Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

Look at this oldie- Severin. Anyone use him yet? 

@kharma- have an idea,  I PM'd you.

• Novica said:

Look at this oldie- Severin. Anyone use him yet? 

I have him.  I'm not sure I've rendered him yet, though.

Well, I need to stop playing with the calculator. If you want the equivalent of getting those 4 new releases I tested in the cart for "free" (cost $45) you'd need to get a $250 gift certificate, which would then cost you $205, saving $45. 

Okay, of more value is this thought- that new breast product should work well with the Growing Up- because it has some de-lumping for the midzones. (Sorry, but Growing Up needs a lot of work on the chest area morphing IMO.  Never liked that aspect of it.)

Thought of that chest idea when watching the video on the product page.  And I really like that this addresses pesky straps.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I would go for option A if there were four things I had to have and i had the $110 lol.  I wishlisted several among them the breast helper but I am really working at not buying anything I don't really need.  I did buy the hydra yesterday but I have cut my spending this month by over 90% and it needs to stay that way until work picks up for my husband.  My wish list is growing by leaps and bounds.

I also wanted to put a word in for the BOSS lights, I was one of the testers and its worth every single penny and then some.  Between the BOSS lights and Kindred Arts Ghost lights I am hard pressed to imagine needing another light set for some time (unless its just for fun like gel lights and special effects lol)

edited January 2017

From what Ati is saying over in the sales thread, it seems like the new PC items do trigger the discount. I am not quite sure about what is triggering what, but here goes on the steeper discount- the Librarian sale includes Ironman, and so does today's featured store. I haven't a CLUE how that Librarian page works, it gave me a headache and I skipped it completely, first time I've ever done that. Made my head hurt. I don't know if something in my cart triggered the additional ironman discount  but I got the Yoga Studio Bundle for $12.15 instead of $14.57 (which would be what only today's discount should give you)  I had 4 new releases in the cart. There's many items discounting.

If you can figure out the Librarian discounts, ironman may give you even better discounts as they are in both.  I got Ironman stuff for:

i13 On My Own Sleepwear for the Genesis 3 Female(s) 34245 1 $4.86
    i13 Summer Wear Set for the Genesis 3 Female(s) 33655 1 $4.59
    i13 Lost and Found 32781 1 $3.57
    i13 Twins! Pose Collection for the Genesis 3 Female(s) 32803 1 $3.83
    i13 HQ Hoodie for the Genesis 3 Female(s) 32357 1 $3.83
    i13 Vacation Pose Collection 35117 1 $4.08
    Post edited by Novica on

So, if you buy from Librarian and do that sale, and participate in the 4 new releases thingie (yes works on PC+) you will get an additional discount on ironman's store. It's valid, not a glitch.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    edited January 2017

barbult's Top 3 Picks for January

Absolutely no contest, Number 1: Toon Generations 2 Mega Bundle for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Male(s)
    Example 2   Example 3

Number 2: Darius 7

Number 3: Harpsburg for Daz Studio

Post edited by barbult on

I've got to go look at what I bought vs what I rendered. Gawd, those are adorable Barbult! Did you see DarwinsMishap(s) toons using his characters? I laughed out loud at the second one. Here they are, in case anyone missed them. (Hint, I want to see more...) 

edited January 2017

Okay, re-read my post about the top 3 each month (you can list up to 5) 

Changing the guideline on when to submit your top three- We're doing January's top picks from January 31st through February 7th, midnight Daz time. (you can do it today, but the 7 days to post officially starts tomorrow to give you more time.)  You have to list things you have actually RENDERED the month of January, through the 31st. 

EDITED POST, removed link.  Also, PLEASE check your links after you do your post. If your links don't work and you don't have the required number, I can't enter you in the drawing. You have until the last day to fix those.

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Okay, re-read my post about the top 3 each month (you can list up to 5) 

Please read this post.  Changing the guideline on when to submit your top three- We're doing January's top picks from January 31st through February 7th, midnight Daz time. (you can do it today, but the 7 days to post officially starts tomorrow to give you more time.) To participate in the

$5 Gift Card drawing, please follow those directions. You have to list things you have actually RENDERED the month of January, through the 31st.

Thanks for the reminder I almost forgot!

barbult said:

January 2017 Top 3

Absolutely no contest, Number 1 is Toon Generations 2 Mega Bundle for Genesis 3 Female(s) and Male(s)
    Renders: link link link

I really don't have a number 2 or 3 for this month. Nothing else impressed my too much this month.

Oh my gosh these are adorable!  LOVE the last one, so stinking cute!

Hang on folks, I'm changing the Guidelines post. I thought I'm supposed to be able to edit a closed thread, but it isn't letting me. So I'm going to post the revised one in the first post of this thread. Give me a few minutes.

Do the products in the top 3 have to be from the Daz Store, or do other stores or freebies count, too.

edited January 2017
    barbult said:

Do the products in the top 3 have to be from the Daz Store, or do other stores or freebies count, too.

Freebies from Daz count, only Daz products (free or paid) though for participation in the Gift Card drawing.  

