Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• How do I get that "Simulate" button on my menu?  I watched the video and went to test it, but I cannot find Simulate anywhere.

It is on the Simulations pane

• mcpughmcpugh Posts: 93

How do I get that "Simulate" button on my menu?  I watched the video and went to test it, but I cannot find Simulate anywhere.

Do you by chance see the words in the simulate panel, under the Advanced tab, that states something about not having an available Open CL 2.1?  If so, there's a driver for that.  Forgot where that link is but I think it's at the beginning of this post.

• okay, I got the panel to show up. Now, the dForce clothing on my G8, "explodes" all around her, and does not drape like they show in the video. I made sure it was the right kind of clothing too, and I did install the latest Open CL that was on this site.   Anyone else have that problem?

okay, I got the panel to show up. Now, the dForce clothing on my G8, "explodes" all around her, and does not drape like they show in the video. I made sure it was the right kind of clothing too, and I did install the latest Open CL that was on this site.   Anyone else have that problem?

Yeah, I also have that problem.  But after reading the opening post found here (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest) I just wrote it off as a work in progress that DAZ knows about.

• I really want to get this to work on a cape.  I hope it is possible.

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited October 2017

I'm not that up on all the graphics cards details but does this mean my GeForce GTX 950 2GB will be no good for iray soon! not as if its old only had it a few months. if so looks like it will be a long time befoare I update to that version of studio when that happens :(

Post edited by Artbyphil on
  • Artbyphil said:

I'm not that up on all the graphics cards details but does this mean my GeForce GTX 950 2GB will be no good for iray soon! not as if its old only had it a few months. if so looks like it will be a long time befoare I update to that version of studio when that happens :(

YOu GTX 950 is a Maxwell architecture GPU, so you're safe for a while. The ones that are being obsoleted are 600 series which are older by a few years.

• onixonix Posts: 282

I wonder if anyone else experienced that problem but after update, I lost "Iray uber" shader so it is practically impossible to render anything.

whenever I try to apply that shader "daz default" gets loaded.

older version works fine

Also, dForce crashes if I try to apply it to some other objects than clothes As I wanted to use it to simulate water drips on the body.

any attempts to increase stiffness ends with explosions even if I try to simulate just simple sphere falling down which does not even touch anything.

Just apply dForce to sphere, increase stiffness to the max and it explodes before even starting to fall.

• Artbyphil said:

YOu GTX 950 is a Maxwell architecture GPU, so you're safe for a while. The ones that are being obsoleted are 600 series which are older by a few years.

It is actually before that. The Fermi GPU architecture covers the GeForce 400 and GeForce 500 series (2010).

Artbyphil said:

It is actually before that. The Fermi GPU architecture covers the GeForce 400 and GeForce 500 series (2010).

I'm using a GT 620 and I'm still able to use the dForce simulation (barely, but still)

• Thanks for the info, That’s a bit of a relief!
    I'm not really up on the technicalities such as architecture and stuff.  I know the graphics card I've got isn’t brilliant  but is not that old (actually they still sell it) it was  all I could  afford to spend. I don’t really render very complex scenes and it does fine for me. I dont see why it would be that hard for them to carry on suporting older cards even of they don't use all the new additions they make.

• Artbyphil said:

I don’t really render very complex scenes and it does fine for me. I dont see why it would be that hard for them to carry on suporting older cards even of they don't use all the new additions they make.

It is down to NVIDIA, not DAZ. One will still be able to use the CPU for the Fermi series.

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited October 2017
    Artbyphil said:

I don’t really render very complex scenes and it does fine for me. I dont see why it would be that hard for them to carry on suporting older cards even of they don't use all the new additions they make.

It is down to NVIDIA, not DAZ. One will still be able to use the CPU for the Fermi series.

Ha yes I meant Nvidia. Just seems a shame that if they are working they could still let them be used in rendering even if they dont use all the new stuff they add.

