3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2017

I need to ask if we can supply the STL file after a print job but my initial guess is yes, however I will need to revert to the team for an accurate answer.

This should be available on request at least. In my day job we pay for 3D model creation as well as photo-real renders. We also get in the package a 3D model asset we can use later for other reasons. The 3D model is available(as it was used for the print/render), and the contracted company already got paid for a bigger offering so I don't see how it would hurt to offer this when requested.

I know many may not care, but for me, getting the $5 STL after I paid 20X more for a print seems reasonable. 

Thanks for checking ^_^

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,034
    GamePrint said:

Hey Artini

Its 5$ to get a downlodable stl.

We rebuild the mesh removing all intersections, boundery edges, and non manifolids, making sure you model is water tight and ready for 3D printing.

Artini said:

How much it cost to get the downloadable STL file, without ordering the actual 3D print?

Thanks for letting me know.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,000
    BeeMKay said:

I've found a model, but I'm wondering, can you only use stuff from the Daz store in 3D printing? I assume you can't use items from sites like Renderosity?

You'd have to check the particular terms of service for the items you buy at Rendo, the Hive, or elsewhere.

You can find Rendo's EULA here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/wiki/?policies&license

In point 4 "Prohibited Use", underpoint 4, it says "This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible Product or replica of the 3D mesh/model/Product acquired. Please email [email protected] for an Extended License, if such licensing is needed."

If you want to print 3D, you'll need the Extended license, check here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/wiki/?policies&extended

Straight to the point.

Oh well... That's my plan out of the window.

Thanks for replying ^^

Well, on the bright side of things, if you DO buy the extended license, you can print up to 100.000 copies of the item and sell them. Go beat that, DAZ3D!  wink

• 3DLust3DLust Posts: 230
    Did a test run of downloading an STL and printing it on my CR-10 at medium resolution and about 5 inches high. Worked out really good and the $5 for the file is definitely worth it, especially for more complex models - thanks for the plugin!
    20171128_123210-COLLAGE.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 123K
  • 3DLust said:
    Did a test run of downloading an STL and printing it on my CR-10 at medium resolution and about 5 inches high. Worked out really good and the $5 for the file is definitely worth it, especially for more complex models - thanks for the plugin!

3D lust, thanks for the great feedback!

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

3D Print at home using GAMEPRINT.

We’ve added a new “Download STL” button to our plugin and wanted to tell what happens when you click it.

First, why should you print your Daz3D models? Well it’s great way to learn how to 3D print, and hand paint on your own. Also, it's a great way to celebrate your Daz modelling efforts, and bring your hard work to life.

Your model will be uploaded to our server and repaired without many configurations steps. Removing all manual work and automating the process for you.

Here's exactly what we do.

First, we analyze and scale your model depending on the size 3, 7 and 12 inches and look for thin areas at the same time. Thins areas could be hair, clothes, fingers, wingtips, etc. We then thicken these regions to ensure printability.

We also scan for the intersection between different meshes, this could acquire when you add clothes or hair to let's say Victoria from Genesis 8 series. So we rebuild the mesh of the model and ensure all touch points are merged in the meshing step.

We also remove all internal geometries to ensure that you print only the outer shell and avoid wasting any time, and material printing something on the inside, and we do your slicer a big favour with this step as will make your model slice seamlessly.

After you click the button, it usually takes 4-6 minutes depending on the complexity of the model. You will have a progress bar, and you can close your browser tab if you like, we usually email you when the STL is ready to download.

Here are a few pictures showing BEFORE and AFTER using our plugin. To further explain the impact of thickness adjustment I’ve added an AFTER images to show what our fixer does to different scales.

Note, that printability is the top priority for this process and should beat renderability. So the outcome is more in favour of printing, and specific areas could get swollen! This is specific with miniatures, as there are a lot of thin areas when models are scaled down to 3 inches.

A good hack is to remove things that don't scale nicely, i.e. eyelashes and transparent parts from the model as they will look abnormal when thickening.

