The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

I was looking for lookalike figures when I found these hairstyles; this could be 10's http://www.daz3d.com/short/zior-hair and this could be 11's http://www.daz3d.com/short/rievel-hair-2 Is this right?

Those look pretty near to me.

Redfern, have you still got a lead on that Sontaran morph that showed up on the old fora (Freak 3, I believe)?

• KnightStalker000KnightStalker000 Posts: 58
    edited August 2014

There's actually a Sontaran morph out there!? Why hasn't anybody added it to the Regeneration list?

Pair him up with the Siluran figure, in proper attire, along with another V4 with appropriate morphs and clothing, and we could be making renders of the Doctor's recent sleuthing companions. :P

Post edited by KnightStalker000 on
  • bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

"I suggest a frontal assault to capture the morph."

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,592
    edited December 1969

You're in luck, guys! The link to my modest offering is still valid (even though I can no longer access the old domain to upload or change anything). You can grab it here...

http://www.mzzkiti.com/Freak-Sontaran-1.zip

Please note you'll need the "full" Freak 3 figure along with the Michael 3 head morphs for it to work. Please read the included instructions as they explain how much certain body parts should be scaled.

The package also contains a helmet and collar to use with the altered figure. (For my own projects, I've since abandoned the collar in this set for one closer in appearance to Lynx's and Styre's helmet ring. But since it's based upon the geometry of a spacesuit offered by Shukky, I can't share it; sorry.)

Feel free to add the link to the "regeneration list" if you want.

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Bill

• lwaveslwaves Posts: 237
    edited December 1969

I was looking for lookalike figures when I found these hairstyles; this could be 10's http://www.daz3d.com/short/zior-hair and this could be 11's http://www.daz3d.com/short/rievel-hair-2 Is this right?

For Eleven try Hr-094 by Ali.
    IMO it's pretty much spot on for that Doctor.

Hr-094

edited December 1969

A lil' something "vaguely" related to Saturday's episode "Into the Dalek", though the visual harkens more to 2005's "Dalek" featuring Christopher Eccleston. I probably presented an older version of this composition, but I've updated it.

The opened travel machine casing is the work of "Who's Who", a member of "Project Dalek", a site devoted the craft of Dalek prop building.

The Kaled mutant is a "mish mash" of various props and figures, including the DAZ Brain, the Ralphing offered with Poser and several copies of Little Dragon's free "Bushy Tail 2" with the "no fur" dial employed to simulate tentacles. It's putrid "skin" is something I concocted within Poser's Material Room. (A darker version of this surface I saved and labeled as "burnt bacon".)

The interior of the travel machine "as offered" is a tad sparse, so I "greeblied" the "cockpit" with various Coflek Gnorg and StoneMason items.

Sincerely,

Bill

Kaled-Casing-J-3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 173K
  • nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

has anybody made the dalek atttack craft from the day of the doctor?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951
    edited December 1969

I got to see the first episode of Doctor Who with Peter. I have the Into Dalek episode to watch still. Loving what I have seen already.

edited December 1969

This does not tie into tonight's episode.

I merely got experimental and "kit bashed" a future console combining the Eccleston/Tennant console (that Arjen offers at ShareCG) stripped of its scrapyard greeblies and filled in the blank stations with my Baker/Davison console controls. And rather than a "physical" time rotor, I positioned 3 nested tubes to create a "holographic" version.

The Doctor is a random future regeneration wearing the shirt and pants from PoserWorld TimeLord set with the coat and short cape from the CIS Agent ensemble from the DAZ Plat Club. The face (too small to readily see is a custom face pose I call "Hammer Horror Film Hero". There's no real story behind him. I just kinda' slapped him together and placed him in the shot for visual interest.

Consider this the rendering equivalent of "doodling".

Sincerely,

Bill

Future-Console-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 159K
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

I love it! :)

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

i really like you kitbashed console room bill , looks good

edited December 1969

Here's PoserWorld's "Bobbie" uniform fitted upon a curmudgeon morphed Michael 4 standing duty in front of his "office away from the station", a Mark II Metropolitan Police Public Call Box as modeled by Boardman (and converted to Poser by me).

I thought I had downloaded Skipper25's "Coronation Street" model, but I guess I had not, and now, of course, it's no longer available. So I loaded some of the "Le Village" buildings and accessories. While meant to a quaint lil' French village street, I thought I could "cheat" a little and have it stand in for a lazy lil' English district during the mid 20th century.

