The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242

Sunday!  And SUNday is right, it's too freaking bright outside!  I don't need sunglasses, I need welding goggles, I swear.  And they predicted rain.. welcome to Central Texas.

In pain today, as expected.  Hooray for aspirin and coffee!  But almost everything is set up and tested, so I'm just waiting for some parts from Amazon that arrive tomorrow and both the computer lab and music studio will be operational.  Once it's all done, I'll make a video tour of my room and post it on YouTube, but I'll need to make the bed (feh).

Breakfast was a warmed-up bbq steak omg so good, next it's fresh red leaf lettuce!!  I'm going to try to eat healthier and cook more as packaged genoa salami costs as much as a pack of chicken thighs!!  It's crazy, even cheese is stupid expensive.  Back to low-sodium corn chips and salsa for snacks.

Other than that, about to cook up sweet Italian sausage and spinach in Alfredo sauce in the air fryer, will make 2 meals worth.  I still have a can of baby carrots I need to do something with...

Had my first beer in 3 months last night - Arrogant Bastard Ale, 2 bottles.  I have 4 left so I'm in good shape.   Was a nice, tasty sip. :)

• Dishwasher drain in the kitchen is now working.  New tech shook his head when he saw that the new disposal's plug hadn't been removed.  I said, "you're going to give so-and-so (the other tech) some crap about that, I take it?"  He smiled.

But he couldn't fix the hot water unit.  It all checks out okay, too; there's water flow and electricity where those things are supposed to be, but no hot water coming out of the business end of the unit.  So I'll have a new appointment for a replacement unit tomorrow and another day without a shower.  At least it's under warranty...for like another 9 years!

Dishwasher drain in the kitchen is now working.  New tech shook his head when he saw that the new disposal's plug hadn't been removed.  I said, "you're going to give so-and-so (the other tech) some crap about that, I take it?"  He smiled.

But he couldn't fix the hot water unit.  It all checks out okay, too; there's water flow and electricity where those things are supposed to be, but no hot water coming out of the business end of the unit.  So I'll have a new appointment for a replacement unit tomorrow and another day without a shower.  At least it's under warranty...for like another 9 years!

One thing at a time, I guess... :|

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,435

My garbage disposer broke down so when I use the dishwasher the sink fills almost completely full. Gotta call maintance to get it fixed.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,738

I have to go to the mall by six am on black Friday.  Uggghh!

• NVIATWAS said:

Dishwasher drain in the kitchen is now working.  New tech shook his head when he saw that the new disposal's plug hadn't been removed.  I said, "you're going to give so-and-so (the other tech) some crap about that, I take it?"  He smiled.

Yes, and at least the dishwasher is running now so I can get the kitchen back into cooking condition reasonably quickly.  As long as the microwave or stovetop keep working, I can make hot water.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,197
    edited November 2017

Thanks to everybody for the birthday wishes. smiley

Mini-adventure to Erie, PA for steak and sweet potato and dessert was more of an adventure than I'd expected.  Started off OK but as soon as I started up the range of hills between here and Erie the drizzle turned to sleet, then snow, then almost white-out.  Slipping on icy patches, slewed by the wind, blinded by the snow, but as soon as I broke over the top of the last hill the sky showed some blue, the snow stopped and the sea like vista of Lake Erie lay before me.  It was just like a Sibelius symphony (#2).  Naive journeyer encounters unexpected trials but fights his way through, and persistence wins the day as he bursts through the final windstorm and sees his destination in full view in all its glory.  If that sounds familiar, it should.  I commented on it once before in this forum. smiley  Journey back was just as bad if not worse. frown

I love the Sibelius 2nd Symphony. I see it as a mental picture of a difficult journey through the Scandanavian mountains, in places grand, dark, dangerous, morose, joyful, fearful, or inspiring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAOf46CXaaw

There are places where you can hear the main theme trying to emerge only to be submerged by darkness, till finally in the 4th movement it bursts through and engulfs you. (descriptions below are my feelings)

1st Movement @ 0:00 the adventure begins naively but quickly troubles begin to periodically appear , but are quickly conquered in turn until...

2nd movement @ 11:55 dark troubles abound, the path is lost, ...

3rd movement @ 30:00 a promising path is found ...

4th movement @ 35:50 the path is clear. then @ 42:20 the clouds part (I cry every time) Then you brace yourself through the windstorm in the mountain pass @ 48:30 and stand on the far side of last ridge viewing your destination finally before you in the valley below, unobstructed.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited November 2017

...LeatherGryphon, Happy 69th trip around our central main sequence stellar primary and the galactic core. 

