Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• Now the scripts are gone again. Why does it keep on disappearing? Good that I made a backup for it now.
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    edited May 2018

@ Singular Blue

Any ETA for the plugin release in the store? I really CRAVE for something like it!

Post edited by Imago on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2018

Thanks to a-sennov's tutorial and the help of missuskisses the mission is completed.

Now I've got my Michael 3 and Michael 6 morphs for Genesis 8. 

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited May 2018

Well, I'm a little disappointed because it's not a perfect copy

1. Original Michael 6
    2. Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Male: Heroes
    3. Homemade conversion to Genesis 8

G8M6.JPG
    720 x 900 - 56K
    G2M6.JPG
    720 x 900 - 57K
    G3M6.JPG
    720 x 900 - 57K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    NoahLGP said:

Well, I'm a little disappointed because it's not a perfect copy

1. Original Michael 6
    2. Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Male: Heroes
    3. Homemade conversion to Genesis 8

2 & 3 are pretty close but at a minimum to make 3 more like 1 you need to widen the head it looks like a little and make the chin cleft deeper. Lips a bit more pronounced, the nose, eyes, deeper, and so on. In fact looking at it, it looks like the SW that created 2 from 1 choose in avery instance to keep boundary conditions low when matching the geometry in one so in effect they erased a lot of detail. Since number 2 & number 3 are very similar they were probably created using nearly the same SW method and that SW method has deficiencies or needs adjustment in some of the boundary conditions to make the geometry match better. 

edited May 2018

I tried 3 ways (G2 Legacies for G3, GenX2 conversion and this tutorial G2 to G8) but it's always the same result, the thumb is broken after "Adjust Rigging To Shape".
    145% Hand Fist pose control, the thumbs pass through the fingers instead of being lower.

EDIT: Well, I unchecked the thumbs in the list, it seems to work.

Before (blue) / After (Red) "Adjust Rigging To Shape"

Fist_01.jpeg
    937 x 624 - 35K
  • 5200north5200north Posts: 249

I'very read through this thread a couple time and I am so confused I don't know where to start.

I have some G3M characters that I've made through playing around with the morphs and I've love to transfer them to G8M. I dont nesssarily need to transfer the bodies, I'd be happy if I could put the G3M head on the G8M body. It seems like some people have run into problems with the body transfers so that's not an issue. 

a step by step instructions  would be great,  I see a lot of info for the girls but not much for the boys.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I just can't seem to figure this one out by myself.

Thanks guys,

edited May 2018

@5200north I think a-sennov's tutorial is easy.

Head morph, Body morph or both, the method is always identical, just you set at 100% the morph you want to transfer.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited June 2018

I haven't see anything from SingularBlues in a while. I hope he's okay and I'm also curious as to how things are going with the copy issues...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I haven't see anything from SingularBlues in a while. I hope he's okay and I'm also curious as to how things are going with the copy issues...

last active is 3 days ago, hopefully just laying low. I also hope that work is still being done on a commercial version, would buy it in a heartbeat.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

last active is 3 days ago, hopefully just laying low. I also hope that work is still being done on a commercial version, would buy it in a heartbeat.

Yup, its a great product

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,024

He did mentioned that the copy issue was cleared.

edited June 2018

... I found a way ...

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Noah LGP said:

... I found a way ...

Enlighten us, please? I'm always looking for better ways to morph/recreate characters.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Shoot.

nicstt said:

Yup, its a great product

Me too!  I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for this product.

• Noah LGP said:

... I found a way ...

You can’t just leave us hanging like this, man!

• marth_emarth_e Posts: 172

Does anyone know if the script to transfer morphs is still in developement? There used to be updates about the status almost on a daily basis but since a few months till now just silence. 

• JQPJQP Posts: 510

Is there currently a straightforward & reliable way to transfer morphs from g3 to g8? I haven't been following this thread.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    JQP said:

Is there currently a straightforward & reliable way to transfer morphs from g3 to g8? I haven't been following this thread.

That's what we're trying to accomplish with SingularBlues's script. We're really hoping everything's going well with him and his progress.

