3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

I thought I uploaded a sitting fairy but not sure what happened to it?

• So, if we just want the primed minis to paint them ourselves, when do they come out?  How much will they cost?

What happened?  I have not heard anything about my fairy that I thought I submitted last month.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

It's been what Oct 2017 or so since we submitted those mini-betas? Still no recent word. They must be really difficult process to get right.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited August 2018

It's been what Oct 2017 or so since we submitted those mini-betas? Still no recent word. They must be really difficult process to get right.

I think gettng the smaller figures "right" is, indeed, a difficult task when you consider what type of characters we tend to put together. I was impressed with the pict of the miniature I submitted (it's the first one they posted, the toon character holding the blaster), especially with the fact that you could see the treads on his boots, but knowing it was going to be a miniature I did try to keep it simple. Once we can submit any model, you can be sure there are going to be very elaborate charactes, with wings, fancy headresses or hair, etc. -- things that either won't print with the details many artists will be expecting or models that may require extra time by GamePrint to work on, time that has to be calculated into the price.

The Star Trek ships look awesome, especially the ones printed in colour, but compare even the most intricate one of those to the characters we produce and you should see a much higher level of complexity with our charactes (even my simple one). 

Production is one aspect, but the bigger problem is pricing. What price should they set? It's one thing to calculate/estimate a price for the material that's going to be used, but then they need to add in a buffer for bad prints (where they eat the cost of the failed print) and again, try and calculate/estimate how much extra time and effort will be needed to make the more detailed characters printable.

They're goiing to be announcing pricing to a small-but-global market, and a miscalculation on the price could end in disaster for them.

I don't envy their task, and as much as I both want my miniature and want to be able to order more, I understand their need to get it "right".

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on

Well, more than another month’s past and as much as I want to be understanding and supportive (especially after the incredible service they’ve provided previously) life is short and I’m getting old. wink

I’m looking into 3D printers and while I appreciate even being able to send them models to fix, I’m having trouble getting even those done this week. 

Time to start looking into prepping models for printing myself... sad

— Walt Sterdan

• seems the grass is greener elsewhere sad

I never ruled out buying more in future when I had some spare cash

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited September 2018

Todays new release made me think of GamePrint.

zxz.jpg
    518 x 474 - 79K
    Post edited by Wahil on
    wsterdan said:

Well, more than another month’s past and as much as I want to be understanding and supportive (especially after the incredible service they’ve provided previously) life is short and I’m getting old. wink

I’m looking into 3D printers and while I appreciate even being able to send them models to fix, I’m having trouble getting even those done this week. 

Quick update, I was able to get some of my models fixed this weekend; I bought a 3D printer last week and so far every model they've fixed has printed almost perfectly; I'm very happy with their fixing service and hope to be able to use them for a long time to come. I'm also still interested in their miniature printing, as the Star Trek ships look fantastic and the price for a 4" model is exceptional. If the prices for DAZ characters is similar, I see having a few printed every month, despite having a shiny new 3D printer. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

• TaslaqTaslaq Posts: 78
    wsterdan said:
    wsterdan said:

Quick update, I was able to get some of my models fixed this weekend; I bought a 3D printer last week and so far every model they've fixed has printed almost perfectly; I'm very happy with their fixing service and hope to be able to use them for a long time to come. I'm also still interested in their miniature printing, as the Star Trek ships look fantastic and the price for a 4" model is exceptional. If the prices for DAZ characters is similar, I see having a few printed every month, despite having a shiny new 3D printer. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

Great to hear your problems are solved - please reach out to me directly if you need anything

Dears - we aplogize for being late on the Minis work, we have been working heavlily to make an advance fixer that will export texture maps from the models and let us print in full color 3D Printing, we have several updates and we are getting there - we will post something shorlty next week 

Lol the guy looks like me :)

Wahil said:

th3Digit said:

seems the grass is greener elsewhere sad

th3Digit said:

th3Digit said:

I am sorry to let you feel this way - we are really focused on getting a new printing method for Daz - we will do the posting very soon 

So, if we just want the primed minis to paint them ourselves, when do they come out?  How much will they cost?

Hi -   a new method for mini's is coming out very soon - we have managed to have great results in printing them in full color, we will post updates very soon 

Wahil said:
    GamePrint said:

Did anyone say anything about miniatures?

Beta shipments coming out next week! Stay tuned!

They are coming very soon 

Wahil said:
    GamePrint said:

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Love that these can stand without an attached base.

How tall are the people?

Has GamePrint decided on the price of minatures yet?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Good to hear Tasiaq.

Thank you for comming in and letting us know.

Hi - can you forward to me so that I can follow up - send me the order number or the email at [email protected]

Hanabi said:
    Still really interested in the miniatures!

Hey Hanabi - we are working on getting the Miniatures support ASAP, we are pushing full color 3D Printing  

Looks like they had to find something to print and sale in enough volume to make profit.

Hey - we are still committed to the Daz3D fans

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Taslaq said:

Looks like they had to find something to print and sale in enough volume to make profit.

Cool, because it's only a matter of time before I do paid business with you and not just the beta test. Of course that's not enough so I hope you do good business. And that Brute 8 fellow does look like you! 

Taslaq said:

Hi - can you forward to me so that I can follow up - send me the order number or the email at [email protected]

I am trying to find the order number, but I can email you the user name instead?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,153
    Taslaq said:

Wahil said:

I thought he looked familiar.
    Taslaq said:

I am trying to find the order number, but I can email you the user name instead?

Please do [email protected]

barbult said:
    Taslaq said:

Wahil said:

I thought he looked familiar.

Cheers

Taslaq said:

Cool, because it's only a matter of time before I do paid business with you and not just the beta test. Of course that's not enough so I hope you do good business. And that Brute 8 fellow does look like you! 

Hahaha :)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I was part of the beta but not sure my model went through, all the same I’m definitely going to order some miniatures once they are available :)

dkgoose said:

I was part of the beta but not sure my model went through, all the same I’m definitely going to order some miniatures once they are available :)

The new full color outputs are amazing 

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

That's good news! I hope to get one or two figures ordered.

The hand painted versions are still available?

BeeMKay said:

That's good news! I hope to get one or two figures ordered.

The hand painted versions are still available?

Yes

• Any update? I still just want single color/primed minis, personally.