3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• UHFUHF Posts: 512
    GamePrint said:
    UHF said:

*sigh*... Shattered.   No I don't want a replacement. So don't offer.  :-) Yes I'm very very happy. 

This will be a tad stressful to fix.  I think your team knows the spots judging by the putty there.  :-)  If anyone seems confused... consider that this model was so complex that they just couldn't break it appart for shipping.  Given that both guns broke off, I'd say that their mass shook them off.

Hey UHF

We will be reprinting your model, and shipping you a new one.

The part where the guns are attached, we will be adding magnets to ensure that when we ship them they will not break.

We apologise about it being broken, and we know the new one will get their safely.

GamePrint

I think I would like that.  I'm not sure I can repair this model well enough.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    SimonJM said:

Apparently I'm getting a delivery on Monday ... smiley

Just changed delivery date to Wednesday so I can be sure to be in when it arrives!

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited February 2018

Would you paint your own Daz figure? If yes do you have any questions? If no whats stopping you?

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • But the other one didn't have enough support inside the cutout, and the sword snapped at the hand.  Other than that it looks great.

imageimage

imageimage

What size was your small one?
  • greysgreys Posts: 335

I see you’re looking at expanding into D&D sized prints and as an avid player I’m looking forward to that immensely... however, I’m not as skilled with painting as some of my comrades on this forum. Any chance you’d be willing to offer painted versions of the minis as an option as well, for those of us who are skilled with dice but alas not with brushes?

• greys said:

I see you’re looking at expanding into D&D sized prints and as an avid player I’m looking forward to that immensely... however, I’m not as skilled with painting as some of my comrades on this forum. Any chance you’d be willing to offer painted versions of the minis as an option as well, for those of us who are skilled with dice but alas not with brushes?

Hey Greys

Yes thanks for bringing this up, we are exploring the option of offering the service of painted minis!

We will be announcing soon hopefully, stay tuned!

edited February 2018

Show us how you showcase your collectible? by uploading a picture of your collectible or standard GamePrint showcase area. Let'sLets see it!

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Just changed delivery date to Wednesday so I can be sure to be in when it arrives!

And NOT getting it today, DHL managed to forget to give it to a courier!  After a few semi-premium rate phone calls DHL are guaranteeing I get it tomorrow, before noon.

• SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

And NOT getting it today, DHL managed to forget to give it to a courier!  After a few semi-premium rate phone calls DHL are guaranteeing I get it tomorrow, before noon.

Ow no way! Keep us posted. 

GamePrint said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Ow no way! Keep us posted. 

Well, it's arrived!  Quite a big box - so will be fun to see what it contains!  I don't think I have any way of uplaoding photos, but I'll see what I can do.

After fighting through the world's supply of shrink wrap (courtsey of DHL), bubblewrap enough to sink a battleship (courtesy of GamePrint) and enough foam padding to allow even the pickiest of princesses to ignore any amount of peas if used as matresses I have two 7" figures; one standard, one collectible.  Before I go further I have to say I do not think they could have been packed and secured any better - the figure is holding 2 swords by her side, points forward, but they managed to custom cut the foam brilliantly.  Hats off to the buildres who put the figures together, and those who do the painting, for they do an excellent job, but a definite tip of the hat to those who do the packing!

I'll admit I was a little nervous about hos they'd look, after all it was a lot of money and I have an ironic sense of humour, so after managing to dance around and avoid most of the special offers I was half-expecting to tip pieces of broken figures out the box ... I am happy to say that that did not happen, what I got were two execllent figures and if I ever find a way to photo them and upload those photos I shall.

• SimonJM said:

After fighting through the world's supply of shrink wrap (courtsey of DHL), bubblewrap enough to sink a battleship (courtesy of GamePrint) and enough foam padding to allow even the pickiest of princesses to ignore any amount of peas if used as matresses I have two 7" figures; one standard, one collectible.  Before I go further I have to say I do not think they could have been packed and secured any better - the figure is holding 2 swords by her side, points forward, but they managed to custom cut the foam brilliantly.  Hats off to the buildres who put the figures together, and those who do the painting, for they do an excellent job, but a definite tip of the hat to those who do the packing!

I'll admit I was a little nervous about hos they'd look, after all it was a lot of money and I have an ironic sense of humour, so after managing to dance around and avoid most of the special offers I was half-expecting to tip pieces of broken figures out the box ... I am happy to say that that did not happen, what I got were two execllent figures and if I ever find a way to photo them and upload those photos I shall.

Hey Simon,

Glad our babies made it there safely.

We look forward to seeing them in their final Showcasing space!

• Hanabi said:

But the other one didn't have enough support inside the cutout, and the sword snapped at the hand.  Other than that it looks great.

imageimage

imageimage

What size was your small one?

They are sized for Huge and Gargantuan pathfinder minis, that is a 3"x3" base and a 4"x4" base.  It roughly translates to a 4.5" mini and an 8.5" mini.

• I seem to be stuck in the 'Your model is Being Process Now, This May..."   phase. Any limit of long this goes before I'm supposed to give up and start over?

It's over an hour now.

Is it safe to upload a second with one still processing?

Can we navigate away and/or close that window and come back....hours later or...tomorrow?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,988

I seem to be stuck in the 'Your model is Being Process Now, This May..."   phase. Any limit of long this goes before I'm supposed to give up and start over?

It's over an hour now.

Is it safe to upload a second with one still processing?

Can we navigate away and/or close that window and come back....hours later or...tomorrow?

The uploads sometimes don't show up at all... Problem is, unless you order and stick the upload to an order by that, it vanishs into nowhere (or at least, somewhere that can't be accessed)...

• Well I got past that part and paid for the repair, but now I don't see the STL file.