I don't know if SingularBlues is still working on the G3 to G8 / G8 to G3 morph transfer product that he was talking about but I decided to test his scripts and so I though I'd report the bugs:

1) Transferring products like 3DU's Toon Generations 2, Little ones, Megan & Matt, worked OK. 

2) Some DAZ Originals that are in Pro Bundles, eg The Girl 7 & Aiko 7 have some sort of construct that makes one have the favorite the Head morph & the Body morph seperately and after those too are transferred to Genesis 8 the original Genesis 3 versions of Aiko for example stop working. Quitting DAZ Studio and uninstalling Aiko 7 and reinstalling Aiko 7 does not fix it. The Singular Blues scripts must of changed a reference somewhere in the Genesis 3 hierarchy itself that refers to Aiko 7 that can't be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling Aiko 7. Also, one cannot favorite Aiko 7 as a whole, head & body because the script has a null error & it then also breaks Aiko 7.In that case, quitting DAZ Studio & uninstalling & reinstalling Aiko 7 will fix the problem. Howeverm one you transfer Aiko 7, seperate as head & body to Genesis 8 it break Aiko 7 in Genesis 3 and you can't fix it by uninstalling & reinstalling Aiko 7. I expect The Girl 7 and the other DAZ Originals to work the same way.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499

I believe I missed SingularBlues last version of the script with his fixes in it before everything was removed.  Is it possible that someone with the last version could pm me a copy to test with?

I believe I missed SingularBlues last version of the script with his fixes in it before everything was removed.  Is it possible that someone with the last version could pm me a copy to test with?

Well I also missed the last version and it had some fixes but not all. And, he missed some easy bugs to detect completely. SingularBlues will need to test much more thoroughly to have a product that DAZ 3D could actually sell that didn't send DAZ's customers coming after them with a pitchfork.

I have the 2nd to the last of the scripts. It's enough to do some G3M to G8M  / G3F to G3F products. Contrary to some claims I found no scripts to transfers cack & forth between G8F - G8M & G3M - G3F but that is probably as simple as choosing as the target, eg target G8F with G8M as the source and chose clone:G8F using the G3MtoG8M script. 

By the why if you transfer character like The Girl 7 you will loose The Girl 7's for Genesis 3 but have her for Genesis 8. You might fix it by uninstalled & reinstalling Genesis 3 Starter Essentials & The Girl 7 but uninstalling & reinstalling The Girl 7 doesn't fix it.

Also, charactes like Ruby, Amaya, Killian, & Jax don't transfer correctly at all to Genesis 8 even though the Girl 7 & Guy 7 do (at least superficially without exhaustive inspection for problems).

edited August 2018
    Noah LGP said:

... I found a way ...

Enlighten us, please? I'm always looking for better ways to morph/recreate characters.

When I want to convert a G3M morph like Kenji 7, I use the G3M clone for G8M (hidden morph) as my base instead of the G8 basic male.

It seems to solve my bend issues.

I've also got some issues with Swole for Michael 6, the hands and fingers of the G8M OBJ didn't fit to the figure.

So I assigned the G8M OBJ to G8 basic male and used autofit to convert it into G2M wearable (G8M to G3M and G3M to G2M), it's like a bodysuit.

• I believe I missed SingularBlues last version of the script with his fixes in it before everything was removed.  Is it possible that someone with the last version could pm me a copy to test with?

That applies to me too. Could someone send the last, or even the second to last version via PM? I though I could wait until SingularBlues returned with a new version, but it's been quite some time since that.

• MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431

While the free scripts work i have had also a lot of success with:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-to-genesis-8-pose-converter

• Mescalino said:

That's about poses, while this topic is about morphs.

• MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431
    Mescalino said:

That's about poses, while this topic is about morphs.

Sorry, my bad.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Any chance to try the script?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

We can't be sure it is ok to do so, so no one is like to.

• nicstt said:

We can't be sure it is ok to do so, so no one is like to.

That's why I asked for PM. Judging by his post on March 11th there seems to be no legal issue and he intended to clean up the script before reposting it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3419271/#Comment_3419271