a Lady Grande blend, named after a noble per

NVIATWAS said:

Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate and if you're not a turkey.  If your a turkey, RUN FOR IT!!!

@LG: Glad you're out of the hospital, but geeeeeze, that's more adventure than I think is required! I hope you and Mr. Willy heal quickly and completely!!

Today's complaint: ate 2 burritos yesterday, in a row, and now my intestines are hating on me.  Definitely don't feel like eating anything right now.. ugh.. the grind of angry intestines fills the room!   Hopefully it'll settle down soon.  When the package says 'Red hot beef and bean', they're not kidding!

...heated armed up part of the batch of homemade burrito filling I cooked up the other night.  Yeah they had a a bit of a kick to them as I used one and a quarter large green chili peppers in the mix.  topped them off with onions, cheese, sour creme, and Tapatio™.  Not so bad that it gave me the grumbles, but did keep me warm for most of the evening.

Tonight it's Cajun seasoned dead fish with roasted red potatoes and slow cooked buttered baby carrots.

frank0314 said:
    Mistara said:

TIME DESCRIPTION TEMP FEELS PRECIP HUMIDITY WIND

THU

Sunny 38° 32°

0%

49%

NW 10 mph

eeek it's even colder in C

THU

Sunny

0%

48% NW 16 km/h

thanksgiving would be more thankful if i could sit out in the sun with a beer.

I whole heartedly agree. I'm stuck drinking a beer in the house. Our temp are a bit better than that so far thank god. It's going to be fairly nice this next week. 40'sF and 50'sF. A welcome change.

...actually been rather mild here in the upper 50s.  Yesterday wasn't bad as there were large patches of visible sky in the late afternoon and early evening.  After I got home the rain came back with a vengeance. Today, 63° in the hood but nowhere to go as everything is closed for the holiday.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,448
    edited November 2017

We had snow all morning up till about 3:00pm

Post edited by frank0314 on

..ugh frozen water from the sky.

Had enough of that here last year when the city was shut down for a week after one of the heaviest single snowstorms in decades hit us (14").  The only ploughs that were operating were at the airport and the state DOT which maintains the freeways and state/national highways.  Most city streets, even main ones, often are not ploughed because the city doesn't have enough equipment or personnel since such a heavy snowfall is quite rare. Most of the time we get an inch or three and it melts by late afternoon or turns to freezing rain.

4 hours !  new freeb up

kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

Lady earl gray smiley

...in my story there's a Lady Grande blend, named after a noble per

NVIATWAS said:

...heated armed up part of the batch of homemade burrito filling I cooked up the other night.  Yeah they had a a bit of a kick to them as I used one and a quarter large green chili peppers in the mix.  topped them off with onions, cheese, sour creme, and Tapatio™.  Not so bad that it gave me the grumbles, but did keep me warm for most of the evening.

Tonight it's Cajun seasoned dead fish with roasted red potatoes and slow cooked buttered baby carrots.

baby carots, save them from the walrus!

ps1borg said:

TGIF!  may as well start now.  time to try the chocolate wine

...well chocolate with red wine isn't a bad idea but together in the same bottle?

There is chocolate wine ? Choc beer (stout?) is a beverage too far imo  :o

edited November 2017
    Mistara said:
    ps1borg said:

TGIF!  may as well start now.  time to try the chocolate wine

Lunchtime Friday

not myday

is missing, say

Some dead fish on a tray

cos the fry place is too far away

Post edited by ps1borg on

is the pennsylvania dutch chocolate wine

tastes like the chcolate covered mushy cheries 

NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:
    Mistara said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

Lady earl gray smiley

I don't know about Lady Chatterly, but they did give Lady Godiva her own chocolates. yes

Well, Lady Godiva rode naked on a horse, which I imagine was wildly popular with the peasants.  Lady Chatterly was merely having it off with one of the help, which isn't going to make too many people happy!

ps1borg said:

There is chocolate wine ? Choc beer (stout?) is a beverage too far imo  :o

...well Choclate Stout gets its name from the type of malt used (not real chocolate) which sort of gives it a similar flavour.

kyoto kid said:

..ugh frozen water from the sky.

Had enough of that here last year when the city was shut down for a week after one of the heaviest single snowstorms in decades hit us (14").  The only ploughs that were operating were at the airport and the state DOT which maintains the freeways and state/national highways.  Most city streets, even main ones, often are not ploughed because the city doesn't have enough equipment or personnel since such a heavy snowfall is quite rare. Most of the time we get an inch or three and it melts by late afternoon or turns to freezing rain.

I'll turn my fan up to high and point it in your direction, upper 70s tomorrow. :-O

Chocolate wine, ugh, no thank you.

Had dinner rolls with melted butter and bbq turkey meatballs, using peach/pecan bbq sauce.  Very tasty!  Didn't cook the stuffing, the yam, or use the gravy so there's tomorrow's food, yum.Sipping Mint Magic tea and playing Diablo II, I've been killed 3 times in a row, in a dungeon, by demon archer women in leather bondage gear.  How ignoble!  They basically turn me into a pincushion.

Will sleep late tomorrow and slack off all day, Saturday is for running cables, and Sunday is for updating software.  Fun. :|

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

...yeah enjoying a nice quiet day today. 

Dead fish still thawing, should be ready in another 30 min or so.

Have wine, have Irish whiskey (for later) was 63° today, yeah, been a good day.  Haven't even checked the "turkey bowl" games today as the NFL's became kind of "meh" after Aaron Rodgers went down for the season and Green Bay's O-Line became the walking wounded. Saturday's the big game in my book, final game of the regular Big Ten (well, "Big Fourteen") season for Wisconsin who could finish out undefeated (for the first time in 105 years) with a win against Minnesota.

Tomorrow, retrieving some items from storage in the morning.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It's decision time as I try to finish working out the christmas food shopping list.

Shall I treat myself to

1:- Cherry Brandy
    2:- Apricot Brandy
    3:- Honey Brandy
    4:- Christmas Honey Brandy

I gather the Christmas Honey Brandy has like mulled wine spices in it as well.

cherry brandy heart

bah hum bug  holiday delayed my paycheq deposit, usully hits on friday. cool

i like this but dunno if would ever need it  https://www.daz3d.com/corsair-for-m5-and-genesis

mebbe a variation for space station harbor patrols

This discussion has been closed.