The pedestrians are Loretta and Lorenzo Lo-Res.

Sincerely,

Bill

Bobbie-J-1.jpg
    800 x 650 - 97K
    edited December 1969

I want a feminine version of Matt's hairdo for myself and genesis 2 female.

edited December 1969

I want a feminine version of Matt's hairdo for myself and genesis 2 female.

I got a hair cut but I think it looks more like David's than Matt's.

edited December 1969

Since the finale featured Cybermen, I thought I'd slap together a simple composition depicting one. Of course, I went "old school", paying homage to "The Invasion" which presented viewers with a radically new design (for the time), Cybermen with "ear-muffs". One of the keenly remembered sequences had Cybermen emerging from the London sewer system, dislodging manhole covers and climbing from the access tubes leading to the drainage system.

I was rather surprised no (decent) free manhole covers could be found, so I veered from screen accuracy by using Coflik-Gnorg's "Vent Room" set which I already had in my runtime. The figure is Dodger's "Invasion" styled Cybie with some personal modifications.

Sincerely,

Bill

Cyberman-Sewer-J-1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 116K
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

So, there's an Amy Pond morph at ShareCG (in the links)..I haven't gotten and tried it yet, but I know it doesn't come with a skin. Has anyone tried it, and what skin(s) seem to work for her?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    A lil' something "vaguely" related to Saturday's episode "Into the Dalek", though the visual harkens more to 2005's "Dalek" featuring Christopher Eccleston. I probably presented an older version of this composition, but I've updated it.

The opened travel machine casing is the work of "Who's Who", a member of "Project Dalek", a site devoted the craft of Dalek prop building.

The Kaled mutant is a "mish mash" of various props and figures, including the DAZ Brain, the Ralphing offered with Poser and several copies of Little Dragon's free "Bushy Tail 2" with the "no fur" dial employed to simulate tentacles. It's putrid "skin" is something I concocted within Poser's Material Room. (A darker version of this surface I saved and labeled as "burnt bacon".)

The interior of the travel machine "as offered" is a tad sparse, so I "greeblied" the "cockpit" with various Coflek Gnorg and StoneMason items.

Sincerely,

Bill

Looks like the monster from one of my fave b-monster films as a kid, The Crawling Eye!

edited December 1969

I had a dream I was a time lady and a dalek was keeping me from my tardis and I did not have my screwdriver with me.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,191
    edited November 2014

This is not the post you we are looking for ...... Move along .... move along.

Post edited by shadowhawk1 on
    edited December 1969

Oh what does that have to do with the doctor?

edited December 1969

uuummmmmm .... posted to the wrong thread?

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

hey shadow hawk hows those dr who morphs coming along?

edited December 1969

bluto said:
    hey shadow hawk hows those dr who morphs coming along?

Sorry about that Bluto ... I think I accidentally deleted your email after you sent it to me. could you email me one more time and I can get them for you? I will have to look for them on my external as my computers harddrive that I normally kept them in crashed causing me to lose everything.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Hi Shadowhawk, just sent you a PM about the morphs :)

edited December 1969

Saw my real doctors and now want to watch some of Peter's Doctor. Big grin.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tee hee in the christmas special, when he tries to show them how to jump in the hammocks, but he misses, iz so adorable. forgetting what he said already, but trust me, was adorable!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

"This hammock has developed a fault!" :lol:

• drucdruc Posts: 385
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Got it!

That's a beaut'!

I've been "toying" with CastIronFlamingo's series 17 Baker console room. Using UV Mapper Pro some of the extra tools in PP2012, I've broken down the room into parts and rebuilt them into a prop with opening doors and sliding shutters (to reveal the actual view monitor). Those parts have "limits" so the doors won't swing open too wide or swing in the wrong direction.

I might try to contact CastIronFlamingo to see if he wants to offer this "semi" rigged version.

Sincerely,

Bill

Hi Bill, Did you ever contact CastIronFlamingo? I have used the setup room in PP2012 after regrouping the model and added bones to open the main doors and interior door and a morph created in Hexagon to open the viewer screen. I made the interior back of the wall behind the interior door transparent so a passage could be added.

regards,

Druc

000.jpg
    1900 x 1000 - 544K
  • drucdruc Posts: 385
    edited December 1969

Another picture.

001.jpg
    1900 x 1000 - 597K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2015

"This hammock has developed a fault!" :lol: