3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    GamePrint said:

Wow, it looks awesome! Great work! How long did it take you? Definitely, a magnifying glass is needed or even magnifying glasses work as well.

Thanks!

Really didn't take all that long, I painted it over several days off and on, letting layers dry. It seemed cleaning the airbrush took more time than the actual painting. I also had to learn the right ratio of thinner to paint as it was a little too thick in my first tries. I used a paint-on frisket in some areas to protect the first color and blue painters tape to cover larger areas. I need to get some of that putty you've shown in use.

I said magnifying glass but actually it was a magnifying visor. Not a fashion piece but it works well! It has 3 different levels of magnification (the main lens then a flip down lens and a smaller rotate-into-place lens).

• EdheldilEdheldil Posts: 39
    edited April 2018

Today my first self-designed 3dPrint arrived. Excellent packaging and the three parts (chair, base, girl) are provided with magnets, thats great.

Post edited by Edheldil on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Outstanding! The texture on the chair is especially impressive. Thanks for sharing the images.

— Walt Sterdan

• j_greanj_grean Posts: 31

Hi Guys, I am new to trying this 3D print thing. There's some fantastic examples here, both from the more premium packages from GamePrint and users own prints! I'm pretty inspired.
    I admit I haven't waded through all 30 pages in this thread, just a bunch at the start and end. Apologies if this question has been asked/answered...

Are there certain hair sets that translate better to STL than others?
    For example, the image immediately above from Edheldil, the hair looks amazing in the 3D print. There are other examples though where the hair does look like thickened up polygon strips, which is what most Daz hair is, and that can sometimes look not as great, because they're often rectangles and don't thin down to a point.

2nd part of the question: Do the premium painted figures from Gameprint have elements of hand-sculpted hair (as part of the manual correction process) or is what we see straight from the automatic STL conversion with a bit of sanding?

Looking to try some conversions but would love any guidance on experiences with hair conversion.

Cheers
    J

• ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94

Got mine the end of January.  I was a little worried when I didn't hear anything from the artists and people kept saying only G3 could be used (mine is M4), but I am thrilled!  This guy has been with me for 15 years and it's so exciting to finally have a physical 3D version of him!  The loin cloth turned out thicker than I'd have liked, but other than that he looks great.  Just started painting him today (took a while to find a store selling miniatures acrylics), and so far so good.  Some of those details were so hard to get to!  New respect to the team at Game Print!  :)

DSC01103-2.jpg
    600 x 1060 - 68K
    DSC01102-2.jpg
    600 x 1060 - 75K
    DSC00630.jpg
    1200 x 2120 - 223K
  • GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited April 2018
    j_grean said:

Are there certain hair sets that translate better to STL than others?
    For example, the image immediately above from Edheldil, the hair looks amazing in the 3D print. There are other examples though where the hair does look like thickened up polygon strips, which is what most Daz hair is, and that can sometimes look not as great, because they're often rectangles and don't thin down to a point.

For a model to 3D print successfully, each part of the model should have the minimum wall thickness required for the material printing process and scale of that model. If we don't add wall thickness to the model, it may break or not print at all. Adding wall thickness causes the hair to look a little bit blocky.  This is one of the challenges we face and we are working on improving our technology to get our user the best quality possible"

From what I've seen, hairs made up of a lot of strands separated from the "main body" of the hair tend to be the ones with the "thickened up polygon strips" look if they're printed.  You said the hair from Edheldil's 3D print look amazing, but if you look closely, you'll see all the random hair strands in the render on the right was not included in the 3D print on the left.  If they were, they would have that thickened up polygon strips look. 

j_grean said:

Do the premium painted figures from Gameprint have elements of hand-sculpted hair (as part of the manual correction process) or is what we see straight from the automatic STL conversion with a bit of sanding?

Everything I've read that GamePrint ever mentioned about the premium figures was about the extra details you get painted on your 3D print.

Post edited by Graze on
    Shanarah said:

Some of those details were so hard to get to!  New respect to the team at Game Print!  :)

I found that too! I painted one and had GP paint the other. I might embellish the latter some myself (it was just a standard figure, not the premium) but they do a great job.

• ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    RGcincy said:
    Shanarah said:

Some of those details were so hard to get to!  New respect to the team at Game Print!  :)

I found that too! I painted one and had GP paint the other. I might embellish the latter some myself (it was just a standard figure, not the premium) but they do a great job.

They do!  And nice job on yours too!  I wanted to ask you how you did the gold for the shield. Did you do an undercoat and then paint the gold on top?  It looks really good!

I did the gold two ways. The model was already primed with the gray. I airbrushed the center hub and spokes with the Vallejo gold paint, then covered those with paint-on frisket to do the brown. One coat worked fine. The rim was just hand brushed on in two coats perpendicular to the ring. I found the hand brushed colors tended to streak so a second coat would usually cover better. For the axe head, I used silver paint and found doing the second coat perpendicular to the first gave a nice even coat.

• 70xploitation70xploitation Posts: 8
    edited May 2018

Hi,  Proud to post and share my first Gameprint project NzinGa , a Conan The barbarian Character :

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 70xploitation70xploitation Posts: 8
    edited May 2018

Great work by a true artist Faisal Nimri  from Gameprint !!!  my daz version :  

Post edited by Chohole on
  • j_greanj_grean Posts: 31

@Graze Cheers I did read all the info from Gameprint, I wasn't talking so much about them painting extra detail when you pay for the premium model, more about how the translation to STL works with different hair methods (strips or per-her mesh) from Daz. The above example of the frizzy afro hair is an interesting one. Partly what I was asking was about extra details in the sculpt/STL for premium. Does someone go in and hand-edit using Zbrush or something, as part of the premium process, or is a $2/$5 STL the same quality as the premium, with the difference being in the paint?

