MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited May 2018

I've mentioned before that I'm not a big fan of tattoos because I'm picky and most of the ones I've seen aren't to my taste at all. However, the only exception to date has been Kyle for Genesis 8 Male. I was already planning to get him specifically for those rainbow arm tattoos. But, I've been busy with work that I didn't have a chance to render him until now. 

I also decided to take the opportunity to dress him up in the Sci Fi Bling NeoNavigator outfit for V4. I've been meaning to render this in a more polished render for a while now. From what I read in another other post, Kyle rendered too blue. It was suggested he be used in a warmer-toned HDRI, to reduce the blue. So more reason for me to dress him up in this citrus-y getup. And no, the boots didn't perfectly autofit, not so much that his feet were sticking out but for some reason they didn't want to wrap around his thighs so I had to play around with the morphs and stretched them out a bit too much. The bikini bottom is actually parented since it was tricky to fit. Still, I love how this turned out because he looks like one of those superheroes with a high armor-rating.

Untitled.jpg
    1000 x 1618 - 191K
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

I would not have thought of that particular outfit on a male, but you make it work.  Love the image. 

edited May 2018

I would not have thought of that particular outfit on a male, but you make it work.  Love the image. 

I didn't think it was going to work either, but I'm glad it did because that means this is good versatile skimpwear. (Now to figure out how to make the boots geografted clothing for all my Genesis figures.)

Not sure if it was Kyle's promo thread or the character description that was saying he was a villain or anti-hero, so I took it upon myself to make him seem like one of those straightforward good protagonists.

Thank you. :)

edited May 2018

I did this Red Sonja cosplay a couple of days ago using the Death Bringer outfit which was available in the Death Bringer Mega Bundle which seems to have gotten vaulted because the outfit itself was vaulted and buying the mega bundle was the only way to get it. The only thing I did with these was increase the bump strength and added metalicity to the chain mail bits in iray, The sword is from Swords Fantastic, which includes a whip sword for those who want to do Soul Calibur Ivy cosplay renders.

The hair is Leyton hair, though I should've probably used the Nova Hair that came as part of the bundle. I forget which dials I used for this gal but I was eyeballing comic panels and trying to match. As long as she looked curvy and muscular, that was good-enough. I changed the lightset for this second render and did some editing on with with GIMP 2.10. I don't remember if I had saved this scene but I feel this is the most realistic render to date.

The model is G8F.

Sonja.png
    1545 x 2500 - 4M
    Untitled.jpg
    1000 x 1102 - 242K
    edited May 2018

The next render was originally an attempt to fit the Freya Armor on G8F. (As shown on Olympia 8 100% with Victoria 7's texture.) It was one of the first V4 outfits I purchased from the Freya's Courage Realm bundle and just like G1, G2F, and G3F before her, the pauldrons got horribly mangled with autofit but everything else works great. I also attempted to add a bit of dforce to the loincloth and the result wasn't exactly as I planned. (The panty actually sagged too so I had to rotate her to cover that up.) She has the Elite V5 ponytail too while posed with one of Oliie 8's poses.

And for artisitic purposes, Ronen (G8M) is dressed up in the Spartan Warrior outfit for M4 that comes in the Freak 4 Bundles. And like the Freya Armor, I also had some trouble with it. The straps that came with the cape/cloak didn't want to fit across his pecs, so I made those invisible just like the pauldrons. I should've edited the textures more but this looks fine the way it is.

I almost forgot that the Freya outfit come with these little handle orbs on both the loincloth and cape. Those exploded with dforce but since they can be hidden, it's not a problem. I even considered incorporating that explosion into the render but decided against it. XD

Untitled.jpg
    1075 x 1390 - 251K
    edited May 2018

Though I've got a lot of expenses these next few weeks, I caved in and got Salome II for G8F by Val3dart which is sold over at Renderosity. I also got an unusal creature mohawk since there was a DAZ Studio Grab Bag event and that's why I caved in. The outfit uses dforce but only on the skirt. Here it is, modeled by a random G8F who mostly uses Edie 8's slim pear-shaped body. Her skin comes from FWSA Taia HD for Victoria 7.

