• GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

$2 Special on STL downloads. 

3D Print your own Daz models at home!

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/

That's a great idea.. :)

Thank you, let us know when you try it!

Sadly a 3D printer is one thing I don't have..but it is something I've started to consider more and more.  I appreciate this is probably a bit of a subjective question, but is there any particular printer you'd recommend?  I wouldn't mind paying more for something that's better quality.. but obviously printers in the tens of thousands are out of my budget range.

Hey Jack

I would recommend that your first printer, be like your first car. The one that's not only going to teach you about 3D printing but also show you how it works.

My recommendations would be Prus i3

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/180-original-Prusa-i3-mk3-kit.html

Prusa's are commonly everyone's first 3D Printers, and you can learn to upgrade it through by printing upgrades. You can find lots of online community help for newbies.

If you're looking for a printer that is ready to print and requires very little TLC, I would recommend.

1. Ultimaker 3 My first choice.

2. Form 2. "More detailed, but harder to operate as its a different generation of 3D Printing technology"

I also recommend that you check 3D Hubs guide to 3D Printers, it find the best fit for what exactly your looking for, and can afford. 

https://www.3dhubs.com/best-3d-printer-guide

Appreicate the help and recommendations, thanks!

Great let me know how it turns out, and if you need anything else.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    GamePrint said:

My recommendations would be Prus i3 ... If you're looking for a printer that is ready to print and requires very little TLC, I would recommend. ... 1. Ultimaker 3 My first choice.

I bought my son a Prus-like printer several years ago. I've been eying the Ultimaker series ever since the first one came our because of it's precision and reputation. Maybe some day I'll pull the trigger and get one.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,988
    SimonJM said:

I got soem picyures from GamePrint, so as I cannot post any of my own, I'll share a couple.  What I ordrered was 2 x 7" figures, one standard, one collectible and as a couple of these images have the figures side-by-side they should give an idea of the differences.

She looks fantastic!

I wasn't aware that there's a difference in the actual print detail between collectible and standard - I always thought it was just the paint detail! But the collectible seems to have a finer print as well.

• Is there any update on the beta miniatures?

• Janus3003 said:

Is there any update on the beta miniatures?

I took advantage of the $2 STL sale and I'm going to try printing one on a friends machine tonight.

• GamePrint said:
    Karuki said:

I recieved my 3D printed bust this week, and wow, what an amazing experience!!

I will definitely be ordering more models, however, I need the 3D printing licence to be available ASAP. Also, my model had a minor defect on the paint finish, I can't post pictures as it's a nide bust, but that was my only criticism. For £50 though I'm blown away.

Do you offer additional discount for bulk orders? In the future I'd like to order 50-100 models and I need to cost things up.

Hello Karuki

Happy that you are happy, but we would still like to explore the defect you mentioned. 

I will be switching the conversaation to a DM message to discuss the bulk otders and the defected paint job.

GamePrint

GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Sadly a 3D printer is one thing I don't have..but it is something I've started to consider more and more.  I appreciate this is probably a bit of a subjective question, but is there any particular printer you'd recommend?  I wouldn't mind paying more for something that's better quality.. but obviously printers in the tens of thousands are out of my budget range.

Hey Jack

I would recommend that your first printer, be like your first car. The one that's not only going to teach you about 3D printing but also show you how it works.

Prusa's are commonly everyone's first 3D Printers, and you can learn to upgrade it through by printing upgrades. You can find lots of online community help for newbies.

If you're looking for a printer that is ready to print and requires very little TLC, I would recommend.

2. Form 2. "More detailed, but harder to operate as its a different generation of 3D Printing technology"

I also recommend that you check 3D Hubs guide to 3D Printers, it find the best fit for what exactly your looking for, and can afford. 

Thanks for the reply, but I never recieved a DM.

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    Janus3003 said:

I took advantage of the $2 STL sale and I'm going to try printing one on a friends machine tonight.

Janus3003 said:

Karuki said:
    GamePrint said:
    Karuki said:

I recieved my 3D printed bust this week, and wow, what an amazing experience!!