Another good trick is to remove any unnecessary parts of the scene. Our fixing algorithm’s resolution is distributed equally around the bounding box. If something exists in the scene you don't want to print, remove it to speed up the process and give more resolution to things that have importance.

"We hope you enjoy bringing your character to life and enjoy 3D printing it seamlessly using our automatic repair/optimisation plugin designed especially for Daz 3D characters. Please keep the feedback coming, and we look forward to seeing your models come to life."

GAMEPRINT

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • It would be great also if there was a preview of an uncolored version of the STL file to better preview what you are getting before you download :)  

• Studio360 said:

It would be great also if there was a preview of an uncolored version of the STL file to better preview what you are getting before you download :)  

Yeah, I guess we can generate few renders from different angles for the output STL

• You can now download the STL file from the same plugin.

GamePrint said:

Wat if I have the 3d printert allready? Can I print the models for me?

Not at the moment I'm afraid, we will try to get this out in the future.

• nmargie_d65db43582nmargie_d65db43582 Posts: 156
    edited December 2017
    3DLust said:

Thats ones of those CR-10 DIY printers. If you were buying another printer today would you get another DIY type or would you buy a standard one? I been looking and it appears many claim you can get higher end features in a DIY model for the same cost of a lower featured standard one.

Also did oyu model the hair as its own piece. I notice the bangs are away fromthe forhead? 

Post edited by nmargie_d65db43582 on
    edited December 2017

Whohooooo!!!!! Christmas came early this year! smiley

I gifted myself this year, and ordered a 3D print from Gameprint. This is a character from my web comic (actually, it's two characters...), rendered in Iray:

I ordered on November 8th, and decided to get a 7 inch standard paint figure. The order procedure was simple, though I mucked up the upload... but with the splendid customer support from Gameprint, everything came together nicely.

Today, the package arrived, well wrapped...

I started the expedition into the innards...

I couldn't wait opening the box!

Seth_Front_1.jpg
    1578 x 2600 - 294K
    WEB20171204_182354.jpg
    600 x 800 - 69K
    WEB20171204_182538.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 99K
    WEB20171204_182629.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 90K
    WEB20171204_182741.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 104K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 2017

When I opened the box, I was speechless at the details of the face and hair that immideately sprang into my eyes. The figure was bound safely to a cardboard, and everything was padded so no damage could happen (unless perhaps an elephant sat on the package...wink).

The outstretched arm with the snake was detached from the rest of the body.

The images don't do the figure justice, and the effort that the artists put into the face, and the other details of the figurine.

The only thing that wasn't on the figurine were the flame symbols on the pants, but I guess that's what the Collectible version is for.

Some better light... those fingers are so thin and tiny!

So... a totally awed and happy critter here! Thanks to everyone at GamePrint! smileyheart

WEB20171204_182806.jpg
    2600 x 1950 - 533K
    WEB20171204_182848.jpg
    1950 x 2600 - 902K
    WEB20171204_183227.jpg
    1950 x 2600 - 513K
    WEB20171204_183300.jpg
    1950 x 2600 - 504K
    WEB20171204_183321.jpg
    1950 x 2600 - 511K
    WEB20171204_183543.jpg
    1950 x 2600 - 633K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,647
    BeeMKay said:

Well, on the bright side of things, if you DO buy the extended license, you can print up to 100.000 copies of the item and sell them. Go beat that, DAZ3D!  wink

They already have. Good luck getting quality characters from there since you can't use anything made to be used on daz figures.

BeeMKay said:

So... a totally awed and happy critter here! Thanks to everyone at GamePrint! smileyheart

Congrats, that looks fantastic!

edited December 2017
    BeeMKay said:

They already have. Good luck getting quality characters from there since you can't use anything made to be used on daz figures.

Oh, I was just commenting on the conditions, not on actually using it in connection with any DAZ figures.

BeeMKay said:

Congrats, that looks fantastic!

Yes, they do. I got a mail with pictures taken by the Gameprint's photographer - they are tons better than my messed up mobile pics in the dim light.