Post edited by Artbyphil on
  • shaylia_evashaylia_eva Posts: 18
    edited November 2017

I have two 1080 GTX, and I thought this would work, but none of my simulations work, even with the dForce bought clothing.  I do not get what I am doing wrong.  I followed the YouTube videos, exactly and made sure my computer can handle it.  All of my work turns into clothing blown up around the body.

Post edited by shaylia_eva on
  • Has anyone, except the devs, been able to get any of this to work, or is this just WIP?

• MadaMada Posts: 1,851

Is the Bardot outfit blowing up as well?

• shaylia_evashaylia_eva Posts: 18
    edited November 2017

This one?  Yep, and same with the nightshirt.

Post edited by shaylia_eva on
  • It looks like it will work, and then it just goes crazy.  I wonder if its cause the pose is too far?

• Yep, that was the problem.  I did a higher kick than the skirt would allow.  So instead of bunching up, like a real skirt would do, it "exploded"  When I did it with a pose that took into considerations the limits of the skirt, it seemed to work. For just bardot skirt. Nothing else is working yet.

• I think that it is better to do all the "Simulation" parts before you add the non-sim parts.  That way your simulation goes faster, and with less error. Then you can add in the rest, before render. What do you all think?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    Artbyphil said:

...I've been doing that ever since IRay first hit the scene as my 460 only has 1 GB which isn't even enough for a single fully clothed Genesis character and hair with a simple backdrop.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,851

Yep, that was the problem.  I did a higher kick than the skirt would allow.  So instead of bunching up, like a real skirt would do, it "exploded"  When I did it with a pose that took into considerations the limits of the skirt, it seemed to work. For just bardot skirt. Nothing else is working yet.

OK so if the skirt is working then you should be able to simulate the other items. Things to try : make sure that you don't have any bodyparts intersecting with the mesh during the timeline or pose, and also try turning damping on the surface settings to 0. Extreme poses that stretch the geometry too far will explode, just like a real clothing item will rip if you reach physical limits. :)

• I watched the new d force video and thought the new draping looked excellent, but when I went to try to  simulate a notice appeared "no opencl device found"

I have a GeforceGTX 650/Pcle/SSe2 video card. I have had no luck in finding out if this card is compatible with openCl or if it can be upgraded. ( Nvidia web site not user freindly)

I am probably like a lot of other users who are unable to use the d force without buying a new video card which is very dissapointing.

Does anybody know if my video card can be upgraded?

edited November 2017

...the GTX 650 supports OpenCL 1.2, not sure what is needed for dForce.

This holds true for all NVidia GTX series through the current 10xx.generation

Nvidia's 378.66 drivers do allow for some OpenCL 2.0 functions but from what I have read, YMMV.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Thanks for that, I have just downloaded a windows 10 driver for the card, and will see if that works. I found an article that said the GTX 650 supports OpenCL

kyoto kid said:

...the GTX 650 supports OpenCL 1.2, not sure what is needed for dForce.

This holds true for all NVidia GTX series through teh current 10xx.generation

Nvidia's 378.66 drivers do allow for some OpenCL 2.0 functions but from what I have read, YMMV.

edited November 2017

...also, OpenCL 2.2 is the end of the line as Khronos is planning to merge OpenCL with their Vulkan API into a single API. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,979

There's some problem with initializing OpenCL on some systems: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208281/daz-studio-4-10-dforce-can-t-initialize-opencl-1-2#latest

Has anyone managed to successfully get things running on an 8 x Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU [email protected] in a Win7 64 bit system? If so, how?

All help's appreciated, original poster's not a native English speaker.

• I am imagining the future of this dForce.  Imagine... hair.  :)

• Mac user, with MacOS 10.13 (high Sierra), I made the update to the 4.10 and it worked. Like other users here, I found that it is slower than the previous releases, and it is not possible to use the new dForce, because it crashes. Always. I hope there will be an update fixing these problems.