Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• marth_emarth_e Posts: 172

Also, to everyone who's put in any time an effort, thank you. Thank you very much. I know you may see it as getting some nice benefits out of it, but I couldn't have come this far without you.

I've always been one to tumble to what seemed like a clever idea. I've only had a handful of opportunities to execute any of them, and most of those where never acknowledged. None of them were ever really my own projects. This is, and I appreciate everyone who helped me make it happen.

Thank you, Singular Blues. This is an awesome script as it is so I can't wait for the commercial version. It's gonna be awesome.

Cheers,
    Martha E.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

check your PMs?  they may contain pizza. 

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Finally found time to try the new script on all 100+ characters, the old script was great by the way.

With the new script can you select multiply character to morph at the same run or is it one character at the time? 

Thank you in advance.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884

Well the current version is brilliant anyway, been happily throwing characters at it. Only real issue I had recently was a character that is full body morph only, not separate head and body, and that gave me issues at the start anyway so I guess it is outside the scope of script as it stands. I will be waiting for the commercial version as a guaranteed customer :)

• Singular BluesSingular Blues Posts: 737
    edited March 2018
    mats76 said:

Finally found time to try the new script on all 100+ characters, the old script was great by the way.

With the new script can you select multiply character to morph at the same run or is it one character at the time? 

Thank you in advance.

It can do many at once, but 100 or more at the same time will take a long time. I suspect over an hour.

I had meant to leave the script up for freeness, but I've just gotten a message suggesting it copies a sample I hadn't even looked at, and upon looking I see that the indicated section claimed to be a copy is nothing like the sample I'm accused of copying. This is tiresome. I admit, it would be easy enough to stop them sending messages by puting a thingy in saying it was all CC BY and pointing to the samples, but I'm literal being told "This thing, which does not copy our sample is a copy of our sample." That's a frustrating reason, since it means adding CC BY would me lying to take the pressure off. They say there are other points that copies of other samples, but don't specifiy. They may be right, since I can't check the nonspecific. But everything about the way this has gone has left a bad taste in my mouth. (suffice it to say more happened than I'm going into here, not a huge amount more, but it sets a tone). I'm not trying to win something or establish I'm right, either. It could all be mistakes upon mistakes. I haven't seen every sample and what they think I copies could be some other thing and they just sent me the wrong link.

But it feels like minds are made up. As far as the senders are concerned, the script copies. I've replied, laying out my points on why the indicated section is not remotely a copy, and other points relevant. I'm just going to remove the alpha, but if they respond I might put it back. Either way, I'm done with this issue.

EDIT: Changed my mind about waiting. Not feeling a lot of trust.

Post edited by Singular Blues on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Please don’t let the red tape trip you up. It’s everywhere and we all just have to navigate it the best we can. This script is much needed and very worthwhile. Hope you reconsider, or at least keep developing with a private testing group. 

• Redz said:

Please don’t let the red tape trip you up. It’s everywhere and we all just have to navigate it the best we can. This script is much needed and very worthwhile. Hope you reconsider, or at least keep developing with a private testing group. 

I'm not quitting. And I'll comply with any judgments made if the script matures enough to be submitted as a product. And, as I said, if they want t make their case, or adjust their position in light of my reply, I'll go back to the original plan of keeping the alpha free to use. Or maybe I'll put the old brute fore script back up under CC BY. I haven't made up my mind on that. I don't want to leave a gap between GenX and G8. and I don't want to use this as an excuse to avoid filling that gap until such time as I might release a product.

At the same time your own efforts do something to cover that gap, and I'm not responsible for all the things. Also, I'm willing to be wrong. I have made a good faith effort to avoid even remotely copying or deriving, but if they want t clairify their interpretations, and I can agree, I will add the licence. But as long as I feel adding it would be a lie, just to get them to back off, I feel it would be no more moral or honest than copying and not using CC BY.