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539

Glad you like it.

Great work by a true artist Faisal Nimri  from Gameprint !!!  my daz version :  

Hey Graze,

Cheers back to you, and about your premium inquiry, we used a more advanced repair , and one of our 3D Artists will check it. If anything comes up, we will hand-edit on our 3D Editing platform and send it back to you. $2/5 STL process uses our current repair/ optimize algorithm and does not involve any 3D Artist. Let me know if that makes things clearer, i'm always here to help. 

j_grean said:

@Graze Cheers I did read all the info from Gameprint, I wasn't talking so much about them painting extra detail when you pay for the premium model, more about how the translation to STL works with different hair methods (strips or per-her mesh) from Daz. The above example of the frizzy afro hair is an interesting one. Partly what I was asking was about extra details in the sculpt/STL for premium. Does someone go in and hand-edit using Zbrush or something, as part of the premium process, or is a $2/$5 STL the same quality as the premium, with the difference being in the paint?

edited May 2018

Did anyone say anything about miniatures?

Beta shipments coming out next week! Stay tuned!

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Post edited by GamePrint on

Yes very soon, stay tuned!

Janus3003 said:

Is there any update on the beta miniatures?

Hanabi said:
    We cracked them, expect an email from us next week. 
    Hanabi said:

Hanabi said:
    Any more progress on the miniatures?
    Hanabi said:

Glad you like it and keep the feedback coming. 

Edheldil said:

Today my first self-designed 3dPrint arrived. Excellent packaging and the three parts (chair, base, girl) are provided with magnets, thats great.

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,318

Finally!  And if I'm really lucky, it sounds like they might arrive before my convention on Thursday.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    GamePrint said:

Did anyone say anything about miniatures?

Beta shipments coming out next week! Stay tuned!

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Love that these can stand without an attached base.

How tall are the people?

Has GamePrint decided on the price of minatures yet?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    GamePrint said:

Yes very soon, stay tuned!

Janus3003 said:

Is there any update on the beta miniatures?

OK, good. I fogot all about sending mine beta model it's been so long. I had to delete that model last month from my GoogleDrive though that I sent as a link in the beta email response so I guess I'll be finding out if you all had already copied it locally in the next month or so.

• Be still my heart!
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

That's awesome! It's cool to see my beta miniature posted above, thanks!

I'm very excited to see the pricing for these, it looks like you're really nailed the qualtiy (as you always do). 

-- Walt Sterdan

Thanks, Walt they really like amazing. 

wsterdan said:

That's awesome! It's cool to see my beta miniature posted above, thanks!

I'm very excited to see the pricing for these, it looks like you're really nailed the qualtiy (as you always do). 

-- Walt Sterdan

• dhi67540dhi67540 Posts: 25

Maybe it's me but I cannot get the Gameprint plugin to work.  It installs and has a serial number associated with it but it states that it needs to be registerd and they my evaluation period is over!  Do we have to pay for this plug in?  If so how?  Trying to contact Gameprint is problematic since their web site keeps returning 'Internal Server Error'...

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,988

You have to register an account on the gameprint site to get things to work. Check out their page: https://daz3d.gameprint.net/help

If you scroll down below the Pricing and Shipping info, they have a detailled "How to".

• dhi67540dhi67540 Posts: 25
    edited May 2018

The only way to get the plugin is to create an account.  I have since 'purchased' it again, downloaded and installed it and got it working.  This whole thing seems a bit flakey as I just went through the process of 'download stl' and although it appeared to do something, when it navigated to my account nothing was there.  I do wonder how gameprint knows what my 'orders' are when the credentials I use on their site are different to the ones I use in DAZ!

Edit - second time lucky seems to be the phrase today - it worked on my second attempt.

Post edited by dhi67540 on

Hello dhi67540

Our plugin is FREE, and I wanted to help you by finding out more about what you're experiencing with our plugin. I just direct messaged to move the convo there. I also wanted you to know that although we have different login credentials then Daz, they only way to add characters to my orders is by initially sending them from the Daz3D studio. 

dhi67540 said:

Maybe it's me but I cannot get the Gameprint plugin to work.  It installs and has a serial number associated with it but it states that it needs to be registerd and they my evaluation period is over!  Do we have to pay for this plug in?  If so how?  Trying to contact Gameprint is problematic since their web site keeps returning 'Internal Server Error'...

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,318

For getting the Beta Mini's out... are you using the same shipping as the big figures?  Are we getting all the mini's we ordered at once?  I ordered several - when do I get charged?

edited May 2018

For getting the Beta Mini's out... are you using the same shipping as the big figures?  Are we getting all the mini's we ordered at once?  I ordered several - when do I get charged?

Hello, yes we are shipping out all beta's in one go. We will probably send you one as beta test, and the rest will be charged. We are making changes to our platform, and as soon as Miniatures are factored in, we should be able to give the ability to order you miniatures. 

Shipping will depend on delivery, and if you DM your email I can check which shipping courier we are using for your order. 

Let me know if you need anything else, 

Post edited by GamePrint on