Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• dracorn said:

Wow, what a great render, Gigi_FenixPhoenix !  Wonderful morph mixture and great surrealistic lighting.  

Thank you very much, @dracorn! I've added the links to my gallery, where I also listed everything I used for that image. The light was achieved with an HDR from iradiance expansion 3. Then I punched the light with two Rim Light Rigs for Iray. I added to of those and position them on either side of the character. 

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2018
    dracorn said:

Wow, what a great render, Gigi_FenixPhoenix !  Wonderful morph mixture and great surrealistic lighting.  

I concur! :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    mats76 said:

After using the script on all g3 characters I noticed that newer version of the script make the hands weird after make a hand fist/ hand grasp pose for example. So I tried an older version of the script but then there is issue with the over arms instead, Victoria 7 get very weird ower arms and other base characters get other weirdnesses.

These issues just affect the base characters (Victoria 7, Bethany 7, Michael 7 and so on).

Is this the nature of the script at its current state or is it me that have messed up somethin?

Newer version of the script: 0d8dc1344a37c38e7ae2a7936990a6

Older version of the script: 7a13c9b7adbcd8dc09072850ca47a4

I just managed to fix this one. I had this exact problem when I transferred Brute 8 to G3. 

Mine got fixed after I selected the figure then went to edit > figure > rigging > adjust rigging to shape. 

Here’s said character (fixed) built with a mix of Nosferatu for G3 (100%) + Transferred the Brute 8 (80%) + The Fallen One for G3 (15%):

Gallery Links to "Wizard KingFull Version | Cropped Close Up

Thank you so very much smiley, that worked like a charm.

I still hope there is a way to fix the actual morph issue (FBM morph) so all the base 7 figures can be used creating gen 8 characters without having to do the adjust rigging to shape afterwards. 

Love that render by the way, absolutely stunning.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

I still hope there is a way to fix the actual morph issue (FBM morph) so all the base 7 figures can be used creating gen 8 characters without having to do the adjust rigging to shape afterwards. 

A script would just automate the Adjust Rigging to Shape step, it will still be required, if you didn't do this you would get much more distortions on a posed figure.

Noah LGP? When I am doing the step of 

• OBJ1 -> Fit to G3M figure

It is prompting an Autofit Dialog. Should I pick the Genesis 8 figure as the original figure the item was made for and select full body for the type of item?

PhilW said:
    mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

A script would just automate the Adjust Rigging to Shape step, it will still be required, if you didn't do this you would get much more distortions on a posed figure.

Is it possible to adjust Rigging to shape to the character and save that as a working morph somehow? I tried to export the character as an .obj after adjust Rigging to shape (which fixed the issue) but when reimporting as an morph it messes the hands up in new ways. 

mats76 said:
    PhilW said:
    mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

Is it possible to adjust Rigging to shape to the character and save that as a working morph somehow? I tried to export the character as an .obj after adjust Rigging to shape (which fixed the issue) but when reimporting as an morph it messes the hands up in new ways. 

When reimported and brought back in, you should do the step of adjust rigging to shape again. then ERC Freeze.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

I tried RedZ's tutorial, the shape gets tranferred correctly, but the nails gets smashed in... Also the bones seems to be a bit off of place...
    I followed the tutorial step by step... What could be wrong?

RKane_1 said:
    mats76 said:
    PhilW said:
    mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

When reimported and brought back in, you should do the step of adjust rigging to shape again. then ERC Freeze.

Thanks, will the ERC Freeze save as a new morph or save over the used morphs?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

After the ERC Freeze you need to Save As / Support Asset / Morph Asset and save it in a sub-folder of the morphs for the figure that you are using. It will then be available as a morph whenever you load that figure just like any other morph dial.

No, ERC Freeze ensures that all the dials that are turned and all the adjustments to the rig that were just made are "frozen" or linked to the current setting on the dial you are freezing. That way when you turn the dial on it next time , any other dials that you have turned and any adjustments you've made go into effect for that one dial.

To save a morph, you have to go to File->Save as...->Save Support Asset->Save Morph Asset. If you don't do that step, all your work will be lost. If you do the step, then your morph will show up with ERC and all your adjustments in place. :) 

PhilW said:

After the ERC Freeze you need to Save As / Support Asset / Morph Asset and save it in a sub-folder of the morphs for the figure that you are using. It will then be available as a morph whenever you load that figure just like any other morph dial.

