Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 7,134

FYI, the latest beta was released today, 4.11.0.380

Update to dForce 1.1.0.227

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 2,710
    L'Adair said:

My being new to this (haven't tried it out yet), how do we get it?

L'Adair said:

My being new to this (haven't tried it out yet), how do we get it?

You "buy" it like any freebie. Here's the link.

You'll need to use DIM to download and install. And you'll probably need to tell DIM in the Download Filters to show "Public Build".

L'Adair said:

You'll need to use DIM to download and install. And you'll probably need to tell DIM in the Download Filters to show "Public Build".

My DIM doesn't work ... something about 'permissions' no one has been able to help me fix. So I install everything manually. Thanks for the link :)

L'Adair said:

My DIM doesn't work ... something about 'permissions' no one has been able to help me fix. So I install everything manually. Thanks for the link :)

sad

I'm sorry to hear that.

I've watched a few tutorials trying to attempt my first dforce simulation and I seem to be missing something ... No dForce modifier option. Now what?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,414
    Leana said:

Another novice question ... will dforce drape poser-dynamic garments?

It often works well on them yes.

Often, but not always.  Some work better than others.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,174

I've watched a few tutorials trying to attempt my first dforce simulation and I seem to be missing something ... No dForce modifier option. Now what?

You may need to run Window/Workspace/Update and Merge Menus if you haven't.

Thanks ... all looking like the tutorial videos, now. Now to see if I can understand the tutorials, lol.

• Bot the new beta & 4.11 full version fail to show nVidia RTX cards as OpenCL devices.

Given nVidia has long included OpenCL support in their drivers and chairs the OpenCL Working Group, the clear implication is DAZ has yet work out how to code for anything newer than the GTX 10-series.

Highly disappointing as dForce & iRay were major reasons for upgrading from a defective GTX1080ti.  Why the abject lack of support for dF when iRay just screams on an RTX?   Does every RTX 20-series owner need to push a support ticket claiming dF is broken?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 52,886

Bot the new beta & 4.11 full version fail to show nVidia RTX cards as OpenCL devices.

Given nVidia has long included OpenCL support in their drivers and chairs the OpenCL Working Group, the clear implication is DAZ has yet work out how to code for anything newer than the GTX 10-series.

Highly disappointing as dForce & iRay were major reasons for upgrading from a defective GTX1080ti.  Why the abject lack of support for dF when iRay just screams on an RTX?   Does every RTX 20-series owner need to push a support ticket claiming dF is broken?

There have, I think, been one or two other reports of this but it is not universal - and I'm not sure how much, if any, device-specific OpenCL coding is needed anyway.

edited June 20

Since so many in this thread helped me fight with learning dforce to get this scene done, here is the end result ... featuring V4, LAMH fox, and dforce long hoodie. Thanks for all the help, guys :)

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 2,300

Very Nice!yes