3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 904

I have a quick question about exporting my figure for the beta. What are the correct settings for exporting it as an obj file? How does one keep the textures that are on the model? My obj keeps exporting without them.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I have a quick question about exporting my figure for the beta. What are the correct settings for exporting it as an obj file? How does one keep the textures that are on the model? My obj keeps exporting without them.

Gather textures in a folder. I sent my textures with the 2" betas but they don't use them I don't think. At least not yet. They are a bigger challege to paint accurately.

• Leonides02, yes it would. Our miniatures should be out soon. We will be making an annocument about them. 

If you would like to join the beta group, send us a miniature to [email protected] and we will send you the first one free, in exchange for some feedback.

Wow! This will be great for D&D miniatures. I don't know how I missed this announcement back in October, but I'm very, very excited! :D 

Gather textures in a folder. I sent my textures with the 2" betas but they don't use them I don't think. At least not yet. They are a bigger challege to paint accurately.

That makes sense. I imageine they would be much more difficult to paint in detail at that size. Thanks. :)

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

Yes, we lose accuracy around that size.

It would be an excellent test for new painters! We can use that the next time we recruit new artists?

That makes sense. I imageine they would be much more difficult to paint in detail at that size. Thanks. :)

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • Hey there! Anything look familiar? 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

That is fun! I wood carve and the cowboy, indian, and horse are still very popular theme in USA for wood carving.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    GamePrint said:

Hey there! Anything look familiar? 

Hmm . . . . the two painters have the same color shirt? cheeky

• Follow the behind the scenes of taking this model designed by GGARTIST and bringing it life!

Day 1. Post Printing Clean up!

• Hello, we are in process of updating our plugin. We will announce as soon as the new one is updated!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    GamePrint said:

Hello, we are in process of updating our plugin. We will announce as soon as the new one is updated!

Another?  Just had one in last day or so! *wonders if suggestions made in the survey will be seen*

• Hello Simon, don't worry you order has made it through the pipeline, and there is no interference with requests made through the old plugin. We still offer the same figures and finishing so don't worry! 

About the survey, of course, the changes made were inspirited by the feedback of everyone we have been speaking too!

Is there anything, in particular, your looking for? Maybe I can drip a few features!

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:

Hello, we are in process of updating our plugin. We will announce as soon as the new one is updated!

Another?  Just had one in last day or so! *wonders if suggestions made in the survey will be seen*

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited November 2017
    GamePrint said:

Hello Simon, don't worry you order has made it through the pipeline, and there is no interference with requests made through the old plugin. We still offer the same figures and finishing so don't worry! 

About the survey, of course, the changes made were inspirited by the feedback of everyone we have been speaking too!

Is there anything, in particular, your looking for? Maybe I can drip a few features!

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:

I think it would be mainly making sure that it was clear that any options made in the plug-in could be over-ridden at the 'back-end' on your site, and other options available, when the order is fiinalised.  Which, of course, also has the benefit of changes made to features not having to demand an updated plug-in!

Oh, and I have no concern over my beta order, and do feel free to delay it to process real orders!

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • Hello Simon

No delay, just working out the beta details and we should be producing them soon.

At any point after submission of the model through our plugin, you can always communicate with our team. 

If anything needs changing, we can always accommodate for it, as long as its ahead of printing, and painting.

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:

Hello Simon, don't worry you order has made it through the pipeline, and there is no interference with requests made through the old plugin. We still offer the same figures and finishing so don't worry! 

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:

I think it would be mainly making sure that it was clear that any options made in the plug-in could be over-ridden at the 'back-end' on your site, and other options available, when the order is fiinalised.  Which, of course, also has the benefit of changes made to features not having to demand an updated plug-in!

Oh, and I have no concern over my beta order, and do feel free to delay it to process real orders!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    GamePrint said:

Dkgoose,

That's not always the case, as we have fixed prices on almost most of our finshes.

If you see this model has wings to, see pic below. But generally her wing span is much smaller then that of the dragon. 

If you select the standard 7inch, the prices will not change. 

If your going for single color or primer we have a $99 special and that is also a fixed price.

If your selecting the collectible feature yes we do charge a little more, we usually calculate the surface area of the model, and apply that to our pricing formula since we need to calcualte the time required to paint the figure. 

Check out the page below to see the difference between each finish. 

