Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• Is this still going on? Where can I find the script? I wanna transfer my previous G3M & G3F characters to G8.
    Thanks in advance.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited October 2018

Is this still going on? Where can I find the script? I wanna transfer my previous G3M & G3F characters to G8.
    Thanks in advance.

Crosspost with Singular Blues. Best you get info from the source so edited this out :)

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • I'm still working on it. I'm also still homeless. So, I wouldn't make any short term plans around the script's release.

If you are wonderingabout my previous , free, script, that was never able to support the male figures. I came close, but then found a betterway to do it, and stopped working on that. I considered releasing that, but have since decided not to.

If you're wondering about someone else's efforts, I can't answer that. There are messages in this thread I've missed or failed to understand, so it's better I don't try to speak for anyone.

• Redz said:

Load G3M and G8M (or G3F and G8F) into your scene. 

In the surfaces pane, make sure both figures have the same UV set, eg. base male.

Favourite the morphs you wish to transfer by clicking on the heart icon in parameters. It works for head and body and individual morphs but not character control sliders. 

Open the transfer utility and choose your source and target figures.

In show options,  select UV space and uncheck *everything* else except Morph targets, from source - favourites. 

Click accept and your morphs should transfer over.

You’ll still need to set limits on your new sliders, adjust rigging to shape and save the morph assets, and the lashes can get messed up from G8M to G3M but the other way round works pretty well. 

I tried this method today, except for the last step, I don't know how to do that.

I got some great result, however, the arms didn't work, my G8M arms look thinner than the original G3M, maybe I'm missing something? Everything else, the legs, face and body morphs were transfered like I expected. Please help, I'd really appreciate it.

• I'm still working on it. I'm also still homeless. So, I wouldn't make any short term plans around the script's release.

If you are wonderingabout my previous , free, script, that was never able to support the male figures. I came close, but then found a betterway to do it, and stopped working on that. I considered releasing that, but have since decided not to.

If you're wondering about someone else's efforts, I can't answer that. There are messages in this thread I've missed or failed to understand, so it's better I don't try to speak for anyone.

Oh, I see. I'm new to this thread so I don't know much about what's been going on. I wish you goodluck regardless.

• That last step is not a last step. It's several different things. 

Redz is using general terms (jargon, if you will) covering several concepts involved in content creation. Because that's basically what transfering morphs is. Content creation, minus the art. Much of that is covered here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/modeling/tutorials/pbms/start

That's out of date, so the pictures don't reflect what Studio looks like, now, but it should be enough to get the basics across. Hopefully, someone will be able to answer any questions you have, if you choose to move forward.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

I rethought about your situation at the moment, Singular Blues... Maybe it's the dumbest thing ever... But, since you got PayPal and it works fine (I guess), can't you open a page on ShareCG and use its Donation system to get some coin?
    You could also use PayPal card for the everyday use, it isn't too expensive get it and no fees, no banks involved but works like a normal credit card. Perhaps this could help you solve some little issue.

• Any updates? I thought I had emailed to be on the list of testers and I haven't received any updates about the script except for the one error that someone found in the first couple of weeks of testing. I do have the script to test by the way.

Thanks,

David

• As a rule,you probably won't see anything from anyone else. I'm using BCC because I didn't ask yall to sign up and share your contact info with each other.Just me. Some of you may not like each other, for all I know.

Seriously, I't just impolite to share emails san permission. So, I make a habit to not do that. That said, you weren't on the list. I thought you were, but (for whatever reason) I've ntoiced some gmail accounts can't be added to the new contacts app from gmail with one click. Yours turns out to beone such. I don't know if it's my settings or some bug, but when I confirmed you weren't on the list, I tried to add you again, and saw that it wasn't working. Nothing seems to stop me entering the information manually, so you are now on the list.

I released a new test build yesterday (the link to the test build hasn't changed, so you can get it at the same place you go the one you have). Several issues were found, and I tried to fix them. I misunderstood the shape of the problem, though, because they were like issues that should have been fixed. What was really happening was an error type that DazScript doesn't report, flag, or fail on. It was returning , so the script happily plowed on, despit not actually doing the thing it was expected to do. That should be fixed, now. One hopes. I put it out to the list, so if anyone else hasn't heard/seen and think you oought to be getting this stuff, let me know BY PM or EMAIL. That way I get many forms of notification, and I know I won't miss it. If you just comment here, it could be a while before I see it.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited October 2018

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Singular BluesSingular Blues Posts: 737
    edited December 2018

I figure I should probably say something, since it’s been a while since I’ve said anything at all, publicly.

First, I’d like to thank my alpha testers for all of their effort. It’s definitely paid off.

Second, the script is basically complete, at this time. There are nagging issues with transfer accuracy around he pupils, which I haven’t tracked down. It seems, however, that all of the basic technical issues with making the script work have been solved.