Yeah! What Phil said. :)

For more basics on making morphs, check out the tutorial I wrote...tions

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis series Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.10 by RKane_1

Hope that helps. :)

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    RKane_1 said:

Noah LGP? When I am doing the step of 

• OBJ1 -> Fit to G3M figure

It is prompting an Autofit Dialog. Should I pick the Genesis 8 figure as the original figure the item was made for and select full body for the type of item?

Yes, it's like a "bodysuit".

• Because I see there's been some questions and concern about whats been going on, I'm going to start with that. 

I'm homeless. Have been for the last 5-ish months, but I wasn't really in a bad way for most of it. But that's most of the answer to that. But not why I'm posting.

Why I'm posting is that, because reasons, I haven't got much I can be doing for a few days, and I at least know how to get fairly safe internet access again, and I did mention, not long ago, that I was ready to continue the final alpha testing of the script. All of that is true. Barring catastrophe, the script will be released to final alpha for anyone who agrees to beta test it. The first beta will probably be for the introduction of Genesis 2 support. Exactly what I'm seeking to test in the final alpha, I'll tell beta volunteers privately.

I make no promises about what I'll do with script in the end. Building out support for Genesis and Genesis 2 is going to be tricky, me thinks, and I've not even touched the UI design. Basically, I'm putting this out there because I've nothing else to do with my time until get word back from the state, and I did promise I'd have something "in a few days." Well, it's been a few for certain values of few.

If you want to volunteer for the beta test (or just want to pretend to to gt a copy of the most recent script package) PM me, so I can add you to distribution list. I know I'm not leaving a lot of time, but I expect I'll be making the final alpha available to beta testers tomorrow. Some of you might find you're on the list without effort. That's because I was able to find where you'd requested to be there. But, if you are reading this and it is not passed the 26th of September 2018, don't assume you're on the list because you know you already asked. I've lost access to data and files and notes, and I'm sure I haven't fully reconstructed the list.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems! crying

I won't ask to be beta tester (nor pretend it for just lay hands on the script) since I'm really busy lately, so I couldn't be helpful for that!

I'll wait for the final version on the store, it will be an istabuy for me, especially if you manage to add support to tricky Genesis1! wink

I wish things will be way better soon! Hold on! heart

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

Hope things get better for you soon. Thanks for posting, take care.

• I wouild be interested in doing some Beta Testing.  I have beta tested for content artists on another site and have beta tested games and hardware in the past (including signing NDA's) so I understand the process.  Jujst let me know if you need me to do some testing. 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Take care of yourself, Singular Blues, first and foremost.  

• Take care of yourself first Singular Blues.  That’s the only important thing

• Sorry you are going through tough times, Singular Blues.  I hope things will get better soon.

• Take care of yourself and get this in the shop ASAP

• Wishing you all the best, and that things get better quickly!

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,022
    edited September 2018
    Take care, Singular Blues, I hope the best for you. I am also available for testing and can help you with the ui design if you need. I honestly think you can already sell the G3 to G8 and viceversa script. I have been using it with great success and it's the only reason why I have purchased G8 morphs and characters. You could always launch the G2 and Genesis support as add-ons later on.
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, Singular Blues. I also would like to volunteer as a tester, but more than anything I would encourage you to sell your product even if it's not as perfect as you envisioned it. Add-ons can wait and what you have already done is more than useful enough for the community to pay you back.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited September 2018
    Uthgard said:

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, Singular Blues. I also would like to volunteer as a tester, but more than anything I would encourage you to sell your product even if it's not as perfect as you envisioned it. Add-ons can wait and what you have already done is more than useful enough for the community to pay you back.

Or set up a Kickstarter with a very low threshold so people can fund it's development. I would gladly chip in to pay for the develoment and the use I have had out of the script so far.

Post edited by Haruchai on
    Haruchai said:
    Uthgard said:

I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, Singular Blues. I also would like to volunteer as a tester, but more than anything I would encourage you to sell your product even if it's not as perfect as you envisioned it. Add-ons can wait and what you have already done is more than useful enough for the community to pay you back.

Or set up a Kickstarer with a very low threshold so people can fund it's development. I would gladly chip in to pay for the develoment and the use I have had out of the script so far.

This is a nice idea! I'll surely and very gladly contribute to that! yes

• I would as well. I have gotten plenty of use from the script so far and would have gladly paid for it
    Haruchai said:
    Uthgard said:

Or set up a Kickstarer with a very low threshold so people can fund it's development. I would gladly chip in to pay for the develoment and the use I have had out of the script so far.

/100% Agreed. I would gladly pay money for such a script.
  • Also agreed. Good thinking, Haruchai.