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/help

dkgoose said:

So for a dragon figure to be printed as the 7" primed option would it cost a lot more to be printed considering the wings would make it wider than a human figure?

Awesome, I see some 3D printed dragonsnin the future :)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I do have a question, I think I might of missed something, I emailed my first figure and got an email back but haven't heard anything since and i can still send other figures for the beta or if it ended :/

• Dragonsnin, would be fun to printing one!

dkgoose said:
    GamePrint said:

Dkgoose,

That's not always the case, as we have fixed prices on almost most of our finshes.

If you see this model has wings to, see pic below. But generally her wing span is much smaller then that of the dragon. 

If you select the standard 7inch, the prices will not change. 

If your going for single color or primer we have a $99 special and that is also a fixed price.

If your selecting the collectible feature yes we do charge a little more, we usually calculate the surface area of the model, and apply that to our pricing formula since we need to calcualte the time required to paint the figure. 

Check out the page below to see the difference between each finish. 

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/help

dkgoose said:

So for a dragon figure to be printed as the 7" primed option would it cost a lot more to be printed considering the wings would make it wider than a human figure?

Awesome, I see some 3D printed dragonsnin the future :)

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

We have a BLACK FRIDAY Promotion for you!

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/

Post edited by GamePrint on

How would such a thing as an animal with LAMH hair work as a 3D print? For example, one of the Daz Big Cat 2 felines with LAMH fur. Would all that furriness be difficult to handle? I know you have a good way of dealing with hair, so would LAMH fur be similar at all?

• How would such a thing as an animal with LAMH hair work as a 3D print? For example, one of the Daz Big Cat 2 felines with LAMH fur. Would all that furriness be difficult to handle? I know you have a good way of dealing with hair, so would LAMH fur be similar at all?

Currently we are printing such an animal with LAMH fur but it required extra work from our team to get done, it is not an easy thing to do but our team is up for a challenge and hopefully the quality gets out as good as expected and as we wanted.
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    dkgoose said:

I do have a question, I think I might of missed something, I emailed my first figure and got an email back but haven't heard anything since and i can still send other figures for the beta or if it ended :/

I think the beta is good until the end of November, but only the first one is free.  Rest is 50% off.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,993
    GamePrint said:

How would such a thing as an animal with LAMH hair work as a 3D print? For example, one of the Daz Big Cat 2 felines with LAMH fur. Would all that furriness be difficult to handle? I know you have a good way of dealing with hair, so would LAMH fur be similar at all?

Currently we are printing such an animal with LAMH fur but it required extra work from our team to get done, it is not an easy thing to do but our team is up for a challenge and hopefully the quality gets out as good as expected and as we wanted.

That would probably be my wolf.... Sorry that it caused such problems! crying

The LAHm fur was Converted to object, otherwise the wolf would've looked pretty naked. 

• I will pick up mine from the depot tomorrow as I was at work when they dropped by

am very excited (and depot near Ikea so may spend more munny)

• BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:

The LAHm fur was Converted to object, otherwise the wolf would've looked pretty naked. 

No worries :) we are happy that we got to work on it and yes the wolf won't look good naked ;)
  • th3Digit said:

I will pick up mine from the depot tomorrow as I was at work when they dropped by

am very excited (and depot near Ikea so may spend more munny)

Let us know! Some unboxing might be great as well :D
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,993
    GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:

No worries :) we are happy that we got to work on it and yes the wolf won't look good naked ;)

Some people are true masochistd, it seems. wink

I'm really curious about how the fur turns out. It mostly would've created extra volume and a closed surface, from just looking at it. How did that translate to 3D print pattern?

• BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:

I'm really curious about how the fur turns out. It mostly would've created extra volume and a closed surface, from just looking at it. How did that translate to 3D print pattern?

well my cat on my home printer actually had one whisker!!! so I could picture the fur actually being tiny fibres of resin, dunno if that's so and how one would paint it.

• BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:

An image is worth a thousand words, I guess it will be great to see the images after it gets finalized and delivered :D
  • OK my unboxing video
    I am not used to doing these as you can see, I unwrap open stuff THEN show it off after normally

• mmm ipad uploads images rotated

99D4566A-9752-40E9-B130-76FB6ABB3F07.jpeg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    71BA0486-76C5-42F6-BF6F-E6FA5B4683E2.jpeg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M