The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Wheeeeeee, injury and death defied - I had a nice scrubby shower!

For most folks a shower is a pleasant experience.  For me, it's a death trap.. slippery tub, no railings on walls, tub mat hard to see.. so it's a real challenge to get a good scrub and not end up calling 911 for broken body parts.  I've gotten good at showering blindly.. but damn do I need a back scrubber, my little scrungie mesh scrubber just won't quite reach.

Off to Amazon!

If there is a Dollar store near you, try there first.  Scrubby on a stick.  That's what I use.  No problem reaching the center of my back!

Dana

If I weren't stuck at home until I get my prosthesis adjusted I'd do that.  Lacking the ability to travel far, I ordered a scrubby on a stick from Amazon, in a pleasing forest green.  Not sure how it'll do with my tropical fish blue shower curtain...

Lunch break!  About half a pouns of Summer sausage, lots of garlic (burp) and an Emergen-C.

So far cleaned the air fryer for bbq duties later, moved all of the system except the external HDDs over to the large table, but 22in and 24in monitor in operation.  I'm up and running about 75 percent, next up is moving the two drives over here and hooking up the USB hub.  I have Task Manager on the left monitor and I amuse myself watching all 8 cores do very ;ittle.

Groceries delivered, fresh red leaf letruce, a frozen Shepherds pie, beef chicken and turkey pot pies, 2 burritos, six pork tamales, and a box of herbed stuffing mix.  I sure won't starve!

Rest time.  I can feel the shoulders trying to cramp... blech...

Ok, done for the day - music keyboard set up and operational, music software working, small rolling set works perfectly for both keyboard and guitar.  Just waiting for parts on Monday, a USB charging station for the keyboard and LED work light, and the guitar amp.

Taking aspirin and considering sending out for beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer... :-o

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    NVIATWAS said:

Lunch break!  About half a pouns of Summer sausage, lots of garlic (burp) and an Emergen-C.

So far cleaned the air fryer for bbq duties later, moved all of the system except the external HDDs over to the large table, but 22in and 24in monitor in operation.  I'm up and running about 75 percent, next up is moving the two drives over here and hooking up the USB hub.  I have Task Manager on the left monitor and I amuse myself watching all 8 cores do very ;ittle.

Groceries delivered, fresh red leaf letruce, a frozen Shepherds pie, beef chicken and turkey pot pies, 2 burritos, six pork tamales, and a box of herbed stuffing mix.  I sure won't starve!

How well do those air fryers work?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

We are on page 13.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...thread's moving fast again.

Backup backup backup, woo hoo Wisconsin defeats Michigan 24 - 10, backup backup backup...

Time for a break to do a real market trip as it is actually dry out today,  Tomorrow back to the air turning to water again.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

For most folks a shower is a pleasant experience.  For me, it's a death trap.. slippery tub, no railings on walls, tub mat hard to see.. so it's a real challenge to get a good scrub and not end up calling 911 for broken body parts.  I've gotten good at showering blindly.. but damn do I need a back scrubber, my little scrungie mesh scrubber just won't quite reach.

Off to Amazon!

If there is a Dollar store near you, try there first.  Scrubby on a stick.  That's what I use.  No problem reaching the center of my back!

Dana

If I weren't stuck at home until I get my prosthesis adjusted I'd do that.  Lacking the ability to travel far, I ordered a scrubby on a stick from Amazon, in a pleasing forest green.  Not sure how it'll do with my tropical fish blue shower curtain...

Green and blue are great together!  Trees and sky, sea and kelp, no problem!

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited November 2017

Non-complaint:  Ooh, ooh, I've received one of my self pre-birthday presents that I bought at on-line auction.  A beautiful pair of solid (or nearly solid) bronze Chinese Foo Dogs (Imperial Guard Lions).  Each about 4 inches long and 3.5 inches high and each weighing about a pound or maybe two.  They would make very good paperweights in a hurricane or excellent weapons to throw at a household intruder.  Nice black patina with just enough wear to show clean bronze at the toes, ear tips and nostrils.  Very happy 69th birthday to me on Sunday.  I'm going to raid my budget (again) and have a mini-adventure of driving 60 miles to the Outback Steakhouse in Erie, PA and have myself a good steak dinner and their wonderful sweet potato with brown sugar and butter and an over indulgent dessert.  Yum.  Please don't tell my doctor. (I believe, if I remember correctly, the dessert is free on one's birthday) yes (and calories don't count on one's birthday) yesyes

BronzeFooDogs_1200w.jpg
    1200 x 588 - 40K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

We are on page 13.

and caturday is almost ove

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:

Backup backup backup, woo hoo Wisconsin defeats Michigan 24 - 10, backup backup backup...

