Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

14567810»

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 623
    edited September 2018

zbrush 2018.1 Thanks for that hint: So, the zbrush  app folder must be zbrush 2018 in order to be detected as a propper zbrush folder, not zbrush 2018.1 even, when it actually is zbrush 2018.1.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Was there an update that turned the background white or are my settigns just screwed up?

• Was there an update that turned the background white or are my settigns just screwed up?

It sounds like you loaded a *.daz format file, which sets the viewport white. Goto Window - Style - Customize Style, select Base and click Defaults, Accept.

It sounds like you loaded a *.daz format file, which sets the viewport white. Goto Window - Style - Customize Style, select Base and click Defaults, Accept.

That fixed it! Thanks.

It happened when I loaded the Destructor Space Fighter, if anyone's interested.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 235

If ever in need of changing the viewport color to default  quickly...

From left to right, apply these in the color picker: 121, 141, 176

• One thing, I still cannot figure out. With the latest official release some things like attached props and hairs are highlighted in different colors. Some in pink, some in blue. What is it? Is it some kind of collision detection?

• One thing, I still cannot figure out. With the latest official release some things like attached props and hairs are highlighted in different colors. Some in pink, some in blue. What is it? Is it some kind of collision detection?

Mine flash between two colors, randomly. I think it is a bug, or they added something to "find something-else", or "test something", and they accidently left it in the code. It has done this for a few updated versions, for me. Drives me crazy, because you can't see actual selections sometimes. (For me, it isnt' just hair, but a bunch of random parts, when in GL view.)

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 235
    JD_Mortal said:

One thing, I still cannot figure out. With the latest official release some things like attached props and hairs are highlighted in different colors. Some in pink, some in blue. What is it? Is it some kind of collision detection?

Mine flash between two colors, randomly. I think it is a bug, or they added something to "find something-else", or "test something", and they accidently left it in the code. It has done this for a few updated versions, for me. Drives me crazy, because you can't see actual selections sometimes. (For me, it isnt' just hair, but a bunch of random parts, when in GL view.)

Yep. Have had that problem in both the 4.10 Beta and Pro releases (4.8 had no such issue). Probably just requires a patch of sorts.

• skboaskboa Posts: 0
    rbtwhiz said:

Has the NVIDIA Iray renderer been updated?

• The API example for stereo rendering has been fixed (left and right eye were swapped).

Am I right that this is not included in DS?

• skboa said:
    rbtwhiz said:

Has the NVIDIA Iray renderer been updated?

• The API example for stereo rendering has been fixed (left and right eye were swapped).

Am I right that this is not included in DS?

Yes, you are correct (or No, it is not included - that was one of those questions where a yes/no answer alone wouldn't work).

• Are we still on 4.10.0.123?

• Are we still on 4.10.0.123?

Yes, and the Public beta is 4.11.0.236

• So, is DAZ Studio abandonware now?