I was disappointed that I couldn't apply an iray hair shader to the hair since it isn't mapped vertically like normal hairs. Here is is without the crown parts and veil. That golden lace is also part of the hair texture. This outfit comes with poses, the same ones in the product promos.

Besides that, I'm very happy with my purchase. I was planning to do another render with an actual set but it seems it's something I should render early in the day. 

Untitled.png
    927 x 1500 - 2M
    HatHair.jpg
    596 x 657 - 92K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gorgeous outfit.  One trick when Dforcing an outfit is to hide everything that is not going to be dforced.  So, I hide hair, panties, and any other bits that won't be part of the sim.  That keeps all of those bits in place lol.  I love the older outfits and use them all the time.

I love Red Sonja- My name is Sonja, and my hair is ( mostly still) red and there was a time I would have rocked that chain maille lol.  She has always been a favorite character of mine and is just such an iconic fantasy character.  You did a great job with her!

Gorgeous outfit.  One trick when Dforcing an outfit is to hide everything that is not going to be dforced.  So, I hide hair, panties, and any other bits that won't be part of the sim.  That keeps all of those bits in place lol.  I love the older outfits and use them all the time.

I love Red Sonja- My name is Sonja, and my hair is ( mostly still) red and there was a time I would have rocked that chain maille lol.  She has always been a favorite character of mine and is just such an iconic fantasy character.  You did a great job with her!

For the Freya loincloth, the panty was a part of the loincloth. I don't know how to paint on the dforce for it, which seems like it would've helped. I'd have left that part unaffected by dforce.

Thank you. :)

Ah, have you seen the you tube video by sickleyield on using Dforce?  It makes it very easy to understand how to paint it.  Its just a couple simple steps.  I will see if I can hunt down the link for you.

Wasn't Sickleyield.  Try this one

Ah, have you seen the you tube video by sickleyield on using Dforce?  It makes it very easy to understand how to paint it.  Its just a couple simple steps.  I will see if I can hunt down the link for you.

Wasn't Sickleyield.  Try this one

I think I had seen that video before but didn't remember the dynamic strength parts. >_<' Thank you so much.</p>

I was actually curious about the painting I saw on the thread talking about dforcing hairs to make them dynamic. There's a certain dress I want to use that doesn't seem to have many material zones. Do you know where this is located in DS?

edited May 2018

I tried to dforce these bell-bottom pants and they produced the most spectacular explosion I've seen to date.

G8F was in A-pose, like this caught me off-guard...but I still tried to make it work by messing around with the pants' opacity to around 0.20-ish.

Smoek.png
    1001 x 1105 - 2M
    Mirr.jpg
    705 x 300 - 23K

wow.  That is spectacular lol

edited May 2018

Right now, Victoria 8 base is sitting in my cart at a 89% discount (costing me about $5) and I can't decide if she's worthwhile since I already have Olympia 8 and Stephanie 8, who practically look like her. The only thing V8 has going for her is that her eyebrows are better than Olympia's and that's it. Speaking of which, here's a couple of renders of 50% Oly8 and 50% Steph8. The front portait has Steph8's HD dialied in and the 3/4 profile does not. I think the only difference is that V8 has bigger lips than this hybrid and I have a bunch of other morphs to make bigger lips.

The purpose of this mix was to create a more "generic" base/official G8F girl.

*EDIT: In case you're curious, this was the post that really made me feel like I shouldn't bother with V8 since she seems like a mix of Olympia and Stephanie. Not to mention that G8F official base skins all practically look the same to me.

Stephympia.png
    1500 x 1655 - 2M
    Stephympia.jpg
    852 x 940 - 254K
    edited May 2018

I finally figured out how to save diffuse overlay makeups. And the first one I tried to create was the red Aiko 5 makeup, which I edited in GIMP so it could be makeup only. I plan to do this with other makeups I like, including the colorful Girl 6 makeup.

