3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• SimonJM said:

Oh I have been so tempted to sign p for the beta but have not been sure if I'd ever really get many figures later on. ... Just picture a poor little sackboy spinning in ever-decreasing circles with a flockof bluebirds tweeting about his head ... cheeky

Oh hell, sign me up, just off to buy teh plug-innow ...!

Thanks a lot! you are in wink

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Oh I have been so tempted to sign p for the beta but have not been sure if I'd ever really get many figures later on. ... Just picture a poor little sackboy spinning in ever-decreasing circles with a flockof bluebirds tweeting about his head ... cheeky

Oh hell, sign me up, just off to buy teh plug-innow ...!

Ok, bought, downloaded, installed and currently in midst of a test of plug-in (currently doing upload) with a 'dummy' ordrer to see how it works.

Let me know if you need any help

• Getting my model ready and have a quick question

When it comes to printing tears or holes in clothing do the holes need to be modeled or will the printing process use the same alpha maps that dazs uses to render

I assume the plug in uses any type of modeling/ rendering maps; normal height exct., that Daz uses when rendering?     

We can extract it from the maps but the map should be high resolution so that we can give a good quality geometry.

• BeeMKay said:

I have a question (sorry if this has been asked before). In the preview on the website, I only see the character as it appears in pre-render mode in Studio (whitish surfaces, no map details, etc).  Do you get a more detailled image inhouse (like a DS render image), or would I have to supply you a rendered image?

No worries, we do take a render of the model as well, you can also supply additional renders and our production team will contact you if they need any additional renders to proceed with the model smiley

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

If you're interested in finding out how this model was 3D printed and hand-painted? Follow the link. 
    Daz 3D printing using Gameprint

Follow the behind the scenes thread here in the Art Studio

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/210041/behind-the-scenes-of-3d-printing-and-bringing-a-daz-3d-model-to-life#latest

2K0A9506.jpg
    736 x 1200 - 145K
    20170929_123513.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 236K
    Post edited by GamePrint on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

It's "you're", not "your" in the first line... also, while I'm nitpickingly make an arse out of myself... in your tag line, you have "3D printnig" instead of printing. wink

Much love for the new thread, though! heart

It will certainly help people to understand just how much work and effort goes into the prints, and that you really take care with what we entrust to you.

edited November 2017
    BeeMKay said:
    It's "you're", not "your" in the first line... also, while I'm nitpickingly make an arse out of myself... in your tag line, you have "3D printnig" instead of printing. wink

Much love for the new thread, though! heart

It will certainly help people to understand just how much work and effort goes into the prints, and that you really take care with what we entrust to you.

Thank you sooooo much for correcting it, we fixed them both.  We appricate the extra eyes on the forums.

edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I knew you'd love the post. devilwink

edited November 2017
    BeeMKay said:

I knew you'd love the post. devilwink

You know us to well!!! What's new in your world? just kidding You're world.

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited November 2017

Are you interested in hand painting your Daz Models? 

If yes, 

Our 99 Primed 7inch is your perfect choice.  It comes cleaned and primed, ready for your painting!

Daz3d

Here's why you should get it TODAY!

• We offer free shipping on all models as a part of our launch promotion.

• We've launched this with a new promotion, which brings down the price to $99.

• Be the first to get it!

• So, I got the Beta email from you guys this morning.  All you need is the OBJ file, we don't need to go through the plugin?

• I see that Mixed Dimensions is based in San Mateo.  For future orders, would it be possible to just pick up prints in person there instead of having them shipped?  I live across the bay.

edited November 2017

Hey,

Since the miniatures are still in beta, the plugin does not facilitate it yet. That's why we ask to send the OBJ manually by email. Sorry for the extra step! It will soon hopefully be integrated into our Plugin.

So, I got the Beta email from you guys this morning.  All you need is the OBJ file, we don't need to go through the plugin?

edited November 2017

That's a great suggestion, but we currently produce the models somewhere in Europe. For the time being, we have to ship them directly to your doorstep, but in the future, we can explore a pickup option and i'll make sure to give you a shout out for that suggestion. 

