Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,905
    Redz said:

Load G3M and G8M (or G3F and G8F) into your scene. 

In the surfaces pane, make sure both figures have the same UV set, eg. base male.

Favourite the morphs you wish to transfer by clicking on the heart icon in parameters. It works for head and body and individual morphs but not character control sliders. 

Open the transfer utility and choose your source and target figures.

In show options,  select UV space and uncheck *everything* else except Morph targets, from source - favourites. 

Click accept and your morphs should transfer over.

You’ll still need to set limits on your new sliders, adjust rigging to shape and save the morph assets, and the lashes can get messed up from G8M to G3M but the other way round works pretty well. 

The lashes problem can't be fixed with X-Morph plugin?

• Redz said:

In the surfaces pane, make sure both figures have the same UV set, eg. base male.

Favourite the morphs you wish to transfer by clicking on the heart icon in parameters. It works for head and body and individual morphs but not character control sliders. 

In show options,  select UV space and uncheck *everything* else except Morph targets, from source - favourites. 

You’ll still need to set limits on your new sliders, adjust rigging to shape and save the morph assets, and the lashes can get messed up from G8M to G3M but the other way round works pretty well. 

Thanks for this @Redz! May I ask, how you separate head from body morphs and create separate sliders? Your help is deeply appreciated! laugh

Um. Is this technique immune to the eye distortion problem?

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    avmorgan said:
    Redz said:

Thanks for this @Redz! May I ask, how you separate head from body morphs and create separate sliders? Your help is deeply appreciated! laugh

Um. Is this technique immune to the eye distortion problem?

Probably not. I haven’t tested the method extensively as I don’t want to overwrite transfers I made using Singular Blue’s script. But for less extreme morphs it works reasonably well. A fully developed script would still be the ideal solution. 

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    Imago said:
    Redz said:

What do you mean when you say that it works for head and body, but not character control sliders? 

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    edited September 2018

After using the script on all g3 characters I noticed that newer version of the script make the hands weird after make a hand fist/ hand grasp pose for example. So I tried an older version of the script but then there is issue with the over arms instead, Victoria 7 get very weird ower arms and other base characters get other weirdnesses.

These issues just affect the base characters (Victoria 7, Bethany 7, Michael 7 and so on).

Is this the nature of the script at its current state or is it me that have messed up somethin?

Newer version of the script: 0d8dc1344a37c38e7ae2a7936990a6

Older version of the script: 7a13c9b7adbcd8dc09072850ca47a4

Victoria 7 new script.png
    841 x 851 - 300K
    Victoria 7 old script.png
    851 x 847 - 354K
    Post edited by mats76 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    sapat said:
    Imago said:
    Redz said:

What do you mean when you say that it works for head and body, but not character control sliders? 

eg, for Girl 7 there is a Girl 7 Head Slider, a Girl 7 Body Slider, and a Girl 7 Slider that links the head & body slider together. That Girl 7 'combined' slider breaks.

And if you use the freebie scripts from Singular Blues to try & transfer them they will transfer to G8F but then will be broken in G3F so it's probably more advisable to do your morph transfers manually. You can fix by manually deleting the morph transfered files out of the G8F heirarchy, then delete via DIM or CM the Girl 7 install, exit DS & then reinstalling Girl 7, start DS.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited September 2018

The controller is easy to create, you can also set the scale of the figure.

Create Single Dial Morph Control In Daz Studio 4.9

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    Noah LGP said:

Thanks. If you use the Singular Blues scripts the Girl 7 or similar characters will still get broken but that's great info for manual morph transfers.

sapat said:
    Imago said:
    Redz said:

eg, for Girl 7 there is a Girl 7 Head Slider, a Girl 7 Body Slider, and a Girl 7 Slider that links the head & body slider together. That Girl 7 'combined' slider breaks.

And if you use the freebie scripts from Singular Blues to try & transfer them they will transfer to G8F but then will be broken in G3F so it's probably more advisable to do your morph transfers manually. You can fix by manually deleting the morph transfered files out of the G8F heirarchy, then delete via DIM or CM the Girl 7 install, exit DS & then reinstalling Girl 7, start DS.