Post edited by Novica on

I've changed the rules so you don't have to repost the images, links (with the FULL title of the product) to your renders are fine. They can be from your galleries or threads here. If the image is not on Daz, please post the suitable "nudity" or "not family friendly" note by the render if it applies. (I'll go add that to the guidelines.)

edited January 2017

Novica's Top 5 Picks for January                    (not eligible for Gift Card, I'm the host of the contest)

In no particular order:

1 Sexy Skinz Lace Bodysuits for Genesis 3 Females  SO practical. Turn any ultra-sexy top into family friendly, no poke-through! 

2. Clown Wigs for Genesis 3 Males and Females     Example #2   Like it because it works for zombies and even real people!

3. Greek Houses  (But ONLY with my tweaks! I give you the settings) 

4. VYK Faith for Genesis 3 Female and Josie 7    She's just darned cute.

5. Bella Donna Poses, Chaise, and Shaders   Who wouldn't love a nice chaise, and morphs for a long dress in lounging positions?

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2017

January 2017  Top 3 - 5  Picks  (Summary Post)

I will add a link to your posts here, so all the posts are in one place and easy to surf. Then in the first post of the thread, I'll be linking the summary posts. You'll be able to quickly surf to the 12 months (if we continue it each month.) 

Novica
    Jakiblue
    Ice Dragon Art   
    Divamakeup

RGcincy
    Barbult
    Llynara
    Luci45
    Isidorn

Post edited by Novica on

I'm confused. Are we supposed to only link to the renders and not the products? Please look at my submission above and tell me what I need to change.

edited February 2017
    barbult said:

I'm confused. Are we supposed to only link to the renders and not the products? Please look at my submission above and tell me what I need to change.

Yes, the renders. Linking to a product doesn't show you used the product, doesn't show your work (which we love seeing)  See my post- although the first link is giving me fits, it's got the right link but going to the first post of this thread. It's also only one product allowed (in other words, you have three renders, but it's only for one product. To participate, you need a minimum of three products linked and shown. For an entire month, that's reasonable.) 

EDIT: Or you can link to the product page then put Render and link from there.

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:
    barbult said:

Yes, the renders. Linking to a product doesn't show you used the product, doesn't show your work (which we love seeing)  See my post- although the first link is giving me fits, it's got the right link but going to the first post of this thread. It's also only one product allowed (in other words, you have three renders, but it's only for one product. To participate, you need a minimum of three products linked and shown. For an entire month, that's reasonable.) 

Am I only allowed to link to 1 render per product?
    edited January 2017

I've been trying to link to the first post with the revised guidelines and the forum is going screwy. Just go to the first post, which is here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/144191/new-novica-forum-members-tips-product-reviews-pt-8/p1

Edit- I didn't answer her correctly, and clarify this in a few posts down. You can do more than one render for a product.

You will need a minimum of three renders, three different products. You can't post one render and use it for two favorites, or post three images for one product. It's a 3/3 deal.  (That link isn't working for me either. Just go to the first post of the thread. I give up!) 

Can someone check the first link in mine and see if it indeed takes you to the Sexy Skinz? It's the right link and will not work for me.

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

ARe the monthly top 3 picks to be posted here in this thread? (i forgot all about doing that!)

The sexy skinz link takes me to the guidelines post.  

Novica said:

I've been trying to link to the first post with the revised guidelines and the forum is going screwy. This should be working now. Yes, to answer your question.  You will need a minimum of three renders, three different products. You can't post one render and use it for two favorites, or post three images for one product. It's a 3/3 deal.

Can someone check the first link in mine and see if it indeed takes you to the Sexy Skinz? It's the right link and will not work for me.

edited January 2017
    jakiblue said:

ARe the monthly top 3 picks to be posted here in this thread? (i forgot all about doing that!)

Just link to them, follow my example a few posts up. :)   Looking forward to see what you come up with!  DO check your links, mine are going really screwy. You link to your RENDERS, and the link is the product title.

Post edited by Novica on

Okily dokily :D Your math posts on the discounts sent my head into a muddle so I was not sure what was happening. LOL 

Novica said:
    jakiblue said:

Just link to them, follow my example a few posts up. :)   Looking forward to see what you come up with!  DO check your links, mine are going really screwy. You link to your RENDERS, and the link is the product title.

This is SO maddening. Obviously, I know how to do links. The sexy skinz and that guidelines link are both correct, and both going to wrong places. Jaki- do me a favor, will you click on the first post of the thread and do the full url in a post, and also go to page 92 of thread 7 (the link to that is in the first post of this thread) and grab the link for the sexy skinz- the closeup of the man and woman and it clearly shows the corset top. It is the post after divamakeup's.  I'll try copy/paste your urls. 

This is the actual url for the thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/144191/new-novica-forum-members-tips-product-reviews-pt-8/p1

This is the url I get for the very first post: 

...ok that's not right. When clicking on the date under the poster's icon, I should be getting hte actual link for that particular post, but when i do that with your very first post in teh thread, i get this: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/144191/new-novica-forum-members-tips-product-reviews-pt-8

Yep, that's what is happening sometimes with mine too. What the heck? 

This discussion has been closed.