3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• Want to find out more, about the different finishes we offer? Check out our detailed finishes pages and find out exactly what we offer!

Daz 3D gameprint

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

Find out more about how you can bring your Daz 3D model to life, using our 3D Printing, and hand painting service. Watch the video!

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • GamePrint said:

About to send my mini in - do you need a base for it to stand on or will you add that?

We prefer to add the base from our end during the beta but if you wish then feel free to submit a base.

Also, I haven't really used the export settings before.  What conversion settings should it use for the .obj?

You can use the default export settings

It's sent!

•  

We got it! Thanks!

GamePrint said:

About to send my mini in - do you need a base for it to stand on or will you add that?

We prefer to add the base from our end during the beta but if you wish then feel free to submit a base.

Also, I haven't really used the export settings before.  What conversion settings should it use for the .obj?

You can use the default export settings

It's sent!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

So for a dragon figure to be printed as the 7" primed option would it cost a lot more to be printed considering the wings would make it wider than a human figure?

• Dkgoose,

That's not always the case, as we have fixed prices on almost most of our finshes.

If you see this model has wings to, see pic below. But generally her wing span is much smaller then that of the dragon. 

If you select the standard 7inch, the prices will not change. 

If your going for single color or primer we have a $99 special and that is also a fixed price.

If your selecting the collectible feature yes we do charge a little more, we usually calculate the surface area of the model, and apply that to our pricing formula since we need to calcualte the time required to paint the figure. 

Check out the page below to see the difference between each finish. 

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/help

dkgoose said:

So for a dragon figure to be printed as the 7" primed option would it cost a lot more to be printed considering the wings would make it wider than a human figure?

• No it will not cost more! Our prices are fixed for 7inch Primer. 

So enjoy it.

GamePrint said:

Dkgoose,

That's not always the case, as we have fixed prices on almost most of our finshes.

If you see this model has wings to, see pic below. But generally her wing span is much smaller then that of the dragon. 

If you select the standard 7inch, the prices will not change. 

If your going for single color or primer we have a $99 special and that is also a fixed price.

If your selecting the collectible feature yes we do charge a little more, we usually calculate the surface area of the model, and apply that to our pricing formula since we need to calcualte the time required to paint the figure. 

Check out the page below to see the difference between each finish. 

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/help

dkgoose said:

• Get the 7" collectible the devil is in the details, and in this model!  To find out more about our different finishes check here

DAZ3D 3D PRINT

edited November 2017

Day 4 has just been published, and we just finished the base coat and we start detailing.

Follow our WIP thread where we go through the process of bringing a Daz3D figure to life. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/210041/behind-the-scenes-of-3d-printing-and-bringing-a-daz-3d-model-to-life#latest

edited November 2017

Final Goodbye! 
    One last look before we ship off this collectible to the person who ordered it! 

20171017_104104.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 746K
    edited November 2017

Would you eat this for lunch? cheeky it makes a good main dish with sushi

GamePrint sushi

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

It's honestly making me hungry for lobster.

• Oso3D said:

even if it looks like that?

surprise

• TaslaqTaslaq Posts: 78
    edited November 2017

Training team members at Mixed Dimensions:GamePrint Studio to get the best outputs :) those guys are amazing 

20170920_143841.jpg

20171010_105452.jpg

Post edited by Taslaq on
  •  

Maybe we should do lobster first, and then ICE cream ;-)

th3Digit said:
    Oso3D said:

surprise

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    GamePrint said:

th3Digit said:
    Oso3D said:

surprise

I'll skip the main course, but join you for the ice-cream cheeky

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,781
    GamePrint said:

Hey Gameprint...not sure if you check your messages in the forums here...but I sent you one

Rawn

• They do! 

• Thanks Hanabi,

yes we do! 

Hanabi said:

They do! 

edited November 2017
    GamePrint said:
    Hey Gameprint...not sure if you check your messages in the forums here...but I sent you one
    RawArt said:

Rawn

Hey Rawn,

Thanks for reaching out. You've got a response! 

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

Thanks for adding the option to upload your own renders of the figure to the mesh. I feel a lot safer knowing that the colours will come across properly, and not depend on your house-internal rendering.heart

• It is our pleasure Bee.

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:

th3Digit said:
    Oso3D said:

surprise

I'll skip the main course, but join you for the ice-cream cheeky

BeeMKay said:

Thanks for adding the option to upload your own renders of the figure to the mesh. I feel a lot safer knowing that the colours will come across properly, and not depend on your house-internal rendering.heart

BeeMKay said:

edited November 2017

Happy Wednesday from this little guy and our Studio! 
    He might not look so happy!

• As a heads up for you guys... somewhere down the road I've got a figure that will need a 2"x2" base and be 3 or 4 inches tall.  It's a standard mini scale figure on a mount.

Just a data point to keep in mind.

edited November 2017

We decided to put our packaging to the test and put it through a crash test... We invest so much time making these figures; we wanted to make sure they arrive safe and sound. Everyone seemed freaked out after that horrible video of the delivery man throwing around the package. 

Check out what happened after we unboxed!  PLEASE NOTE WE DON'T DO THIS WITH CUSTOMER'S ORDERS AND THIS MODEL IS PART OF THE STUDIO'S SHOWCASE!

• thisledownsname

We look forward to getting it, when you planning on sendind it? 

As a heads up for you guys... somewhere down the road I've got a figure that will need a 2"x2" base and be 3 or 4 inches tall.  It's a standard mini scale figure on a mount.

• GamePrint said:

thisledownsname

We look forward to getting it, when you planning on sendind it? 

As a heads up for you guys... somewhere down the road I've got a figure that will need a 2"x2" base and be 3 or 4 inches tall.  It's a standard mini scale figure on a mount.

I didn't think you were ready for intermediate sizes yet.  I can send it in as soon as I reinstall some 3rd party objects.

Trying to get a file ready to print...It was commented to me that the first one might be better with some kind of support going from the arm to the base, so I added the slime you see in the second image.

My question is.....would it actually be better with the support like that?

Nosfer1.jpg
    723 x 861 - 173K
    Nosfer2.jpg
    723 x 861 - 192K
  • It all depends on what you're looking for and the story you're trying to say with the figure. If you don't want to have support structures, we can build ones that will be in use for just the printing process. 

Evidence of their existence we will remove in the cleanup, and painting process. The resin should be strong enough to hold up the arm.

So it's really up to you, The second one is very cool, but I feel the character should be looking at something, possibly a skull or something else that he's carrying.

Trying to get a file ready to print...It was commented to me that the first one might be better with some kind of support going from the arm to the base, so I added the slime you see in the second image.

RawArt said:

GamePrint said:

It all depends on what you're looking for and the story you're trying to say with the figure. If you don't want to have support structures, we can build ones that will be in use for just the printing process. 

Evidence of their existence we will remove in the cleanup, and painting process. The resin should be strong enough to hold up the arm.

So it's really up to you, The second one is very cool, but I feel the character should be looking at something, possibly a skull or something else that he's carrying.

RawArt said:

The original (without the blood) was more focusing on the character (because i like my character LOL), so it was kinda of a "fear the light" type of shot.....the second has more of a story, you are right, and holding a heart would really tell it....but then the character gets more lost behind the story. So I am on the fence...either way works for me