Time for a break to do a real market trip as it is actually dry out today,  Tomorrow back to the air turning to water again.

sky leaky 

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Bliss to sleep on and off  for fifteen hours or so not complaint. Don’t have to work tomorrow Monday so planning on  sleeping more :Home grown rhubarb for breakfast hmmm needs more sugar :)

Non-complaint:  Ooh, ooh, I've received one of my self pre-birthday presents that I bought at on-line auction.  A beautiful pair of solid (or nearly solid) bronze Chinese Foo Dogs (Imperial Guard Lions).  Each about 4 inches long and 3.5 inches high and each weighing about a pound or maybe two.  They would make very good paperweights in a hurricane or excellent weapons to throw at a household intruder.  Nice black patina with just enough wear to show clean bronze at the toes, ear tips and nostrils.  Very happy 69th birthday to me on Sunday.  I'm going to raid my budget (again) and have a mini-adventure of driving 60 miles to the Outback Steakhouse in Erie, PA and have myself a good steak dinner and their wonderful sweet potato with brown sugar and butter and an over indulgent dessert.  Yum.  Please don't tell my doctor. (I believe, if I remember correctly, the dessert is free on one's birthday) yes (and calories don't count on one's birthday) yesyes

Gorgeous lil doggehs. Happy Birthday :)

Mistara said:
    kyoto kid said:

sky leaky 

Been a bit of flooding in the ‘hood in the usual places from tropical storms, handy to have a sturdy roof occasionally tho everything feels bone dry a few hours before sunset :)

NVIATWAS said:

Ok, done for the day - music keyboard set up and operational, music software working, small rolling set works perfectly for both keyboard and guitar.  Just waiting for parts on Monday, a USB charging station for the keyboard and LED work light, and the guitar amp.

Taking aspirin and considering sending out for beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer... :-o

Tonight I’m going to open a bottle of Irish and watch the sun go down, hopefully slowly. Don’t think I have any work left in me at all  :)

Rezca said:
    Mistara said:

rub a dub dub  3 men in a tub ... tee hee 

Dragon in a tub  :D

Heh LOL :0

Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

has anyone said it yet?  may dFForce be with you

Yes, and, despite the pleas and threats uttered as to what would happen to the first person to dare say it to the first person that did, it was indeed said on the first day it appeared

dFForce with you will always be :)

ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

Yes, and, despite the pleas and threats uttered as to what would happen to the first person to dare say it to the first person that did, it was indeed said on the first day it appeared

Ehhhh...trouble, this one will be!   cheeky

Dana

Happy Birthday, Leather Gryphon!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003

Happy Birthday!

• Happy Birthday @LeatherGryphon!

Enjoy!

• Damn.  Water problems in my house.  Last week, pool issues (overfilled, overdrained, grrr!), then on Wednesday, tankless water heater quit.  On Friday, the InSinkErator started leaking under the kitchen sink.

Disposal has been fixed, so at least I can use the kitchen sink.  But now dishwasher won't drain (I think the tech forgot to remove the plug from the dishwasher port in the disposal), and I'm getting very grouchy having to wash myself with washcloths and a quart of warm water from the microwave.  2nd tech coming out to look at the water heater this morning (first tech thinks it's an electrical problem), and hopefully he'll punch out the plug on the disposal too.

It's amazing how life is distrupted when water isn't flowing correctly.  I have about 3 dishwasher loads to run before I can cook a turkey and bake some bread.  And I'm looking forward to a nice warm shower. 

• Next to air, water is the 2nd most necessary substance.  And we rarely appreciate it until it isn't there.  Ask any SCUBA diver 60 feet down what it's like to go for the next breath and it isn't there! surprise

Hope you get your water problems unplugged.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

Happy 69th, LeatherGryphon!

• Next to air, water is the 2nd most necessary substance.  And we rarely appreciate it until it isn't there.  Ask any SCUBA diver 60 feet down what it's like to go for the next breath and it isn't there! surprise

Hope you get your water problems unplugged.

Thanks!  Just got a call from dispatcher.  Their tech is on the way now, so hopefully everything will be working very soon and I can go buy a turkey.

And also, happy birthday to you.

frank0314 said:
    NVIATWAS said:

I love mine!  It cooks a little more than enough for one person, it came with a cooking pot that fits right inside, and a small grill rack.  It can go from 195F to 400F which is plenty for slow or fast cooking.