I will definitely be ordering more models, however, I need the 3D printing licence to be available ASAP. Also, my model had a minor defect on the paint finish, I can't post pictures as it's a nide bust, but that was my only criticism. For £50 though I'm blown away.

Do you offer additional discount for bulk orders? In the future I'd like to order 50-100 models and I need to cost things up.

Hello Karuki

Happy that you are happy, but we would still like to explore the defect you mentioned. 

I will be switching the conversaation to a DM message to discuss the bulk otders and the defected paint job.

GamePrint

GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Hey Jack

Thanks for the reply, but I never recieved a DM.

Hey can you check now?

edited March 2018
    Janus3003 said:

Good choice, please show us the outcome of the print!

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56

@GamePrint, is there any update on the miniatures beta program?

Janus3003 said:

Sorry for keeping you waiting for too long, we are working on a new approach with the miniatures.

Expect to hear back from us soon, regarding this issue. Sorry again for the delay.

• GamePrint said:
    Janus3003 said:

Sorry for keeping you waiting for too long, we are working on a new approach with the miniatures.

Expect to hear back from us soon, regarding this issue. Sorry again for the delay.

I see there are still some technical issues with the beta models. Maybe I can ease your workload a little bit, The main reason I entered the beta is to see what the modeling process you use can and can not do. My basic understanding is:

Most people who have 3d printers at home use a process of adding material. They start with nothing and their printer adds material to form the model. On the other hand GamePrint uses resin which is a subtractive process, in that you start with a block of resin and remove the extra stuff. The subtractive process is more expensive than adding, but it can do things that adding can not. For example if you made a model of Superman standing with his cape blowing in the wind behind him at say shoudler hieght. Such a thing is easy when taking material away but not so much when adding it

In any event if there is someone I can email, or DM my technical questions to so that I know what to expect and my model limitations, I can do without my free beta model.

Just let me know

• Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56
    GamePrint said:
    Janus3003 said:

Thanks for the update.

• 70xploitation70xploitation Posts: 8
    edited March 2018

Hi, 

I am an old user  of Daz and Poser , one of my last creation :  

And i have a Big Collection of Colectible too , some pieces of my collection here : https://www.flickr.com/photos/100056026@N03/

and my last  : 

I'm very interested by your work   and  i think i will order very soon  i would like to know the price for 12" collectible and  if you could  do a diorama for example ?  

thank you very much i really love your project just Greaaaaattttt !!!!!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ggartistggartist Posts: 31

Here's the latest 7" collectable model the Gameprint has done:

Here's the latest Gameprint 7" collectable I received:

IMG_1484.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
    IMG_1493.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M

Here are more photos of the model

IMG_1495.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
    IMG_1494.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
    GamePrint said:
    Janus3003 said:

I see there are still some technical issues with the beta models. Maybe I can ease your workload a little bit, The main reason I entered the beta is to see what the modeling process you use can and can not do. My basic understanding is:

Most people who have 3d printers at home use a process of adding material. They start with nothing and their printer adds material to form the model. On the other hand GamePrint uses resin which is a subtractive process, in that you start with a block of resin and remove the extra stuff. The subtractive process is more expensive than adding, but it can do things that adding can not. For example if you made a model of Superman standing with his cape blowing in the wind behind him at say shoudler hieght. Such a thing is easy when taking material away but not so much when adding it

In any event if there is someone I can email, or DM my technical questions to so that I know what to expect and my model limitations, I can do without my free beta model.

Just let me know

Hey nmargie_d65db43582 
    Thanks for 

Hi, 

I am an old user  of Daz and Poser , one of my last creation :  

And i have a Big Collection of Colectible too , some pieces of my collection here : https://www.flickr.com/photos/100056026@N03/

and my last  : 

I'm very interested by your work   and  i think i will order very soon  i would like to know the price for 12" collectible and  if you could  do a diorama for example ?  

thank you very much i really love your project just Greaaaaattttt !!!!!

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and I just checked your flicker page WOW! Very impressive.