2K0A1821.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 235K
    2K0A1822.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 246K
    2K0A1810.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 148K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,961

That does look good. Has anyone dropped one of those on a hard floor yet?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,647

LOL, I think you need to order one to try it out and see what happens wink

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418

LOL, I think you need to order one to try it out and see what happens wink

. . . . and post some pictures of the outcome.

I have a 2" beta that I will receive sometime in the future. If I decide to order one and pay for it I will test it on the beta one I get. Or maybe I'll drop it on accident for real trying to hold it in my hand painting it.

• Challenge accepeted.

We will do a video on a generally break test.

Expect to see it soon.

GamePrint said:

Challenge accepeted.

We will do a video on a generally break test.

Expect to see it soon.

They look sturdy, like they'd have to hit the floor just right or you'd have to toss it hard to the floor. 

• If you're looking for a good base to use for your collectible.

Check out this these awesome Bases designed by StoneMason.

Here's an actual picture of one that we printed, and hand painted. 

• Get the free Printable STL with every standard or collectible order.

https://daz3d.gameprint.net

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    GamePrint said:

Get the free Printable STL with every standard or collectible order.

That's great news Does that mean,that I get the .stl for my already delivered item too? Or is this just for orders from now on?
    GamePrint said:

Well that makes it more likely I will order.

• We can arrange that.

HoMart said:

GamePrint said:

That's great news Does that mean,that I get the .stl for my already delivered item too? Or is this just for orders from now on?

edited December 2017

Get your painting skills going and use this

$75 special on 7 Inch primed figures. Over the weekend sale. 

edited December 2017

To see how this model was made.

Follow the Work In Progress story in the ART studio forum: Link below

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/210041/turning-daz-3d-models-into-3d-printable-and-hand-painted-figures#latest

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 2017

Received my first two prints, very impressed (but not surprised)!

I could only justify the primed versions, will most likely mess up the painting myself in the New Year. wink

The quality of the prints are incredible, the additon of the pegs in the feet and the magnets in feet and bases is ingenious. Shipping time was roughly two days from Poland to Canada, the packing was phenomenal -- you'd pretty much have to have an elephant sit on it to damage the models (no amount of normal dropping of the package would have damaged it).

GamePrint has another very satisfied customer. smiley

-- Walt Sterdan

P.S. Thanks again, GamePrint, for your incredible custome service; implementing the single-colour/primed versions so quickly made the purchase possible, I will be buying more. 

First_Prints_00.jpg
    700 x 1011 - 95K
    Post edited by wsterdan on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 2017

Oops, double-post, too excited about my prints. blush

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,826
    edited December 2017

I recently got my first figurine. I only had it primed, so I will be painting it myself. The finish is excellent and when inserted in the stand it is very sturdy with the pin/magnet combo they used on the forward leg. Here is a photo GamePrint provided of the completed figure:

I was especially interested in how the beard and hair detail would turn out and they look good. Here are some photos of the front and rear head. I included a penny to give you a sense of scale and also a render for comparison. I used a paint shader that was a fairly close match to the primer so color would not interfere with a comparison. In the pairs below, the first image is the model and the second image is a render. 

Print:     

Render:

Print:                                              

Render:

Unfortunately I had some shipping damage. The outside box had a few creases and the lid of the GamePrint box had a slight depression. The main figurine came loose from it's tie during shipping and was loose in the box. The shield's strap was broken from the hand and the shield. The axe handle also split. GamePrint has been very responsive and offered to redo the entire figure but I suggested just redoing the arms with axe and shield (since they attach to the figure with magnets) and that's what they are doing. I continue to find GamePrint very customer responsive.

Viking GamePrint figurine.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 175K
    Viking head front.jpg
    2191 x 1748 - 597K
    Viking head front render.jpg
    500 x 600 - 139K
    Viking head rear.jpg
    2208 x 1610 - 613K
    Viking head rear render.jpg
    500 x 600 - 57K
    Post edited by RGcincy on