The inside is non-stick and the inner cook surface is removaable for ease of cleaning.  Almost everythng, included bbq sauce cooked dry, comes out with a soak and a rinse.

I've cooked taters, bbq chicken, steak, tater tots, small frozen pizzas, bean stews and chili, heated soup, and reheated fried chicken and burgers.  The thing is actually a tiny convection oven so things tend to cook faster than in a conventional oven, and the heat is uniform.

Cooking is easy - either wrap your food in foil, put it into the cooking pot, or lay it on the grill.  Larger foods, just sit directly on the ventilated surface of the inner container.  Spray food with olive oil or very lightly coat, and you can get a golden brown color easily.  Personally I like to halve baby taters and toss them with some spray oil, slow roat at 200f for 25 minutes and they're done!!!  Fish is tricky as the damn thing cooks so fast you can end up with filet of charcoal if you lose track of time.

If this one breaks I'll get another, it forces me to cook fresh with few leftovers.  Oh, and 2 days ago I cooked a pot pie in it!!! The thing is insanely versatile and uses less electric than an oven for small meals, no wasting energy.  It's very insulated and doesn't get too hot to touch on the outside, although it does vent hot air out the back so don't put it closer than one foot to a wall.

Mine is an Avalon Bay and was highly rated on Amazon, it set me back $150 but the price has come down.  Came with the fryer, a non-stick cookpot, a small grill rack, and a reciepe book.

Hope this helps. :)

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:

Off to Amazon!

Dana

Green and blue are great together!  Trees and sky, sea and kelp, no problem!

Dana

I'll find out tomorrow! :)

Sappy birfday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sappy birfday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You look like a Foo Dog

(well, not really)

And you roar like one toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

ps1borg said:
    Chohole said:
    Mistara said:

Odd, you are.

Sense of humor, you lack.

Funny, we speak.

Stupid, I am. :|

Damn.  Water problems in my house.  Last week, pool issues (overfilled, overdrained, grrr!), then on Wednesday, tankless water heater quit.  On Friday, the InSinkErator started leaking under the kitchen sink.

Disposal has been fixed, so at least I can use the kitchen sink.  But now dishwasher won't drain (I think the tech forgot to remove the plug from the dishwasher port in the disposal), and I'm getting very grouchy having to wash myself with washcloths and a quart of warm water from the microwave.  2nd tech coming out to look at the water heater this morning (first tech thinks it's an electrical problem), and hopefully he'll punch out the plug on the disposal too.

It's amazing how life is distrupted when water isn't flowing correctly.  I have about 3 dishwasher loads to run before I can cook a turkey and bake some bread.  And I'm looking forward to a nice warm shower. 

You don't need a tech, you need an exorcism!!!! Crikey, what a pain!!!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    NVIATWAS said:
    frank0314 said:
    NVIATWAS said:

I love mine!  It cooks a little more than enough for one person, it came with a cooking pot that fits right inside, and a small grill rack.  It can go from 195F to 400F which is plenty for slow or fast cooking.

The inside is non-stick and the inner cook surface is removaable for ease of cleaning.  Almost everythng, included bbq sauce cooked dry, comes out with a soak and a rinse.

I've cooked taters, bbq chicken, steak, tater tots, small frozen pizzas, bean stews and chili, heated soup, and reheated fried chicken and burgers.  The thing is actually a tiny convection oven so things tend to cook faster than in a conventional oven, and the heat is uniform.

Cooking is easy - either wrap your food in foil, put it into the cooking pot, or lay it on the grill.  Larger foods, just sit directly on the ventilated surface of the inner container.  Spray food with olive oil or very lightly coat, and you can get a golden brown color easily.  Personally I like to halve baby taters and toss them with some spray oil, slow roat at 200f for 25 minutes and they're done!!!  Fish is tricky as the damn thing cooks so fast you can end up with filet of charcoal if you lose track of time.

If this one breaks I'll get another, it forces me to cook fresh with few leftovers.  Oh, and 2 days ago I cooked a pot pie in it!!! The thing is insanely versatile and uses less electric than an oven for small meals, no wasting energy.  It's very insulated and doesn't get too hot to touch on the outside, although it does vent hot air out the back so don't put it closer than one foot to a wall.

Mine is an Avalon Bay and was highly rated on Amazon, it set me back $150 but the price has come down.  Came with the fryer, a non-stick cookpot, a small grill rack, and a reciepe book.

Hope this helps. :)

Man, that sounds really nice. I may have to look into getting one.

This discussion has been closed.