When I have code dealing with rigging adjustment issue, I will go beta. But right now I don't like where the Adjust rigging function goes, as it would require a lot of slow operations in studio, so I haven't even begun solving that issue. I welcome actual dialog on their part, as it would apply to the beta, very broadly speaking. Legal arguments can be made it doesn't but I try to be restrictive in interpretation. I don't expect that, in as much as my removing the script also responds to the charges. Since it was moderation and not legal, their responsibilty is technically fulfilled. 

I don't think anyone is acting capriciously. But I don't see moderation digging deeply into a legal dispute either. Perhaps I do them a disservice, but as much as I wanted to make a gift of the alpha, being as I like this place and I'm thankful for the help, I don't need to. And similarly, ending distribution ends their responsiblity.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    Redz said:

I'm not quitting. And I'll comply with any judgments made if the script matures enough to be submitted as a product. And, as I said, if they want t make their case, or adjust their position in light of my reply, I'll go back to the original plan of keeping the alpha free to use. Or maybe I'll put the old brute fore script back up under CC BY. I haven't made up my mind on that. I don't want to leave a gap between GenX and G8. and I don't want to use this as an excuse to avoid filling that gap until such time as I might release a product.

At the same time your own efforts do something to cover that gap, and I'm not responsible for all the things. Also, I'm willing to be wrong. I have made a good faith effort to avoid even remotely copying or deriving, but if they want t clairify their interpretations, and I can agree, I will add the licence. But as long as I feel adding it would be a lie, just to get them to back off, I feel it would be no more moral or honest than copying and not using CC BY.

When I have code dealing with rigging adjustment issue, I will go beta. But right now I don't like where the Adjust rigging function goes, as it would require a lot of slow operations in studio, so I haven't even begun solving that issue. I welcome actual dialog on their part, as it would apply to the beta, very broadly speaking. Legal arguments can be made it doesn't but I try to be restrictive in interpretation. I don't expect that, in as much as my removing the script also responds to the charges. Since it was moderation and not legal, their responsibilty is technically fulfilled. 

I don't think anyone is acting capriciously. But I don't see moderation digging deeply into a legal dispute either. Perhaps I do them a disservice, but as much as I wanted to make a gift of the alpha, being as I like this place and I'm thankful for the help, I don't need to. And similarly, ending distribution ends their responsiblity.

I hear you. Feel free to message me if you need a tester. 

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Yea, it's a two-edged sword...samples are great, but then if the samples have rules, and there are samples for everything, then anything that anyone does can be construed as copying a sample.  frown  Not saying I don't love the samples, or appreciate those who make them (as I use them, thanks to the creators!), but the expectations can be confusing.

Be happy to help if you need a tester, as well.  Kudos to a great product so far, and the great interaction! yes

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    mats76 said:

Thank you in advance.

It can do many at once, but 100 or more at the same time will take a long time. I suspect over an hour.

Thank you for your awnser, much appriciated.

• 3dOutlaw said:

Yea, it's a two-edged sword...samples are great, but then if the samples have rules, and there are samples for everything, then anything that anyone does can be construed as copying a sample.  frown  Not saying I don't love the samples, or appreciate those who make them (as I use them, thanks to the creators!), but the expectations can be confusing.

Be happy to help if you need a tester, as well.  Kudos to a great product so far, and the great interaction! yes

The rules are pretty straightforward - if you copy code from a sample, or take a sample and use it as a starting point, you must state that you did so and link back to the sample(s).

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Right, I agree, attribution is clear and is good, but the rule itself was not really my point.  I'll PM you to keep off the OP's thread!  Sorry Singular Blues!  blush

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    I had meant to leave the script up for freeness, but I've just gotten a message suggesting it copies a sample I hadn't even looked at

That's pretty hilarious.

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

After using the script to transfer certain full body morphs from G3 to G8, I encountered an issue.  With at least one more extreme morph, when it's applied to G8F, any deviation from the default pose causes heavy distortion.  Is there a known fix for this sort of thing?

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

there's some discussion of this toward the end of the thread's page 49.

i believe the upshot was, the fix for some extreme morphs was going to involve another stage/level of development.  which pretty much overlapped the work necessary to make the script support genesis and genesis 2. 

so i don't believe there's a fix for this at the moment.