Originally, this was just going to be Aiko 8 with the Aiko 5 makeup, with the Pure Hair: Sweet hair (with UHT2 shaders) and Bow Dress and Boots. The bow from the bow dress warped horribly when I posed her with an Edie 8 pose and it wrapped around her arms. So I decided to work that warping into the composition and make it seem like she's got tied up. I used a jade shader but changed the tint to be red. Then, because I felt like it, I made a quick monster with Mr. Hyde and DAZ Monstrosities: Undead Fiend for Genesis 1. I just wanted really large hands and I don't remember which glass shader I used for him. I do know that I tried to make it similar color to the HDR. 

I'm actually surprised how much I love this render. It looks modern at a glance, and yet the subject matter is clearly fantasy. And yes, that's not really Aiko 8's body. It's Aiko 8 50% and Pretty Base 50% with the navel morphs and I think other morphs thrown in but I don't remember. I liked it so much, that I decided to make a quick render using the same scene but this time, with the custom head shaping preset that looks like me. Now that's my icon. XD

Untitled.jpg
    1000 x 925 - 215K
    AikoMer.jpg
    600 x 600 - 336K
    edited May 2018

Originally, this started off as a test in applying dforce to the Genesis 1 morphing fantasy dress. Here it is autofitted to G8M with the Once Upon A Time: Camelot texture add-on applied to it. G8M is wearing the Morphing Mask for Genesis too since that texture add-on has a mat for that. The textures have the basic Iray shader applied to them, but for the mask I added 0.85 metallicity to it. (It's like it's a wire so it needs to be metallic.) And for fun, he's holding the chips from Couch Potato Props. Those chips...er crisps look so huge!

As for G8M himself, he's Phx Jesse for Michael 8 by Phoenix1966 and he's sold over at Renderosity. Except that I don't have Michael 8 yet and substituted 75% Owen 8 and 25% Darius 8 for Mike. The Jessie morphs for head and body are at 100%. Then he has the Ollie 8 elf ears at 30%. I need to render this Jesse with Kyle, just because I also noticed that Jesse's skin also changed colors from the HDRs.

ElfJesse.png
    1150 x 1325 - 1M
    ElfJesse.jpg
    1150 x 1325 - 918K
    edited May 2018

I finally got Skin Blender andI can now have "more" skins, especially for G3 and G8 because the base textures all practically look the same and I don't want my runtime filled with large repetitive textures. Which is why I rather buy morph packs for these generations and strongly appreciate when vendors who advertise "sculpted in Zbrush" show clay renders of their characters.

Here is "Vinkaid" Vini and Kincaid, both for G8M. Not only are their morphs at 50% but so are their skins thanks to Skin Blender. He's wearing Ronen's briefs, Timeless Male Hair, Hellboy's Lash Utilities, Olympia 8's eyebrows, and the beard that came with Phx Jesse. All the hairs colored with UHT2 to match.

Vinkaid.png
    1011 x 1665 - 2M
    VinkaidFace.png
    1100 x 1267 - 2M

Nice!  You are going to love skin builder.  Now all you need is Sim Tenero's Randomizer and you can create anything you want lol.  You did a great job on the skins and the morphing dress looks darn good!

edited May 2018

More Skin Blender and this time with my character Biana. Using a mix of Aiko 7 and Olympia 8 skins, though I may try another one down the road since she still doesn't quite look right. I honestly miss the old 3Delight era, in terms of skins. There was actual variety in the skin mats in terms of color, as opposed to everyone practically using skins of the same dull/pale color and changing up the tints. In other words, I'm hesitant to buy a skin that's the exact shade I'm looking for, for my characters and it could be one of those ones with tints...yeah, this is more of an Iray and G3/G8 complaint. 

Anyway, in these renders I tried to dress my chracter up in her "original" outfit and hair. The outfit being Summer Halter Dress and the hair the Angelissa Hair Set. My original doodles of this character had her weaing an extremely short dress but she wore a big trenchcoat over it and large hat. Her hair was like a peekaboo style like Jessica Rabbit. But then I have grown, to like the look of these V4 products on her. I'm disappointed that the dress does not fit her well at all but then, she's an extreme shape though I never had this problem with G1.  At least her hair fits even better, despite me having to awkwardly apply a geoshell to it for the hair to look fuller in Iray. 

