The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

the lack of noise being made by this thread id due to the last great tmewar

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951
    edited December 1969

watched an episode of that then now I am watching the toon version of number ten. Looks like 3d work with either toon rendering or toon postwork. It looks like it was fun to make, I hope. though it is a tad on the stiff side. Wonder if I could do better.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

My first Doctor Who render, with the 10th Doctor...

Doctor_Who.png
    726 x 939 - 941K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Could you pull the camera back a bit so we can see whether the TARDIS is surrounded by a rampaging horde of fluffy bunnies or MLPs...? :smirk:

edited December 1969

Don't tell anyone - but I'm still working on the background and debating where the Tardis has landed. ;)

edited December 1969

Looks like the Doctor may have stumbled across some Cybermen...

10th_Doctor_-_Cybermen.png
    726 x 939 - 971K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Could you pull the camera back a bit so we can see whether the TARDIS is surrounded by a rampaging horde of fluffy bunnies or MLPs...? :smirk:
    [music]Bunnies! It must be bunnies! Or maybe midgets.[/music]
  • edited December 1969

a little something im working on

thedoctorwhopromos_copy.jpg
    1299 x 1326 - 949K
  • edited December 1969

i did this a few years ago for my nephew

Tennantdoctor.jpg
    2000 x 1680 - 371K
  • MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

A Time Lord and Companion Amalgam....

Sarah12.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 524K
    FinalSarahDoctorPW.jpg
    1215 x 2000 - 432K
  • MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Another Amalgam...

DrSarah3rd.jpg
    1222 x 2000 - 161K
    edited December 1969

I got black tshirt with a blue police box on it. I got it yesterday and thought it was cool.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,592
    edited December 1969

I found an old Poser scene file (.PZ3) dating from 2004 (10 years) and thought I'd redo it using the newer software, materials and skills I've obtained since them.

I haven't improved much, have I? ;-)

Sincerely,

Bill

Doctor-Mia-5.jpg
    750 x 750 - 110K
    Doctor-n-Kth-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 129K
    edited December 1969

When does the New Who episodes start?

• blutobluto Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

i think its some time in august

edited December 1969

August 23rd, 2014, the same day for the genuine BBC in the UK and the BBC America, though not simu-cast as was the 50th anniversary special "The Day of the Doctor". However the opening episode will be played in selected movie theaters on the same day.

Sincerely,

Bill

• edited December 1969

Can anyone recommend a few hairs for a clara and amy figure

thank you

edited December 1969

Less than a week to go! Who else is looking forward to the start of Season 8?

edited December 1969

Definitely. Just saw "Time Of The Doctor" again on BBC3 the other day, and it whetted my appetite nicely.

edited December 1969

Oh, yes. Saw that one too. It's clever that they re-showed the last of season 7 just before the first ep of season 8. Not all shows (or stations) will do that. Been following the wold tour news online as well - but trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    messing around with some sonic screwdrivers

Seeing all those sonic screwdrivers reminds me of how when I was a kid I used to pretend my dad's ratchet driver was a sonic screwdriver. I used to stick this little plastic cone (which was the lid of some bottle of some sort) on the end to make it look more authentic.

edited December 1969

I used to stick this little plastic cone (which was the lid of some bottle of some sort) on the end to make it look more authentic.

Did it wobble and fall off in a genuinely authentic way, as well? %-P
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I used to stick this little plastic cone (which was the lid of some bottle of some sort) on the end to make it look more authentic.

Did it wobble and fall off in a genuinely authentic way, as well? %-P

It was definitely wibbley wobbley.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Malcolm Tucker as the new Doctor? Hell yeah! Peter could be the best one for a while... and should hopefully herald a turn towards storylines with substance instead of the overly lightweight trivial nonsense they've been churning out, as he won't take crap writing from Moffat & Gatiss.

The same guys write Sherlock, and they did the same with Series 3... spent too long on idiosyncrasies and trivialities and forgot to actually include any meat to the storyline.

The problem is that so many around them are sycophantic just to be part of the franchise and so they never get the reality-check they so dearly need.

edited December 1969

I want to see the new episode in the movie theaters but it is on a Monday night and at theaters too far away for me to get to. Actually the closest movie theater I cannot watch a night movie as my bus home does not run that late. 4pm movie is the cheapest and latest I can go to. 4 pm to five thirty pm is the cheapest time slot at that movie theater.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Some people in Cardiff actually got so see a sneak peek, and the Daleks got red carpet treatment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-28678387

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Some people in Cardiff actually got so see a sneak peek, and the Daleks got red carpet treatment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-28678387

Lucky deleks

edited December 1969

Capaldi definitely looks better with the coat unbuttoned. With just the top fastened, it produces the illusion he's thrusting out his hips even if he is not.

Anyway, it's great to finally see a bit of activity in this thread. It had become as motionless as a Cyberman sealed within its "tomb".

I was toying with Arjin's Eccleston/Tennant console the other week, stripping away all the "junk-punk" greeblies. I wanted to see how it might look "pristine". Don't worry, I worked upon a copy of the base .OBJ file, making sure I didn't corrupt the original. I will admit it looks...intriguing. Sorry, no renders yet, neither finished nor works in progress.

Sincerely,

Bill

• adriantullbergadriantullberg Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

I was looking for lookalike figures when I found these hairstyles; this could be 10's http://www.daz3d.com/short/zior-hair and this could be 11's http://www.daz3d.com/short/rievel-hair-2 Is this right?