• CowrieCowrie Posts: 143

Yeah, based on the images provided, it's about the same problem.  I guess I'll just have to put the project I was working on on the backburner for a while.

• Just as an update, I got a fairly quick reply on the copying issue, and it confirmed that I had already removed anything that could construed as copying from the samples from the script.

I promised it would be back, and it will. My intent was that I'd clean up the code, because the code is messy and has elements in that don't do anything, at this point, because of all the changes. It's something that needs to be done, so I'd planned to do that before putting it back up. Something I'd get to when I had the time. It seems like having the time is going to be harder than I'd thought, since something that seemed to be a sign of improvement for my personal life has collasped. I'm just not going to be able to devote that time soon. If things still look grim next sunday, I'll put the script back up as it is. Personal issues and real life are the reason for the delay in my saying anything. I haven't had the time.

I understand that the interpretation of CC BY that drove me to make sure that the code was as unlike the samples as I could make it was wrong. The reason I didn't just add CC BY, after I learned this, was that I had already gone to the trouble of making those changes and CC BY really no longer applied, in my opinion. The issue came up as a misunderstanding based on looking at code I hadn't changed from an earlier verson of the script, as I understand it.

Havos said:

What about having the script initiate an "Adjust rigging to shape", and then "ERC Freeze" commands when the morph is moved over?, I guess that is what GenX does.

I'm not sure if I said or strongly underlined this but doing adjust rigging like this would be slow. Very slow. I assumed ERC freeze would also be difficult, but not so much, now that I have had time to think. It would add more slow. Together they would slow this to a crawl. So I'm working on something else. Still, I think the Alpha phase of the script is pretty much done. I'm pretty sure that if my new idea works at all, it will be stable since it relies on something the script already does. There will be a rigging adjustment/ERC freeze bit with the slow penalty, eventually, because there's no other way to deal with another problem, but I first need to make sure I can limit that to morphs that need it. If I get back on track, in personal terms, I will probably add the fix I have in mind to the alpha, because the script can already do it, it just needs to be told what to do. Assuming it works at all.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142
    edited March 2018

Glad to see your work hasn't stopped. Your script is very important and means a lot to people, whether in the store or free :) Thanks for all the work you've done on it so far. And best of luck on your RL issue.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279
    edited March 2018

Here's hoping RL straightens out for you. It can be a real B for sure

Looking forward to when you can get back to this it's much appreciated 

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited March 2018

The silliness of 'claimed copying' is a hindrance when one simply wants to state a stop sign is red well then there are only so many ways to state that a stop sign is red or that a sum is zero for that matter or lots of other innocent statements that some claim are copied when they are not; instead being simply statements on concise obviousness. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • I hope things are settling down OK for Singular Blues.

:)

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Me too. 

• Looking forward to how things developed. I had the misfortune of revisiting this thread too late to get the script when it was freely available.

Hope it comes back

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

sad  I got here too late after losing track of the thread and missing the free version.  I hope it resurfaces.  I'm jealous of hearing all the comments about it!

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    edited April 2018
    Hope this script comes back
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • Ah Hell, I came too late for the party again? I'll keep an eye on this thread then, I too really hope this script will come back :)

Anyone know anything about Singular Blues? Long time since he last post here. Hope everything is OK.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    marth.e said:

Anyone know anything about Singular Blues? Long time since he last post here. Hope everything is OK.

Just click in Singular Blues name below his avatar and it'll show you he was last active in the DAZ forums April 11. 

Maybe he will be back for beta tests as he took the alpha tests as far as they'll go. However, the code he needs to do to be beta level is much more difficult than the alpha level code.

Oh, I see. Thanks Nonesuch00.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2018

How to fix the Sclera ?

NoahLGP said:
    For example, this Michael 6 morph for Genesis 8 moved a part of the Sclera (Red corner) over the EyeMoisture (Blue).
    (morph created thanks to [Tutorial] Transferring Character Morphs G1G2G3G8 )

Post edited by Noah LGP on