For fun, I played around with the shaders and tried to d-force the dress but it didn't work out. XD

Untitled1.jpg
    900 x 1484 - 438K
    Untitled3.jpg
    900 x 1165 - 297K
    edited May 2018

Here is one last render with my character but this time, with Genesis-era clothing. It's not the same. The hair is Desideria Hair for G2F and the dress is Deep Impact for Genesis 3 Female(s) with the same gummy/resin shader. Though, I will say that I do like this dress better despite her being too big for it. As for her hair, I have the Fane Hair by AprilYSH wishlisted and I think that one would be a better substitute despite me liking the Angelissa/Lady Death/SOTN Alucard styled hair for her. 

I had also tried to dforce the Deep Impact dress but the dress completely disappeared. But the morphs work well with autofit, so I don't mind if I can't dforce it. Yes, I adjusted the skin mix, same one as before though I can't recall which combination I tried. At least it looks closer to what I want. In my own creative processes, this character is unusual since not only is she "human" but a half-orc fantasy variant exists. Though I will need to see if I could recreate the orc, never tried that in DS since I never really had any good orc morphs that would make her look "accurate".

Untitled1.jpg
    900 x 1165 - 274K

Come to think of it, I don't think I have a trenchcoat for my character. >_>;; I need to find one, one of these days.

As for hats, I need to see how well the hat from Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress will look on her G8 incarnation. That big hat is accurate for what I wanted with this character.

To get hair to look fuller, a lot of times you can put two or three of the same hair on the character.  This helps fill in some of the thinner parts.  I look forward to seeing more of your experiments.  Would love to see her as a half orc.

edited June 2018

I tried to make the half-orc Biana variant, yesterday but didn't have time to post until now. (Both are still the same character, it's just that she's a different race and lives in a different environment.) I just used the G8F body morphs (the fitness and bodybuilder ones) and the orc head morph from HFS Ultimate Shapes for Genesis 8 Female but at 50%. I was surprised that it didn't "overpower" her original shape and then used the EJ Teeth Collection for Genesis 8 Female(s) to make the teeth bigger. Hair is Adalyn Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s). Clothes are from dForce Loincloth Collection for Genesis 8 Female(s). The bracers and shoes come from the Goddess Minerva Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s).

It seems unusual that I'd turn this type of character into an orc. She was always meant to be a very feminine character, a trait seldomly associated with orcs. But if it wasn't noticable-enough, Biana is quite large but most of it comes from her being top and bottom heavy. Orcs are also large, at least they're supposed to be...even their women. That's why it worked out for me, in my opinion. I will say that I somehow made her the perfect shade of orc green with Skin Blender and EJ Universal FX Skin Shaders for G8F and G8M. (Bottom layer was Olympia 8 with the "mantis green" color but the green made like neon green. Top layer Aiko 7 at 45% with the "olive" skin tone.) But half-orc Biana was supposed to look very lightly green tinged but still human passing. Oh well. XD 

Here are both the human and orc version side by side...sort of. The backdrop is from Treasures of Egypt 2 but with Iray Uber Base shader applied to it. The barely noticeable bed in the first render is from Treasures of Egypt, also with Iray applied. Human Biana's shoes are from Looking Back Outfit but with the same gummy dress shader to match. 

OrcBiana.png
    1043 x 1201 - 3M
    TwoBiana.jpg
    1043 x 1201 - 472K

At least the way I imagine orcs to be, they are quite tall. Half-orc Biana, despite still looking very similar to the human counterpart but green and more buff is still quite small in orc standards. I couldn't quite find an "adequate" outfit for her but she's more of a shaman/druid/mage of character since she's not meant to be a warrior and is too much of a nerd. As for the half-orc's hairstyle, I originally wanted them to have similar hair, but one of my friends like the hairstyle similar to the Adalyn hair. She looked great it in, so I might concider it keeping it as part of her design. Shame that I wasn't able to figure out how to apply UHT2 to it. I wanted an ombre style but it made everything ombre including the frocked part of the scalp. 