Oh, ok, I get it. Thx so much!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    sapat said:
    Imago said:
    Redz said:

That's odd I didn't have the issue of the morphs being broken in Genesis3 after transferring to Genesis 8 ......

Noah LGP said:

Bookmarked that, thx!

edited September 2018
    Noah LGP said:

Thanks. If you use the Singular Blues scripts the Girl 7 or similar characters will still get broken but that's great info for manual morph transfers.

I imagine there is an ID to change somewhere in order to avoid to overwrite the original morph.

Just export the OBJ and create a new clean morph.

carrie58 said:
    sapat said:
    Imago said:
    Redz said:

That's odd I didn't have the issue of the morphs being broken in Genesis3 after transferring to Genesis 8 ......

It doesn't happen for all of the G3 to G8 characters, eg it doesn't happen for any of the 3DU products, but it did happen for every character I tried that was part of a G3 Pro Bundle although I didn't try them all.

• I just used the Transfer Utility to convert a character from G3M to G8M.  Everything came out perfectly, but the thumb.  I tried looking around for a fix for this, but found nothing.  I tried using RedZ's tutorial, but I can never get it to work right.  Is there anyway to fix the thumb issue, or am I going to have to forget transfering G3M to G8M for now?

G3 to G8 number 1.jpg
    1540 x 738 - 121K
    G3 to G8 number 2.jpg
    1540 x 738 - 65K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I am having a lot of luck with A-Sennov's process but toes trend to mess up if you are trying something tricky like hooved feet or monkey feet. Eyes will occasionally have an issue with the eyemoisture warping if the eye changes too much

edited September 2018
    RKane_1 said:

I am having a lot of luck with A-Sennov's process but toes trend to mess up if you are trying something tricky like hooved feet or monkey feet. Eyes will occasionally have an issue with the eyemoisture warping if the eye changes too much

In fact, all the head morphs get the eyes broken, the Sclera surface (red) pass through the Eye Moisture surface (blue).

Noah LGP said:
    RKane_1 said:

In fact, all the head morphs get the eyes broken, the Sclera surface (red) pass through the Eye Moisture surface (blue).

Only if it mioves the eye, it seems. Also, I have a few that move the eye but have been using my ZBrush to counter it when it occurs.

edited September 2018

I think to use Auto-fit and the G3M clone as base OBJ avoid to get issues with the fingers.

Noah LGP said:

I think to use Auto-fit and the G3M clone as base OBJ avoid to get issues with the fingers.

Which model for transfer was that? I am so sorry. I keep losing track. *chuckle*

edited September 2018

Requirement: SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3

I use that method :

• [Genesis 8] 
      • Load Genesis 8 Male Dev Load
      • Checked "Show Hidden Properties" (right clic Parameters tab)
      • G8M figure -> General -> Mesh Resolution, Resolution Level: Base
      • G8M figure -> Hidden -> Clones, Genesis 3 Male: 100%
      • Export OBJ1 (G8M pose)
      • Genesis 3 default pose
      • Export OBJ2 (G3M pose)
      • Genesis 8 default pose
      • Import OBJ1 file
      • Transfer Utility, Source: G8M figure, Target: OBJ1
      • OBJ1 -> Fit to G3M figure
    • [Genesis 3] 
      • Load Genesis 3 Male
      • G3M figure -> General -> Mesh Resolution, Resolution Level: Base
      • OBJ1 -> Morph Loader Pro -> OBJ2 file, Reverse: Yes
      • OBJ1 -> OBJ2 morph: 100%
      • Genesis 8 default pose
      • Apply the morph that you want to convert
      • G3M figure -> General -> Transforms -> Scale, Scale: 100%
      • Hide G3M and G8M figures
      • Export OBJ3
    • [Genesis 8] 
      • Show G8M figure
      • G8M figure -> Morph Loader Pro -> OBJ3 file, Reverse: Yes
      • Adjust Rigging To Shape
      • ERC Freeze (Note: Hidden/Clone/G3M is still at 100% and is used by the new morph)
      • Save Morph Asset

Genesis 3 default pose for Genesis 8 is

• Collar (Left/Right) : Bend = (+/-) 2.20
    • Shoulder Bend : Bend = (+/-) 42.90
    • Thigh Bend : Side-Side = (-/+) 6.0