I especially liked the one with the sabertooth lion and the girl with the sword.

Could I ask where did you get these done?
    Do you 3D Print yourself? And do the modelling?

We are excited for you to see our quality and level of detailing for our collectibles. 

About our pricing, each collectible is unique and has a custom set of requirements. That's why we can't have a standard price for each collectible; our team needs to review and assess the project and send you back a quote. Getting a quote is free, and we encourage it, all you have to do is upload your model and request a 12" collectible quote, and our team will send you an email with the price.

Let me know if you have any other inquiries, and we look forward to making your collectible.

edited March 2018
    ggartist said:

Here are more photos of the model

Thanks for sharing, it looks great!

edited March 2018

"....  Hello Thanks for reaching out and I just checked your flicker page WOW! Very impressive.

I especially liked the one with the sabertooth lion and the girl with the sword.

Could I ask where did you get these done?
    Do you 3D Print yourself? And do the modelling? ....

Thk you very much for you answer   The  Girl with the sabertooth  is a Frank Frazetta  creation named " Sun Godess"

This statue is now really hard to find ! (produced by ReelArt)

I have a question : it is necessary that  i provide  the base (pedestal) or ground of my model  when i will upload it ? or

do you propose differente bases (pedestal)  in spite the ground (Rock, grass, water, floor...

is it possible to combine many characters (Diorama) example of my daz creation ? :

Image removed

Ma ny thanks for your answer 

Im looking forward to order and appreciate your  work   !

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited March 2018

Post edited by Chohole on

Very cool!!!

edited March 2018

Hello Everyone,
    We want to remind you that we have the following promotions.

We have six days left for our Free shipping; it ends on March 15th. If you ordered before, you know how big our boxes can be!

We also have a $2 special on downloading your STL file, and printing it at home.

Finally, for all new GamePrint first time buyers, we offer a 10% off sign up bonus.

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/promotions

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited March 2018
    GamePrint said:
    We also have a $2 special on downloading your STL file, and printing it at home.

Already used this option but haven´t had the time to print it yet.

But I started printing the STL file I received after I ordered my 12" unicolor print.

I Thought I´ll do it real big and scaled it 200%

realized some problems with the printer I was using - so I decided to build my own printer.

will post some more printed figures after that build is finished.

2ot___gameprint_002_by_2ot-dc4dahc.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 149K
    wp_20180226__pro_by_2ot-dc4de1i.jpg
    5344 x 4016 - 4M
    own_printer_build_008_by_2ot-dc5bash.jpg
    1024 x 1363 - 197K
    Post edited by HoMart on
    HoMart said:
    GamePrint said:

Already used this option but haven´t had the time to print it yet.

But I started printing the STL file I received after I ordered my 12" unicolor print.

I Thought I´ll do it real big and scaled it 200%

realized some problems with the printer I was using - so I decided to build my own printer.

will post some more printed figures after that build is finished.

Thanks for sharing, thats a big printer! Nice job on both the print, and the printer!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684

I'd love the option to be able to order some unpainted smaller characters for playing D&D. painting them myself is part of the fun :)

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    GamePrint said:

Thanks for sharing, thats a big printer! Nice job on both the print, and the printer!

the planed build volume is 30x30x52 cm

Estroyer said:

I'd love the option to be able to order some unpainted smaller characters for playing D&D. painting them myself is part of the fun :)

Hello

Thanks for bringing it up. We are still working on our miniatures. 

We should keep you posted soon.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    GamePrint said:
    Estroyer said:

Hello

They may be miniature, but they are not being over-looked cheeky

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:
    Estroyer said:

Hello

They may be miniature, but they are not being over-looked cheeky

Lol we could end up using that!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

WOW, just got my model back. I felt kinda bad giving you one of my more complex models but you hit a homerun!!! Can't say enough about how cool this was to open up and see the real deal. 

IMG_1707.JPG
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    IMG_1708.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    IMG_1709.JPG
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    IMG_1710.JPG
    1500 x 2000 - 1M