Both characters are supposed to have purple eyes like Elizabeth Taylor, but I still need to figure out how to make that work. XD

edited June 2018

Because of the Victoria Birthday Sale, I caved and got Benita for V8 and Short Hair Wet Hair for G8M and G8F. The latter, I don't remember it coming out but the fact it included wet geoshells for both sexes made it slam dunk into my cart. As for Benita, she's one of those very highly-praised characters and the reason I didn't get her sooner was because as of this post I still don't have V8. (Dog 8 and get V8 free wasn't motivating-enough because I don't render animals.) And since that was a required product, she may not look right obviously but I'm glad I was proven wrong.

This is Benita without V8 and as you can see, the most important morphs are the DAZ Originals Head and Body morphs. She is wearing Hongyu's Bikini for V5, autofitted and with the wet skin geoshell (but I changed the geoshell opacity to 50% and made the eyes of the geoshell at 0% because they kept turning out white in the render and that looked unnatural.)

EDIT: Benita reminds me of my mom, except my mom has blemishes on her cheeks. XD

BenitaNoV8.png
    1000 x 1152 - 1M
    edited June 2018

Another character I got, that I didn't render sooner is Girl 8 because I was out of the country. And I will say she has the best body of any of the Girl characters that have been released (original, V4/Genesis legacy morph, Girl 6, and Girl 7.) As for her face, I don't like it very much and I had suspected that she was going to have a pointy face since that is a trend in this generation. (Girl 7 has the best face, Girl 6 has the best skin/make-ups.) She's still cute though and had she been released before Aiko, I would've skipped Aiko. Same hair, bikini as the previous post. Her pose is from Burlesque Dance Poses for G8F and The Girl 8 found in the Girl 8 Pro Bundle.

The reason I've been a fan of The Girl is because to me, she was the perfect base to making cute non-white characters. With the exception of Girl 7, The Girl looks Latina to me. Speaking of which, I decided to mix her in with another clearly Latina character, Benita. (Benita without V8 at 100% and Girl 8 at 75%). Another pose from the set in the previous render and I made her hold the cat plushie from Deredere Anime Poses for G3F because I couldn't find a chair. XD

BlueGirl.jpg
    1000 x 1152 - 478K
    BenitaGirl.png
    1000 x 1618 - 2M
    edited June 2018

Some good news to report, I finally found a decent skin for G8F Biana. It is from Joanne for Genesis 3 Female by Freja (sold at Renderosity). And finally, she looks like how she should look like.Though I'm not too sure the character would actually dress like this, I just tried to kitbash something and I liked the results.

Items used (but with the included default Iray shaders, mostly "Leather", "Gold", "Diamond", "Copper", "Brushed Metal" and "Jade".):

Untitled1.jpg
    1314 x 1700 - 443K
    edited June 2018

I forgot to mention in my last post that I used Olympia 8's normal maps on Biana, the effect is quite noticeable on her nose. And because I like the light setup but not sure how to save the preset, I decided to mess with my scene and tried to "toonify" Biana even more. I went back and checked but I added Sakura 8 head at 15%, Girl 8 head at 13%, and upped the Candy G8F head from 12% to 24%. (The head scale was also increased to 4%) Then I exaggerated the breasts so they'd be that toony round/unrealistic. To emphasize the toon-look, I drecreased the bumps to their lowest setting.

Yeah...she looks so cute and I almost felt bad for exaggerating her body.

Untitled4.jpg
    1314 x 1700 - 466K
    edited June 2018

Actually, I did feel bad about doing this to her. So have this more "appropriate" version where she looks like a kid. 

Items used:

Untitled3.jpg
    1475 x 1700 - 1014K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

I love the new Biana.  Would be fun to see her as a genie!  Her orc version is really cool too.

Can you explain what you mean about saving diffuse make up?  Do you mean if you like the way one character's materials do eyeliner, you can use it on another?  I sometimes can, and sometimes can't.