WIth galactic motion added the total distance travelled is approximately 846,878,400,000 miles

Closing in on the trillion mile club.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Bliss to sleep in on a workday, even better to wake up to a stiff sea breeze and a conga-line of squawking seagulls that have pwnd our sunny blue sky :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

eeLLectricity is back!!!  

my whole area was out.

5:45-pm my 1st cuppa hot all day.

• kyoto kid said:

...LeatherGryphon, Happy 69th trip around our central main sequence stellar primary and the galactic core. 

WIth galactic motion added the total distance travelled is approximately 846,878,400,000 miles

Should I put it on my bucket list?  How long?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,738

I have two buckets but no list.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited November 2017

Mini-adventure to Erie, PA for steak and sweet potato and dessert was more of an adventure than I'd expected.  Started off OK but as soon as I started up the range of hills between here and Erie the drizzle turned to sleet, then snow, then almost white-out.  Slipping on icy patches, slewed by the wind, blinded by the snow, but as soon as I broke over the top of the last hill the sky showed some blue, the snow stopped and the sea like vista of Lake Erie lay before me.  It was just like a Sibelius symphony (#2).  Naive journeyer encounters unexpected trials but fights his way through, and persistence wins the day as he bursts through the final windstorm and sees his destination in full view in all its glory.  If that sounds familiar, it should.  I commented on it once before in this forum. smiley  Journey back was just as bad if not worse. frown

Wow, it sounds like you walked.  In the sleet, snow, a driving blizzard, a skin-removing sandstorm, and a monsoon, all at once.  Uphill.  Both ways.  surprise

Mental note from self to self:  Remember, breaking bones in ice, having sleet slice into your face, drowning in a frozen-over lake, or dying of hypothermia or carbon monoxide poisoning upside down in a snowbank is no fun.  These things are the opposites of fun, even if only experienced one at a time.  This is precisely why you moved to Florida.  You moved FOR the global warming!  Never ever forget that.  angel

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • I have two buckets but no list.

Everybdoy needs a bucket list.  I'm doing the next thing on mine right now; learning how to bake a pie.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,197
    edited November 2017

Wow, it sounds like you walked.  In the sleet, snow, a driving blizzard, a skin-removing sandstorm, and a monsoon, all at once.  Uphill.  Both ways.  surprise

Well, in truth I cheated a little.  I was driving.  In a luxurious leather upholstered big old American automobile with a working heater, a personal library of high fidelity stereo classical music, as well as snacks and drinks.  So, the dangers, though real, did not imply discomfort. indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Thanks to everybody for the birthday wishes. smiley

Well, in truth I cheated a little.  I was driving.  In a luxurious leather upholstered big old American automobile with a working heater, a personal library of high fidelity stereo classical music, as well as snacks and drinks.  So, the dangers, though real, did not imply discomfort. indecision

Ahh, okay.  Literary license.  Well done!

kyoto kid said:

Should I put it on my bucket list?  How long?

...13 more years.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,093
    kyoto kid said:

I doubt very much we've made a trip around the galactic core in one year.  We'd have to be very close to it to make such good time.

Dana

..true, a full orbit would take about 230 million years. Just couldn't think of another way to describe it.

Finding the idea of hurtling around a black hole at squillions of m/sec unsettling :)

Mistara said:

eeLLectricity is back!!!  

my whole area was out.

Cold beer weather here for a few days :.)

edited November 2017

...hot toddy weather here.  Need brandy, honey, and cinnamon (though Irish whiskey would do just fine).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    ps1borg said:

Mistara said:

eeLLectricity is back!!!  

my whole area was out.

Cold beer weather here for a few days :.)

kyoto kid said:

...hot toddy weather here.  Need brandy, honey, and cinnamon (though Irish whiskey would do just fine).

chocolate wine smiley  same brand as makes the eggnogg  Pennsylvania dutch

almost midnight?  took 6 hours to do my laundry in the twin tub.

they asked me to work tomorrow.  6 hours of sleep time tnight >.<

kyoto kid said:

Beer and flies here, feels like early summer :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Winter is coming.  Fortunately, a friend made me a bottle of coquito tradicional.  yes

I have to go to the mall by six am on black Friday.  Uggghh!

Ugghhhh is right.  That blows!

NVIATWAS said:

Yes, and at least the dishwasher is running now so I can get the kitchen back into cooking condition reasonably quickly.  As long as the microwave or stovetop keep working, I can make hot water.

Too bad you can't figure out a way to fit in the dishwasher...!

ps1borg said:

Morning. Bliss to sleep in on a workday, even better to wake up to a stiff sea breeze and a conga-line of squawking seagulls that have pwnd our sunny blue sky :)

Good morning!  And watch out, all the seagulls I've ever met were mean as heck!

Mistara said:

eeLLectricity is back!!!  

my whole area was out.

Ughhhh, too long to wait for coffee!

This discussion has been closed.