3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,316

So, it's been another week.  What's the timeline looking like?  I'd really like mine to be here by the 10th.

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539

Hey,

I'll check in with our studio and get back to you.

So, it's been another week.  What's the timeline looking like?  I'd really like mine to be here by the 10th.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Any word yet on pricing for the two- and three-inch sizes?

— Walt Sterdan

• So, it's been another week.  What's the timeline looking like?  I'd really like mine to be here by the 10th.

And it's been another 3 weeks.  Still haven't heard anything.

• Still really interested in the miniatures!
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    GamePrint said:

Did anyone say anything about miniatures?

Beta shipments coming out next week! Stay tuned!

GamePrint posted this on May 17.   For those of you that have received your miniature betas, can you post an image of them here?

• Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56
    Wahil said:
    GamePrint said:

Did anyone say anything about miniatures?

Beta shipments coming out next week! Stay tuned!

GamePrint posted this on May 17.   For those of you that have received your miniature betas, can you post an image of them here?

I'm in the beta, but my figure never arrived. I'm assuming they didn't get sent out.

• I just called in to their office and left a voicemail.  If you want to join in, it's 1-650-425-7831

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

They had some article on their facebook page about 4" colour printing ships for their Star Trek segment. But that also dated back to end of may. No idea what's gong on there... the colour prints look awesome, and seem to be in a lower price segment compared to the handpainted models.

Yes, the ships look awesome (but all of their work does):

https://gameprint.net/startrek

I imagine they’re pretty busy with those at the moment, but I still hope to hear about pricing for smaller characters soon. I’m hoping to print some smaller figures, but while I wait I’m closely eyeing some of the always-getting-better desktop printers that look like they might do the job at a reasonable price...

— Walt Sterdan

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Looks like they had to find something to print and sale in enough volume to make profit.

Looks like they had to find something to print and sale in enough volume to make profit.

Agreed, and the ships look great. From the description, it almost sounds like the smaller ones are colour-printed. I know the ships are much easier to print than some of our highly-complex characters, but if I could purchase 3-inch, unpainted or primed characters for the $20 that the low-end ships go for, I’d probably be buying one or two weekly...

— Walt Sterdan

edited June 2018

(Sorry, double image posting)... but still amazing 3D colour printing!

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • They posted those here already.

They posted those here already.

Ah, forgot about that. But I still think they look fantastic.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2018
    wsterdan said:

Yes, the ships look awesome (but all of their work does):

https://gameprint.net/startrek

I imagine they’re pretty busy with those at the moment, but I still hope to hear about pricing for smaller characters soon. I’m hoping to print some smaller figures, but while I wait I’m closely eyeing some of the always-getting-better desktop printers that look like they might do the job at a reasonable price...

— Walt Sterdan

I was wondering if that was legal, but I see it's an option from in the game, pretty cool. Will have to get this game now.

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • nmargie_d65db43582nmargie_d65db43582 Posts: 156
    edited July 2018
    Janus3003 said:

I'm in the beta, but my figure never arrived. I'm assuming they didn't get sent out.

I did not get my beta but I see they did print them. That tank looking vehicle, next to the coin, in the pics they posted is what I submitted
    Post edited by nmargie_d65db43582 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I forgot about the Beta, is it over?

• I finally got a hold of someone today.  They said to expect an announcement in the next week.

• Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56

Thanks for the update and your efforts, thistledownsname.

• Fingers crossed!
    Janus3003 said:

Hey Everyone, 

Beta is still going testing. We are in the final step of color accuracy.

We thank you all for being super patient with us.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    GamePrint said:
    Janus3003 said:

Hey Everyone, 

I, for one, don't mind the 'delay' at all; you are, afetr all, going to send me something for free! And, if it's anything like the quality of the other figures you have sent it is going to be well worth the wait smiley

Thanks for understanding. We are very meticulous about our quality. It's a life or death matter for us. 

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:
    Janus3003 said:

Hey Everyone, 

I, for one, don't mind the 'delay' at all; you are, afetr all, going to send me something for free! And, if it's anything like the quality of the other figures you have sent it is going to be well worth the wait smiley

GamePrint said:

We are in the final step of color accuracy.

I noticed that you were offering the smaller Star Trek ships in colour, does this mean you're going to be offering colour prints of character miniatures as well, not hand-painted? Were the colour miniatures posted recently printed in colour or painted?

-- Walt Sterdan 

• TaslaqTaslaq Posts: 78
    wsterdan said:
    GamePrint said:

I noticed that you were offering the smaller Star Trek ships in colour, does this mean you're going to be offering colour prints of character miniatures as well, not hand-painted? Were the colour miniatures posted recently printed in colour or painted?

-- Walt Sterdan 

Hi :) yes we are working on having those available for Daz users ASAP - we are doing some tests on the colored minatures and should post something very soon, and yes the models posted are printed and not painted 

• What about single-color miniatures?

• TaslaqTaslaq Posts: 78

Yes it will be released as well - you will be able to pick the color you want 

What about single-color miniatures?

Is there already a price range known for these miniatures?

edited July 2018
    Taslaq said:
    wsterdan said:
    GamePrint said:

-- Walt Sterdan 

Hi :) yes we are working on having those available for Daz users ASAP - we are doing some tests on the colored minatures and should post something very soon, and yes the models posted are printed and not painted 

Amazing quality. Absolutely amazing. Really looking forward to the pricing.

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on