3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

•  

I would love to see the one with the heart! But totally up to you! Let me know what you decide! 

RawArt said:
    GamePrint said:

It all depends on what you're looking for and the story you're trying to say with the figure. If you don't want to have support structures, we can build ones that will be in use for just the printing process. 

Evidence of their existence we will remove in the cleanup, and painting process. The resin should be strong enough to hold up the arm.

So it's really up to you, The second one is very cool, but I feel the character should be looking at something, possibly a skull or something else that he's carrying.

Trying to get a file ready to print...It was commented to me that the first one might be better with some kind of support going from the arm to the base, so I added the slime you see in the second image.

RawArt said:

My question is.....would it actually be better with the support like that?

The original (without the blood) was more focusing on the character (because i like my character LOL), so it was kinda of a "fear the light" type of shot.....the second has more of a story, you are right, and holding a heart would really tell it....but then the character gets more lost behind the story. So I am on the fence...either way works for me

• Maybe do a poll and get the forums opinion???

RawArt said:
    GamePrint said:

It all depends on what you're looking for and the story you're trying to say with the figure. If you don't want to have support structures, we can build ones that will be in use for just the printing process. 

Evidence of their existence we will remove in the cleanup, and painting process. The resin should be strong enough to hold up the arm.

So it's really up to you, The second one is very cool, but I feel the character should be looking at something, possibly a skull or something else that he's carrying.

Trying to get a file ready to print...It was commented to me that the first one might be better with some kind of support going from the arm to the base, so I added the slime you see in the second image.

RawArt said:

The original (without the blood) was more focusing on the character (because i like my character LOL), so it was kinda of a "fear the light" type of shot.....the second has more of a story, you are right, and holding a heart would really tell it....but then the character gets more lost behind the story. So I am on the fence...either way works for me

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,781
    GamePrint said:

Maybe do a poll and get the forums opinion???

RawArt said:
    GamePrint said:

RawArt said:

hah...no...I will ponder it and upload something to you guys on the weekend

• Hello Everyone,

Fasial from the GamePrint team. 

We are experimenting with materials for the miniatures.
    I wanted to share one of them with you!
    Your feedback is welcome!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Hello Everyone,

I like it. It makes me want to print out those little green soldiers my older brothers used to play with or a cannister of those barrel of monkeys me & my frieends played with.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

The details came out great, even for this small size! I'm impressed, really.

How about stability?

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

Final Day, Delivery!

Here are the final delivered models, we enjoyed working on this model so much that we decided to make it in two sizes.

Thanks, Cake One for this beautiful model.

BeeMKay said:

The details came out great, even for this small size! I'm impressed, really.

How about stability?

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • GamePrint said:

We decided to put our packaging to the test and put it through a crash test... We invest so much time making these figures; we wanted to make sure they arrive safe and sound. Everyone seemed freaked out after that horrible video of the delivery man throwing around the package. 

Check out what happened after we unboxed!  PLEASE NOTE WE DON'T DO THIS WITH CUSTOMER'S ORDERS AND THIS MODEL IS PART OF THE STUDIO'S SHOWCASE!

video

Thumbs up on the packaging!  Just another check mark in the confidence column! 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    RawArt said:
    GamePrint said:

RawArt said:

One of each? cheeky

• Thank you!!! 

GamePrint said:

We decided to put our packaging to the test and put it through a crash test... We invest so much time making these figures; we wanted to make sure they arrive safe and sound. Everyone seemed freaked out after that horrible video of the delivery man throwing around the package. 

Check out what happened after we unboxed!  PLEASE NOTE WE DON'T DO THIS WITH CUSTOMER'S ORDERS AND THIS MODEL IS PART OF THE STUDIO'S SHOWCASE!

video

Thumbs up on the packaging!  Just another check mark in the confidence column! 

• I'm trying to export a model as an obj for the beta, but there's a problem with the export.  I've got some things on the model set to zero opacity to hide them, but the DAZ export function can't seem to tell that, so the obj file still shows them.  Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

• I'm trying to export a model as an obj for the beta, but there's a problem with the export.  I've got some things on the model set to zero opacity to hide them, but the DAZ export function can't seem to tell that, so the obj file still shows them.  Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

Zero Opacity (as a surface seting)? That has no bearing on OBJ export, it need to be set to Visibility Off in the Parameters to stop it from exporting - if there isn't a convenient bone you may need to use the Geometry Editor to handle this.

Zero Opacity (as a surface seting)? That has no bearing on OBJ export, it need to be set to Visibility Off in the Parameters to stop it from exporting - if there isn't a convenient bone you may need to use the Geometry Editor to handle this.