It's working on the second file. I was expecting an email link to download or some kind of menu that takes me to my files.

Now what? This process needs a little streamlining. I'm still excited to see where this all goes.

• Ahh the page has updated again. And most of the answers are there.

There's a new page and I can check back later and I will get my download link,

• Well I got past that part and paid for the repair, but now I don't see the STL file.

It's working on the second file. I was expecting an email link to download or some kind of menu that takes me to my files.

Now what? This process needs a little streamlining. I'm still excited to see where this all goes.

Hello Griffen

We will be contacting you directly on the email associated with your account.

GamePrint

edited February 2018

Day 2 assembly and clean up!

Follow the story of how this Centaur was brought to life!

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/210041/turning-daz-3d-models-into-3d-printable-and-hand-painted-figures#latest

• $2 Special on STL downloads. 

3D Print your own Daz models at home!

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/

• GamePrint said:

$2 Special on STL downloads. 

That's a great idea.. :)

• GamePrint said:

Thank you, let us know when you try it!

• GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Sadly a 3D printer is one thing I don't have..but it is something I've started to consider more and more.  I appreciate this is probably a bit of a subjective question, but is there any particular printer you'd recommend?  I wouldn't mind paying more for something that's better quality.. but obviously printers in the tens of thousands are out of my budget range.

• GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Sadly a 3D printer is one thing I don't have..but it is something I've started to consider more and more.  I appreciate this is probably a bit of a subjective question, but is there any particular printer you'd recommend?  I wouldn't mind paying more for something that's better quality.. but obviously printers in the tens of thousands are out of my budget range.

Hey Jack

I would recommend that your first printer, be like your first car. The one that's not only going to teach you about 3D printing but also show you how it works.

My recommendations would be Prus i3

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/180-original-Prusa-i3-mk3-kit.html

Prusa's are commonly everyone's first 3D Printers, and you can learn to upgrade it through by printing upgrades. You can find lots of online community help for newbies.

If you're looking for a printer that is ready to print and requires very little TLC, I would recommend.

1. Ultimaker 3 My first choice.

2. Form 2. "More detailed, but harder to operate as its a different generation of 3D Printing technology"

I also recommend that you check 3D Hubs guide to 3D Printers, it find the best fit for what exactly your looking for, and can afford. 

https://www.3dhubs.com/best-3d-printer-guide

• retiretomauiretiretomaui Posts: 383
    edited February 2018

Is Gameprint able to offer scaled figures yet? I would love to print a few 1/72nd figures to go into a Star Trek shuttle model diorama that I'm working on.

Also, are there any problems with having Gameprint create the stl files and then having the end user upload them to a site like Shapeways for printing, if we don't own our own 3d printer? In other words, has anyone tried this and can Shapeways or similar actually print them properly? I'm talking about printing for personal use, of course, not for commercial sales. Many thanks,

Bob

Post edited by retiretomaui on
  • Is Gameprint able to offer scaled figures yet? I would love to print a few 1/72nd figures to go into a Star Trek shuttle model diorama that I'm working on.

Also, are there any problems with having Gameprint create the stl files and then having the end user upload them to a site like Shapeways for printing, if we don't own our own 3d printer? In other words, has anyone tried this and can Shapeways or similar actually print them properly? I'm talking about printing for personal use, of course, not for commercial sales. Many thanks,

Bob

Hey Bob,

I sent you a private message regarding the Star Trek Shuttle model. That should help. 

Yes ofcourse you, can take the STL file and print it on Shapeways, if you don't have your own printer. Or ofcourse, you could try out our top of the line 3D Printing and hand painted finishes. Check them out here.

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/availableFinishes

• I recieved my 3D printed bust this week, and wow, what an amazing experience!!

I will definitely be ordering more models, however, I need the 3D printing licence to be available ASAP. Also, my model had a minor defect on the paint finish, I can't post pictures as it's a nide bust, but that was my only criticism. For £50 though I'm blown away.

Do you offer additional discount for bulk orders? In the future I'd like to order 50-100 models and I need to cost things up.

edited February 2018

I got soem picyures from GamePrint, so as I cannot post any of my own, I'll share a couple.  What I ordrered was 2 x 7" figures, one standard, one collectible and as a couple of these images have the figures side-by-side they should give an idea of the differences.

20180201_111351.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    20180206_101410.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 778K
    IMG_20180207_211427.jpg
    1458 x 1888 - 593K
    2K0A4123.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 185K
    2K0A4159.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 173K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Hey Jack

I would recommend that your first printer, be like your first car. The one that's not only going to teach you about 3D printing but also show you how it works.

Prusa's are commonly everyone's first 3D Printers, and you can learn to upgrade it through by printing upgrades. You can find lots of online community help for newbies.

If you're looking for a printer that is ready to print and requires very little TLC, I would recommend.

2. Form 2. "More detailed, but harder to operate as its a different generation of 3D Printing technology"

I also recommend that you check 3D Hubs guide to 3D Printers, it find the best fit for what exactly your looking for, and can afford. 

Appreicate the help and recommendations, thanks!

• Karuki said:

I recieved my 3D printed bust this week, and wow, what an amazing experience!!

I will definitely be ordering more models, however, I need the 3D printing licence to be available ASAP. Also, my model had a minor defect on the paint finish, I can't post pictures as it's a nide bust, but that was my only criticism. For £50 though I'm blown away.

Do you offer additional discount for bulk orders? In the future I'd like to order 50-100 models and I need to cost things up.

Hello Karuki

Happy that you are happy, but we would still like to explore the defect you mentioned. 

I will be switching the conversaation to a DM message to discuss the bulk otders and the defected paint job.

GamePrint

GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:
    GamePrint said:

Hey Jack

Appreicate the help and recommendations, thanks!