The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

Hey, bb3! Whatcha been working on lately? Well, aside from the Tom Baker morph (which is like pulling teeth!), I've been working on this...

Keep in mind this is still a WORK IN PROGRESS.

bloody brilliant . make sure to do the tan outfit textures too

• edited December 1969

Okay, just in time for Louise Jameson's birthday, just waiting on Rendo's approval...

LeelaV4promo.jpg
    800 x 737 - 379K
  • edited December 1969

Now up in Rendo's Freebie page.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,592
    edited December 1969

Grabbed it about an hour ago.

Hmm, first Romana, then Sarah Jane and now Leela. Something tells me that Tom Baker's tenure is your favorite era of the program. (Not that I blame you in the least. ;-) )

Sincerely,

Bill

• edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Grabbed it about an hour ago.

Hmm, first Romana, then Sarah Jane and now Leela. Something tells me that Tom Baker's tenure is your favorite era of the program. (Not that I blame you in the least. ;-) )

Sincerely,

Bill

Tom Baker rules all. How he's not been knighted yet is a crime. A crime, I tell you!

edited December 1969

please mr bluebeatle3 hows about a work in progress pic of that tom baker morph please

• edited December 1969

bluto said:
    please mr bluebeatle3 hows about a work in progress pic of that tom baker morph please

Ask and ye shall receive...

doctorwhom401.jpg
    812 x 748 - 268K
    doctorwhom402.jpg
    812 x 748 - 252K
  • 8eos88eos8 Posts: 170
    edited April 2015

Yes. As an '80s kid, growing up watching reruns on public television, this is THE Doctor for me. :D

(Though I'm also quite fond of the current grouchy Scottish one)

Post edited by 8eos8 on
    edited December 1969

bluebeatle3

that tom baker looks spot on to me . I hope it dosent take too much longer , I have a new console room that's just dying to give him a home

Render_1.jpg
    1116 x 756 - 651K
    edited December 1969

Bluto, you've actually done what I merely considered doing, but never got around to it. I see you've adapted the "Wizrad's Study" (or whatever it's called) and turned it into a console room for the TARDIS. You even hid the windows with panels of "roundels".

Crap, if I were to do it now, I could not blame people for thinking I just "copied" your idea. That will teach me not to procrastenate. (Nah, probably not, it's too ingrained a lifestyle.)

Anyway, very inventive use of that set!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited April 2015

bill . if you like pm me and I will send you the roundel panels I made to use for this reboot of the wizards study.

and yes it does make a very bonny console room

Post edited by bluto on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Bluto, you've actually done what I merely considered doing, but never got around to it. I see you've adapted the "Wizrad's Study" (or whatever it's called) and turned it into a console room for the TARDIS. You even hid the windows with panels of "roundels".

Crap, if I were to do it now, I could not blame people for thinking I just "copied" your idea. That will teach me not to procrastenate. (Nah, probably not, it's too ingrained a lifestyle.)

Anyway, very inventive use of that set!

Sincerely,

Bill

I got an ebook on procrastination but it has not helped me yet as I am procrastinating on reading it. Maybe if I read it that would help. Hmmmm?

edited December 1969

bbc post pics of brand new creature for doctor who

Doctor-Who-Monster1.jpg
    750 x 1125 - 375K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Still no reply on the Tardis interior...I'll try another email later this week.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    bbc post pics of brand new creature for doctor who

Impressive. Looks like this one could eat a Sontaran or a Judoon for breakfast.
    edited December 1969

I kinda like the steampunkey look of it

• MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Lunaseas said:
    I did this awhile ago. V4 with a Billie Piper morph.

Love it... What morph did you use and can I borrow the morph for a render I would like to do? I'll credit you for it.

edited December 1969

Pulled out a Freak 4 based Sontaran morph I had concocted and thought I'd compare it to the Freak 3 version I made years ago.

The F4 version is the one with the darker body MAT (viewer's left).

Sincerely,

Bill

Sontaran-Compare-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 77K
  • edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Pulled out a Freak 4 based Sontaran morph I had concocted and thought I'd compare it to the Freak 3 version I made years ago.

Sincerely,

Bill

Very nice, Bill. Looking damned good.

edited December 1969

I got a change to play around a bit with mr redferns f4 sontarian

the_hunt.jpg
    1116 x 756 - 364K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I never did hear back from the Tardis control maker...

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

I'm not currently planning a Dr Who render, but I would love to get a Peter Capaldi head morph for M4 or Genesis (M4 preferred) for another project I'm working on. Does anyone know of anything that might fit the bill? (Would also consider morphs that aren't close likenesses, but manage to capture the same kind of intensity in expression).

Thanks!

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387

Any vehicles that would be good for Bessie? http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Bessie

The file that you are looking is Ford_Siva_Edwardian.rar,  but it was taken down from ShareCG, as that is where I got it.

But it's closer to a Model T than a Siva. Wrong axles.

• Just last Saturday during the Comic-Con here in San Diego, I caught a glimpse of Stephen Moffat and Peter Capaldi as they were leaving the House of Blues to get in their SUV's. I wish I had a camera with me so that I could've gotten a picture.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

Just last Saturday during the Comic-Con here in San Diego, I caught a glimpse of Stephen Moffat and Peter Capaldi as they were leaving the House of Blues to get in their SUV's. I wish I had a camera with me so that I could've gotten a picture.

Bummer but lucky you could see them for a glimpse.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,691
    edited July 2015

Any vehicles that would be good for Bessie? http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Bessie

The file that you are looking is Ford_Siva_Edwardian.rar,  but it was taken down from ShareCG, as that is where I got it.

But it's closer to a Model T than a Siva. Wrong axles.

There's an Anim8or mesh of Bessie at one of the Reference sites I've listed on the Who Freebies page. I'm going to have to redo my signature line, I see, so y'all can find it more easily.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    Redfern said:

MJC, thank you very, VERY much for the Capaldi interior!

Guess I'd better download, install and learn Blender so I can actually use it or at least export the model in a format Poser can use.

Sincerely,

Bill

Are you sure you want to do that?  Arkham Asylum and Bedlam are full of screaming, gibbering madmen who thought they could just "learn Blender."

• Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Looks excellent Bill