That said, the product is not ready. I’ve only just started the design of the User Interface. I’m incorporating feedback from testers now. I’ve also just started collecting and formatting the data necessary to explain G1/G2 to the script, as well as the data necessary to allow the script to transfer from those figures to G3/8. I’m not sure how long this will take, as my personal problems haven’t particularly improved. I have been taking steps to deal with those, but the steps are part of the reason I can’t give an ETA. My hope is to complete the product and testing before the end of December.

Despite my earlier confidence, examination of V4 leads me to believe I’d have to write a completely different script to do that job. While I could integrate that into the current script in a way, I doubt the script would be finished before Daz releases its next figure if I did. As such, I’m not gonna. I did want to, but I’ve decided that my efforts are better spent looking forward rather than trying to duplicate all the functions of Generation X. I suppose one could argue that adding support back to Genesis is the opposite of that, but the logic of the script will support any figure based on Daz’s Genesis structure. It’s just a matter of telling the script how to handle the differences between Genesises.

Post edited by Singular Blues on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thanks for the update Singular Blues.

• Please let me know if you need any layout or graphics work to get the product ready. More than happy to lend a hand to get this utility out so I can buy it! <3 

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

I’ve also just started collecting and formatting the data necessary to explain G1/G2 to the script, as well as the data necessary to allow the script to transfer from those figures to G3/8.

This sounds very nice to me!

I hope you problems will be solved soon! wink

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    gitika1 said:

Thanks for the update Singular Blues.

Agreed, thanks so much!

• Will it be backwards compatible (G8 to G3) for those of us who stuck with Genesis 3?

• Will it be backwards compatible (G8 to G3) for those of us who stuck with Genesis 3?

Yes. The script will transfer between any combination of Genesis figures. It will require you to have installed those figures, as it takes the basics it needs to understand the figure shape from the figures themselves. But, unlike my old, crappy, brute force, first effort, this script has always had the potential to transfer in any direction. If you really, really, want to take a morph from G8M and put it on G2F, the script will do it.

Hanabi said:

Please let me know if you need any layout or graphics work to get the product ready. More than happy to lend a hand to get this utility out so I can buy it! <3 

I might need help with promos, since rendering would be a mite difficult under present circumstances. I do want to make the UI very pretty, but I've opted to focus on making it easy to use, instead. Pretty is a good way to set a goal post I can never reach. Given my inclination to perfectionism, I probably need to focus on more concrete goals.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I too am looking forward to buying this product @SingularBlues, I do hope you can work out all the bugs and get it into the store soon as you obviously have a huge buyer market for it which will definitely help your current personal situation out.   Lots of us ready to support your hard work! 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Wishing you luck and looking forward to the script. Hope your situation improves too!

• unLight865unLight865 Posts: 95
    edited December 2018

@ Singular Blues:

Good Luck (both with the release and your situation). smiley

Am looking forward to the release smiley.

(Also hope there'll be an IL, should I ever get to that...)

Post edited by unLight865 on

Yes. The script will transfer between any combination of Genesis figures. It will require you to have installed those figures, as it takes the basics it needs to understand the figure shape from the figures themselves. But, unlike my old, crappy, brute force, first effort, this script has always had the potential to transfer in any direction. If you really, really, want to take a morph from G8M and put it on G2F, the script will do it.

Wow, that sounds great! Really looking forward to it!

• Can't wait till we can try out this script. From the comments it sounds like it will work on make figures too, Is that true?
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited December 2018

If you mean male figures, yes it does!

I am so glad @Singular Blues is creating such a script.

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • I'm beginning to doubt I'll make my goal of finishing before the end of December. Not sure if that's just me feeling down.

As of (just) now, I've added support for Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, and Genesis 2 Male. It seems to be working. I've not yet tackled anything else on the todo list (finalizing the UI, head and body shapes for the supported figures, expression and pose control support, any of the code intended to deal with the shoulder squish issue related to shapes with baked-in scale). I plan to start on the Head and Body shapes, next.

I'll be releasing the next test version to the testers, some time today. For everyone else, just letting you know that progress is being made.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Progress is good news. You are tackling quite a bit by adding G1 and G2. Good luck in your efforts and thank you for working on it!
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Wow, Genesis to Genesis 8? I've a few I'd like to try there.

• I wanted to do Generation 4 to Genesis 8, but (while it's probably doable) I'd need to design a whole new work flow tohandle the different file structure. I might be able to do that,but Genesis 9 would probably be out for a yeaar before I got all the bugs worked out. So, I'm limiting myself to Genesises. Apologies to anyone who recalls Ihad said I thought I could do V4. I'm leaving that to GenX2.

On the upside, if one really wants to move morphs to and from V4, having GenX2 and this script will allow that, with a bit of an extra step in there.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

As long g3 to g8 is working I am fine. This is all I need wink

• Yeah, I didn't expect a lot of people to be super interested in transfers to G1/2,but it's not that much extra work to add. Or at least it didn't seem like that much until I had to do it.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

Looking forward to the launch of this script! I hope 2019 is more kind to you towards your housing situation!