I see that Mixed Dimensions is based in San Mateo.  For future orders, would it be possible to just pick up prints in person there instead of having them shipped?  I live across the bay.

• Dumb questions about the beta 50% discount for additional models ordered

I figure the free model will be a single color. If we subit additional models and want them painted can we get them at a reduced cost or does the beta discount only apply to single color options? Also do we just request that stuff inthe email and wait for oyu to get back to us with the final price

OUTSIDE THE BETA

I could be wrong on the following so sorry if I got some facts wrong:

Don't we get a 10% discount on our first order for buying the plug in and submitting our models through Daz? If that is true are their any restrictions on what that discount can be used for

Thanks 

• Hello Nmarige, 

The free model is part of our beta miniature beta program. We will ship the first one for free, as a part of our beta testing. They come in one color, and around 1-2 inches in height. 

The 50% off is another perk we are giving our beta community, but it will be only for miniatures for the rest of November. We are learning about what we can, and what we can't do with miniatures, and that's why we are offering this beta program outside our plugin. 

We do offer a 10% off on the first purchase you ever make, to refund the cost of the plugin. 

Does that all make sense?

Dumb questions about the beta 50% discount for additional models ordered

I figure the free model will be a single color. If we subit additional models and want them painted can we get them at a reduced cost or does the beta discount only apply to single color options? Also do we just request that stuff inthe email and wait for oyu to get back to us with the final price

OUTSIDE THE BETA

I could be wrong on the following so sorry if I got some facts wrong:

Don't we get a 10% discount on our first order for buying the plug in and submitting our models through Daz? If that is true are their any restrictions on what that discount can be used for

Thanks 

• GamePrint said:

Hello Nmarige, 

The free model is part of our beta miniature beta program. We will ship the first one for free, as a part of our beta testing. They come in one color, and around 1-2 inches in height. 

The 50% off is another perk we are giving our beta community, but it will be only for miniatures for the rest of November. We are learning about what we can, and what we can't do with miniatures, and that's why we are offering this beta program outside our plugin. 

We do offer a 10% off on the first purchase you ever make, to refund the cost of the plugin. 

OK just to make sure I understand

The 2 inch models will come in only one color. There is no option to have you guys paint them. I assume it would be possible for us to paint them once they arrive

The 50% off is the rest of november and applies only to the 2 inch models

For buying hte plug in we get a 10% discount for out first order through the daz plug in. So if I go and order a 250 model I get 25 ofI take it

edited November 2017

Yes, exactly correct on all points.

2-inch models (Miniatures) will come in one color, you will need to prime and paint them, and we pretty much send them to you 3D printed and cleaned.

We don't have a 2inch painted version, but if you find it interesting, we ask that you fill out the survey so our team can consider it.

Yes, 50% is a special offer only on the 2-inch miniatures. and Yes 50% off on miniatures but this still is not live, as the miniatures are still in beta and not available on our site. They should be very soon.

Yes, if you buy our standard 7 inches for $250 you will get a $25 discount on your first order

Here's our survey link

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeswteo2urlf1hYy4R3wDpfgIQdQx9svsm9QAeE6tMyiM_Rxg/viewform

GamePrint said:

Hello Nmarige, 

OK just to make sure I understand

The 2 inch models will come in only one color. There is no option to have you guys paint them. I assume it would be possible for us to paint them once they arrive

The 50% off is the rest of november and applies only to the 2 inch models

For buying hte plug in we get a 10% discount for out first order through the daz plug in. So if I go and order a 250 model I get 25 ofI take it

• How much will the full price of the miniature (1-2inch) models be? Mostly so I know how many I can afford to prep and order this month! ^_~

I'm working on optimizing my first two tonight after work. I need them to be a certain height relation to each other, so it's taking some tweaking, and I also want to make sure they look good from all angles before I export.