Noah LGP said:

I use that method :

• [Genesis 8] 
      • Checked "Show Hidden Properties" (right clic Parameter tab)
      • G8M figure -> Hidden -> Clones, Genesis 3 Male at 100%
      • Export OBJ1 (G8M pose)
      • Genesis 3 default pose
      • Export OBJ2 (G3M pose)
      • Genesis 8 default pose
      • Import OBJ1 file
    • [Genesis 3] 
      • OBJ1 morph: 100%
      • Genesis 8 default pose
      • Export OBJ3
    • [Genesis 8] 
      • ERC Freeze (Note: Hidden/Clone/G3M is still at 100% and is used by the new morph)
      • Save Morph Asset

• Should Bend : Bend = (+/-) 42.90

Marvelous! I happen to own that. Are the eyes and toenail issues better when using this method?

I still need to reset and adjust the eyes manually to fix the Sclera/EyeMoisture.

Noah LGP said:

I still need to reset and adjust the eyes manually to fix the Sclera/EyeMoisture.

I know someone mentioned a free product that helps with eye stuff for morphs from G2 to G3 but does it work for G8?

edited September 2018

Eye & Jaw Morph Fixer for Face Morphs includes Genesis 8, I use it to reset the eyes.

Once the eyes are adjusted, I export the OBJ, reset the eye translations/scale and create a new morph with this new OBJ (Adjust Rigging To Shape/ ERC Freeze)

It becomes the final version of my morph.

Noah LGP said:

Eye & Jaw Morph Fixer for Face Morphs includes Genesis 8, I use it to reset the eyes.

Once the eyes are adjusted, I export the OBJ, reset the eye translations/scale and create a new morph with this new OBJ (Adjust Rigging To Shape/ ERC Freeze)

It becomes the final version of my morph.

You, sir.... are AWESOMESAUCE! :)

edited September 2018

This method is not perfect, we still lose the details same as the GenX2 conversion.

• Noah LGP said:

I use that method :

• [Genesis 8] 
      • Checked "Show Hidden Properties" (right clic Parameters tab)
      • G8M figure -> Hidden -> Clones, Genesis 3 Male: 100%
      • Export OBJ1 (G8M pose)
      • Genesis 3 default pose
      • Export OBJ2 (G3M pose)
      • Genesis 8 default pose
      • Import OBJ1 file
    • [Genesis 3] 
      • OBJ1 -> OBJ2 morph: 100%
      • Genesis 8 default pose
      • G3M figure -> General -> Transforms -> Scale, Scale: 100%
      • Export OBJ3
    • [Genesis 8] 
      • Save Morph Asset

• Shoulder Bend : Bend = (+/-) 42.90

I'm at a lose when it gets to the morph loader pro part.  I don't understand what I'm supposed to do there.  I don't see anywhere to select Obj1 or reversing it.

edited September 2018

Choose Morph Files... button -> load the OBJ

And Item column, expand OBJ, Reverse Deformations: right click over No and select Yes

Accept

MorphLoaderPro.jpg
    491 x 474 - 51K
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028
    edited September 2018
    mats76 said:

After using the script on all g3 characters I noticed that newer version of the script make the hands weird after make a hand fist/ hand grasp pose for example. So I tried an older version of the script but then there is issue with the over arms instead, Victoria 7 get very weird ower arms and other base characters get other weirdnesses.

These issues just affect the base characters (Victoria 7, Bethany 7, Michael 7 and so on).

Is this the nature of the script at its current state or is it me that have messed up somethin?

Newer version of the script: 0d8dc1344a37c38e7ae2a7936990a6

Older version of the script: 7a13c9b7adbcd8dc09072850ca47a4

I just managed to fix this one. I had this exact problem when I transferred Brute 8 to G3. 

Mine got fixed after I selected the figure then went to edit > figure > rigging > adjust rigging to shape. 

Here’s said character (fixed) built with a mix of Nosferatu for G3 (100%) + Transferred the Brute 8 (80%) + The Fallen One for G3 (15%):

Gallery Links to "Wizard KingFull Version | Cropped Close Up

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Wow, what a great render, Gigi_FenixPhoenix !  Wonderful morph mixture and great surrealistic lighting.