That's exactly what I was doing.  I've never messed around with Geometry Editor before, but so far it looks like it will work fairly intuitively.

• Hello Everyone,

It's my Cal! EEEEE! 

omg, he looks so good! The musculature came out great! Looks like his blade might have been a little too thin and broke, though? 

I AM SO EXCITED TO GET HIM AND PAINT HIM!

That's exactly what I was doing.  I've never messed around with Geometry Editor before, but so far it looks like it will work fairly intuitively.

Ok, it worked fairly intuitively for things there was only one copy of.  But for things with multiple copies it's applying the geometry thingy to every copy instead of just the selected copy.  Hmm.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307

Hello Everyone,

I like the material.  It looks good even if you don't paint it.  Shiney. Light reflects off it giving it highlights, unlike the miniatures I bought years ago.  I think they were made of pewter?  

GamePrint said:

Check out the page below to see the difference between each finish. 

https://daz3d.gameprint.net/help

The available finish for single color is listed as black, gold, silver, and bronze.  You include a small square showing each color.  Can we see the entire thing of each color rather than just a tiny square?  A picture of them on a table under regular lighting.

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited November 2017
    RawArt said:

I like the first one that focuses on the character, but would turn the hand so the palm is facing away from the character as if to block out the light he's fearing.

The second one has a free floating drip in mid air.  I would definitely like to see how Game Print figures that part out. laugh

Post edited by Wahil on
  • Hey,

I'm pretty sure our team can help.

When yo submit the email to miniatures just make sure you mention what you want removed from the scene.

We will make sure to print only what you need.

Let me know if that helps!

I'm trying to export a model as an obj for the beta, but there's a problem with the export.  I've got some things on the model set to zero opacity to hide them, but the DAZ export function can't seem to tell that, so the obj file still shows them.  Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

• Were always up for a new challenge!

Wahil said:
    RawArt said:

I like the first one that focuses on the character, but would turn the hand so the palm is facing away from the character as if to block out the light he's fearing.

The second one has a free floating drip in mid air.  I would definitely like to see how Game Print figures that part out. laugh

• GamePrint said:

Hey,

When yo submit the email to miniatures just make sure you mention what you want removed from the scene.

I'm trying to export a model as an obj for the beta, but there's a problem with the export.  I've got some things on the model set to zero opacity to hide them, but the DAZ export function can't seem to tell that, so the obj file still shows them.  Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

I managed to figure out a way to do it.  Not sure if the answer will be sooner here or by email, so I'll ask in both.  The Beta is one free mini and 50% off the rest for a while.  What price is that 50% off of?

• Hey thistledownsname

Yes the first free BETA miniature is free, and 2nd one is 50% off.

We still haven't finalized the pricing, but expect us to do so very soon, and make an annocument on it!

I will personally let you know

GamePrint said:

Hey,

I managed to figure out a way to do it.  Not sure if the answer will be sooner here or by email, so I'll ask in both.  The Beta is one free mini and 50% off the rest for a while.  What price is that 50% off of?

GamePrint said:

Hey thistledownsname

We still haven't finalized the pricing, but expect us to do so very soon, and make an annocument on it!

GamePrint said:

Hey,

Ahhh, good to know - I thought I'd missed that info!

• Great, let me know if you need anything else.

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:

Hey thistledownsname

GamePrint said:

Hey,

GamePrint said:

Great, let me know if you need anything else.

SimonJM said:
    GamePrint said:

Hey thistledownsname

GamePrint said:

Hey,

As the 50% off the miniature runs out in 12 days knowing what the price is would be good smiley

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

Yes... and also, if you plan on offering a painting service for the minis, how much that would be. (For those of us who are paint-artistically challenged, like me. wink)

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,781
    edited November 2017

I just bought and installed the plugin for this...but do not see as many options as it shows on your help page.....am I missing something?

No worries...I see more options on the website

Nosferatu.jpg
    1680 x 1020 - 387K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • Hello BeeMkey

We still haven't set the prices on the miniatures, but as soon as we do we will let you know. 

BeeMKay said:

Yes... and also, if you plan on offering a painting service for the minis, how much that would be. (For those of us who are paint-artistically challenged, like me. wink)

• Painting a model is a type of meditation, we enjoy doing it on the weekends, it great for mind space.

• Hello, I am curious about the minimum system requirements. My main system is not at Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite and I am wondering how rigid that needs to be. Thank you.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Wow! This will be great for D&D miniatures. I don't know how I missed this announcement back in October, but I'm very, very excited! :D