Daz 3D Introduces dForce Physics Engine

1343536373840»

Comments

  • Impressive!

  • SaintSaint Posts: 42

    Does the dForce engine support rigid bodies? For example, adding a modifier to earrings?

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 68,531
    Saint said:

    Does the dForce engine support rigid bodies? For example, adding a modifier to earrings?

    No, I'm afraid not - pity as I was hoping to be able to do things like barding. You may be able to get close enough by having a flexible dForce ribbon or the like and make the hard elements rigid foillow nodes of that.

  • SaintSaint Posts: 42

    So far I've managed by just manually adjusting them, used the Joint Editor to change the pivots so I can more easily rotate thing wherever force or gravity would dictate. Would be a nice feature to see in the future though.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 34,580
    edited December 2020

    ...first off, apologies for bringing this thread back to life,

    So tonight I decided to do a little experimentation just to get a bit of hands on time with dForce to see what it all involves.  Again having old tech, I pretty much knew that sims would take a bit of time. but it is what I didn't expect to deal with afterwards that I found a bit disconcerting. 

    As a couple bundles I have include some dForce clothing items, so I decided to give it a try using a fairly simple one I have, the Mabel Dress.  I first converted it to G3 (using the RSSY G8 -> G3 clothing conversion script) so I could use it with an existing character.  Running the sim after posing the character took about four and a half minutes on a 750 Ti, which got me to thinking about how much longer more involved clothing would take as the clothing dress was fairly simple and straightforward.  

    Anyway the draping looked very good. so I decided to render the character using a simple photo shoot HDR and that is where I ran into a serious issue of poke through the liked i have not seen since working with the old clothing converters back in the Gen3/4 days. .I tried everything I could think to, adjusting smoothing, adjusting collision iterations, and using the various adjustment morphs that came with the product, but just could not get rid of it.  In the Open GL (shaded mode) viewport it looked fine, but after rendering it looked as if it was moth eaten. 

    This as a bit of a disappointment as the time for the sim to complete is one matter, but having to spend even more time performing a manual clean up afterwards is not something I expected. and would seriously impact the workflow (I spent about an hour just trying to solve the poke through issue only to get nowhere with it). Wondering if others are running into ths and if so is there something I'm not doing (or don't know of) before the sim to keep this from occurring?. 

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • that could be a displacement issue

    and that is also how I personally would solve it,

    place the cutout opacity maps for the clothing in the displacement channel and make sure there is no minimum vlaue

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 34,580
    edited December 2020

    ....Thanks, I'll givew that a try.  Other than that it looked very nice. 

    When I get the new display to replace the one that died I will be able to hook up the Titan to two monitors as the card only has one DVI port while rest are DirectConnect (which is why I only used it for rendering), so the sims should run a bit faster.  

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 34,580

    ...ah there are no opacity maps but setting the minimum displacment to 0 fixed the issue. 

     

    Leela RBG.jpg
    728 x 1200 - 142K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 34,580
    edited December 2020

    ...Thank you.

    The buttons kind of lined up odd and deformed on the first attempts but otherwise works pretty good.  Characters with petite physiques have always had this issue in the chest region when it comes to texture details.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
Sign In or Register to comment.