• Hello Hanabi

At this stage, we are still running a few cost experiments to find the right sweet spot between the right material and price. This is why we are still in beta on miniatures. 

Let's have a look at them, so our team can give you some input on your model. Can you send them to us at [email protected]?

Hanabi said:

How much will the full price of the miniature (1-2inch) models be? Mostly so I know how many I can afford to prep and order this month! ^_~

I'm working on optimizing my first two tonight after work. I need them to be a certain height relation to each other, so it's taking some tweaking, and I also want to make sure they look good from all angles before I export.

• Sent off my first beta project and placed my first order for a 7". 

I AM SO EXCITED TO PAINT THESE! 

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    th3Digit said:

I just saw how Australia Post will handle my package angry

Customers furious as postman’s 'disgraceful' act caught on camera - 9news.com.au https://apple.news/A_febxj6JSRSmv7WNVsC5BA

Don't say that Wendy I have an expensive digital camera come now !

There's a  video on YouTube showing a FedEx delivery man throw a flat panel TV over a fence.  Then as he's leaving, he looks back at the residence as if to make sure no one saw him do it.  But the security camera caught it all.

• Hello Hanabi,

Congrats on your first order with us! We are super excited about the miniatures as well.

Would you like us to explore the idea of priming them for you to paint them directly?

Hanabi said:

Sent off my first beta project and placed my first order for a 7". 

I AM SO EXCITED TO PAINT THESE! 

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

GamePrint said:

Hello Hanabi,

Congrats on your first order with us! We are super excited about the miniatures as well.

Would you like us to explore the idea of priming them for you to paint them directly?

I'm not @Hanabi, but my wife (whose mini I'll be sending over soon) would probably appreciate that.  For myself, I'd definitely want to investigate getting minis painted by you folks.  My wife can (and likely will) paint hers but my fine motor skills aren't so hot.

--  Morgan

• Hello CypherFOX

Great did you send them over already?

We currently do not painting on the miniatures, at this stage. But we can explore priming them for them to be painted directly.

Would you prefer we prime  the model your wife would like to paint? So to save her the process of having to clean it up, and prime it herself?

CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

GamePrint said:

Hello Hanabi,

I'm not @Hanabi, but my wife (whose mini I'll be sending over soon) would probably appreciate that.  For myself, I'd definitely want to investigate getting minis painted by you folks.  My wife can (and likely will) paint hers but my fine motor skills aren't so hot.

--  Morgan

• It's a good thing our packaging is apocalypse proof! You can't trust anyone these days!

Graze said:
    th3Digit said:

Customers furious as postman’s 'disgraceful' act caught on camera - 9news.com.au https://apple.news/A_febxj6JSRSmv7WNVsC5BA

There's a  video on YouTube showing a FedEx delivery man throw a flat panel TV over a fence.  Then as he's leaving, he looks back at the residence as if to make sure no one saw him do it.  But the security camera caught it all.

edited November 2017

Quick question... if I want to order two separate figures (each one is its own figure, they are not supposed to be put together on one stand) in one order, how do I do that?

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Hello BeeMkay

Glad you asked that question.

First, you need to make both orders individually, as we don't have a cart where you can add multiple items to it. Sorry about that, so you're going to have to send it twice and make two orders.

Second, we currently offer free shipping, so don't worry about paying for shipping twice, as shipping is free for our launch period. SO take advantage of that!

Excited to see your models!

Graze said:
    th3Digit said:

BeeMKay said:

Quick question... if I want to order two separate figures (each one is its own figure, they are not supposed to be put together on one stand) in one order, how do I do that?

• About to send my mini in - do you need a base for it to stand on or will you add that?

• Also, I haven't really used the export settings before.  What conversion settings should it use for the .obj?

• About to send my mini in - do you need a base for it to stand on or will you add that?

We prefer to add the base from our end during the beta but if you wish then feel free to submit a base.

Also, I haven't really used the export settings before.  What conversion settings should it use for the .obj?

You can use the default export settings